Author Topic: When you have kids your life is over  (Read 26471 times)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: When you have kids your life is over
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 12:59:27 PM »
kids are awesome....when they're not yours

every time i see my 9 year old nephew (I can't wait to see the editing on this quote, btw) i put him into figure four leg locks and give him ric flair- type chops...and the little fucker sells them like a wrestler too

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 01:00:46 PM »
Is that the truth or a lie?

Discuss
            don't have kids, they fuck up your shit, eat your food than plug up the toilets, as they get older they take over your weightroom and spit on you when you sleep. kids bad idea just like marriage buy a dog at least there loyal as long as you feed them.
F

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 01:05:53 PM »
A few month ago I would have agreed with you - but even with my baby not born I have changed my perception a lot - I possibly never will be a "look I'm a dad and I am so proud" type of father.
But... something happens when you know you have fathered a child, I kind of look at babies in a different way - its possibly some ancient racial memory that makes sure you take care of you child but I cannot wait to have a go at the little guy/girl and teach him some of he hard lessons I had to learn myself.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 01:08:16 PM »
Every time I think about having kids, I think about how much it costs and I get scared.  I don’t know how my parents did it?  Between the two of us, we make $400-500K and I swear I feel like it’s not enough.  Housing and costs of living are always going up…  saving for college, private schooling, activities, cars, clothes, toys.  Ahhh!  I’m scared!  No kids for me (yet).   :-\

For now,  I'll just spoil my nieces and nephews.  They give me all the fun of being a parent without any of the responsibilities.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2009, 01:10:40 PM »
Every time I think about having kids, I think about how much it costs and I get scared.  I don’t know how my parents did it?  Between the two of us, we make $400-500K and I swear I feel like it’s not enough.  Housing and costs of living are always going up…  saving for college, private schooling, activities, cars, clothes, toys.  Ahhh!  I’m scared!  No kids for me (yet).   :-\

For now,  I'll just spoil my nieces and nephews.  They give me all the fun of being a parent without any of the responsibilities.

When you have children all that becomes important is that they have it good. 500k not enough get over it lol - there are parents that make it with way way waaay less, children don't need diapers made out of gold or every present under the sun.
I believe it is enough if you can give them unquestionable love and support.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2009, 01:14:01 PM »
Its a lie for some, truth for others. The ones who say their life is over are the ones who haven't grown up and are not ready for the responsibility and are so self-centered that they would rather put themselves first. Nothing like having kids, I would change my life for anything, I have missed out on anything!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 01:29:30 PM »
When you have children all that becomes important is that they have it good. 500k not enough get over it lol - there are parents that make it with way way waaay less, children don't need diapers made out of gold or every present under the sun.
I believe it is enough if you can give them unquestionable love and support.

I know it sounds irrational—especially given what we were raised on as kids, but having children is as much an emotional decision as a rational one.  Unlike many people, I would not become an accidental parent—it would be a deliberate, careful, conscious, and an expesive choice.  So, how much would be enough?  I’ve been asked that before.  I know many couples—even singles--who do it with a whole lot less.  But if I were to do it with confidence, we would both need to make something like $400k.  And maybe have one of those crazy Wall Street bonuses in the bank.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2009, 01:30:18 PM »
you're a homo man

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2009, 01:33:04 PM »
I've never thought that but then lucky to have been resourceful sufficiently to afford a nanny when they were infants.  the deal today is as long as they stay in school and off drugs/alcohol i'll take care of things....

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2009, 01:39:55 PM »
maybe there comes a time i think different about it but now i only think i havent partied enough to settle down yet.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2009, 01:47:07 PM »
I know it sounds irrational—especially given what we were raised on as kids, but having children is as much an emotional decision as a rational one.  Unlike many people, I would not become an accidental parent—it would be a deliberate, careful, conscious, and an expesive choice.  So, how much would be enough?  I’ve been asked that before.  I know many couples—even singles--who do it with a whole lot less.  But if I were to do it with confidence, we would both need to make something like $400k.  And maybe have one of those crazy Wall Street bonuses in the bank.

x2 kids are a huge burden.

