Author Topic: WWE Wrestler Umaga Has Died  (Read 12754 times)

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
WWE Wrestler Umaga Has Died
« on: December 04, 2009, 05:39:39 PM »
On December 4, 2009, Edward "Eddie" Fatu was hospitalized after his wife found him not breathing with blood coming out of his nose. He was rushed to a local hospital in Houston, Texas and was admitted into the Intensive Care Unit. It was reported that Fatu had suffered a heart attack and was put on life support, until the decision was made to take him off of it. Fatu was presumed dead around 6:00 PM EST, after suffering a second heart attack; he was 36 years old.

Articles posted by Sports Illustrated, the New York Daily News, and The Washington Post during the weekend of August 30, 2007, named Fatu as one of a number of superstars to have purchased pharmaceuticals from an online pharmacy,a violation of the WWE "Talent Wellness" program. Fatu specifically was said to have received somatropin, a growth hormone, between July and December 2006, after the "No drugs from online sources" rule was instituted. Fatu violated this rule again in 2009 and due to his unwillingness to seek rehabilitation, was released from his WWE contract.

Fatu was born in American Samoa, a member of the famous Anoa'i wrestling family. His mother, Vera, was the sister of Afa and Sika of the Wild Samoans, and his later Umaga gimmick would be compared to their "wildness". His two older brothers, Sam (better known as Tonga Kid and Tama) and Solofa Jr. (better known as Rikishi), are also professional wrestlers who have achieved success of their own. Dwayne Johnson, known in wrestling as The Rock, is his cousin.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: WWE Wrestler Umaga Has Died
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 05:40:47 PM »
nooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo
w

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 05:42:01 PM »
Edward "Eddie" Fatu was hospitalized after his wife found him not breathing with blood coming out of his nose. He was rushed to a local hospital in Houston, Texas and was admitted into the Intensive Care Unit. It was reported that Fatu had suffered a heart attack and was put on life support, until the decision was made to take him off of it. Fatu was presumed dead around 6:00 PM EST, after suffering a second heart attack; he was 36 years old.

Articles posted by Sports Illustrated, the New York Daily News, and The Washington Post during the weekend of August 30, 2007, named Fatu as one of a number of superstars to have purchased pharmaceuticals from an online pharmacy,a violation of the WWE "Talent Wellness" program. Fatu specifically was said to have received somatropin, a growth hormone, between July and December 2006, after the "No drugs from online sources" rule was instituted. Fatu violated this rule again in 2009 and due to his unwillingness to seek rehabilitation, was released from his WWE contract.

Fatu was born in American Samoa, a member of the famous Anoa'i wrestling family. His mother, Vera, was the sister of Afa and Sika of the Wild Samoans, and his later Umaga gimmick would be compared to their "wildness". His two older brothers, Sam (better known as Tonga Kid and Tama) and Solofa Jr. (better known as Rikishi), are also professional wrestlers who have achieved success of their own. Dwayne Johnson, known in wrestling as The Rock, is his cousin.

Cue " Steroids caused it .." on CNN and FOX in 3, 2, 1 ...

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 05:43:01 PM »
That's Lee Priest.
No doubt about it...

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 05:43:38 PM »
Damn the amount of wrestlers dying young is getting a little silly now and all in their mid to late 30's of heart asscociated problems, just what the fuck is McMahon allowing them to get away with?

RIP umaga

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 05:43:57 PM »
R.I.P. :'(

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 05:47:18 PM »
Damn the amount of wrestlers dying young is getting a little silly now and all in their mid to late 30's of heart asscociated problems, just what the fuck is McMahon allowing them to get away with?

RIP umaga
oh brother. Vince told him to go to rehab (at his expense) 3 or 4 times and he refused. Their grown men, you can't force them.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 05:48:26 PM »
On December 4, 2009, Edward "Eddie" Fatu was hospitalized after his wife found him not breathing with blood coming out of his nose. He was rushed to a local hospital in Houston, Texas and was admitted into the Intensive Care Unit. It was reported that Fatu had suffered a heart attack and was put on life support, until the decision was made to take him off of it. Fatu was presumed dead around 6:00 PM EST, after suffering a second heart attack; he was 36 years old.

