Author Topic: Avoiding family on thanksgiving  (Read 4851 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Avoiding family on thanksgiving
« on: November 26, 2009, 02:54:18 PM »
Ok, so all of us dread family on this holiday and do whatever we can to avoid them.  What are your reason's for not wanting to spend time with your family? 

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: Avoiding family on thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 02:55:53 PM »
Ok, so all of us dread family on this holiday and do whatever we can to avoid them.  What are your reason's for not wanting to spend time with your family? 

read the G and O forum the last year- that will explain why i don't really want to see my family ( and vice versa)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 02:58:02 PM »
read the G and O forum the last year- that will explain why i don't really want to see my family ( and vice versa)
Yess JNN, we all know you have lots of issues with your family.  Are things still the same? 

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 02:59:41 PM »
Yess JNN, we all know you have lots of issues with your family.  Are things still the same? 

see, our problem is that we have a difference in Religion

I think i'm a God and they don't

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 03:03:35 PM »

Speak for yourself!

io856

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 03:05:04 PM »
Speak for yourself!
you can't have a family! haha

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 03:05:38 PM »
Speak for yourself!
Ha Ha, Bay likes his family!   :D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 03:07:24 PM »
Hmm. Non-issue. Reason why booze is so popular during the holidays...which leads to other issues.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 03:12:06 PM »

Classic! May I use that? In fact, can I just have carte blanche to plagiarize all of your material both past and future.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 03:21:53 PM »
Classic! May I use that? In fact, can I just have carte blanche to plagiarize all of your material both past and future.
That was old when Shecky Greene first said it.    ;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 03:24:05 PM »
I'm with you calf got caught in the same ole shit again this year, we really need some standard lies to go by

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 03:27:42 PM »

LMFAO! ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 03:29:40 PM »
That was old when Shecky Greene first said it.    ;)

Well, well. Seems like I'm not the only plagiarizer on this board. I always suspected that JJN's stuff was just too good to all come from him. But it works well for him. It's not like we Getbiggers are an especially informed and well read crowd.  

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 04:59:29 PM »
Well, well. Seems like I'm not the only plagiarizer on this board. I always suspected that JJN's stuff was just too good to all come from him. But it works well for him. It's not like we Getbiggers are an especially informed and well read crowd.  

Actually, the religion line I stole from Artie Lange.

However, all my other material is mine

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 05:27:56 PM »
Most of my relatives here are not immediate family and come from my mother's side and they're all from the Philippines. And the rest are friends and relatives of my cousin's wife and they're from Laos. I don't really have a whole lot in common with them. I just smile and nod as they marvel at how tall I seem to them. I constantly duck out of the living room to go to my uncle's home office and surf the net. It's only 3:30 PM here and we don't eat until 5. The crew from Lao always keeps turning off the a/c because they like the room hot. Can't they just bring a sweater? I'm already in shorts. There's not much you can do when it's hot.

To tell you the truth I just want to go home. Last Thanksgiving I actually made an excuse not to come and spent the day at the beach. But it's raining today and I can't ditch them twice in a row.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 05:34:15 PM »
It's funny. There's always this brief awkward moment when I return to the festivities. As soon as I appear in the doorway all eyes turn to me as if wondering why I keep leaving the room. I just smile and say, "How's everything going?" Then I find a place to sit and fidget for a while. I set the ringer on my cell this time so I acted like I had a call and had to leave the room.

OK, another hour and fifteen minutes to kill until we eat then try to figure out a way to make a graceful exit. 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 05:38:23 PM »
It's funny. There's always this brief awkward moment when I return to the festivities. As soon as I appear in the doorway all eyes turn to me as if wondering why I keep leaving the room. I just smile and say, "How's everything going?" Then I find a place to sit and fidget for a while. I set the ringer on my cell this time so I acted like I had a call and had to leave the room.

