Author Topic: RX Muscle going to have a magazine?  (Read 3562 times)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
RX Muscle going to have a magazine?
« on: November 28, 2009, 11:15:33 AM »
I was talking to Dave Palumbo and John Romano last weekend at Nationals.

They both told me they are getting very close to having there own magazine published.The already got some good sponsors, GAT, ARLI, just to name a few. They told me they are probably going to put Robert Burneika on the first cover of there magazine.

Dave likes Robert, thinks he will make a great pro, in the near future. I hope RX muscle does come out with a magazine, because MD sucks, yes it 400 pages, but 350 of them are advertisements. Plus what Steve did to Dave and John was just wrong.

Flew Wheeler is working All American EFX,and Shawn Ray was running Vi0-Tech, now he is with Genr8. They are aren't getting fired for running or working for other companies. Dave and John did alot for Steve, and they both got burned. I think our industry needs a good magazine, like the old MD. If RX Muscle will hit the shelves it would be awesome.

Dave Palumbo's knowledge is beyond anybody else, and John is a great writer, and tells it like it is.

spinnis

Re: RX Muscle, The Magazine
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 11:17:47 AM »
it would probably blow away MD.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 11:20:20 AM »
So market research indicates it will do well with 13-17yo bicurious males?

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 11:20:43 AM »
MattC some moderator put that in there I put bodybuilding.com, and they replaced it with ilovespam.com.
Who is the moderator who did this?????????????????

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 11:21:07 AM »
I had heard them say on their radio show that they consider print media basically dead already and will not go into that.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 11:23:04 AM »
MattC some moderator put that in there I put ilovespam.com, and they replaced it with ilovespam.com.

???

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 11:28:20 AM »
MattC some moderator put that in there I put bodybuilding.com, and they replaced it with ilovespam.com.

Not sure.  I don't have mod privileges and I'm not sure who would do that.  I just noticed my website mirror link I posted above is offline.

Ron, please let me have my signature back.  I'd give anything.  :'(

PS - is there really any money in print ads anymore?  It costs MD $5,000 per full page ad, although MuscleTech probably pays $18,000 for the six page ad reports.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 11:30:08 AM »
who buys these magazines anyway, after one or two you've read them all

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 11:53:39 AM »
who buys these magazines anyway, after one or two you've read them all

I buy them just to keep up to date with the industry and see what supplements are currently hot.  I pick up Muscular Development and MUSCLEMAG every month.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 11:57:21 AM »
They both told me they are getting very close to having there own magazine published.The already got some good sponsors, GAT,ARLI,, just to name a few.They told me they are probably going to put Robert Burneika on the first cover of there magazine.
Dave likes Robert, thinks he will make a great pro, in the near future.
I hope RX muscle does come out with a magazine, because MD sucks, yes it 400 pages, but 350 of them are advertisements.
Plus what Steve did to Dave and John was just wrong.
Flew Wheeler is working All American EFX,and Shawn Ray was running Vi0-Tech, now he is with Genr8.They are aren't getting fired for running or working for other companies.Dave and John did alot for Steve, and they both got burned.I think our industry needs a good magazine, like the old MD.
If RX Muscle will hit the shelves it would be awesome.
Dave Palumbo's knowledge is beyond anybody else, and John is a great writer, and tells it like it is.

RX Muscle, the magazine being relaunched???? 

Well, lets just hope Dave sticks to selling legal supplements.  If anyone recalls, he was convicted of selling growth hormone through his magazine...or at least fake growth hormone.  He will need a lot more sponsors to be successful
A

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 11:57:40 AM »
I buy them just to keep up to date with the industry and see what supplements are currently hot.  I pick up Muscular Development and MUSCLEMAG every month.

But isn't that information available online anyway?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 11:58:22 AM »
Not sure.  I don't have mod privileges and I'm not sure who would do that.  I just noticed my website mirror link I posted above is offline.

Ron, please let me have my signature back.  I'd give anything.  :'(

PS - is there really any money in print ads anymore?  It costs MD $5,000 per full page ad, although MuscleTech probably pays $18,000 for the six page ad reports.

