Author Topic: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...  (Read 165669 times)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Re: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...
« Reply #375 on: February 08, 2010, 09:43:27 AM »
Why don't you guys give this Dorian vs Ronnie thing a rest?
Yet another thread is exploding with this argument over and over again....
Don't you get tired of discussing the same thing over and over again?

The discussion is over long time ago. Ronnie admitted Dorian is better, case closed really. Hulk and his band of trolls just enjoy trolling so we bitch slap them a bit for fun. That's all really. Nothing to see here to be honest.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #376 on: February 08, 2010, 09:45:42 AM »
my very neutral opinion if i compare dorian of 1993 with ronnie of 1999:

FDB = dorian..
FLS = dorian..
SC = ronnie..
RDB = very close but let's give it to ronnie..
RLS = dorian..
ST = dorian..
A&T = dorian..

winner is dorian!!..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #377 on: February 08, 2010, 09:49:00 AM »
The discussion is over long time ago. Ronnie admitted Dorian is better, case closed really. Hulk and his band of trolls just enjoy trolling so we bitch slap them a bit for fun. That's all really. Nothing to see here to be honest.

but in an interview with shawn ray dorian too said that ronnie was probably the best bb ever!!.. i believe both of them just like to ass lick each other to sound humble!!..

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #378 on: February 08, 2010, 09:52:31 AM »

FDB = dorian..
FLS = dorian..
SC = ronnie..
RLS = dorian..
ST = dorian..
A&T = dorian..

winner is dorian!!..

That is a fair assessment - I think the FDB could go either way, but otherwise agree.  Bottom line is that it would be a comparison that could go either way imo.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #379 on: February 08, 2010, 10:00:43 AM »
That is a fair assessment - I think the FDB could go either way, but otherwise agree.  Bottom line is that it would be a comparison that could go either way imo.

in 93 when dorian's left bicep was there i see no reason to give ronnie the fdb against him.. ronnie's bad abs (shape wise) and lack of calves take a lot from this pose!!.. also dorian's chest (in this pose) looks better.. in general ronnnie had a much more impressive upper chest but his lower chest doesnt look good in some poses!!..

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #380 on: February 08, 2010, 10:03:42 AM »
As a complete neutral (Levrone being my favourite bodybuilder) I say Ronnie was better

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #381 on: February 08, 2010, 10:13:31 AM »
As a complete neutral (Levrone being my favourite bodybuilder) I say Ronnie was better

ronnie has more freaky parts but bb wise dorian has a better over all physique..

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #382 on: February 08, 2010, 12:13:08 PM »

Ofcourse in another interview Ronnie said Lee Haney was the best Mr O in history and Lee competed in more competitive era than Ronnie did.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #383 on: February 08, 2010, 12:53:34 PM »
Ofcourse in another interview Ronnie said Lee Haney was the best Mr O in history and Lee competed in more competitive era than Ronnie did.

Ronnie's era was probably the worse for bodybuilding the past 20 years. I've always maintained that it's one of my greatest shames not seeing him compete against the like of Shawn, Flex, Nasser, Lee, Kevin, Paul, etc etc etc at their peaks. Ronnie's peak included ('98). Dorian ruled what was arguably the greatest Olympia line up that ever competed.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #384 on: February 08, 2010, 01:22:29 PM »
ronnie has more freaky parts but bb wise dorian has a better over all physique..

Agreed. All Trollster does is drum on these freaky body parts. He conveniently forget that guys like Paul Dillet, JP Fux and Ernie Taylor had freaky as fuck body parts but it wasn't enough to beat the great OVERALL physique of Yates.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #385 on: February 08, 2010, 01:50:51 PM »
The discussion is over long time ago. Ronnie admitted Dorian is better, case closed really

and he also admitted that if he, dorian and arnold stepped onstage in their best ever shapes, Ronnie would win.

so there.

you have a contradictory quote from the man himself..

so your quote is worthless.

opps. better look to the physiques themselves..

oh wait - ronnie's is vastly better -just like Ronnie said it was...and better than Arnold's too..

:P
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #386 on: February 08, 2010, 01:54:26 PM »
He conveniently forget that guys like Paul Dillet, JP Fux and Ernie Taylor had freaky as fuck body parts but it wasn't enough to beat the great OVERALL physique of Yates.

but ronnie's whole body is almost all freaky bodyparts.

unlike the people you mentioned who were nothing but one hit wonders..

actually, dorian was really a one hit wonder too.

he was nothing special from the front.

he won based on back and calves. shitty arms, thick waist, shitty quads etc. etc.

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #387 on: February 08, 2010, 02:31:54 PM »
seriously, it baffles my mind how dumb ND can be sometimes. Arguing that Dorian 6 wks out is more conditioned than a prime-conditioned Ronnie.

You're the fucking dummy who doesn't know what verbatim means hahahahahaha you're the dummy who thinks 2003 is Ronnie's best showing , you're the dummy who said Dorian wasn't harder or drier than Ronnie yet denied ever saying that , you're the dummy who thinks balance & proportion are the same thing , you're the dummy who argued Ronnie carried more muscular bulk than Dorian by being much lighter . I can continue to post examples of your monumental stupidity if you'd like?

big difference between being hard & dry at 247 pounds and a whole other being hard & dry at 269 pounds Dorian has the size & density

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #388 on: February 08, 2010, 02:35:17 PM »

he won based on back and calves. shitty arms, thick waist, shitty quads etc. etc.

