Author Topic: Tim Tebow one of the most overrated qb's of all time but...  (Read 10515 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Tim Tebow one of the most overrated qb's of all time but...
« on: December 05, 2009, 07:12:25 PM »
Much respect for this young man, even with tears in his eyes his first reaction was to give respect to Alabama...

Ive said this man is overrated for months now he will not be a NFL qb but he has alot of heart and thats something I respect.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
Re: Tim Tebow one of the most overrated qb's of all time but...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 07:29:13 PM »
Yep, I hate the Gaytors and there Jorts, but Tebow is a good man, no doubt. You really can't hate the guy.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 09:53:16 AM »
How is he overrated. He helped lead Florida to two national titles and has some of the greatest statistics for a college qb. He'll end up playing the h in the NFL.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 10:03:38 AM »
How is he overrated. He helped lead Florida to two national titles and has some of the greatest statistics for a college qb. He'll end up playing the h in the NFL.

His style of play is not geared for NFL success, in my opinion. The speed of NFL defenses would eat him alive every time he tried to run with the ball.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 10:23:59 AM »
His style of play is not geared for NFL success, in my opinion. The speed of NFL defenses would eat him alive every time he tried to run with the ball.

Yep. And when he throws, you can go get some popcorn out of the microwave by the time he releases the ball, seriously slow release.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 10:28:25 AM »

He'll probably end up playing something like a H-back in the NFL, not QB. I can see him being like an Antonio Gates.

body88

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 10:29:07 AM »

Agreed, Tebow was a beast in the SEC, which houses the majority of future NFL players.  Tebow is a winner, and he will win in the NFL. Tebow will run a wildcat sub package or be a successful h-back or tight end in the NFL.  He's an athletic freak ,with superior drive and intelligence. His drive and intelligence will make up for his weaknesses. I can only hope the Pats get a chance to draft him in the third round.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 10:31:56 AM »
Tebow is one of the greatest college players in history....How is that overrated?...because he might not do good in the NFL?.....That doesnt = overrated....there two seperate things really....
DAWG

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 10:32:12 AM »
Agreed, Tebow was a beast in the SEC, which houses the majority of future NFL players.  Tebow is a winner, and he will win in the NFL.  Lmao at those calling him "slow"...lol.  Tebow will run a wildcat sub package or be a successful h-back or even a tight end.

I think the guy's drive and will to win are enough to ensure that he'll be successful. His work ethic is second to none and I'm sure he's more than willing to do what needs to be done to make him successful.

And you're right. He's spent four years dominating a conference that is littered with NFL caliber players on almost every team so I don't see why he would somehow take a step back to them at the next level.

body88

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 10:36:45 AM »
I think the guy's drive and will to win are enough to ensure that he'll be successful. His work ethic is second to none and I'm sure he's more than willing to do what needs to be done to make him successful.

And you're right. He's spent four years dominating a conference that is littered with NFL caliber players on almost every team so I don't see why he would somehow take a step back to them at the next level.

That's what separates the great players from the average players, imo.  We all know that everyone in the NFL has talent, but a lot of times the guys with slightly less talent work harder through watching film and hard work on the practice field.  Tebow is an athletic freak, and he has plenty of speed and power.  He'll be a good h-back or tight end.

As we've said several times, Tebow is a winner, period.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 01:12:48 PM »
I don't think he'll make a dent in the NFL at any position. Not hatin' but I don't think he has the goods. Tight end or H-back? Any game film out there showing his skills as a receiver?

body88

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 01:45:36 PM »
I don't think he'll make a dent in the NFL at any position. Not hatin' but I don't think he has the goods. Tight end or H-back? Any game film out there showing his skills as a receiver?

You don't see the success that Tebow has had in the SEC if you don't have "the goods".  Tebow has proven he is a very good runner, that's not even debatable. Tebow is a winner, he had a lot of athletic talent, coupled with intelligence and extreme drive.  He'll outwork those with more skills than him.  That said, lets not act like Tebow is not a top athlete, he is.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 02:01:55 PM »
You don't see the success that Tebow has had in the SEC if you don't have "the goods".  Tebow has proven he is a very good runner, that's not even debatable. Tebow is a winner, he had a lot of athletic talent, coupled with intelligence and extreme drive.  He'll outwork those with more skills than him.  That said, lets not act like Tebow is not a top athlete, he is.

Not disagreeing with you at all. He's a terrific athlete. But the NFL is the best of the best. And to compare the talent pool of the SEC vs. the NFL is not even close, IMO.

Hey...best of luck to the kid....he deserves the chance, no doubt. He'll be a 3-5 round pick and given every chance to earn his keep in the NFL. We'll see how he ends up.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 03:48:41 PM »
Tebow is one of the greatest college players in history....How is that overrated?...because he might not do good in the NFL?.....That doesnt = overrated....there two seperate things really....

QFT...

I think a good comparison is Tyler Hansbrough in basketball.  Both get the same treatment from the so-called experts.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 09:01:20 PM »
Yep. And when he throws, you can go get some popcorn out of the microwave by the time he releases the ball, seriously slow release.

