Author Topic: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...  (Read 165717 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...
« Reply #200 on: February 06, 2010, 02:20:28 PM »
Flex stating an ' strong argument ' can be made for Dorian having the best back  ;D

In our March 2008 issue we ranked Dorian Yates’ back as the second best of all-time behind Ronnie Coleman’s, but we hedged our bet with the assertion that a strong argument can be made for Yates as number one.

http://www.flexonline.com/dorian_yates_back/training/211

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #201 on: February 06, 2010, 02:43:51 PM »
That's fair - they certainly pushed Dorian that year.    Here are some more pics I found of 94.

Also, here is a great MM comparison from 95, KL wins, but both look awesome.

kl does not win the shot. look how bunched and narrow his delts and chest are compared to Yates.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #202 on: February 06, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »
True, but he made some good points.

Sean is a bitter individual and is hated by most of his colleagues.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: February 06, 2010, 02:47:44 PM »
kl does not win thie shot. look how bunched and narrow his delts and chest are compared to Yates.

NO matter what pose it is the judges apply ALL the criteria even the most muscular you still have to have the most muscular bulk , you still have to have great balance & proportion , density & dryness , etc

This applies to every single pose while some guys have advantages in certain pose as a whole when everything is applied they lose the pose

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #204 on: February 06, 2010, 03:19:54 PM »
NO matter what pose it is the judges apply ALL the criteria even the most muscular you still have to have the most muscular bulk , you still have to blow Joe Weider, you still have to have great balance & proportion , density & dryness , etc

fixed. :-*
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: February 06, 2010, 03:24:16 PM »
fixed. :-*

Yes poor Ronnie imagine what he had to do all those years they carried him  :-X

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2010, 04:19:33 PM »
ah well, I'm off to the gym. I'll let ND and Mr.1derful continue posting in my absence. Who knows... maybe I'll compete in the next Mr. Getbig. I've put on a lot of size and worked on my weaknesses since Mr. Getbig 2. I would encourage ND to enter since he claims he's bigger than me but I know he'll just come up with an excuse to pussy out

what was the point of posting that quote?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #207 on: February 06, 2010, 04:55:28 PM »
Other than calves and back Kevin was better everywhere(thighs,hamstrings,delts,triceps,biceps and pecs).

save your strenghth ND never sees this point he thinks it's fair that the contest should be won on one bodypart.

Symetry Dorian loses
shape Dorian loses
arms legs chest shoulders Dorian loses
but because he has conditioning and a good back ND thinks Dorian should win even with one arm if that isn't bias then tell me what is   
choice is an illusion

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2010, 05:35:24 PM »
save your strenghth ND never sees this point he thinks it's fair that the contest should be won on one bodypart.

Symetry Dorian loses
shape Dorian loses
but because he has conditioning and a good back ND thinks Dorian should win even with one arm if that isn't bias then tell me what is   

If entertaining what you say is truth it should have been very easy to beat Dorian yet none did put some thought into that one and see what you come up with

surely a ' conditioning and a good back ' shouldn't be hard to beat especially from guys who have so much more to offer  ;D

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #209 on: February 06, 2010, 05:42:21 PM »
NO matter what pose it is the judges apply ALL the criteria even the most muscular you still have to have the most muscular bulk , you still have to have great balance & proportion , density & dryness , etc

This applies to every single pose while some guys have advantages in certain pose as a whole when everything is applied they lose the pose
You didn't mention(probably intentionally) symmetry,aesthetic shape,muscle separation and details,which are also parts of the criteria...
At the end of the day Shawn Ray had the most symmetrical,balanced,aesthetic,conditioned and shreded physique on that given day.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2010, 05:49:33 PM »
You didn't mention(probably intentionally) symmetry,aesthetic shape,muscle separation and details,which are also parts of the criteria...
At the end of the day Shawn Ray had the most symmetrical,balanced,aesthetic,conditioned and shreded physique on that given day.

You don't know the criteria which is why you just omitted parts of , and more proof you don't have a clue on what you're talking about balance is part is symmetry so you fluffed up Shawn's advantages over Dorian the same way you did with conditioning and ' shreded ' ( sic ) being shredded is part & parcel of conditioning and even entertaining what you did say is truth why did Shawn place second? and try it would the politics plea it will only confirm what I already suspect.

