Author Topic: When you have kids your life is over  (Read 26590 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: When you have kids your life is over
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2009, 07:45:28 PM »
No, we are talking about seeing 2 parents being forced to work a night shift and take their kids all over town to school while they are sleep deprived when they time could be better invested elsewhere. I am speaking of the poor who have to work very hard to maintain a making ends meet life status. I myself have trouble squeezing in my workouts but i get them done.

Honestly man, it doesn't make any difference.....poor or not.....manual labor or white collar.....kids or not.....if someone makes it a priority, there is always a way.  Don't let them sob story you to death.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2009, 07:49:42 PM »
Honestly man, it doesn't make any difference.....poor or not.....manual labor or white collar.....kids or not.....if someone makes it a priority, there is always a way.  Don't let them sob story you to death.
I agree that if there is enough love for something time will be made for it. I currently work at a very crappy place but im about to get a new job (hopefully) here in the next week. I don't think i work with stupid people but people who have made very stupid life decisions like having unprotected sex, etc. Irresponsibility has led most of them to their current situations. I know guys who are only 27 and have to make multiple child support payments leaving them with nothing and having to pick up more hours.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2009, 07:52:36 PM »
I agree that if there is enough love for something time will be made for it. I currently work at a very crappy place but im about to get a new job (hopefully) here in the next week. I don't think i work with stupid people but people who have made very stupid life decisions like having unprotected sex, etc. Irresponsibility has led most of them to their current situations. I know guys who are only 27 and have to make multiple child support payments leaving them with nothing and having to pick up more hours.

Yeah, hope you get outta that situation....and those people seldom just make a single mistake.....its a continuous thing.....one after the other for their whole life.  And then they complain about it!  I can understand somebody making one and then working to get their life on track, but they seldom do.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2009, 07:57:10 PM »
if only this thread could convince most of you not to reproduce ....

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2009, 09:32:09 PM »
This statement has 2 views. Some people might think life begins when you have churrens. I personally feel (from my selfish perspective) that life ends when you have children because then you must devote yourself to raising them. Every person i work with who has children is overweight, haggard, and lifeless. It is a sad sight to see people so young already married and baring the weight and responsibilities of adulthood. I am still a child at heart in many ways and probably won't reproduce. If i ever did choose to do such a thing id wait until i was much older (40's) and make sure i was financially stable and willing to dedicate all my time and energy to them.

Catch 22 right there son.

When you have kids when you are young, you may not have the money you will later in life, but you have a shitload more energy to deal with caring for an infant...it is draining for the first couple of years

Plus you have more quality years with your child when you have them young. how fair is it to a kid that when he's a teenager his father is fucking pushing 60?

I had my kid at 33 and i wish i had her younger than that. as far as money goes...you do what the fuck you have to, just because you are a parent doesn't mean you won't progress in your career and make more money. it's not the end of your life.

Yeah it would be nice to have millions in the bank and never have to worry about a thing, but Getbiggers aside  ::)  that's not reality for 95% of all people

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2009, 09:43:59 PM »
when you have Kids your life changes, it isnt over, they basically become the priority and focus, i have two, no doubt me and my wifes relationship isnt what it once was, but weve adapted, I dont get to bodybuild anymore, i still train daily but i made that choice before having them, i knew i could go start a family and pursue finacial security, or i could keep bodybuilding as my proiority, to me it was a no brainer, the sports a hobby that some fools let rule their life, put the same level of dedication and time into buisness and you will get finacial security, something you wont get from bodybuilding unless your in the top few guys.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2009, 09:49:04 PM »
Catch 22 right there son.

When you have kids when you are young, you may not have the money you will later in life, but you have a shitload more energy to deal with caring for an infant...it is draining for the first couple of years

Plus you have more quality years with your child when you have them young. how fair is it to a kid that when he's a teenager his father is fucking pushing 60?

I had my kid at 33 and i wish i had her younger than that. as far as money goes...you do what the fuck you have to, just because you are a parent doesn't mean you won't progress in your career and make more money. it's not the end of your life.

