Author Topic: I got pulled over today (Seattle police shooting)  (Read 4228 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: I got pulled over today (Seattle police shooting)
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2009, 09:36:00 PM »
Its not when the cops start acting out of line that you have to worry its when the courts stop following the law and reprimanding the cops.

ALWAYS DO WHAT THE COPS SAYYYYY!!!!!!!, a lot of ppl on here like to post stories of cops shooting ppl, when the person wasnt listening to the cop or intentionally disobeying them.

Do what they say and KNOW YOUR RIGHTS if they do something wrong you bring it up after the fact...plain and simple.

240 acted smart be polite and cooperative being a dick head could have made a 90 min pain in the ass a couple hour pain in the ass.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2009, 09:50:07 PM »
Its not when the cops start acting out of line that you have to worry its when the courts stop following the law and reprimanding the cops.

ALWAYS DO WHAT THE COPS SAYYYYY!!!!!!!, a lot of ppl on here like to post stories of cops shooting ppl, when the person wasnt listening to the cop or intentionally disobeying them.

Do what they say and KNOW YOUR RIGHTS if they do something wrong you bring it up after the fact...plain and simple.

240 acted smart be polite and cooperative being a dick head could have made a 90 min pain in the ass a couple hour pain in the ass.

you're right, the only question is if 240 or others this happens to wish to make an issue of it later and I think it's ok to do that.  I don't think anyone wanted to see 240 confront the cops and get shot.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: I got pulled over today
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 10:05:57 PM »
Nuh Uh...Not according to BF, TA, and whatzhisface that just got shipped the fuck off to Iraq. According to them everything is FINE!!!!

Aww, boo hoo. He was detained for 15 minutes while they ran his information BECAUSE 4 officers were just executed in cold blood. Now that they have a reminder of something like that being a possiblity I fully expect them to do their job to the utmost of their ability for a few weeks while the incident is fresh in their head. I reckon a number of cops get lackadaisical with regards to proper procedure during lulls. An event like this probably makes every cop reevaluate their priorities and play it close to the chest for a while.

You're not even American so what's it to you anyway, gimmick?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 10:06:57 PM »
you're right, the only question is if 240 or others this happens to wish to make an issue of it later and I think it's ok to do that.  I don't think anyone wanted to see 240 confront the cops and get shot.
not at all, I would like to make him read palins book until he admits he is a lib though  ;D

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 10:21:37 PM »
Police state alert. Orwell was on to something.
As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2009, 12:00:16 AM »
yeah, his eyes did turn to dinner platters when I calmly said "yeah, I have the gun in my pocket".

ROTFLOL! I can imagine!

I could have made a stink, but I didn't.  I know what a thankless job being a cop can be.  I know they all wanna get home to their families, and every stop can be that one nutbag.

Plus, physically, that cop was smaller and weaker than me.  If he had reached for my weapon and I had decided to make a move, I probably would have been able to hurt the guy.  he was polite, apologetic, and he said we could do it outside and blelow window level so my son didn't see.

That's the problem when you're bigger. you are threatening & intimidating without meaning to be. As a small woman, if I'm pissed off and happen to raise my voice as a result, it's often understood that I'm simply letting off steam. Someone who is larger who does the same thing discovered they are often misunderstood. Those same actions aren't perceived as someone letting off steam, ...but rather as someone who is physically intimidating. And when the person being intimidated is one with a gun and the authority to use it... you could end up very dead.

They had a shitty job to do, but they did it with professionalism and courtesy.    Like jag said, misunderstandings do happen, and I was sure careful to move slow.  Four of their fmaily were iced in cold blood last night.  They're on their toes.

That's the key tho isn't it? Police officers can garner soooo much co-operation and lee-way, with the public, as long as they conduct themselves with professionalism and courtesy. Unfortunately so many are walking around so scared poop-less, they perceive courtesy as a sign of weakness... and see all members of the public as enemies who must be subdued... residents of an occupied city or county who must be subservient and compliant.
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 01:30:43 AM »
I'm LMFAO @ how 240 is so pussywhipped that he has no problem with police officers using force and detaining him - even though he's not even suspected of a crime.

As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2009, 02:33:45 AM »
I'm LMFAO @ how 240 is so pussywhipped that he has no problem with police officers using force and detaining him - even though he's not even suspected of a crime

dude, proper time to make an issue of it is after it's done.  240's kids losing their father over standing up against the police state, yea, not worth it.  Make a complaint of it after the fact.  Now if he didn't have a gun and they were detaining him with no cause, then he could probably get away with standing his ground some.  But it's not worth getting shot over.  240 did the right thing in this case even if they were wrong.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2009, 03:50:10 AM »
the worst part was when they forced me to sit on the curb for 15 minutes while they read excerpts from palin's book.

I'd have rather experienced a rodney king beating, to be honest!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2009, 04:00:06 AM »
yeah, we had just woken up from a nap.  I'm unshaven, hair a little messy, drinking a protein shake and grinning in the middle of the day, and a kid in the vehicle.  Gun in pocket.  I wasn't exactly wearing a tie and driving a toyota thru rush hour.  

