Author Topic: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...  (Read 165684 times)

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2010, 08:27:38 AM »
many people feel ronnie carried his mass better than anyone.

the man won 8 Mr. O's. and an AC win.

neither of which dorian could ever do.

so there is something to be said for that. no one has had the size ronnie did while retaining great muscle shape and detail. and had a back to boot. :P

Yeah Ronnie carried his mass well when he was LIGHTER.  When he started getting heavier he looked like total ass.  Joe Weider was all over Ronnie's nuts just like you are. 

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2010, 10:16:09 AM »
look at that :o

in 97 shawn's conditioning blows the blob's right off the stage.
Hulkster you post the same shots of Dorian time and time again (when he isn't even hitting his pose) to try to back up your bullshit.  This is why you have zero credibility on here.  Sure, Shawn had a more streamlined midsection than Dorian in 97, but Dorian absolutely dwarfed him. 

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2010, 10:20:58 AM »

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2010, 10:22:09 AM »
Now you're cherry-picking even if entertaining what you say is true. Kevin & Shawn's calves are lacking from every angle , both are lacking lower insertions , the classic diamond shape and neither of their lower legs are in proportion with their quads. but you're willing to overlook that out of bias NOT how contests are judged

Quote Ironaman Jan 1995 former IFBB Judge Roger Schwab 1994 Mr Olympia

" Best Most Muscular - Yates. When he poses , everything explodes. "

" Best Chest - Yates and Levrone-torn pec and all. "

" Best Legs - Yates from top to bottom "

" Best Back - Yates. He has too much back to be compared. "

This is an IFBB dge directly commenting on the 1994 Mr Olympia , notice he said Yates has the best legs , which include , quads , hams and calves but I'm sure you know more than he does considering he was there and you weren't.  ;D

Thanks for posting this!Before I had some doubts,but now I don't-there a some biased judges in the judging panel.If that judge and others like him judged every year,no wonder why Dorian won in 97 with a perfect score.Shawn was right to ask for rotation of the judges every year.
So a small muscle group like calves is more important than a big one like quads?Kevin and Shawn had better quads and hams,but because Dorian's calves were better his legs were better from top to bottom?And the reasoning for that is that they had "better proportion".And who said his legs had the right proportions?It's a subjective opinion!Show me a written IFBB statement with the right proportions between thighs and calves in inches or centimetres!You can't,because it does not exist!I wonder if Dorian's legs were perfectly proportioned,how his calves would look like if he ever was able to build a thighs like Ronnie,Kai,Jay or Branch and to keep his "perfect" proportions at the same time...
It's interesting how according to Dorian's fans when he has an extremely developed group like back it does not overpower his weak upperarms and is a good thing,but when he has an underdeveloped group like quads it's again good for him,because it's in a good proportion with his calves and the others who had great quads were out of proportion.lol
Here are some shots showing dorians "best legs"and "best MM pose"...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2010, 10:24:21 AM »

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2010, 10:29:16 AM »
gee, maybe because every SINGLE shot from 94 and 97 confirms this?

duh.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

your embarassing yourself trying to refute reality.

::)
x2!
...By the way Dorian himself admitted,that he was holding water in 94!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2010, 10:35:59 AM »
It's interesting how according to Dorian's fans when he has an extremely developed group like back it does not overpower his weak upperarms and is a good thing,but when he has an underdeveloped group like quads it's again good for him,because it's in a good proportion with his calves and the others who had great quads were out of proportion.lol

well said.

the dorian fans have always looked the other way when assessing dorian's physique while gleefully pointing out the same flaws in others..

its sad, really.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2010, 10:38:31 AM »
Dorian did look awful when he was literally relaxed in 97; however, when he actually hits the front relaxed pose, he looked great.  Hulkster is too stupid to understand this and keeps claiming the former is the actual pose.