Yeah it would be nice to have millions in the bank and never have to worry about a thing, but Getbiggers aside  ::)  that's not reality for 95% of all people
My dad had me when he was 40 and kept up just fine. Our quirks and insecurities/ problems as adults can usually be attributed to our parents. I feel i was raised as best i could be. The only thing i lack in is life experiences which i am actively trying to create for myself now. What many people don't understand is if a child misses a stage of mental development or a parent doesn't allow for it to be developed correctly then the child will be screwed up for life. I feel as a younger parent you do not have the knowledge nor experience to raise a child correctly. Many young parents still drink/ smoke pots, etc and raise their children incorrectly. There are always exceptions to the rule though.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2009, 10:56:06 PM »
I can't stand kids, never have and never will.  My girl and I both don't want kids, and we love the idea of having two incomes and no children.  we aren't partyers, but we love our time.  we both agree that having dogs is a huge responsibility, and those are nothing compared to kids. 

once you have children, whether or not you enjoy it, you are no longer living for yourself, you are living to provide for your children.  that means that your life is over.  I see people with children, and they all look dead tired all the time, regardless of income level. 

we are happily selfish, and we don't plan on changing that.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2009, 11:16:39 PM »
My dad had me when he was 40 and kept up just fine. Our quirks and insecurities/ problems as adults can usually be attributed to our parents. I feel i was raised as best i could be. The only thing i lack in is life experiences which i am actively trying to create for myself now. What many people don't understand is if a child misses a stage of mental development or a parent doesn't allow for it to be developed correctly then the child will be screwed up for life. I feel as a younger parent you do not have the knowledge nor experience to raise a child correctly. Many young parents still drink/ smoke pots, etc and raise their children incorrectly. There are always exceptions to the rule though.

Fair enough L.B.

refreshing to have a differing opinion with someone here and we're not calling each other a cock-biter

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2009, 11:22:18 PM »
One thing is for sure is that if i ever do have kids......the bastard will have a golf club in his hand from day one. Kids gotta earn his keep.
No doubt about it...

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2009, 11:26:53 PM »
One thing is for sure is that if i ever do have kids......the bastard will have a golf club in his hand from day one. Kids gotta earn his keep.

Also make sure that he's half black, you can't dominate the sport of golf without being at least mulatto ;D
from incomplete data

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2009, 11:29:49 PM »

Webcke....are you a man with muscles yet?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2009, 11:30:12 PM »
I'd rather my kid be an Aryan bum rather than a half cast.
No doubt about it...

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2009, 11:30:54 PM »
Very nice.....

HAHA, RON.....

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2009, 11:32:03 PM »
This quoting problem is really fucking me around here. Anyway.....

Dear Groink,

I would say that right now i am a young man with a little bit of muscle. Not yet a fully fledged man with muscles......but give it time.

Sincerely,
webcke

No doubt about it...

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2009, 11:40:18 PM »
I'm not having kids until I'm 35.
P

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2009, 11:55:28 PM »
This quoting problem is really fucking me around here. Anyway.....

Huh.  That's weird.

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2009, 11:57:17 PM »
I along with the rest of humanity celebrate the fact that I never reproduced.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2009, 12:03:44 AM »
I along with the rest of humanity celebrate the fact that I never reproduced.

Maybe you and twila should have a baby?
P

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2009, 12:04:32 AM »
Yes, young tapey.......it is weird.  :-\
No doubt about it...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2009, 12:07:08 AM »
Yes, young tapey.......it is weird.  :-\

Who me? 

It's probably that oversized monitor of yours.

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2009, 12:07:54 AM »
Maybe you and twila should have a baby?

i dont even live in the same city anymore

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2009, 12:09:09 AM »
She had a meltdown?
P

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2009, 12:09:49 AM »
She had a meltdown?

I left--I took the poker show on the road--either gonna go pro or fail---no in between

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2009, 12:13:33 AM »
Most women in their 30s should cut the bs and just wear an INSEMINATE ME NOW! shirt.  Or not be an offputting nutjob that sends a man running for the hills.  Either way.

Are you fully on the road Av or you got a base of operations?