Author Topic: Twice a day cardio  (Read 9896 times)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: Twice a day cardio
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2009, 06:56:32 AM »
Oh brother, the fact that you even try to flame others is remarkable!  I saw that picture of you that Adonis posted several months back with a gut, 11" arms and saggy tits lol.  I have to give you props though, it takes balls to keep your account after that.

this is all true, but i'm also not cross eyed and don't beat my wife, which nasser can't claim.  the only thing sadder than nasser is those who worship him.  now , why don't you go put on your "team nasser" beanie and go jerk off to photos of him from 1995.
Deep Tissue Massage

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2009, 07:04:11 AM »
Twice a day is unnncessary, not because of overtraining but because of calories.
Just stick to 30 minutes and eat less

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2009, 08:54:59 AM »
Why would want to do more training that is needed at the risk of overtraining? Just to eat more calories? Cardio doesnt build muscle.

running does build muscle dude
A

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2009, 08:56:39 AM »
this is all true, but i'm also not cross eyed and don't beat my wife, which nasser can't claim.  the only thing sadder than nasser is those who worship him.  now , why don't you go put on your "team nasser" beanie and go jerk off to photos of him from 1995.

plz post that mentioned pic of you here again,.. i really need to laugh, plz..

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2009, 09:00:29 AM »
when you do cardio twice a day you will gain muscle and lose fat at the same time

however this takes superior time out of your day to accomplish

step away from the crack pipe johnny.
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2009, 09:02:44 AM »
plz bobs if it's possible post that pic. here so we can all have some fun laughing at that asshole ;D

x2

Cardio is definately more beneficial than colorie restriciton. When cutting down your calories you're slowing down your metabolism more and more, and finally you get into the muscle wasting mode being too low on calories.

Keeping the calories high and getting into a deficit by doing cardio is definately the better way as you keep  your metabolic rate high.

But honestly, having a regular job, how should 2 cardio sessions a day be practicable...? ::)

i agree completely.
175lbs by 31st July

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2009, 09:19:53 AM »
why does running not build muscle while weightlifting magically does? you guys arent making sense
A

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2009, 09:22:56 AM »
Look at a marathon runner's legs compared to a sprinter's legs. That will give you an answer as to what kind of muscle "running" builds.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2009, 09:27:02 AM »
Look at a marathon runner's legs compared to a sprinter's legs. That will give you an answer as to what kind of muscle "running" builds.

there could be a number of factors

1 marathon running may be the only physical activity that marathon runner does, thus he will be skinny
2 many marathon runners already start out at twink size to begin with and they stay constantly deprived in calories thus they stay small
3 many marathon runners arent running that hard

you take a dude thats already 200 pounds lets say skinny fat , you get him to run alot and eat alot he will gain good amounts of muscle or change his body composition for the better

A

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2009, 09:28:31 AM »
why does running not build muscle while weightlifting magically does? you guys arent making sense

running may build muscle in calves, thighs, hams and glutes while on higher than maintenance calories - it may also help spare these muscles during reduced calories,  but it is extremely catabolic to your upper body on maintenance calories and especially on reduced calories.

its also a fact that long distance runners lose something like 20-40% of muscle mass during a marathon.
175lbs by 31st July

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2009, 09:42:30 AM »
running may build muscle in calves, thighs, hams and glutes while on higher than maintenance calories - it may also help spare these muscles during reduced calories,  but it is extremely catabolic to your upper body on maintenance calories and especially on reduced calories.

its also a fact that long distance runners lose something like 20-40% of muscle mass after a marathon.

wrong on many accounts

many times runners gain muscle after long runs this has been documented many times i think Dean Navarak comes to mind , your just regurgitating myth and lazy boy excuses

your upper body will only be as catabolic as to how little you train it, the less you train the more catabolic

every anabolic state is followed by catabolic they are polar opposites , some stay constantly catabolic or 5 days catabolic and one day anabolic and undernourished and just simply give up on acitivty or just workout once every four days

some train 4 times a day they may be catabolic at 4 periods in the day but they will also be anabolic 4 or 5 times a day
A

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2009, 10:11:04 AM »
wrong on many accounts

many times runners gain muscle after long runs this has been documented many times i think Dean Navarak comes to mind , your just regurgitating myth and lazy boy excuses

your upper body will only be as catabolic as to how little you train it, the less you train the more catabolic

every anabolic state is followed by catabolic they are polar opposites , some stay constantly catabolic or 5 days catabolic and one day anabolic and undernourished and just simply give up on acitivty or just workout once every four days

some train 4 times a day they may be catabolic at 4 periods in the day but they will also be anabolic 4 or 5 times a day

20-40% may be wrong as it was a long timeago that i read about it, but please explain how one would increase biceps or triceps from running ?
175lbs by 31st July

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2009, 10:16:29 AM »
any type of exercise where you can do more than 20-30 reps before failing, is not going to spur any muscle growth (as in an increase in size), and if the energy requirements for that exercise exceed the available energy in the body and there isnt sufficient protien to convert into energy,m then that exercise will cause muscle loss.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2009, 10:19:23 AM »
Johnny you do have good genetics.some can get away with it.

You do understand that catabolic means to break down and anabolic is to build up?