Its actually 10,000 for a full page ad.  However its only 500 for a little coupon size ad in the back of the mag.
A

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 11:58:37 AM »
They both told me they are getting very close to having there own magazine published.The already got some good sponsors, GAT,ARLI,, just to name a few.They told me they are probably going to put Robert Burneika on the first cover of there magazine.
I hope RX muscle does come out with a magazine, because MD sucks, yes it 400 pages, but 350 of them are advertisements.
Flew Wheeler is working All American EFX,and Shawn Ray was running Vi0-Tech, now he is with Genr8.They are aren't getting fired for running or working for other companies.Dave and John did alot for Steve, and they both got burned.I think our industry needs a good magazine, like the old MD.
                 don't waste your money buy the back issues.
F

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 12:38:02 PM »
So market research indicates it will do well with 13-17yo bicurious males?
hahaha  ;D

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 12:46:59 PM »
But isn't that information available online anyway?

Yes, more or less.  It is convenient to have a portable magazine to flip through though.

Its actually 10,000 for a full page ad.  However its only 500 for a little coupon size ad in the back of the mag.

Did you put an ad in MD for your site?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 01:57:54 PM »

Here is what The Beef wants to know. Who would buy it? The Beef is not being disrespectful, The Beef digs Dave, however when The Beef goes to RX Muscle, The Beef never sees anyone. IF you look at the " viewing " numbers they seldom go over 100 and at tops ( during their excellent contest coverage ) the viewing numbers top 500.

Dave said on HMR they are in the top 250,000 sites on the web, but The Beef does not see it.

Can someone explain how they could have traffic as large as they claim?

The Beef

trustnoone

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Yum Yum!
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 02:09:13 PM »
My god already!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 02:18:45 PM »
The already got some good sponsors, GAT,ARLI,, just to name a few.

if GAT (the same company endorsed by Derek Anthony) tops your list of "good sponsors", then you and this magazine have issues

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 04:33:29 PM »

Here is what The Beef wants to know. Who would buy it? The Beef is not being disrespectful, The Beef digs Dave, however when The Beef goes to RX Muscle, The Beef never sees anyone. IF you look at the " viewing " numbers they seldom go over 100 and at tops ( during their excellent contest coverage ) the viewing numbers top 500.

Dave said on HMR they are in the top 250,000 sites on the web, but The Beef does not see it.

Can someone explain how they could have traffic as large as they claim?

The Beef

I frankly do not see any money in bodybuilding magazines at all or even any print media for that matter.  Of course that is oversimplified, but I really don't know why they would create a magazine - perhaps they are willing to break even creating one just to advertise the Species Nutrition line.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 05:39:05 PM »
MattCs website has alot of viewing people yet only a few members online. 1000 bots

ether

• Getbig IV
Re: RX Muscle going to have a magazine?
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 06:04:36 PM »
If they do make one, i'm sure it will be better than MD.

If you eliminate all of the adds the 400 page magazine would be little more than a pamphlet.

Of course they would have to work really hard to come up with amazing articles and titles that rival:
- Brewer Blasts legs
- Branch Bombs shoulders
- Blechman blows his load!

Good luck to Rx the more competition the better.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 07:15:59 PM »
 dave already had a magine call rx muscle.. i subscribed to it for a while.. great read.. very hardcore ect..

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 07:21:57 PM »

They both told me they are getting very close to having there own magazine published.The already got some good sponsors, GAT, ARLI, just to name a few. They told me they are probably going to put Robert Burneika on the first cover of there magazine.

Dave likes Robert, thinks he will make a great pro, in the near future. I hope RX muscle does come out with a magazine, because MD sucks, yes it 400 pages, but 350 of them are advertisements. Plus what Steve did to Dave and John was just wrong.

Flew Wheeler is working All American EFX,and Shawn Ray was running Vi0-Tech, now he is with Genr8. They are aren't getting fired for running or working for other companies. Dave and John did alot for Steve, and they both got burned. I think our industry needs a good magazine, like the old MD. If RX Muscle will hit the shelves it would be awesome.

It's official - you're just stupid.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 07:24:59 PM »
These guys think they are famous, there radio show threads get like 500 views. You'd get more views adding SEX TO A TITLE OF Your YOUTUBE VIDEO.