Author Topic: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...  (Read 165569 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...
« Reply #350 on: February 07, 2010, 08:44:38 PM »
 :-X

its truly sad how Peter let personal feelings cloud his judgement.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #351 on: February 07, 2010, 08:47:47 PM »
I mean, really.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #352 on: February 07, 2010, 08:48:55 PM »
^

LOL
Flower Boy Ran Away

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #353 on: February 07, 2010, 08:54:17 PM »
Lol, your hero, in his best shape ever, is getting matched or bettered by a 3 weeks out Dorian.  Do you not see how much fuller and thicker Dorian is there (of course you don't - actually you do, but you are too biased and desperate in your arguments to admit it)?  Granted, on contest day Dorian wasn't that thick, but he was at least as conditioned as Ronnie and about 10 lbs heavier.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #354 on: February 07, 2010, 09:01:11 PM »
LOL you think dorian is matching or besting ronnie in those shots?

LOL

::)

holy shit you guys are worse than I thought!

He is getting killed! his glutes/hams/delts/pecs etc are soft and detailess in comparison, his arms have awful shape (does he even train his left arm?), his quads are awful etc etc.

dorian is getting killed. from top to bottom.

and you think dorian is even coming close?

wow. just wow.

???
Flower Boy Ran Away

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #355 on: February 07, 2010, 09:02:50 PM »
Lol, your hero, in his best shape ever, is getting matched or bettered by a 3 weeks out Dorian.  Do you not see how much fuller and thicker Dorian is there (of course you don't - actually you do, but you are too biased and desperate in your arguments to admit it)?  Granted, on contest day Dorian wasn't that thick, but he was at least as conditioned as Ronnie and about 10 lbs heavier.
you must be blind
u Dorian fanboys are really something
choice is an illusion

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #356 on: February 07, 2010, 09:03:58 PM »
you must be blind
u Dorian fanboys are really something

dumb as they come, apparently.

I mean really. for people to know so little about physiques that they think dorian even approaches ronnie in those shots is, well, astounding.

astoundingly stupid.

congrats nuthuggers.. :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #357 on: February 07, 2010, 09:08:08 PM »
I see your stupidity has risen to another level (something I didn't think possible).  First, you are comparing Dorian weeks out from a contest, before he began cutting water - and yet he is still striated as hell.  Second, you are comparing black and white photos with color photos under perfect lights.  Third, if you can't see that Dorian is absolutely thicker and fuller than Ronnie in these shots, and just as complete, then I simply have nothing to say.  It's one thing to prefer Ronnie, but for fucksake do so with just a little credibility.

I mean Dorian is over 270 in these shots....Ronnie is under 250.  Are you seriously too stupid to understand this disparity in size difference?  You don't even have to answer that - of course you are!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: February 07, 2010, 09:17:45 PM »
Scale scale scale
the first two pics are near enough on the same scale and ronnie blows Dorian away
the othe pics are different scale and still Coleman wins don't make your passion for Dorian blind you sometimes I think eitehr you or nd is actually Dorian I've never seen such blind love in my life
ronnie prime or even off prime blows Dorian away I wouldn't even compare the two Dorian should be compare with other blocky bbers like fux and Nasser none has surpassed ronnie
ok Dorian had a good back
Arms garbage
legs nothing special
delts nothing special
chest nothing special
traps what traps

ronnie
arms greatest of all time in a recent workout with jay his right arm is still bigger and better than jays
back greatest of all time
legs among the greatest
delts among the best

legs among the greatest
choice is an illusion

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #359 on: February 07, 2010, 09:25:32 PM »
Scale scale scale
the first two pics are near enough on the same scale and ronnie blows Dorian away
the othe pics are different scale and still Coleman wins don't make your passion for Dorian blind you sometimes I think eitehr you or nd is actually Dorian I've never seen such blind love in my life
ronnie prime or even off prime blows Dorian away I wouldn't even compare the two Dorian should be compare with other blocky bbers like fux and Nasser none has surpassed ronnie
ok Dorian had a good back
Arms garbage
legs nothing special
delts nothing special
chest nothing special
traps what traps

ronnie
arms greatest of all time in a recent workout with jay his right arm is still bigger and better than jays
back greatest of all time
legs among the greatest
delts among the best

legs among the greatest

I love the hyprocisy here...not once have I bashed Ronnie on here - I have always stated that he was great and that he and Dorian would be neck in neck at their peaks.  Yet, you drag Dorian through the mud here and then jump aboard Ronnie's nuts.  You tell me who the biased one here is!!!