I'm sure by whatever list of factors they have for profiling, I was ticking on a few points of suspicion that they use when determining who to run and who to ignore.  

"I'm LMFAO @ how 240 is so pussywhipped that he has no problem with police officers using force and detaining him - even though he's not even suspected of a crime."

hedge- How would you have reacted differently when the cop said "I would like to place you in handcuffs, for both of our protection, while I take your weapon."?   They never put their hands on me - using force.  Just the cuffs, and they were off once my paperwork was run.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2009, 04:41:02 AM »
the worst part was when they forced me to sit on the curb for 15 minutes while they read excerpts from palin's book.

I'd have rather experienced a rodney king beating, to be honest!

Which parts did they read 240? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2009, 04:46:53 AM »
"Which parts did they read 240?"

I dunno, the part about how the streets will be paved with the blood of the non-believing libs.  I think it was actually lifted from her 2008 RNC acceptance speech though.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2009, 04:58:16 AM »
lol... none of this actually happened did it?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2009, 05:26:31 AM »
it really happened.  the Palin addition didn't, of course.  But they were very critical of obama once they saw the permit.  and of course, the huck talk was there, once they brought up seattle shooting.

and yeah, being in handcuffs is one uncomfortable feeling.  I don't know if i've felt that helpless in all my life :(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2009, 08:56:40 AM »
another potential factor in the handcuffs, although the police didn't mention it.

yesterday there was a kidnapped child in my city - the boy was a blond 3-year old just like mine, grabbed by his father.  Maybe I looked like the guy they were seeking?

http://www.news-press.com/article/200912010752/NEWS01/91201013

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2009, 12:18:29 PM »
240, I just think you were shafted. No way you should have to accept it.
I think you handled the situation VERY well. But it's your reaction afterwards that makes me wonder. Seems like you've been brainwashed into thinking that police officers should be able to do whatever they want.
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2009, 12:34:55 PM »
of course i was shafted.

I would like to hear what other getbiggers woudl have done instead, or afterwards.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2009, 12:57:21 PM »
of course i was shafted.

I would like to hear what other getbiggers woudl have done instead, or afterwards.

you already know...Maybe an arm bar to one of the cops while the other guy gets a Guillotine to the throat

duhhhh

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2009, 12:57:57 PM »
you already know...Maybe an arm bar to one of the cops while the other guy gets a Guillotine to the throat

duhhhh

240 probably could have pulled off a collar choke. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2009, 01:29:03 PM »
hahahahahhahahaha  the second cop on the scene was probably 210.  I didn't want to wrassle with him.

the first guy was 160.  I'm 185-190 and definitely towered over him.

If I had been wearing a tapout shirt, it may have been an option. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 01:44:02 PM »
hahahahahhahahaha  the second cop on the scene was probably 210.  I didn't want to wrassle with him.

the first guy was 160.  I'm 185-190 and definitely towered over him.

If I had been wearing a tapout shirt, it may have been an option. 

lol...funny

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 02:29:31 PM »
of course i was shafted.

Did you really get shafted, though? They were looking for a missing three year old that fit the description of your son and you were also carrying a weapon. I'm wondering how they could have handled it better than they did? By not cuffing you while they ran your information and risk getting shot had you possibly kidnapped the kid?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 03:59:34 PM »
well, I was handcuffed having done nothing wrong.  I didn't like it.  Was uncomfortable, in front of a busy road, etc.  i know I handled it right - but I was curious if the politically shifted minds here had any alternatives to my actions.

But in retrospect, seeing as there was a near-identical blonde boy in the area, and I'm a disshelved aggressive male packing heat in the middle of the day... plus 1 day after the police shooting... they did the right thing.  Just an imperfect situation, imperfect world.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2009, 09:30:54 PM »
240, I just think you were shafted. No way you should have to accept it.
I think you handled the situation VERY well. But it's your reaction afterwards that makes me wonder. Seems like you've been brainwashed into thinking that police officers should be able to do whatever they want.
Thats not what anybody is saying hedge.

First of all the police did nothing wrong here, they didnt place 240 in handcuffs against his will while being innocent.

They asked and explained why they felt it necessary and 240 being the smart guy he is(enjoy that 240 your still a dumb ass as far as this board goes) complied with them.

they didnt act egregious in anyway and didnt break the law...

please explain to me why you think their acts where so heinous?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2009, 10:39:03 PM »
They put a guy in handcuffs for no reason. Apparently made it uncomfortable for him too.
Since 240 complied you would expect them to let him sit in the police car or on a nearby bench or whatever.
Or at the very least- not with the handcuffs tight as hell.

My point is 240 got on his back for these guys. You'd expect them to show some appreciation and cut him some slack.
I'm sure these pigs enjoyed how 240 had to stay nice to them when in handcuffs or things could get ugly.
As empty as paradise