Wow just 36 that sucks P.I.P  :-\

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 06:28:52 PM »
Wow, I just saw him live at Hulk Hogan's show in Melbourne 2 weeks ago. He must have just got back. RIP

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 06:29:40 PM »
It's too bad.....the man was a legend.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »

Uh, why does any Samoan need growth hormone?

You're SAMOAN, dumbass...growing is what you people do! 

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 06:47:32 PM »
Uh, why does any Samoan need growth hormone?

You're SAMOAN, dumbass...growing is what you people do!  

He's a wrestler, so who knows what could have caused the hearth Attack...

I'm not anti ergogenic aids either...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 06:49:19 PM »
i'm so, so sorry.  x o

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 06:51:08 PM »
bloody nose? could have been a coke OD...

P.I.P

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 08:53:39 PM »
bloody nose? could have been a coke OD...

P.I.P

I thought the same thing.
And as already seen, some articles have mentioned Fatu as a violator of the fed's "Wellness Policy."

As with many wrestler deaths, it was very likely a result of several problems/conditions that lead to his passing.
But I guarantee that steroids will get the most mentioning from the press.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 09:10:57 PM »
Wrestlers dying very frequently at early ages, whats going on?

TK652

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 09:13:40 PM »
Somewhere there is a pile of pain killers...  Steroids is the media's easy out.  No one wants to admit that the same thing soccer moms trade could bring down a mastadon.  Must be the 'roids.

My best friend just died with similar symptoms (minus the bleading nose thing... you are right that sounds like coke - but that's one out of the dozens of wrestlers who have died young)

His only vice was the pain killers he got hooked on after a serious car accident.  He was 41.

Very sad.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 09:13:53 PM »

RIP umaga

Many factors. Most people don't realize just how tough wrestling is. They think of it as "fake", when it reality the injuries are all too real. These guys are out there, 3 to 4 days a week, taking chair shots, dropping on their backs, et cetera. That's like being in car crashes 3 times a week.

Then you add the party drugs, the uppers to perform, Anabolics, and downers to sleep.

I think what bothers me most, is how young these guys are. Many of the guys I grew up watching are gone. Now, even guys from this current era are leaving us..... :'(

RIP UMAGA
HAHA, RON.....

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 09:20:15 PM »
Many factors. Most people don't realize just how tough wrestling is. They think of it as "fake", when it reality the injuries are all too real. These guys are out there, 3 to 4 days a week, taking chair shots, dropping on their backs, et cetera. That's like being in car crashes 3 times a week.

Then you add the party drugs, the uppers to perform, Anabolics, and downers to sleep.

I think what bothers me most, is how young these guys are. Many of the guys I grew up watching are gone. Now, even guys from this current era are leaving us..... :'(

RIP UMAGA

yes, i heard this is why Brock lesnar and Venom Vince Versace left...they left before they had become a victim of that lifestyle..

The sport is brutal..It's as if you have to use steroids in order to be successful..in example John Cena...He clearly on GH, slin, etc..the guys got hands that are as big as Otis Thorpe of the rockets.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 09:26:41 PM »
another name on the list that just keeps getting bigger and bigger :-\

E
E

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 09:38:46 PM »
another name on the list that just keeps getting bigger and bigger :-\

E

This is unreal. Worst of all....it's almost expected now. It so common.  :'(
HAHA, RON.....

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 09:53:51 PM »

yes, i heard this is why Brock lesnar and Venom Vince Versace left...they left before they had become a victim of that lifestyle..

The sport is brutal..It's as if you have to use steroids in order to be successful..in example John Cena...He clearly on GH, slin, etc..the guys got hands that are as big as Otis Thorpe of the rockets.

Yup and Cena claims "natural status" ... cant blame him, but come on... He is stronger than Kevin Levrone now and although Kevin claims to be clean now, he was on roids for almost 20 years!!

-A DUB

wile e roadrunner

• Getbig II
  • Truth Detector
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 10:11:31 PM »
He looked so healthy with the gut and the hepatitis tattoos

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 10:34:38 PM »
Yup and Cena claims "natural status" ... cant blame him, but come on... He is stronger than Kevin Levrone now and although Kevin claims to be clean now, he was on roids for almost 20 years!!

-A DUB

R.I.P. Umaga

Much too young

Clancy

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 10:38:52 PM »
Never know when ya numbers up.Some people die young others well into their 90s you just never know, that's part of the fun of life.