Author Topic: Roy Jones just got knocked out  (Read 9745 times)

the_swami

• Getbig IV
Re: Roy Jones just got knocked out
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2009, 04:16:27 PM »
roy jones + all time great and @ one time the best P4P without question

age robbed him of his speed and reflexes, exposing a suspect temple

same hot to the temple saw Glenroy johnson KO jones

Danny green = limited boxer with average punching power
mundine boxed his ears off and hopkins will school green also

great win for green, albeit over a washed up jones

Clancy

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2009, 04:20:09 PM »
You all talk like Jones never got payed dude is worth a fortune.Who cares still one of the best ever.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2009, 05:04:38 PM »
average punching Power? Yeah 25 knock outs is average in 30 fights. He has a jaw made of steel also, never been knocked out. Infact nobody has really hurt him, mundine evaded him won on points, should of beat beyer first time, 2nd time lost on points.

I have watched many fights. Americans have poor defence.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2009, 06:28:39 PM »
Ricky Randall,Stephan Johnson,Ron Amundsen,David McCluskey,Joe Edens,Billy Mitchem,Knox Brown,Ron Johnson,Tony Waddles,Rollin Williams,Reggie Miller,Ricky Stackhouse,Eddie Evans,Kevin Daigle,Lester Yarbrough,Jorge Vaca,ArtSerwano,Jorge Castro,Glenn Thomas,Percy Harris,Glenn Wolfe,Thulani Malinga,Fermin Chirino,Danny Garcia,Thomas Tate,Antoine Byrd,Vinny Pazienza,Tony Thornton,Merqui Sosa,Eric Lucas,Bryant Brannon,Mike McCallum :-\,Montell Griffin ,Virgil Hill :-\;Lou Del Valle,Otis Grant,Richard Frazier,Reggie Johnson,David Telesco,Richard Hall,Eric Harding,Derrick Harmon, Julio César González,Clinton Woods, Prince Badi, Ajamu,Anthony Hanshaw ,Omar Sheika....

there you go theres a list of bullshit there......few ok ones nothing special....

heres the decent fighter he fought most of which he lost to.....

Bernard Hopkins in 1993 way b 4 bernard became the fighter we know....james tony roy won a decision....antonio tarver roy lost 2 out of the 3 fights.....glen johnson roy lost by KO.felix trinidad won a decision which was in 2008 way after felix was relevant....joe calzaghe roy lost to by decision...jeff lacy roy won.....do you really consider john ruiz a great fighter?

wow great resume ::)
DAWG

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2009, 07:20:46 PM »
Most of these fighters were world champions at the time he fought them or they were former world champions. Back in the day Roy Jones jr. was da man.
Don't let em fool ya

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2009, 08:21:06 PM »
Ricky Randall,Stephan Johnson,Ron Amundsen,David McCluskey,Joe Edens,Billy Mitchem,Knox Brown,Ron Johnson,Tony Waddles,Rollin Williams,Reggie Miller,Ricky Stackhouse,Eddie Evans,Kevin Daigle,Lester Yarbrough,Jorge Vaca,ArtSerwano,Jorge Castro,Glenn Thomas,Percy Harris,Glenn Wolfe,Thulani Malinga,Fermin Chirino,Danny Garcia,Thomas Tate,Antoine Byrd,Vinny Pazienza,Tony Thornton,Merqui Sosa,Eric Lucas,Bryant Brannon,Mike McCallum :-\,Montell Griffin ,Virgil Hill :-\;Lou Del Valle,Otis Grant,Richard Frazier,Reggie Johnson,David Telesco,Richard Hall,Eric Harding,Derrick Harmon, Julio César González,Clinton Woods, Prince Badi, Ajamu,Anthony Hanshaw ,Omar Sheika....

there you go theres a list of bullshit there......few ok ones nothing special....

Bernard Hopkins in 1993 way b 4 bernard became the fighter we know....james tony roy won a decision....antonio tarver roy lost 2 out of the 3 fights.....glen johnson roy lost by KO.felix trinidad won a decision which was in 2008 way after felix was relevant....joe calzaghe roy lost to by decision...jeff lacy roy won.....do you really consider john ruiz a great fighter?

