Author Topic: When you have kids your life is over  (Read 26602 times)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: When you have kids your life is over
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2009, 09:29:51 AM »
i think i will never grow up

zwide

• Getbig II
  • hard work is the only way
« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2009, 09:37:09 AM »
Part of becoming an adult is learning how to live for other people i.e. a wife, your kids, your family.  Self absorbed, narcissistic, bodybuilding teenagers have no clue what that means hence they are not adults yet.  You can be 21 or you can 40.  Age doesn't make you an adult.  It's a mindset, a state of mind, and a stage of life that never goes away.  Once you get married and start a family you should be an adult for the rest of your life, handle your shit and take great care of those you are responsible for.  Getbig is full of grown up adolescents.  A real man who works hard and takes care of his family and wife doesn't have time to eat 6 times a day, workout for hours on end and spend worthless amounts of time stepping up on stage competing in bikinis for plastic trophies and a Hummer. 

The rewards of entering adulthood and having kids and watching those kids grow up to be responsible and capable adults is worth more than anything, especially achieving something as trivial as a 500lb bench or 20 inch arms. 

XXX 2

Truth of the matter is life changes and its does also change your focus in life - you are still able to mantain your healthy lifestyle sometimes including your kids - thx to Goodlife Canada that have a daycare in the gym .. lol

But with my son its nice to see the little brat grow up and ask nice and annoying questions - going running with him while he is biking -
 ;D :D
Hard work is the only way

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2009, 09:40:31 AM »

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2009, 09:44:14 AM »
I'd marry Mars.

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2009, 09:44:46 AM »
Lie.

I asked about it to my mom when I was a kid.
She said she wanted to say thanx to me for giving new life and experience to her.
For example, she has never been to fishing until i went with her.
And she has been crazy for going to fish everyday becuase of me.
Only person who has prejudice dont see it.
Becoming adult with full of prejudice shits is a sad thing.
Stay young forever, my getbig friends.

LOL

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2009, 09:45:22 AM »
Part of becoming an adult is learning how to live for other people i.e. a wife, your kids, your family.  Self absorbed, narcissistic, bodybuilding teenagers have no clue what that means hence they are not adults yet.  You can be 21 or you can 40.  Age doesn't make you an adult.  It's a mindset, a state of mind, and a stage of life that never goes away.  Once you get married and start a family you should be an adult for the rest of your life, handle your shit and take great care of those you are responsible for.  Getbig is full of grown up adolescents.  A real man who works hard and takes care of his family and wife doesn't have time to eat 6 times a day, workout for hours on end and spend worthless amounts of time stepping up on stage competing in bikinis for plastic trophies and a Hummer. 

The rewards of entering adulthood and having kids and watching those kids grow up to be responsible and capable adults is worth more than anything, especially achieving something as trivial as a 500lb bench or 20 inch arms. 

says the man with 12 inch arms

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2009, 09:49:46 AM »

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2009, 09:52:49 AM »
i think i will never grow up

And thats good so as well - I think so as well that there is part of me that will always be a boy :D and thats ok - actually I think that is very important.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2009, 09:56:18 AM »
we re not meant to be alone anyway. Our brain develops itself biologically being in contact with others. In chimps and humans and any kind of animal life the brain physically stops growing if it isnt in contact of external social stimulis from other individuals wether they are parents, family or strangers. Now these stimulis can be either good or bad that's fore sure, but we re not going into this debate here.

Also our modern societies are destroying family and other fundamental values so you d better keep away from TV, medias as a whole, and get people you know to do the same. Our modern societies build  empty and deeply unhappy minds industrially daily. Dont get trapped in the illusions, addictions, the best way not to be fooled is to stay away from all the sources of suffering, even (especially) if they are extremely seductive.

The environment affects our mind, but our mind can also affect our environment.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2009, 09:58:39 AM »
says the man with 12 inch arms

Always one dumbass trying to be funny.  Thanks for proving my point.  

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2009, 11:48:31 AM »
Everybody has some stupid excuse.......never enough time, yet they spend countless hours watching TV, etc.....  Then you have the flipside, like one of my friends who worked 10hr days, w/1hr commute both ways......still NEVER missed training and had a very strict diet.....

Plus, most health clubs/gyms have child-care centers. My 5-year old daughter sometimes asks, if she can go to the gym with me. Now, she's become my little gym buddy.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2009, 11:50:57 AM »
Plus, most health clubs/gyms have child-care centers. My 5-year old daughter sometimes asks, if she can go to the gym with me. Now, she's become my little gym buddy.

