how hard is it to make a facebook type of program? and how does it work getting paid for clicks on your website?
Get a Bachelor degree in Computer Science so that you'll have a good programming foundation. Then learn some of these:
* ASP (Microsoft proprietary)
* ColdFusion (Adobe proprietary, formerly Macromedia)
* CGI and/or Perl (open source)
* C Server Scripts (TrustLeap G-WAN, freeware)
* Java, e.g. J2EE or WebObjects
* Lotus Domino
* PHP (open source)
* Python, e.g. Django (web framework) (open source)
* Ruby, e.g. Ruby on Rails (open source)
* Smalltalk e.g. Seaside, AIDA/Web
* Websphere (IBM proprietary)
* .NET (Microsoft proprietary)
.NET programmers usually have good job opportunities.