As for 94, Dorian was holding water in 94 - especially during prejudging.  Even when Dorian holds water though his conditioning is as good as Ray or KL.  

io856

« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2010, 10:39:18 AM »
Dorian wore his wedding ring onstage?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2010, 10:45:03 AM »
ND insisted dorian show his love for him.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2010, 10:45:31 AM »
well said.

the dorian fans have always looked the other way when assessing dorian's physique while gleefully pointing out the same flaws in others..

its sad, really.
I agree that his arms were too small for his torso in 97, but not so much his quads.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #261 on: February 07, 2010, 10:50:46 AM »

lmao

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #262 on: February 07, 2010, 10:52:01 AM »
Thanks for posting this!Before I had some doubts,but now I don't-there a some biased judges in the judging panel.If that judge and others like him judged every year,no wonder why Dorian won in 97 with a perfect score.Shawn was right to ask for rotation of the judges every year.
So a small muscle group like calves is more important than a big one like quads?Kevin and Shawn had better quads and hams,but because Dorian's calves were better his legs were better from top to bottom?And the reasoning for that is that they had "better proportion".And who said his legs had the right proportions?It's a subjective opinion!Show me a written IFBB statement with the right proportions between thighs and calves in inches or centimetres!You can't,because it does not exist!I wonder if Dorian's legs were perfectly proportioned,how his calves would look like if he ever was able to build a thighs like Ronnie,Kai,Jay or Branch and to keep his "perfect" proportions at the same time...

Biased you say that like it's a bad thing , yes the judges are biased for the physique that best fits the judging criteria. And Dorian could lose a few poses and still win with a perfect score because they judges toss out the high & low scores try learning how contests are judged and then you wont be scratching your head. And Shawn wanted a rotation of judges because be thought this would favor his physique style , in other words he wanted the rules to bend for him

No muscle group of more important than the other but you're harping on one whilst ignoring others once again NOT how it works. And I love how you just type Kevin & Shawn have better quads & hams and offer up NO explanation what so ever , they're better just because you typed they are lmao

The only '  problem '  with Dorian's quads was the separation of the rectus femoris his quads other than that were fine and his hamstrings were great they're thick and fully developed and overall Dorian's legs were better than Kevin & Shawn because he didn't have short legs like them and he had proportionate calves

And who said he has better proportion in his legs? I did how did I come to this conclusion? because Dorian's legs aren't short , his calves aren't high and lack proportion in relation to the quads , and his hamstrings are fully developed and in proportion with his quads , which you can tell when a competitor is in profile and the IFBB judge backs up my point which is why he claims Dorian had the best LEGS in 1994

Look no one is in perfect proportion ( well Steve Reeves was ) but Dorian has less flaws than his contemporaries , what you ignorantly forget what is judged is clavicle width , height , leg length , arm length torso length and the proportion between them all , back width , etc you can harp one Dorians biceps all you want and I can find flaws on Shawn & Kevin but when all is said and done , when everything is judged Dorian is the clear winner , density , dryness , muscular bulk , balance , proportion , posing , presentation , etc

And I love ignorant internet-fan-boys who sit at home on their computers telling the IFBB judges who were live and in person they're wrong and you are right LMFAO

Go learn how contests are judged and then come back I'll let you know if you learned anything.  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: February 07, 2010, 10:53:34 AM »

Hulkster is just pissed Dorian wont be his love muffin  :-X

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: February 07, 2010, 10:54:59 AM »
x2!
...By the way Dorian himself admitted,that he was holding water in 94!

Hahahaha where in your imagination?

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #265 on: February 07, 2010, 10:56:05 AM »
Here is a video I found of the 97 Mr. O.  The quality isn't great, but it is better to base our opinions on this rather than pics.  Dorian has a thickness and complete development from every angle that is unmatched.  If anything, however, a good case for KL winning exists.  IMO he was better than Nassser.  Ray looked great as always, but he is simply too small to beat KL, Nasser, or Dorian.  

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa0003_mr-olympia-1997_sport

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #266 on: February 07, 2010, 10:57:47 AM »
dorian yates..good back thats it
he gets beat everywhere else....
how can a mr o win the best body on the planet with one arm..
bullshit judging...
you cant argue with dorian fans ND etc totally biased and irrational..
no muscle roundness...
dorian had one of the worst phsyiques on stage
he just didnt look good... small arms..
the list goes on
shawn flex kevin dillet vince taylor coleman mike francios asll had better phsiques
doerian phsique look ugly and umbalanced
choice is an illusion

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: February 07, 2010, 10:58:15 AM »
Here is a video I found of the 97 Mr. O.  The quality isn't great, but it is better to base our opinions on this rather than pics.  Dorian has a thickness and complete development from every angle that is unmatched.  If anything, however, a good case for KL winning exists.  IMO he was better than Nassser.  Ray looked great as always, but he is simply too small to beat KL, Nasser, or Dorian.  

