Author Topic: Ft. Hood suspect reportedly shouted `Allahu Akbar!  (Read 3520 times)

James

Ft. Hood suspect reportedly shouted `Allahu Akbar!
« on: November 06, 2009, 05:37:36 AM »
Ft. Hood suspect reportedly shouted `Allahu Akbar

By JEFF CARLTON, Associated Press Writer Jeff Carlton, Associated Press Writer   – 4 mins ago

FORT HOOD, Texas – Soldiers who witnessed the shooting rampage at Fort Hood that left 13 people dead reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" before opening fire, the base commander said Friday.

Lt. Gen. Robert Cone said officials had not yet confirmed that the suspected shooter, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, made the comment, which is Arabic for "God is great!" before the rampage Thursday, which left 30 people wounded, including the gunman.

An imam from a mosque Hasan regularly attended said Hasan, a lifelong Muslim, was a committed soldier, gave no sign of extremist beliefs and regularly wore his uniform at prayers.

Cone said Hasan was hospitalized in stable condition and that investigators hope to interrogate him as soon as possible. In the early chaos after the shootings, authorities believed they had killed him, only to discover later that he had survived.

Cone said Hasan was not known to be a threat or risk. He acknowledged that it was "counterintuitive" that a single shooter could kill and injure so many people. But he said the massacre occurred in "close quarters."

"With ricochet fire, he was able to injure that number of people," Cone said. Authorities are investigating whether Hasan's weapons were properly registered with the military.

The motive for the shooting wasn't clear, but Hasan was apparently set to deploy soon and had expressed some anger about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said generals at Fort Hood told her that Hasan was about to deploy overseas.

Lee said Hasan had hoped Obama would pull troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq and got into frequent arguments with others in the military who supported the wars.

Officials are not ruling out the possibility that some of the casualties may have been victims of "friendly fire," that in the mayhem and confusion at the shooting scene some of the responding military officials may have shot some of the victims.

The gunfire broke out around 1:30 p.m. at the Soldier Readiness Center, where soldiers who are about to be deployed or who are returning undergo medical screening. Nearby, some soldiers were readying to head into a graduation ceremony for troops and families who had recently earned degrees.

Pastor Greg Schannep had just parked his car along the side of the theater and was about to head into the ceremony when a man in uniform approached him.

"Sir, they are opening fire over there!" the man told him. At first, he thought it was a training exercise — then heard three volleys and saw people running. As the man who warned him about the shots ran away, he could see the man's back was bloodied from a wound.

Schannep said police and medical and other emergency personnel were on the scene in an instant, telling people to get inside the theater. The post went into lockdown while a search began for a suspect and emergency workers began trying to treat the wounded. Some soldiers rushed to treat their injured colleagues by ripping their uniforms into makeshift bandages to treat their wounds.

Video from the scene showed police patrolling the area with handguns and rifles, ducking behind buildings for cover. Sirens could be heard wailing while a woman's voice on a public-address system urged people to take cover. Schools on the base went into lockdown, and family members trying to find out what was happening inside found cell phone lines jammed or busy.

"I was confused and just shocked," said Spc. Jerry Richard, 27, who works at the center but was not on duty during the shooting. "Overseas you are ready for it. But here you can't even defend yourself."

The wounded were dispersed among hospitals in central Texas, Cone said. Their identities and the identities of the dead were not immediately released.

The bodies of the victims would be taken to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware for autopsies and forensic tests, said a U.S. official who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss matters that were under investigation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091106/ap_on_re_us/us_fort_hood_shooting

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Ft. Hood suspect reportedly shouted `Allahu Akbar!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 05:41:01 AM »
Ft. Hood suspect reportedly shouted `Allahu Akbar

By JEFF CARLTON, Associated Press Writer Jeff Carlton, Associated Press Writer   – 4 mins ago

FORT HOOD, Texas – Soldiers who witnessed the shooting rampage at Fort Hood that left 13 people dead reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" before opening fire, the base commander said Friday.

Lt. Gen. Robert Cone said officials had not yet confirmed that the suspected shooter, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, made the comment, which is Arabic for "God is great!" before the rampage Thursday, which left 30 people wounded, including the gunman.

An imam from a mosque Hasan regularly attended said Hasan, a lifelong Muslim, was a committed soldier, gave no sign of extremist beliefs and regularly wore his uniform at prayers.

Cone said Hasan was hospitalized in stable condition and that investigators hope to interrogate him as soon as possible. In the early chaos after the shootings, authorities believed they had killed him, only to discover later that he had survived.

Cone said Hasan was not known to be a threat or risk. He acknowledged that it was "counterintuitive" that a single shooter could kill and injure so many people. But he said the massacre occurred in "close quarters."