A natural trainer with average genetics (most of the world) doing two cardio sessions a day with intense weight training will leave there body depleted and stringy looking , eg no recovery.you leave your body in a state that it cannot recover especialy on a diet that is used to cut..add drugs and this changes some.

not necessarily, dfepends on diet. with high carb intake they could remain full.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2009, 10:20:13 AM »
this is all true, but i'm also not cross eyed and don't beat my wife, which nasser can't claim.  the only thing sadder than nasser is those who worship him.  now , why don't you go put on your "team nasser" beanie and go jerk off to photos of him from 1995.

Whatever you think of his eyes hasn't stopped him from getting many women over the years, and he has never been convicted of spousal abuse, are you suggesting that anyone who gets accused by an emotional woman of some wrongdoing must be guilty  ::)

I almost feel putting you down about your physique because it is soo easy, but you keep asking for it by flaming others on here who are clearly better than you.  95% of getbiggers look better than you, and instead of working on your frustrations by improving your physique you try to attack others instead.  Hey, if that makes you feel better about your pathetic self then maybe I should be nice to you and not interfere ;)

plz post that mentioned pic of you here again,.. i really need to laugh, plz..

Oh man, it was so pathetic looking that I refused to save it on my hard drive, I honestly felt sorry for him when I saw it. 

Isn't it ironic that the biggest shit-talkers are usually the ones with the worst physiques?  I don't believe this is just accidental, has to surface from their insecurity issues.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2009, 10:23:01 AM »

Concurrent resistance and endurance training influence basal metabolic rate in nondieting individuals
Brett A. Dolezal and Jeffrey A. Potteiger

please click any enjoy the owning that shows muscle loss on the endurance program after 10 weeks compared to the resistance program http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content-nw/full/85/2/695/T2

thanks for playing johnny.  :-*

full text here : http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/reprint/85/2/695

there are more, but its a pain looking for them.

though a mix of the 2 seems best for fat loss and muscle gain  8)
175lbs by 31st July

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2009, 10:24:47 AM »

Aerobically fueled type 1 fibres are much less prone to hypertrophy than glycogen powered type 2s.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2009, 10:38:41 AM »
running does build muscle dude
Agreed Johnny but only to a certain extent resistance has to be added sometime...

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2009, 01:31:38 PM »
Falcon making lots of sense in this thread. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2009, 02:23:07 PM »
20-40% may be wrong as it was a long timeago that i read about it, but please explain how one would increase biceps or triceps from running ?

where did i say your biceps and triceps grow from running?

however your arms will be in a more 'untrained' state after running wich is slightly catabolic untill you do arms after running then they may become catabolic/anabolic until you feed

however legs will be ready to soak up nutients, catabolic but soon to be anabolic as soon as you feed
A

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2009, 02:26:50 PM »
Does jerking off twice a day count as cardio ???

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2009, 02:30:18 PM »
Agreed Johnny but only to a certain extent resistance has to be added sometime...

think about it the resistance is comparable to a leg extension or squat, especially if your strides are powerful and brisk and that pounding on each leg is alot of weight bearing down on the leg also the shock effect

most people run and stop run and stop, in otherwords your legs fail just like they do in an excersice set then you walk then begin again and a brisk pace till you tax your legs then just repeat

only the tiny twinks and soccor moms jog at a redicouslouly slow pace and short stride wich may only pump up calves at the most but wont do shit for legs
A

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2009, 02:37:46 PM »
where did i say your biceps and triceps grow from running?

however your arms will be in a more 'untrained' state after running wich is slightly catabolic untill you do arms after running then they may become catabolic/anabolic until you feed

however legs will be ready to soak up nutients, catabolic but soon to be anabolic as soon as you feed

you said

when you do cardio twice a day you will gain muscle and lose fat at the same time
a very blanket statement.

you didn't mention arms - so most people would assume you mean whole body muscle rather than just legs - as i pointed out earlier.

do you agree that running wil only improve legs muscle wise, and could very well reduce thesize of arms etc?
175lbs by 31st July

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2009, 02:40:42 PM »
During contest prep Nasser used to usually do cardio 2x a day (with weights once a day) about 5 days a week.  Sessions would usually be one hour in the morning and then 30-60 minutes in the evening after weights

In the offseason he recommends 3-4x a week of cardio for 30-45 minutes

But he wont say a thing about the TONS of drugs he uses.....USELESS INFO !   FUCK NASSER !!!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2009, 02:43:44 PM »
think about it the resistance is comparable to a leg extension or squat, especially if your strides are powerful and brisk and that pounding on each leg is alot of weight bearing down on the leg also the shock effect

most people run and stop run and stop, in otherwords your legs fail just like they do in an excersice set then you walk then begin again and a brisk pace till you tax your legs then just repeat

only the tiny twinks and soccor moms jog at a redicouslouly slow pace and short stride wich may only pump up calves at the most but wont do shit for legs
Agreed, but you are talking of sprints it seems. Check out sprinters versus marathon runners. For you Falcon with good leg genetics sprinting may work for a average guy without the genetis it may increase his thighs for awhile but he will need resistance to go further with size. Myself included I can take up a sprint regimen and it will take me only to a certain point I dont have great leg genetics. So in summary most need more than sprints to develop the legs to potential.