Yes, ND and I are the only ones who appreciate Dorian, and it's only becaue we are blind  ::)  He won 6 consecutive Mr.Os during arguably the most competitive era of bodybuilding.  Further, he is easily considered one of the top 3 Mr.Os ever.  Surely this must be because he was piss poor everywhere except his back as you claim, and only ND and I don't see this. Wow. Just wow.

If you think Dorian is lacking after watching this video then you are simply kidding yourself and everyone else on here.  I also posted the photoshoot of Ronnie that I believe shows him at his best level of conditioning (the 2001 Arnold).  Of course he is drier than Dorian because Dorian hadn't cut water yet where he was a few weeks out from the 93 Mr. O (are you following, or too stupid to understand?).  Yet it is a great comparison and both look incredible.  Of course you can't admit this with your Dorian-hate/Ronnie-love, but that doesnt really matter.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: February 07, 2010, 09:37:07 PM »
I don't hate Dorian at all I'm just calling it as I see it
question do you think if they did a poll right now within the bbing industry and comunity ronnie at his peak vs Dorian at his peak that Dorian vote wise would even come anywhere near Coleman
open your eyes Dorian yates is jp fux with a good back.
choice is an illusion

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #361 on: February 07, 2010, 09:38:29 PM »
I mean, really..

just curious, why do you insist on using that garbage version of the pic?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: February 07, 2010, 09:44:30 PM »
;)

look at the arm torso Balance good back absolutley
and that's it nothing else
choice is an illusion

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #363 on: February 07, 2010, 09:46:51 PM »
here's the original in all its super-size glory (save or select "view image") :)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: February 07, 2010, 09:51:35 PM »
Royal let's break Dorian down body part for bodypart against Coleman
arms Coleman
chest coleman
legs Coleman
back tie both had great backs (opinion wise I'd say Coleman)
shoulders (Coleman)
abs tie (Dorian has better ab shape Coleman has a narrower waiste)
 coulpled with the fact that Coleman muscle shape is among the best in history round and vascular
Dorians is crap no round muscle
how can you then turn around and say Dorian
Dorian is the same bbing tier as fux and Nasser size yes genetics no
 no nice muscle shape blocky huge torso small arms
choice is an illusion

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #365 on: February 07, 2010, 09:53:54 PM »
in your face, nuthuggers!!!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #366 on: February 07, 2010, 11:03:33 PM »

??
That quote asks if there was? Its a question with no answer.. and the answer is yes. Dorian Yates. Higher quality through superior balance.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #367 on: February 07, 2010, 11:17:42 PM »
That quote asks if there was? Its a question with no answer.. and the answer is yes. Dorian Yates. Higher quality through superior balance.

lol, the question is posed underneath the caption "Ronnie's on Fire." I'm sure the author is referring to someone else ::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #368 on: February 07, 2010, 11:54:46 PM »
lol, the question is posed underneath the caption "Ronnie's on Fire." I'm sure the author is referring to someone else ::)
Lol. I know who he's referring to, but he's asking the "reader" re-you the question, assuming you'll agree with him.
Jesus Christ.
And I said yes someone else has displayed it.. DORIAN.
I understand that is his opinion, I was fucking with you. :P

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #369 on: February 08, 2010, 05:18:19 AM »
Royal let's break Dorian down body part for bodypart against Coleman
arms Coleman
chest coleman
legs Coleman
back tie both had great backs (opinion wise I'd say Coleman)
shoulders (Coleman)
abs tie (Dorian has better ab shape Coleman has a narrower waiste)
 coulpled with the fact that Coleman muscle shape is among the best in history round and vascular
Dorians is crap no round muscle
how can you then turn around and say Dorian
Dorian is the same bbing tier as fux and Nasser size yes genetics no
 no nice muscle shape blocky huge torso small arms