"With ricochet fire, he was able to injure that number of people," Cone said. Authorities are investigating whether Hasan's weapons were properly registered with the military.

The motive for the shooting wasn't clear, but Hasan was apparently set to deploy soon and had expressed some anger about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said generals at Fort Hood told her that Hasan was about to deploy overseas.

Lee said Hasan had hoped Obama would pull troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq and got into frequent arguments with others in the military who supported the wars.

Officials are not ruling out the possibility that some of the casualties may have been victims of "friendly fire," that in the mayhem and confusion at the shooting scene some of the responding military officials may have shot some of the victims.

The gunfire broke out around 1:30 p.m. at the Soldier Readiness Center, where soldiers who are about to be deployed or who are returning undergo medical screening. Nearby, some soldiers were readying to head into a graduation ceremony for troops and families who had recently earned degrees.

Pastor Greg Schannep had just parked his car along the side of the theater and was about to head into the ceremony when a man in uniform approached him.

"Sir, they are opening fire over there!" the man told him. At first, he thought it was a training exercise — then heard three volleys and saw people running. As the man who warned him about the shots ran away, he could see the man's back was bloodied from a wound.

Schannep said police and medical and other emergency personnel were on the scene in an instant, telling people to get inside the theater. The post went into lockdown while a search began for a suspect and emergency workers began trying to treat the wounded. Some soldiers rushed to treat their injured colleagues by ripping their uniforms into makeshift bandages to treat their wounds.

Video from the scene showed police patrolling the area with handguns and rifles, ducking behind buildings for cover. Sirens could be heard wailing while a woman's voice on a public-address system urged people to take cover. Schools on the base went into lockdown, and family members trying to find out what was happening inside found cell phone lines jammed or busy.

"I was confused and just shocked," said Spc. Jerry Richard, 27, who works at the center but was not on duty during the shooting. "Overseas you are ready for it. But here you can't even defend yourself."

The wounded were dispersed among hospitals in central Texas, Cone said. Their identities and the identities of the dead were not immediately released.

The bodies of the victims would be taken to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware for autopsies and forensic tests, said a U.S. official who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss matters that were under investigation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091106/ap_on_re_us/us_fort_hood_shooting

And people wonder why I have my CCW?   

Combine Anti-War Liberalism and Islam and what do you get?  Well you know. 

Why didnt this piece of shit resign and go to Iraq to fight the US like a brave muislim warrior?  Because they are cowards and punks. 

Another thing, I guess Obama's apologies havnt done shit.   

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 05:43:29 AM »

Cone made the following comments on NBC's Today Show this morning:

Army: Suspect said `Allahu Akbar!' before shooting 11/6/2009 6:36:00 AM
Associated Press/AP Online

By APRIL CASTRO and DEVLIN BARRETT

FORT HOOD, Texas - The base commander at Fort Hood says soldiers who witnessed a shooting rampage that left 13 people dead reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" before opening fire at the Texas post.

Lt. Gen. Robert Cone told NBC's "Today" show on Friday that suspected shooter, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, made the comment, which is Arabic for "God is great!" before the rampage Thursday that also left 30 people wounded.

Military officials say they are still piecing together what may have pushed Hasan, an Army psychiatrist trained to help soldiers in distress, to turn on his comrades.

Cone says Hasan was not known to be a threat or risk.

Hasan was shot four times during the rampage. Cone says he is hospitalized in stable condition and that military officials will interrogate him as soon as possible

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 05:45:10 AM »

Military officials say they are still piecing together what may have pushed Hasan, an Army psychiatrist trained to help soldiers in distress, to turn on his comrades.

________________________ ______________

How about the fact that he is follower of the Cult of Death? 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 05:46:37 AM »
The PC terminology is "religion of peace."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 05:48:00 AM »
The PC terminology is religion of peace.

Screw that.  Islam is a death cult.  Anywhere it spreads its followers cause shit like this to happen.   

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 05:49:30 AM »
What do white guys yell when losing it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 05:51:30 AM »
What do white guys yell when losing it?

"Take this you nasty bitch.  You bankrupted me, took my kids away from me, and now want blood from me too?"

I know about 15 white guys in that very same situation about to explode.   

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 05:56:27 AM »
"Take this you nasty bitch.  You bankrupted me, took my kids away from me, and now want blood from me too?"

I've met a few who were pretty much screwed between child support, custody and dealing with a nagging ex until their kids turn 21.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 06:11:54 PM »
Screw that.  Islam is a death cult.  Anywhere it spreads its followers cause shit like this to happen.   