I would have thought that Scott Loffeler would have fixed that problem.  ??? Scott worked with Chad Henne, Ryan Mallett, Matt Gutierrez, John Navarre and many more.
D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 09:34:09 PM »
perhaps I should have specified my mind works in the NFL as THATS WHERE COLLEGE PLAYERS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

LOL YOU DONT MAKE A CAREER OUT OF COLLEGE he is one of the best college qb's but he wont make a good half back he wont even make a good tight end in the NFL he is overrated as far as his prospects in the NFL go

still a good man non the less football or no football

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 06:14:37 AM »
I hope he does well.I like him as a player and he's seems to be one of the good guys off the field.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 08:26:06 AM »
I hope he does well.I like him as a player and he's seems to be one of the good guys off the field.

I agree.  It's funny how many media turds and fans I've heard laughing at him for crying after the game.....hey at least the guy cares.  Rather see that than some guy grab assin' on the sideline, laughing it up while his team is getting smoked.

body88

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 08:55:04 AM »
perhaps I should have specified my mind works in the NFL as THATS WHERE COLLEGE PLAYERS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

LOL YOU DONT MAKE A CAREER OUT OF COLLEGE he is one of the best college qb's but he wont make a good half back he wont even make a good tight end in the NFL he is overrated as far as his prospects in the NFL go

still a good man non the less football or no football

Why is he overrated?  Why won't he make a good halfback?  Why won't he make a good tight end?  I've seen guys with less talent than Tebow make NFL teams and turn into good players.

Tedy Bru is a great exmaple of this.  He played DE at Arizona and was one of the greatest sack aritists in the history of college football.  Everone said he was to small to play in the NFL, and he was drafted much later than he should have been.  That was until he was drafted, switched to an OLB and went on to become a very good NFL player for 10+ years.  Tedy was able to do this because of his extreme drive and heart, coupled with his athletic talents.  Tebow has the athletic ability to be a short yardage h-back or a tight end.  He can run a wildcat, also. 

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 02:47:06 PM »
Much respect for this young man, even with tears in his eyes his first reaction was to give respect to Alabama...

Ive said this man is overrated for months now he will not be a NFL qb but he has alot of heart and thats something I respect.
He's nowhere near overrated!  He's the real deal.  Fla lost proving they ARE human.   But  all respect to T2.   He is the best college player ever to date. I can say that and i am a USC fan!!!!  Related to Marcus Allen yet i still say T2 is the BET COLLEGE PLAYER EVER!!!!
((-::

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 02:58:02 PM »
Why is he overrated?  Why won't he make a good halfback?  Why won't he make a good tight end?  I've seen guys with less talent than Tebow make NFL teams and turn into good players.

Tedy Bru is a great exmaple of this.  He played DE at Arizona and was one of the greatest sack aritists in the history of college football.  Everone said he was to small to play in the NFL, and he was drafted much later than he should have been.  That was until he was drafted, switched to an OLB and went on to become a very good NFL player for 10+ years.  Tedy was able to do this because of his extreme drive and heart, coupled with his athletic talents.  Tebow has the athletic ability to be a short yardage h-back or a tight end.  He can run a wildcat, also. 
come on body tebow runs at a snails pace, he was a great college qb no doubt but when you have linemen running faster than he does  ::)

I think his best bet would be tight end or like you stated in some sort of wildcat offense

you pointing out the very rare exceptions to the rule dont do anything but bolster my arguement.

I sincerely hope he does make it like I said I have alot of respect for that young man and has miles of heart.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 03:01:44 PM »
He's nowhere near overrated!  He's the real deal.  Fla lost proving they ARE human.   But  all respect to T2.   He is the best college player ever to date. I can say that and i am a USC fan!!!!  Related to Marcus Allen yet i still say T2 is the BET COLLEGE PLAYER EVER!!!!
I agree he is a great college player, but again you dont make a career out of playing college

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 03:03:06 PM »
I see no reason he couldn't play FB, TE or h-back......I went to college with Brad Hoover of the Panthers.  Guy was a slow tailback in college, but productive and has carved out a pretty decent career.  And he doesn't have a 1/10 of the God-given physical abilities of Tebow.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 03:16:52 PM »
I see no reason he couldn't play FB, TE or h-back......I went to college with Brad Hoover of the Panthers.  Guy was a slow tailback in college, but productive and has carved out a pretty decent career.  And he doesn't have a 1/10 of the God-given physical abilities of Tebow.
who the fuck is brad hoover?  ;) my point exactly

Im not saying he wont go to the NFL or he doesnt have the capability of having a decent career but imho he wont experience 1/10th of the success he has in college.

Like I said I think his best bet is a tight end position he will have to adjust but he know what its like from the qb's side so I think he could make the shift. I dont see him being a clark, whitten, daniels, miller etc...but he does seem pretty smart and has alot of heart and drive so only time will tell.

body88

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 03:24:26 PM »
come on body tebow runs at a snails pace, he was a great college qb no doubt but when you have linemen running faster than he does  ::)

I think his best bet would be tight end or like you stated in some sort of wildcat offense

you pointing out the very rare exceptions to the rule dont do anything but bolster my arguement.

I sincerely hope he does make it like I said I have alot of respect for that young man and has miles of heart.

Tebow runs at a snails pace?  He's got explosion and vision, thats what you want in a "pounder type" running back.  Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 40.  I can find many more exceptions to your rule.  How many examples do I have to come up with before you stop dismissing them?  If Tebow is so slow and overrated why was he recruited like crazy by every major school on the planet?