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa0003_mr-olympia-1997_sport

JohnnyTosh GetBig 12-20-07

Hulkster, I have one question for you? .... Were you there in Long Beach in 97?  Because I was.  AND I was there in 93 & 95 in Atlanta & 96 in Chicago.  It's been said a million times. Yates has a Thickness & density from every angle that had to be seen in person, and that NOBODY else had.

I think Milos is awesome. I would LOVE to have his body, but Yates smoked everybody in the totality of ALL poses.  From the side & from the back, yates crushed everybody.

Unless you were there, you cannot really say accurately.  BTW, Demilia gave me tickets right behind the judges every year.

Not flaming, but Yates reigned supreme.. YES. HIS GUT was sticking out in 97 & Nasser looked as good, or maybe a hair better from the front in 97, but when they turned to the side & rear, DORIAN ruled again.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: February 07, 2010, 11:02:17 AM »
bullshit judging...
no muscle roundness...
the list goes on
shawn flex kevin dillet vince taylor coleman mike francios asll had better phsiques

Yes bullshit judging Ronnie can win with two missing calves for eight years but the judging was spot-on then , spare us your bias and stupidity

Again if all he had was a good back and calves it would have been very easy to beat him and NO ONE could you still have no explanation for this

yes they all had a better physique than Dorian and the racist judges held them all back , any other excuses you want to offer up?

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #269 on: February 07, 2010, 11:03:08 AM »
bullshit judging...
no muscle roundness...
the list goes on
It's pretty hard to argue that a 6X Mr. O had only a good back.....lol, one of the worst physiques on stage  ::)  

Let's see Dorian wins: (1) front lat spread; (2) side tricep; (3) arguably side chest; (4) overhead abs; (5) rear lat spread; (6) rear dbl biceps; (7) side mandatory, rear mandatory, and arguably front mandatory (fr. relaxed); and, in addition to his great physique presentation, he has the best combination of size, thickness and conditioning.  Thanks for playing.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: February 07, 2010, 11:07:31 AM »
how can a mr o win the best body on the planet with two missing calves

Hahahahahahaha hypocrite the whole lot of ya

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: February 07, 2010, 11:11:10 AM »
It's pretty hard to argue that a 6X Mr. O had only a good back.....lol, one of the worst physiques on stage  ::)  

Let's see Dorian wins: (1) front lat spread; (2) side tricep; (3) arguably side chest; (4) overhead abs; (5) rear lat spread; (6) rear dbl biceps; (7) side mandatory, rear mandatory, and arguably front mandatory (fr. relaxed); and, in addition to his great physique presentation, he has the best combination of size, thickness and conditioning.  Thanks for playing.

That's what these dummies can't comprehend you can haggle over all the parts you want , it's poses that win contests and Dorian owns them all

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #272 on: February 07, 2010, 11:11:37 AM »

ugh, I already disproved the claim that Ronnie had two missing calves. They were the same size as Cutler's. So you're basically saying that Jay Cutler (who is known for his calves) was missing a pair too. Ronnie's looked small b/c they were situated under the largest thighs ever.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: February 07, 2010, 11:13:07 AM »

because calves have never been a main requisite
ND and royal... beinga fan is one thing been totally biased and blind and a fanby is another
dorian yates had an ugly phsique... he didnt have a better physique overall than any of the guys mentioned....
 im a realist i would never sit here and say ronnie had a better phsyiqe than flex.. even though im a ronnie fan
dorian big yes conditioned yes
good bodypats and flow hell no....
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: February 07, 2010, 11:15:51 AM »
That's what these dummies can't comprehend you can haggle over all the parts you want , it's poses that win contests and Dorian owns them all

i hope those pics werent to prove the pont that dorian had a good phsique..
because that waould be a fail..
ugly phsique no lines ... no genetically ROUND muscle..
just a guy who took loads of drugs and got really big and conditioned...
worst mr o in my opinion.. physique wise...
choice is an illusion