You're a douche and know nothing about boxing if you don't think RJJ was the best pound4Pound in his prime.  He fought who was out there at the time. all of the big name fighter were lightweights and welters at the time, and the were in no rush to come up in weight to get knocked out by jones.  Roy was nothing like Mayweather he would fight anyone, no one wanted any part of him.

Tarver was the beginning of the end for Jones, he fell FAST. It's funny you have an "excuse" for every name guy that he beat but he doesn't get the same courtesy when he lost to inferior fighters at the end of his run. No one stays on top forever.

Hypocrite.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2009, 02:50:27 AM »

Lol, at the fact you consider Jeff Lacy a "decent" fighter, but have McCallum and Hill in your "bullshit" list. You could argue that Gonzalez, Woods and Sheika deserve to be included amongst what you consider "decent", rather than Lacy.

You should stick to men in pants "grappling", mate.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2009, 05:18:38 AM »
Like I said a few were OK...but defiantly not great....other great fighters had other greats to go against....

I think alot of people with an untrained eye got caught up in Roy's tricks and antics.....Its like a person that goes and watches the Harlem glob trotters or the And 1 players....they see all these flashy moves & tricks and say wow these guys are great....But if they played a NBA team they would get demolished....Same with Roy if he tried that hands behind the back shit & many other of his childish antics against legit top level compition he would get demolished....

I think you guys are also jumping the gun a bit of what I'm saying....I never posted that he wasn't good...I simply posted that he was overrated....which most boxing experts agree with me on....Most casual fans on here are saying he was the best ever or would have him in there top five....alot of boxing historians have him in the mid teens as far as all time rank.....which as I said is good....but makes him overrated in comparison to were the casual fan(that are easily impressed by circus tricks) rank him.....
DAWG

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2009, 06:45:00 AM »

...and what does this mean?

I can pull the list on every single fighter in boxing history and say the same. No prize fighter ever has fought even close to 10-15% of their career against "great" challengers period. Matter of fact over 75% of all boxers careers are against tomato cans....all of them.

and I can promise you there were guys at light heavy that roy cleaned out that would take guys who you "think" are/were great to the wire and beat them. Most notably was the constant talk in the 90's about roy ducking the undefeated champ from over seas fighter Darius Michalczewski who was supposed to be his greatest challenge that everybody said he (roy) was ducking. All roy said was he needs to bring his a$$ to the us and he'd murder him like all the rest.

.......Well this guy by the name of richard hall (who roy destroyed) went over to europe and took him to the wire in wars then this other nobody roy destroyed julio ceaser gonzalez beat him.....again...this guy made top contenders look like clowns no matter who they were.

and you obviously don't know boxing if you think McCallum and Hill were bums...lol c'mon man.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2009, 06:53:44 AM »
I've just been looking at Archie Moore's record and out of 220 fights I only recognise about 20 of his opponents.

Overrated bum.

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2009, 07:09:33 AM »
I've just been looking at Archie Moore's record and out of 220 fights I only recognise about 20 of his opponents.

Overrated bum.
you are gay ... since when gayz follow boxing ?

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2009, 07:13:35 AM »
you are gay ... since when gayz follow boxing ?

Fuck off, you boring gypsy cunt.

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2009, 07:14:44 AM »
Fuck off, you boring gypsy cunt.
haha

I own your mind you feeble bum fairy

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2009, 07:17:36 AM »
haha

I own your mind you feeble bum fairy

Yep, you got me there, shit-for-brains.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2009, 07:20:09 AM »
....Like I said most casual fans have roy in there top 5-10...which is highly overrated....

50 Greatest Boxers of All-Time

In 2007, ESPN.com listed their 50 greatest boxers of all-time. The goal was not an 'all-time, mythical pound-for-pound ranking' but rather an assessment based on four criteria:
In-ring Performance
Achievements
Dominance
Mainstream Appeal

Check out the complete list below. It will come as no surprise who is at the top of the list. If you accept that Sugar Ray Robinson belongs in the top slot (or even if you don't), who do you think belongs at number two?

Note: This list was compiled in 2007. At that time, Manny Pacquiao had not yet fought - and beaten - Marco Antonio Barrera, Juan Manual Marquez (rematch), David Diaz, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto. If the list was compiled today, Pacman would surely crack the top 50. The interesting question is just how high would he rank among the all-time greats?