OK, another hour and fifteen minutes to kill until we eat then try to figure out a way to make a graceful exit. 
tell them you have a date to see a movie

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 05:45:38 PM »
tell them you have a date to see a movie

They would feel insulted that I would make a date on Thanksgiving. I usually have one of my brothers and his wife to commiserate with but he went to the mainland to spend Thanksgiving with his wife's family. So it's just me and I'm so out of place here. God, I can hear them asking about me right now in the other room. "Hey, where's Pellius? I think he's in the bathroom. Is he OK"?

It's only going to make it ever the more awkward when I reappear. Come on, God, where's the typhoon when we need one?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 05:58:14 PM »

You should just leave for a while then return with some BS item like a pie, soap, or beverage of some kind and say you went out to get that and had a hard time finding it or the line was real long. 

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 06:00:46 PM »

loser. 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 06:02:38 PM »
loser. 
Yet those of us who hate our families seem to be the majority. 

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 06:05:17 PM »
I have this one, I think uncle, who is over 75. He's a bit of a grump, as I guess we will all be when we hit 75, and he sits at the main table (the one I studiously avoid). He looks at me then laboriously and painfully rises from his chair and makes his way towards me. (Dear God, no!)

"So what happened to your face?" referring to the minute shiner I have over my right eye.
"Oh, I got bumped in the face," I reply, avoiding eye contact.
"What do you mean bumped? How do you bump your face?"
"I was horsing around and took a head butt?"
"Head butt? How? From one of the kids?"
"No, I still do that Jiu-Jitsu thing every now and then?"
"What? What Jew-Jew? What are you talking about?"
"It's kind of like Judo and Wrestling."
"What? You do that with other men? Why do you do stuff like that? Stop it."
"Yah, you're probably right?"
"What's wrong with you? You still exercise?"
"Can't you tell?" as I kind of do a most muscular in an attempt at humor.
"What? What are you talking about?" he replies with this angry frustrated look on his face.

Dear God, please strike with a coma for the next five hours. I don't really like turkey that much.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 06:07:16 PM »
I have this one, I think uncle, who is over 75. He's a bit of a grump, as I guess we will all be when we hit 75, and he sits at the main table (the one I studiously avoid). He looks at me then laboriously and painfully rises from his chair and makes his way towards me. (Dear God, no!)

"So what happened to your face?" referring to the minute shiner I have over my right eye.
"Oh, I got bumped in the face," I reply, avoiding eye contact.
"What do you mean bumped? How do you bump your face?"
"I was horsing around and took a head butt?"
"Head butt? How? From one of the kids?"
"No, I still do that Jiu-Jitsu thing every now and then?"
"What? What Jew-Jew? What are you talking about?"
"It's kind of like Judo and Wrestling."
"What? You do that with other men? Why do you do stuff like that? Stop it."
"Yah, you're probably right?"
"What's wrong with you? You still exercise?"
"Can't you tell?" as I kind of do a most muscular in an attempt at humor.
"What? What are you talking about?" he replies with this angry frustrated look on his face.

Dear God, please strike with a coma for the next five hours. I don't really like turkey that much.

does your uncle ever talk about how men today are spoiled cuz women nowadays shave their bushes?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 06:10:32 PM »
You should just leave for a while then return with some BS item like a pie, soap, or beverage of some kind and say you went out to get that and had a hard time finding it or the line was real long. 

Believe me. I have been pleading all day if anybody needs anything? Ice? Chips? More beer? Anything and I will get it.

"Oh no! No need to leave. We have everything right here. We have enough food and drinks to last for weeks."

My Lord, my God, why have you forsaken me?

Oh no, more people are coming in and speaking that grating Southeast Asian language that always sounds like they're arguing. Do I remain hidden or do I suck it up and show some manners and greet them?

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2009, 06:10:42 PM »
Yet those of us who hate our families seem to be the majority. 

Either your family is bad.. and you don’t want to see them.. Or you are bad… and they do not want to see you.  

It’s a lose either way.

Or you’re a selfish little fuck that would rather satisfy your own desires then participate in a family get together that would mean the world to your family members.

Family is a valuable, special thing to have.. You’re lucky if you have family that loves you.  

You should bite the bullet and give them some face time.