Take it easy…
Take it easy…

Like our C-I-C said – don’t jump to any conclusions.

I’d really like to ask him why he supposes so many people DO jump to those types of conclusions.
 :-\

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 06:30:57 PM »
Yes-- we should not jump to conclusions

What had really happened was that the guy had really bad indigestion and let out a huge burp before he went on his killing spree. He was merely thanking god for releasing some of his gas before he decided to execute two dozen unarmed people and shoot several more.

::)

Whats scary is that Chris Matthews or one of these other scum of the earth talking heads would probably give credence to such a ridiculous explanation in a pathetic effort to be P.C

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 07:40:35 PM »

you're saying you know about 15 white guys who are about to explode?

what do you mean by explode?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 11:18:58 PM »
And people wonder why I have my CCW?   

Combine Anti-War Liberalism and Islam and what do you get?  Well you know. 

statistically, I'm more worried about the out-of-work white guy from up the street with rent to pay, than I am any other group motivated by religion, etc.

Chances are 1 in a million (or more) you'll ever need that CCW to fight a crazy muslim.  A lot greater chance some poor schlep with bills is the one to worry about.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 12:48:04 AM »
statistically, I'm more worried about the out-of-work white guy from up the street with rent to pay, than I am any other group motivated by religion, etc.

Chances are 1 in a million (or more) you'll ever need that CCW to fight a crazy muslim.  A lot greater chance some poor schlep with bills is the one to worry about.

But when one of these nutbags goes postal, guys like 33386 don't call for a culling of angry white guys from the general population. He doesn't call for all white guys to be locked up. He doesn't call all white guys vermin. i guess there are limits to his insanity I suppose. a soldier under extreme pressure snapped. It was bound to happen. I'm surprised something like this didn't happen sooner. Actually I think it did when they fragged that guy in afghanistan... the ex football player. What a spin they put on that one huh? All around tragic. What's worse is... I doubt he'll be the only one. i have no doubt there are far more ticking time bombs about to go off. I just hope they get diffused in time.
w

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 03:53:44 AM »
But when one of these nutbags goes postal, guys like 33386 don't call for a culling of angry white guys from the general population. He doesn't call for all white guys to be locked up. He doesn't call all white guys vermin. i guess there are limits to his insanity I suppose. a soldier under extreme pressure snapped. It was bound to happen. I'm surprised something like this didn't happen sooner. Actually I think it did when they fragged that guy in afghanistan... the ex football player. What a spin they put on that one huh? All around tragic. What's worse is... I doubt he'll be the only one. i have no doubt there are far more ticking time bombs about to go off. I just hope they get diffused in time.

I don't think anybody wants to round up all Muslims, but let's drop the pretense that that religion is not a threat.

You're desperately trying to make an equivalent based on actions alone.  The people you're pointing to don't have a religion behind them that is actively advocating killing infidels.

It's rare to hear such and such Christian church was espousing the congregation engage in violence.  It's not uncommon to hear such and such mosque was promoting the killing of infidels.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 04:32:27 AM »

Thats because the mythical boogey man "angry white guy" statistically barely exists.  But keep up your lies Jag, only you and few others morons around here believe you.  I have far more to fear from minorities committing acts of violence than they do from me.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 04:43:11 AM »
Thats because the mythical boogey man "angry white guy" statistically barely exists.   

???

In SW Fl, that angry white man, hell the angry any color man, definitely exists.  We're #2 in the nation in foreclosures, dead tourism and construction indistry, and God only knows how high unemployment is here.  Was officially 13% a while back when everyone else was flirting with 9, so you can bet we're *really* in 20 or more today. 

I don't see many muslims at all, and they're the least of my worry when I'm coming out of a grocery store with the family or walking away form the ATM.  It's broke local ppl that I'm worried about.  If the 1-in-million time comes whensome jihad punk like this arises, I'll obviously be ready like I am with all people.  but in my everyday life, there's not time o complain about muslims, cause the folks of every color on my street are broke as hell.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 04:45:11 AM »
???

In SW Fl, that angry white man, hell the angry any color man, definitely exists.  We're #2 in the nation in foreclosures, dead tourism and construction indistry, and God only knows how high unemployment is here.  Was officially 13% a while back when everyone else was flirting with 9, so you can bet we're *really* in 20 or more today. 

I don't see many muslims at all, and they're the least of my worry when I'm coming out of a grocery store with the family or walking away form the ATM.  It's broke local ppl that I'm worried about.  If the 1-in-million time comes whensome jihad punk like this arises, I'll obviously be ready like I am with all people.  but in my everyday life, there's not time o complain about muslims, cause the folks of every color on my street are broke as hell.

