Author Topic: a little help needed on wats wrong with my training.  (Read 1606 times)

enerlevel

• Getbig II
a little help needed on wats wrong with my training.
« on: November 28, 2009, 04:14:26 AM »
ok first of all , i am 5'.9" .being 80kgs. i consider myself  fit but have problems with my lower belly , sides and a thick skin.
i gym 6 days a week (1 bod part a day") and since 1 month been jogging/walking for about 40 mins everyday after gym.

now the problem.
there is 0 weight loss nor an increase in my weight. my arms , shoulders and chest do show some improvment but m low belly is still the same and my skin is still thick!! what wrong am i doing here??

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: a little help needed on wats wrong with my training.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 04:35:37 AM »
List your actual workout and current diet please!

enerlevel

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 05:14:02 AM »
my diet mainly consists of chicken meat, vegetables, rice , bread and once a week junk (pizza , burgers etc).  no soda , beer nothing.
workout are heavy weights
monday chest
tuesday shouders
wed legs
thursday wings
friday bycepts
sat tricepts

all  have about 15 sets in total and 40 mins work out. been training  since 4 years natural so am not really new to this but recently (1 month) have started jogging because of thislower belly and thick skin problem.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »
An important question might be; how old are you? The metabolism will slow as we age, producing extra body fat, that thickness that was referred to. . First signs are usually around the lower belly and hip area. Cardio is good, but what kind of cardio  may make a difference. Running 30-45 minutes , every day, is no insurance that body fat will be lost. Check out some marathon, and half marathon, runners and you may notice thick skin and weight around the ab's. Skinny fat is not foreign to some of them. Tri athletes seem in better shape.

Might consider doing a search on interval training, where short burst of effort followed by brief rest periods, may draw your interest. You do not have to be stuck with running only for superior cario endurance and fat loss. Interval training can gear up the metabolism very well and can be used twice to three times weekly. Can work in well with any BB'ing scheme.

Perhaps a little adjustment in a lower carb range could help also. Try hitting 100 to 150 grams of carbs daily and see what happens. Some athletes hold to 40-60 grams a day, for a short period, while keeping the good quality cal's up to the 3000 (or more) daily. Can break the pattern of lower carbs a bit on the weekends with pizza, in-n-outs, fruits/vegies, etc. Good Luck

Side Bar: I, myself, would never suggest  having a arm's only work out day. More of a lat/bicep or chest/triceps thing. But if it works for you, than great.
F

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 11:42:52 AM »
Also,how many meals per day ?

Actual exercises used would help too??

First thing to do is count up calories,then create a calorie deficit........no weight loss = too many cals or not enough calories being burned.

I would train with moderate weight,30 seconds rest between sets,put biceps and triceps together on same day,use Sat. for an hour of cardio,and the main method of cardio I would use would be brisk walking on an inclined treadmill after training.

Also,how much protein per day and how many carbs per day.......this should be pretty uniform and structured so you know how much to add or subtract to start seeing results/progress.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 11:52:29 AM »
I think short bouts of sprinting a couple times a week is amazing for fat loss combined with bodybuilding.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 09:05:09 PM »
ok first of all , i am 5'.9" .being 80kgs. i consider myself  fit but have problems with my lower belly , sides and a thick skin.
i gym 6 days a week (1 bod part a day") and since 1 month been jogging/walking for about 40 mins everyday after gym.

now the problem.
there is 0 weight loss nor an increase in my weight. my arms , shoulders and chest do show some improvment but m low belly is still the same and my skin is still thick!! what wrong am i doing here??

uhh what are you trying to accomplish? if fat loss..dont expect to see much or any muscle growth at the same time (as a natural). so focus on losing fat first.

>> if your weight is stable you need to lower the calories. without a caloric deficit you aint losing no fat. count calories.

and don't workout 6 days a week, 3-4 days a week is plenty and try to lift heavy so you keep your muscle . as for cardio: dont overdo it..specially not running. if your main goal is to look good nude..i would recommend you to limit your cardio to fast walks to be on the safe side (wont impact recovery as much as running ).

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 09:54:32 PM »
ok first of all , i am 5'.9" .being 80kgs. i consider myself  fit but have problems with my lower belly , sides and a thick skin.

now the problem.

I'll ask you the same question that everyone should ask but doesn't.....WHAT IS YOUR GOAL??

enerlevel

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 03:46:58 AM »
my goal or question is how  to make my skin thinner?? and how to reduce the lower bell fat.  i had been at one  stage 72kgs , then went up to 88kgs and now i am stable at 80kg for a pretty long time. but in all stages , my skin was alwaz thick (no viens nothing). it could be genetic as well (chinese u know ;) ) but there has to  be  a way to make it thinner. plus the lower belly has alwaz been there these two things are stuck to me and arnt going :S. apart form  tht  all bodyprogress is good arms been up from 12" to 17.5"   and chest from 34" to 46"  will be taking some snaps  so its easier to judge

enerlevel

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 04:20:05 AM »
here some pics

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 04:29:06 AM »
You look pretty good......the answer to your problems in a nutshell:

Meal 1:
9 eggwhites + 1 whole egg  scrambled in non-fat cooking spray
1 cup of oatmeal ( no milk,use artificial sweetener)
16 oz. water

Meal 2:
1 can water packed tuna
1 baked potato (butter spray)
lg. salad with vinegar and olive oil dressing
16 oz. water

Meal 3:
6 whole eggs
16 oz. water

Meal 4:
6-8 oz. skinless chicken breast
1 cup brown rice
1 cup green beans
g. salad with vinegar and olive oil dressing
16 oz. water

Meal 5:
1 can water packed tuna
1 baked potato (butter spray)
16 oz. water

Meal 6:
1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
1 cup vegies
16 oz. water

Cycle your carbs by doing 3 low days followed by two high days,and drink as much water as possible between meals.

The above is just a sample,bodyweight and activity levels come into play but it`ll get you ripped to shreds.

Some tweaking will be needed as time goes on.