Here's how I seet it:
Arms: Coleman (arguably the best bis ever; however, Dorian's arms, especially tris and forearms were great.  Coleman had an incredible bicep peak.)
Legs: Could go either way - Coleman had bigger quads, but Dorian had much better calves.  Hams equal.
Chest: Could go either way - both had great chests, lots of striations.
Shoulders: Coleman, but just barely.
Abs: Dorian for sure - he had one of the best overhead abs shots of all time, see below.  Not sure how you could claim they tie.

I agree that Coleman had rounder muscles and more shape; however, Dorian had a level of thickness, completeness, and conditioning that was incredible and unmatched.  Bodybuilding contests are more than just muscle shape. Their physiques are very different, both are great (as I have claimed all along).

The amazing thing is that I have claimed throughout my posts that it would be close between the two and it could go either way.  Yet you claim I am blind and biased.  Then you turn around and make statements like "Dorian is crap" "Dorian is in the same bbing tier as Fux and Nasser."  Your apparent Dorian hate is nearing Hulkster levels.  Not sure why you guys are so threatened by the fact that he dominated during his reign...its laughable really.

You really think Ronnie's abs were this good??  

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #370 on: February 08, 2010, 07:05:44 AM »
seriously, it baffles my mind how dumb ND can be sometimes. Arguing that Dorian 6 wks out is more conditioned than a prime-conditioned Ronnie.
Yates not bad with striations in his quads while 6 weeks out. good job.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #371 on: February 08, 2010, 07:10:03 AM »

you guys really like this shot dont you?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: February 08, 2010, 07:50:04 AM »
Royal please look past the blind love I never said ronnie had better abs I said Dorian did but ronnie had a narrower waiste
Dorian ronnie and arms should not be mentioned in the same sentence
ronnie has arguable the best arms in human history I've seen amateurs with arms better than yates
have u ever seen Dorian in a greatest of all time countdown article have u ever watched a ronnie DVD and seen the sheer round size and vascularity he carries arm wise???? His arms are still bigger and better than mr o jay culter as stated in. Recent copy of flex when both were training arms. Well his right arm

You said ronnie and yates have equal chests dude put the crack pipe down if I was on my pc I would throw up pics
you said they have equal legs
and shoulders
just those statements show me the blind love and fanboy fellowship you nd etc share for Dorian
choice is an illusion

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #373 on: February 08, 2010, 08:51:18 AM »
Why don't you guys give this Dorian vs Ronnie thing a rest?
Yet another thread is exploding with this argument over and over again....
Don't you get tired of discussing the same thing over and over again?

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #374 on: February 08, 2010, 09:38:08 AM »
Royal please look past the blind love I never said ronnie had better abs I said Dorian did but ronnie had a narrower waiste
Dorian ronnie and arms should not be mentioned in the same sentence
ronnie has arguable the best arms in human history I've seen amateurs with arms better than yates
have u ever seen Dorian in a greatest of all time countdown article have u ever watched a ronnie DVD and seen the sheer round size and vascularity he carries arm wise???? His arms are still bigger and better than mr o jay culter as stated in. Recent copy of flex when both were training arms. Well his right arm

You said ronnie and yates have equal chests dude put the crack pipe down if I was on my pc I would throw up pics
you said they have equal legs
and shoulders
just those statements show me the blind love and fanboy fellowship you nd etc share for Dorian
Of course Ronnie has incredible arms, read my post dumbass where I stated his bis are probably the best ever.  And before you accuse me of misreading your statements, go back and read them.  Your statement was "abs tie."  I also acknowledged that Ronnie's quads were superior (also probably the best ever), but their hams are probably equal and Dorian has much better calves.  Not sure how these assessments show "blind love" nor am I sure where your blind hate for Dorian arises from.