Go learn how contests are judged before you commit to a statement or you run the risk of being corrected and looking ignorant

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2010, 05:58:48 PM »
Another dead accurate post.

Let's see another pose of a fully flexed Kevin & Shawn and an unflexed Dorian with the commentary about how he's losing a pose he's not hitting yet  ;D
It's hard to know when Dorian is hitting the pose since he looks unflexed in many of the comparisons ;D
It looks that he actually was hitting the pose,but in a wrong way.His triceps looks tensed and it looks the same as in the second pic.Only his abs are not flexed,probably because he was breathing heavily at that moment(and for a good reason).
Here are 2 side triceps poses of Dorian from 97 where he he hits the pose in the same way...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2010, 06:01:18 PM »
It's hard to know when Dorian is hitting the pose since he looks unflexed in many of the comparisons ;D
It looks that he actually was hitting the pose,but in a wrong way.His triceps looks tensed and it looks the same as in the second pic.Only his abs are not flexed,probably because he was breathing heavily at that moment(and for a good reason).
Here are 2 side triceps poses of Dorian from 97 where he he hits the pose in the same way...

No it's not you're a gimmick looking to troll and I'll point out your ignorance until the novelty wears off , nothing new.  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2010, 06:08:01 PM »
 ;)

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2010, 06:12:18 PM »
You don't know the criteria which is why you just omitted parts of , and more proof you don't have a clue on what you're talking about balance is part is symmetry so you fluffed up Shawn's advantages over Dorian the same way you did with conditioning and ' shreded ' ( sic ) being shredded is part & parcel of conditioning and even entertaining what you did say is truth why did Shawn place second? and try it would the politics plea it will only confirm what I already suspect.

Go learn how contests are judged before you commit to a statement or you run the risk of being corrected and looking ignorant

In the judging criteria balance is used as synonymous of proportions,which is different than symmetry.Symmetry means equal development of muscularity on both right and left sides of the physique!

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2010, 06:14:30 PM »

Symetry Dorian loses
shape Dorian loses
It's bias of the highest level!

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2010, 06:16:42 PM »
No it's not you're a gimmick looking to troll and I'll point out your ignorance until the novelty wears off , nothing new.  ;)
...So are you telling me  he didn't hit the pose in my pics from 97?

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2010, 06:22:46 PM »

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »

Yates wins this pic. Most mass, dryness, detail. Ray is getting owned above waist.

Yates wins this pic - more mass and detail, looks wider. Levrone has better biceps. You can argue asthetics, but the mass and dryness of Dorian gives me the nod.

Dorian or Kevin here. Dorian overall looks more striated but that shot is close.

Dorian here. The chest is wider and striated, overall better proportioned. Levrone's delts overpower his chest.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2010, 06:27:11 PM »
;D

Dorians conditioning blows KL off the stage...Levrone looks soft there

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2010, 06:30:58 PM »
In the judging criteria balance is used as synonymous of proportions,which is different than symmetry.Symmetry means equal development of muscularity on both right and left sides of the physique!

WRONG symmetry is a broad term that includes balance & proportion and FYI nothing in nature is truly symmetrical and ever wonder how Dorian never lost a symmetry round despite nothing being the most ' symmetrical ' ?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2010, 06:32:06 PM »
...So are you telling me  he didn't hit the pose in my pics from 97?

I'm showing you him in a better light which you're not interested in doing because you're here to troll , but don't let me stop you

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2010, 06:33:20 PM »
It's bias of the highest level!

Bias towards the physique that best satisfies the criteria and it wasn't Kevin or Shawn

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2010, 06:38:19 PM »
LOL satisfies the criteria my ass..

sorry, but shawn met them a lot better than dorian did in 94..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »
ever wonder how Dorian never lost a symmetry round despite nothing being the most ' symmetrical ' ?

its called biased judging.

this has been common knowledge for years now.

unlike ronnie who actually looked good in the symmetry round, dorian was nothing special in this round.
Flower Boy Ran Away