The issue is who is out killing people.  White males statistically do not commit the majority of murders in this country and are portrayed in a way that does not reflect the reality of the statistics.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 04:47:50 AM »
Blacks and Hispanics Lead Hate Crime Statistics
by La Shawn on July 28, 2008

in General

So much for a black-brown coalition. 

According to the 36-page 2007 Hate Crimes Report (PDF), thugs committed 763 “hate crimes” in 2007 in Los Angeles County, 28 percent higher than last year.

The majority of these crimes was motivated by bias against race/ethnicity and national origin. In “antiblack” crimes, 71 percent of suspects were hispanic; in anti-hispanic crimes, 56 percent of suspects were black. Blacks and hispanics are natural enemies (gang-bangers only?), it seems.

Before I continue, let me say for the record that the idea of a separate category as “hate crime” is ridiculous to the point of absurdity. Any crime of violence is a hate crime, regardless of what the perpetrator was thinking or shouting while committing the crime. If a thug hits someone on the head and grabs his wallet, that’s a crime. But silly-law proponents consider it much worse if the thug shouted, “black!” or “Fag!” while hitting the person on the head and grabbing his wallet. Dig?

The report, released by the Los Angeles County Human Relations Commission, isn’t getting much coverage in mainstream media. (The LA Times covered it, but it didn’t have much choice, being the “local” paper.) I wonder why. Let’s speculate, shall we?

There’s little money and almost no white-guilt potential in a report that reveals the continued animosity between two so-called oppressed minority groups. Do you agree? According to the report, “white supremacists” accounted for 17 percent of all hate crimes, but the number is too low to be worth milking, apparently. Do you agree?

Do me a favor. Let me know which black radio stations and news outlets mention this report. And if you find a mainstream media story about it, please post the link in comments.

Related posts:

■Black and Hispanic “Hate” in LA County
■Hispanic Gang in “All-America City” Targets Blacks
■Hispanic-on-Black Violence: Protestors, Where Are You?
■Georgia Strikes Down Thought Crime Law

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 06:18:50 AM »
Dint let something like the facts get in the way of your argument 33386-- As we know people like Jaguar are allergic to them.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 06:36:21 AM »
Dint let something like the facts get in the way of your argument 33386-- As we know people like Jaguar are allergic to them.  ::)

Facts are like kryptonite to liberals.  Especially the brain dead ones like jag, mons, kc, blacken, etc.

No matter how much data facts, evidence, etc you put forth, they still hold on to their failed hysterical emotional boogey men arguments that bear no relation to reality.   

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 07:42:36 AM »
Especially the absolutely moronic argument about All Religions being violent and bad for society.

Those damn Buddhist monks really need to stop with the beheadings on youtube!

Also, can you believe how many hindu's are blowing up their own temples while men, women and children are praying?

How about those damn Catholics hi-jacking airplanes and flying them into buildings-- or those pesky hassidic jews taking a school hostage and executing a few hundred children?

Also-- atheists have shown us the way to avoid needless violence! The Khmer Rouge, Stalin, Hitler, Fidel Castro, Mao and the rest have been a sterling example of how to make sure innocent people are not killed for no reason.

Is everyone paying attention?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 08:10:52 AM »
Most mass murderers, like most serial killers, are , white males.and since we are talking about a mass murder lets show the right statictics , so once again 333386 i have to correct your stupid ass, Facts are like kryptonite to 333386

Facts are like kryptonite to liberals.  Especially the brain dead ones like jag, mons, kc, blacken, etc.

No matter how much data facts, evidence, etc you put forth, they still hold on to their failed hysterical emotional boogey men arguments that bear no relation to reality.    

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 08:26:45 AM »
Especially the absolutely moronic argument about All Religions being violent and bad for society.

Those damn Buddhist monks really need to stop with the beheadings on youtube!

Also, can you believe how many hindu's are blowing up their own temples while men, women and children are praying?

How about those damn Catholics hi-jacking airplanes and flying them into buildings-- or those pesky hassidic jews taking a school hostage and executing a few hundred children?

Also-- atheists have shown us the way to avoid needless violence! The Khmer Rouge, Stalin, Hitler, Fidel Castro, Mao and the rest have been a sterling example of how to make sure innocent people are not killed for no reason.

Is everyone paying attention?

QFT x100000000000

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2009, 09:22:20 AM »
GREAT >:(

chances of Toxic getting a good job with these stupid fuckers pulling shit like this getting lower >:(

its all this "equal rights" and "affirmative action " bullshit....

at least in Pakistan people like these dont make it into positions to do real harm....hell we wont even let em close to our neighborhoods...

but this equal rights for all dumbfucks is killing this country
carpe` vaginum!