Yeah freaky parts he had when Dorian was beating him senseless and spare us the pics from 1995 too these are from 1997 and he had all the freaky parts you claim that would beat Dorian the quad sweep , the small waist , the second best back , the insane arms and where did it land him? 9th place

Dorian at his worse trampled this at his best he would walk all over Ronnie

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #389 on: February 08, 2010, 02:35:51 PM »

Ronnie had horrible calves, terrible midsection, droopy pecs and a huge ass that probably weighs 30 lbs on it's own. Don't carry on like he's perfect just because you're hypnotized by his giant ass.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #390 on: February 08, 2010, 02:38:47 PM »
Yeah freaky parts he had when Dorian was beating him senseless and spare us the pics from 1995 too these are from 1997 and he had all the freaky parts you claim that would beat Dorian the quad sweep , the small waist , the second best back , the insane arms and where did it land him? 9th place

of course it got him nowhere.

because, being as simple as you are, you forgot the most important thing:

onstage at the olympia, he didn't have the conditioning to go with it.

that came later. and that is part of what made peak ronnie so damn good.

freaky parts don't help you with a film of water over them:
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #391 on: February 08, 2010, 02:43:25 PM »
^

like night and day.

from a sad 9th place to the best ever.

all with some added muscle and water loss..
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: February 08, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »
of course it got him nowhere.

because, being as simple as you are, you forgot the most important thing:

onstage at the olympia, he didn't have the conditioning to go with it.

that came later. and that is part of what made peak ronnie so damn good.

freaky parts don't help you with a film of water over them:

I know exactly what he was missing and guess what stupid? his conditioning was NEVER better than Dorians , so he's down balance & proportion , muscular bulk and density & dryness don't forget posing & presentation

Dorian's density & dryness are legendary Ronnie got it perfect for two contests 1998/2001 where he was under 250 pounds Dorian could maintain that conditioning for much higher bodyweights that's the key

Ronnie at his admitted best Olympia 1998 a show where he said his conditioning was ' spot-on ' just barely beat a past his prime Flex Wheeler in one of the closest Mr Olympia EVER ! is supposed to beat Dorian with improved conditioning LMFAO Dorian was miles ahead if a Flex that was in his prime year

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: February 08, 2010, 02:53:09 PM »
and he also admitted that if he, dorian and arnold stepped onstage in their best ever shapes, Ronnie would win.

so there.

you have a contradictory quote from the man himself..

so your quote is worthless.

opps. better look to the physiques themselves..

oh wait - ronnie's is vastly better -just like Ronnie said it was...and better than Arnold's too..

he never said that LIAR he said he said in that quote I couldn't beat them in their time

Special Ed : Ronnie of Dorian competed in 1998 would you have smoked him?

Ronnie Coleman : NO I think he would have kept on winning as long as he competed I don't think he would have lost.

no contradictions in fact same Ronnie saying the same thing , NO he would have kept winning as long as he competed

aken out of FLEX nov 1999, page 90.  interview by jim schmaltz with ronnie before the 99 Olympia.

Jim:  What would have happened last year if Dorian Yates (recently retired winner of 6 straight Mr. Olympias) had competed?

Ronnie:  Dorian would have won again.

Jim: You think so?

Ronnie:  I know so.  Dorian has a big physique - hard- and he's been the man to beat, and its hard to knock the champion off the block.  He's a big guy and has a lot going for him. 

He doesn't think Dorian would have won again he KNOWS it ! he refferences his muscular bulk ' Dorian has a big physique ' and his density " hard " you post these retarded comparisons where Dorian at much higher bodyweights is getting dwarfed by Ronnie at lighter ones and think that's how it would play out as usual you people DO NOT work in reality

Dorian at 269 pounds would make Ronnie 2001 look petite and a bigger Ronnie soft and off-season

Ronnie admitted more than once he couldn't beat Dorian , I know it kills you but like you said one time Ronnie knows more about Ronnie than you ever will LMFAO

keep melting down Ronnie ended any debate eons ago keep trolling ball-licker Dorian owns you like he owned Ronnie  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #394 on: February 08, 2010, 02:54:40 PM »
his conditioning was NEVER better than Dorians

according to you.

not to everyone else.

as many of the pics in this thread have shown..

never better?

think again loser LOL:
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #395 on: February 08, 2010, 02:55:18 PM »
^
LOL

what a mess dorian was..
Flower Boy Ran Away

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #396 on: February 08, 2010, 02:56:53 PM »

FDB = dorian..
FLS = dorian..
SC = ronnie..
RLS = dorian..
ST = dorian..
A&T = dorian..

winner is dorian!!..

RDB = dorian

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: February 08, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »
according to you.

not to everyone else.

never better?

think again loser LOL:

Who is everyone else? I can't find anyone other than stupid internet-fanboys claiming he was. Dorian's conditioning is legendary Ronnie's isn't

and be very careful what screencaps you post because we all know you have a history of knowingly using sharpened and morphed pics  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #398 on: February 08, 2010, 03:04:24 PM »
I think its funny that people are saying that dorian's 93 front lat spread is better than Ronnie 99's.

think again people:

:-*

dorian's is better from the knees down only.

the rest of him lacks the detail and shape of ronnie, esp. in the arms/delts and quads, and his midsection is thicker.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: February 08, 2010, 03:06:15 PM »
according to you.

not to everyone else.

never better?

think again loser LOL:

And FYI Stupid that's a contest in which Dorian beat Ronnie HAHAHAHAHAH brutal self ownage as usual \

and if he was such a mess it should have been very easy to beat him and where was Ronnie all those years? he started training before Dorian he's roughly the same age and he was never in Dorian's league , after Yates retired Ronnie beats all the guys who were past their primes that Dorian destroyed lol

no wonder why Ronnie said he couldn't touch Yates he knows he would stand a chance against real competition like Dorian , Ronnie had an easy ride in his Olympia run and he still nearly lost to Kevin & Jay and he did lose to Jay and Dexter and everyone else lol