Very cool.  Now if only you can get her to give you a hard time when you want to skip a day.....haha

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2009, 12:05:44 PM »
Very cool.  Now if only you can get her to give you a hard time when you want to skip a day.....haha

Well, Wednesday is my day off. She only gives me a hard time, because that is date night with Mommy and she (my little girl) wants to go with us.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2009, 12:32:30 PM »
I disagree ,I started enjoying other things in life , I enjoy when my kid play sports ,I enjoy going  to the park and play with him , seeing my kid laughing  and having a good time ,feels better than any other shit I ever did in my life.

you mean you start living vicariously through your children, not actually doing anything yourself ??? now that sounds like life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEAM Nasser

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2009, 12:41:41 PM »

omg you can't be serious?  you mean everybody should have a burden and raise kids and stop living for themselves at a certain age?  Your description of an adult is part of societies description, probably not your own, cause society wants you to have a family marriage all that shit to help it sustain, people who don't have kids, are self absorbed narcissistic don't help society any.  I think your thinking it more of what society wants, not what individuals want.

TEAM Nasser

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2009, 12:54:16 PM »

I wouldn't go that far. A real man does, in fact, work hard and take care of his family. Does that mean he can't become a successful bodydbuilder? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

Men like Bill Pearl and Lee Haney are prime examples of that. Pearl was known for training as early as 3 a.m., in order to have the time for training WITHOUT sacrificing that precious time for his wife, kids, and business.

If anything, he curtailed certain extracirricular activities, to prioritize his goals.

Haney's reputation for being the ultimate champion bodybuilder and family man is well-known and respected.

Yes, a real man focuses on his family (although in Haney's case, he'd probably state that he puts the Lord first, his family second, and himself and bodybuilding last); but, if you can do that and get your swole on, I say "Go for it!!"

;D

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2009, 12:59:23 PM »
omg you can't be serious?  you mean everybody should have a burden and raise kids and stop living for themselves at a certain age?  Your description of an adult is part of societies description, probably not your own, cause society wants you to have a family marriage all that shit to help it sustain, people who don't have kids, are self absorbed narcissistic don't help society any.  I think your thinking it more of what society wants, not what individuals want.

you may not agree with his post but there is a lot of truth in it.  its not a truth that many people care to hear.  if you are going to have kids this IS the mentality you need to have.  it doesn't mean that you shouldn't take time to do the things that make YOU happy.  it just means that by choosing to have kids you are taking on a responsibility that is bigger than you.  You are not the number one priority. your child is now your number one priority.  A lot of parents in this day and age forget that.  if you don't agree with me then in my opinion you should not have kids.  and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that either.  i think that is where society has placed undue pressure on people.  There is this notion that everyone HAS to have kids.  i disagree.

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2009, 01:01:07 PM »
well im 44 and my dad is absolutly my best friend and is the absolute best person i actually know!!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2009, 01:13:06 PM »

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2009, 01:18:52 PM »

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2009, 02:58:25 PM »
you may not agree with his post but there is a lot of truth in it.  its not a truth that many people care to hear.  if you are going to have kids this IS the mentality you need to have.  it doesn't mean that you shouldn't take time to do the things that make YOU happy.  it just means that by choosing to have kids you are taking on a responsibility that is bigger than you.  You are not the number one priority. your child is now your number one priority.  A lot of parents in this day and age forget that.  if you don't agree with me then in my opinion you should not have kids.  and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that either.  i think that is where society has placed undue pressure on people.  There is this notion that everyone HAS to have kids.  i disagree.

No I totally agree with you, but what he was saying is that in order to be an adult you have to have a family, have kids etc etc to be considered an adult, which I think is totally false.

TEAM Nasser

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2009, 03:08:01 PM »
No I totally agree with you, but what he was saying is that in order to be an adult you have to have a family, have kids etc etc to be considered an adult, which I think is totally false.

I agree and "bears" is right, too many people having kids only because everybody else is hence the bad parenting

E
E

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2009, 03:32:33 PM »
Is that the truth or a lie?

Discuss
mars has a bitch pregnant thats why he's asking

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2009, 08:23:18 PM »
http://www.nokidding.net/ - the site for the childfree!
Almost always, yes.

Adam11

« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2009, 08:38:53 PM »
mars has a bitch pregnant thats why he's asking

Agreed.