• It’s All Bullshit
Re: 10.2%
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 08:05:49 AM »
Hahaha yes that must be it

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 08:06:28 AM »
I don't think I am being dishonest at all.  They wanted to say that there is an  embargo on criticizing Obama and that it is unusual the way he has gone after Fox.  I disagree and gave examples of why I felt that wasn't true.

What you have to remember is that for many years after 911, there was very little criticism directed towards Bush because of the wave of patriotism and national unity that swept over many people and organizations.  The attitude of the Bush administration that you are either with us or against us, contributed to that.  That did dissipate over time when the pubic perception of the war began to change.

And it is also not true that he bush administration did go after the news media the same way Bush did.  The Bush administration went after the news organizations that disagreed with the way the war was being conducted and who they felt were being partisan, just like the Obama administration is doing now.

The well it was on your watch thing came much later during the 911 commitee when docuements came to light which indicated that the FBI thought that Bin Laden might attack American buildings with planes and the Bush administraiton did nothing about it.

Third paragraph....wrong.....t hey started blaming him for the economy he inherited stating it was on his watch.   Look I don't want to type huge paragraphs with examples of this and that. You're a liberal and there's no way I will get u to agree, nor do I care. Bottom line and my main point is you have a short memory if u don't remember the media blaming Bush for every silly thing that occured.    Payback time.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 08:14:57 AM »
Third paragraph....wrong.....t hey started blaming him for the economy he inherited stating it was on his watch.   Look I don't want to type huge paragraphs with examples of this and that. You're a liberal and there's no way I will get u to agree, nor do I care. Bottom line and my main point is you have a short memory if u don't remember the media blaming Bush for every silly thing that occured.    Payback time.

I do remember the media attacking Bush but that didn't happen until much later and not until after a lot of screw ups.    Directly after 911 the economy was the last thing on the media's mind.  Bush certainly didn't help the economy and his handling of the war,his failing to capture Bin Laden and attacking Iraq didn't do much to improve his standing in the eyes of the public and them media.

The economy was quite strong when Bush became President. A strong economy was one of the platforms his opponent campaigned on. The budget was balanced and there was a surplus.   

You're admitting that you criticize Obama as payback. I don't get that.  That makes you just another partisan. It also means a lot of your problems with Obama are personal and partisan. You can't argrue on those grounds.  And let me clarify, I am pretty moderate in my political beliefs or nuanced if you will.   I am pretty liberal on social issues but surprisingly conservative economically.
A

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 08:24:25 AM »

I do remember the media attacking Bush but that didn't happen until much later and not until after a lot of screw ups.    Directly after 911 the economy was the last thing on the media's mind.  Bush certainly didn't help the economy and his handling of the war,his failing to capture Bin Laden and attacking Iraq didn't do much to improve his standing in the eyes of the public and them media.

The economy was quite strong when Bush became President. A strong economy was one of the platforms his opponent campaigned on. The budget was balanced and there was a surplus.   

You're admitting that you criticize Obama as payback. I don't get that.  That makes you just another partisan. It also means a lot of your problems with Obama are personal and partisan. You can't argrue on those grounds.  And let me clarify, I am pretty moderate in my political beliefs or nuanced if you will.   I am pretty liberal on social issues but surprisingly conservative economically.
Before 9/11 we were coming off the internet bubble, things were not good and he was being blamed for it. Don't remember that either? You guys crack me up. You guys wrote the BOOK on criticism of a president. You brought it to new levels, or depths and had no problem admitting your hate for this guy. Partisa,? You guys wore patisanship on your sleeves when Bush was in. Lot of phonies walking around when the tide has turned.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 08:36:55 AM »
Before 9/11 we were coming off the internet bubble, things were not good and he was being blamed for it. Don't remember that either? You guys crack me up. You guys wrote the BOOK on criticism of a president. You brought it to new levels, or depths and had no problem admitting your hate for this guy. Partisa,? You guys wore patisanship on your sleeves when Bush was in. Lot of phonies walking around when the tide has turned.

I do remember the bubble but the problem was made worse by deficient spending and the Bush administration borrowing more than all 42 previous presidents.  A budget surplus of 2.4 percent of gross domestic product (G.D.P.), turned into a deficit of 3.6 percent in the space of four years.  This was not the result of the internet bubble burst but deficient spending. The Federal Reserve Board reduced interest rates down to 1 percent to compensation for the deficit.  Credit spending was insane. By 2007 there was 900 Billion in credit card debt.

Now, if according to your logic, you can't blame a President for the economy he was given.  We can't blame Obama either. 

Aren't you suppose to be done talking to me.
A

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2009, 08:52:36 AM »
  I do remember the bubble but the problem was made worse by deficient spending and the Bush administration borrowing more than all 42 previous presidents.  A budget surplus of 2.4 percent of gross domestic product (G.D.P.), turned into a deficit of 3.6 percent in the space of four years.  This was not the result of the internet bubble burst but deficient spending. The Federal Reserve Board reduced interest rates down to 1 percent to compensation for the deficit.  Credit spending was insane. By 2007 there was 900 Billion in credit card debt.

Now, if according to your logic, you can't blame a President for the economy he was given.  We can't blame Obama either. 

Aren't you suppose to be done talking to me.
Uh...genius...anyone can come armed with a list of a presidents shortcomings and Bush had plenty so you're not impressing anyone. The point here was fairness in crtcizing(sp) a sitting president. And the lefties got to a point where they didn't care how obvious they were because they were not being taken to task for it. So, don't whine when it comes back at u.

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 08:57:19 AM »
true, the "unofficial" reports put it more at 17% , counting people who "gave up".

i would say even higher than that...It was about 17% last spring

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 03:26:47 PM »
Uh...genius...anyone can come armed with a list of a presidents shortcomings and Bush had plenty so you're not impressing anyone. The point here was fairness in crtcizing(sp) a sitting president. And the lefties got to a point where they didn't care how obvious they were because they were not being taken to task for it. So, don't whine when it comes back at u.

How can you be fair when you admitted you were attacking Obama as "pay back". 

And, I am not trying to impress anybody, don't know where that came from.

You made arguments I disagreed with and you became upset.  I didn't whine at all. Saying that I did doesn't make it true but if you choose to believe that more power to you.

You keep attacking lefties which has absolutely nothing to do with anything that was written.
A