What do you think of the list? What would you change? Who was left off? Who doesn't belong?

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Henry Armstrong
4. Joe Louis
5. Willie Pep
6. Roberto Duran
7. Benny Leonard
8. Jack Johnson
9. Jack Dempsey
10. Sam Langford
11. Joe Gans
12. Sugar Ray Leonard
13. Harry Greb
14. Rocky Marciano
15. Jimmy Wilde
16. Gene Tunney
17. Mickey Walker
19. Stanley Ketchel
20. George Foreman
21. Tony Canzoneri
22. Barney Ross
23. Jimmy McLarnin
24. Julio Cesar Chavez
25. Marcel Cerdan
26. Joe Frazier
27. Ezzard Charles
18. Archie Moore
28. Jake LaMotta
29. Sandy Saddler
30. Terry McGovern
31. Billy Conn
32. Jose Napoles
33. Ruben Olivares
34. Emile Griffith
35. Marvin Hagler
36. Eder Jofre
37. Thomas Hearns
38. Larry Holmes
39. Oscar De La Hoya
40. Evander Holyfield
41. Ted "Kid" Lewis
42. Alexis Arguello
43. Marco Antonio Barrera
44. Pernell Whitaker
45. Carlos Monzon
46. Roy Jones Jr.
47. Bernard Hopkins
48. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
49. Erik Morales
50. Mike Tyson
DAWG

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2009, 07:23:42 AM »
Yep, you got me there, I have shit-for-brains.
fixed

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2009, 07:25:59 AM »
You still haven't figured out how to use the embed youtube function.

lol, spastic.

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2009, 07:26:34 AM »
....Like I said most casual fans have roy in there top 5-10...which is highly overrated....

In 2007, ESPN.com listed their 50 greatest boxers of all-time. The goal was not an 'all-time, mythical pound-for-pound ranking' but rather an assessment based on four criteria:
In-ring Performance
Achievements
Dominance
Mainstream Appeal

Check out the complete list below. It will come as no surprise who is at the top of the list. If you accept that Sugar Ray Robinson belongs in the top slot (or even if you don't), who do you think belongs at number two?

Note: This list was compiled in 2007. At that time, Manny Pacquiao had not yet fought - and beaten - Marco Antonio Barrera, Juan Manual Marquez (rematch), David Diaz, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto. If the list was compiled today, Pacman would surely crack the top 50. The interesting question is just how high would he rank among the all-time greats?

What do you think of the list? What would you change? Who was left off? Who doesn't belong?

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Henry Armstrong
4. Joe Louis
5. Willie Pep
6. Roberto Duran
7. Benny Leonard
8. Jack Johnson
9. Jack Dempsey
10. Sam Langford
11. Joe Gans
12. Sugar Ray Leonard
13. Harry Greb
14. Rocky Marciano
15. Jimmy Wilde
16. Gene Tunney
17. Mickey Walker
19. Stanley Ketchel
20. George Foreman
21. Tony Canzoneri
22. Barney Ross
23. Jimmy McLarnin
24. Julio Cesar Chavez
25. Marcel Cerdan
26. Joe Frazier
27. Ezzard Charles
18. Archie Moore
28. Jake LaMotta
29. Sandy Saddler
30. Terry McGovern
31. Billy Conn
32. Jose Napoles
33. Ruben Olivares
34. Emile Griffith
35. Marvin Hagler
36. Eder Jofre
37. Thomas Hearns
38. Larry Holmes
39. Oscar De La Hoya
40. Evander Holyfield
41. Ted "Kid" Lewis
42. Alexis Arguello
44. Pernell Whitaker
45. Carlos Monzon
46. Roy Jones Jr.
47. Bernard Hopkins
48. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
49. Erik Morales
50. Mike Tyson

49. Erik Morales
50. Mike Tyson  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2009, 07:28:16 AM »
You still haven't figured out how to use the embed youtube function.

lol, spastic.
wow...not only u gay u smart as well

what a combo lol

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2009, 07:29:53 AM »