TEAM Nasser

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2009, 04:52:01 PM »
Unlike many people, I would not become an accidental parent...
Isn't that pretty much a lock for you?

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2009, 04:56:23 PM »
Life chnges for sure and it is good. My son turns 5 moths old Tuesday.
U

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2009, 05:09:57 PM »
Its a lie for some, truth for others. The ones who say their life is over are the ones who haven't grown up and are not ready for the responsibility and are so self-centered that they would rather put themselves first. Nothing like having kids, I would change my life for anything, I have missed out on anything!

X2

Instead of watching a fucking Football game I'll forget about 2 seconds after it's over, I took my daughter on a bike ride.

We went up to the Starbucks on the corner, i got a coffee, she got a hot chocolate, and then we rode to the park. Spent the day riding around the lakes, I showed her how to skip stones on the water...and then we went home.

Yeah....I really regret not zoning out in front of the TV all afternoon  ::) ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2009, 05:16:52 PM »
i want 4 kids

That's pretty ambitious.  It's much easier to go one at a time or the first ones just keep escaping.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2009, 05:20:15 PM »
That's pretty ambitious.  It's much easier to go one at a time or the first ones just keep escaping.

I think 2 is the max. after that you can't play man- to-man defense...you have to switch to the zone, and that causes problems.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2009, 05:24:28 PM »
I think 2 is the max. after that you can't play man- to-man defense...you have to switch to the zone, and that causes problems.

He doesn't even have a van.  Guy's a total noob.

Adam11

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2009, 05:24:40 PM »
I find this thread interesting...

in the early 90's, "over population" seemed to be a concern;

then came "econimics" based control... "kids are a burden"... not when you live on 150 acre ranch.

The richer can afford to "procreate" the middle class can't; the poor allways will as they are too stupid to birth control anyway; but it's all good; it provides cheap labor / spare parts to the 1%ers....

Illuminatis in action brothers...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2009, 05:33:33 PM »
if you're going to be a good parent, i'd say your life is over as you currently know it

good parents put their child ahead of themselves

i don't think many guys want kids or just don't understand what being a father is

it's been ingrained in their head since they were a young child that "you're going to be a father some day" so they mindlessly go along with that

E
E

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2009, 05:36:09 PM »
if you're going to be a good parent, i'd say your life is over as you currently know it

i don't think many guys want kids or just don't understand what being a father is

it's been ingrained in their head since they were a young child that "you're going to be a father some day" so they mindlessly go along with that

E

QFT

Adam11

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2009, 05:38:36 PM »

E

This explains why gays and bodybuilders rarely have kids.. well the later is biology 101 with shitsmell but you get my point...

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2009, 05:44:41 PM »
Nah...it's like being a kid all over again, only this time you have money!

I love my two sons. Hell, buying my oldest son an xbox 360 with Halo 3 (when it came out) and seeing the look on his face was priceless.
The answer is "yes".

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2009, 05:48:07 PM »

E

I disagree ,I started enjoying other things in life , I enjoy when my kid play sports ,I enjoy going  to the park and play with him , seeing my kid laughing  and having a good time ,feels better than any other shit I ever did in my life.

Adam11

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2009, 05:48:59 PM »
Nah...it's like being a kid all over again, only this time you have money!

I love my two sons. Hell, buying my oldest son an xbox 360 with Halo 3 (when it came out) and seeing the look on his face was priceless.

That's the fuckign spirit bro.. that's how our dad acted with us...

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2009, 05:49:01 PM »

Having a shitload of money is no guarantee that you will be a good parent, or that your kids will lead a fulfilling life. i know PLENTY of guys that were born with a platinum spoon in their mouths that are miserable fuckup junkies.

And to quote the tired cliche...you're never "ready" to have a kid.