In-ring Performance
Achievements
Dominance
Mainstream Appeal

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Henry Armstrong
4. Joe Louis
5. Willie Pep
6. Roberto Duran
7. Benny Leonard
8. Jack Johnson
9. Jack Dempsey
10. Sam Langford
11. Joe Gans
12. Sugar Ray Leonard
13. Harry Greb
14. Rocky Marciano
15. Jimmy Wilde
16. Gene Tunney
17. Mickey Walker
19. Stanley Ketchel
20. George Foreman
21. Tony Canzoneri
22. Barney Ross
23. Jimmy McLarnin
24. Julio Cesar Chavez
25. Marcel Cerdan
26. Joe Frazier
27. Ezzard Charles
18. Archie Moore
28. Jake LaMotta
29. Sandy Saddler
30. Terry McGovern
31. Billy Conn
32. Jose Napoles
33. Ruben Olivares
34. Emile Griffith
35. Marvin Hagler
36. Eder Jofre
37. Thomas Hearns
38. Larry Holmes
39. Oscar De La Hoya
40. Evander Holyfield
41. Ted "Kid" Lewis
42. Alexis Arguello
44. Pernell Whitaker
45. Carlos Monzon
46. Roy Jones Jr.
47. Bernard Hopkins
48. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
49. Erik Morales
50. Mike Tyson

Problem with these all time lists is that unless you are very old, it's unlikely that you have seen most of the fighters.

That being said, De la Hoya above Whitaker is a bit of a piss take.

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2009, 07:32:06 AM »
BY THEWAY PURPLE AKI WASANNNALLY ABUSED and had gay sex with his victims

great role model

you been bum fucked as a kid by any chance?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2009, 07:33:59 AM »
Marciano at 14 and he never lost a fight ::)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2009, 07:47:51 AM »
Problem with these all time lists is that unless you are very old, it's unlikely that you have seen most of the fighters.

That being said, De la Hoya above Whitaker is a bit of a piss take.

OK...heres ring magazine 80 best in the last 80 years....(note it was 2002 so some names will be omited  ofcourse)

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Henry Armstrong
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Joe Louis
5. Roberto Duran
6. Willie Pep
7. Harry Greb
8. Benny Leonard
9. Sugar Ray Leonard
10. Pernell Whitaker
11. Carlos Monzon
12. Rocky Marciano
13. Ezzard Charles
14. Archie Moore
15. Sandy Saddler
16. Jack Dempsey
17. Marvin Hagler
18. Julio Cesar Chavez
19. Eder Jofre
20. Alexis Arguello
21. Barney Ross
22. Evander Holyfield
23. Ike Williams
24. Salvador Sanchez
25. George Foreman
26. Kid Gavilian
27. Larry Holmes
28. Mickey Walker
29. Ruben Olivares
30. Gene Tunney
31. Dick Tiger
32. Fighting Harada
33. Emile Griffith
34. Tony Canzoneri
35. Aaron Pryor
36. Pascual Perez
37. Miguel Canto
38. Manuel Ortiz
39. Charley Burley
40. Carmen Basilio
41. Michael Spinks
42. Joe Frazier
43. Khaosai Galaxy
44. Roy Jones Jr.
45. Tiger Flowers
46. Panama Al Brown
47. Kid Chocolate
48. Joe Brown
49. Tommy Loughran
50. Bernard Hopkins
51. Felix Trinidad
52. Jake LaMotta
53. Lennox Lewis
54. Wilfredo Gomez
55. Bob Foster
56. Jose Napoles
57. Billy Conn
58. Jimmy McLarnin
59. Pancho Villa
60. Carlos Ortiz
61. Bob Montgomery
62. Freddie Miller
63. Benny Lynch
64. Beau Jack
65. Azumah Nelson
66. Eusebio Pedroza
67. Thomas Hearns
68. Wilfred Benitez
69. Antonio Cervantes
70. Ricardo Lopez
71. Sonny Liston
72. Mike Tyson
73. Vicente Saldivar
74. Gene Fullmer
75. Oscar De La Hoya
76. Carlos Zarate
77. Marcel Cerdan
78. Flash Elorde
79. Mike McCallum
80. Harold Johnson

Source: Ring Magazine (2002)
DAWG

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2009, 09:28:05 PM »
I share a name with someone who fought Roy in the 90's.   Reggie Johnson!!!!
((-::

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2009, 01:44:14 AM »
i find it hard to believe that duran ranks so highly...well above his contemporaries.

and frazier and foreman ahead of lewis.