Author Topic: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...  (Read 165571 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...
« Reply #425 on: February 09, 2010, 03:39:44 PM »
is that all you got? lol How does me quoting you verbatim to expose the weakness of your argument make me look stupid?

If anything, you calling me stupid is calling yourself stupid.

Main Entry: 1ver·ba·tim
Pronunciation: \(ˌ)vər-ˈbā-təm\
Function: adverb
Etymology: Middle English, from Medieval Latin, from Latin verbum word
Date: 15th century

: in the exact words : word for word

For future reference stupid , don't try and use big words unless you know what they mean  ;D

lmfao you quoted me verbatim hehehehehehehehe

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #426 on: February 09, 2010, 03:45:24 PM »
epic desperate attempt to connect the dots. Where does the quote you posted say Dorian has the best latspread ever?

oh.. and in before ND posts some irrelevant quote to deflect the obvious - that he's a clueless moron when it comes to arguing.

I love your hypocrisy especially when you're the dummy who tried to past this question off as proof Ronnie was the best ever , not comprehending it was posed as a question and not a declaration.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #427 on: February 09, 2010, 04:22:40 PM »
^^^ thanks for proving me right. You're too predictable ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: February 09, 2010, 04:34:27 PM »
^^^ thanks for proving me right. You're too predictable ;D

Poor Neo trying to distance himself from his stupidity and hypocrisy.

Every once in a while you get the courage to follow me into another Yates thread and same old result you get outclassed at every turn and end up looking for a way out , come back when you're done licking your wounds , I'll be here to correct you as usual.  ;)

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #429 on: February 09, 2010, 05:06:43 PM »
Poor Neo trying to distance himself from his stupidity and hypocrisy.

Every once in a while you get the courage to follow me into another Yates thread and same old result you get outclassed at every turn and end up looking for a way out , come back when you're done licking your wounds , I'll be here to correct you as usual.  ;)

He's a glutton for punishment.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #430 on: February 09, 2010, 05:19:39 PM »
anyone else find it funny that a closeup pic of ronnie's ass has more detail than dorian does on the whole front side of his body LOL:

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: February 09, 2010, 05:33:03 PM »

He comes back bitching and moaning about how we're still at it and where is he? just like a said following me into another Dorian Yates thread getting smacked around like a little bitch , he's like Hulkster he's been corrected so many times he's has to try even harder to save face when he only looks like a bigger idiot in the process

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: February 09, 2010, 05:33:50 PM »
anyone else find it funny that a closeup pic of ronnie's ass has more detail than dorian does on the whole front side of his body LOL:

We all know how much you loves Ronnie's ass  :-X

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #433 on: February 09, 2010, 05:35:47 PM »
I love how you think you have 'corrected' us when your entire argument depends on refuting real life pics and videos because they show what everyone already knows: that dorian was not as good as a peak ronnie coleman.

::)

and by the way, your refuting doesn't work. its just sad and pathetic.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #434 on: February 09, 2010, 06:22:47 PM »

oh? And how am I a glutton for punishment? Would love to see some evidence to back up your words.

countdown before excuses 3... 2... 1...

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #435 on: February 09, 2010, 06:42:49 PM »
ND has no real evidence. only other people's opinons and quotes.

most of which cannot be backed up by real life.

Flower Boy Ran Away

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #436 on: February 09, 2010, 07:30:59 PM »
ND has no real evidence. only other people's opinons and quotes.

most of which cannot be backed up by real life.

ND is an idiot, plain and simple.

the guy posts the subjective opinion of a handful of people and calls it "converging evidence" yet when we post a myriad of quotes from the IFBB founder, several magazine editors, bodybuilding promoters, photographers and IFBB pros, it's "ad populum." ::)

the retard can't even argue to save his life. If you back him into a corner, he starts to post irrelevant quotes from other threads to deflect attention away from him. Case in point: quoting me talking about hitting the gym or posting screen caps of your convo from another thread. I'm still waiting for him to answer what that has to do with this discussion about Dorian.

he put a lot of effort into explaining why Ronnie is missing a pair of calves. When I exposed the absurdity of his argument and showed how the same rationale can be used to argue why Dorian is missing biceps and quads, he got all butt-hurt and started to call me "stupid." ::)

arguing with ND is like arguing with a screaming child who covers his ears and stomps on the ground

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #437 on: February 09, 2010, 07:59:04 PM »
I love how you think you have 'corrected' us when your entire argument depends on refuting real life pics and videos because they show what everyone already knows: that dorian was not as good as a peak ronnie coleman.

::)

and by the way, your refuting doesn't work. its just sad and pathetic.

Actually what's really pathetic is your OBSESSION with Ronnie and how you jump into every Dorian thread praising your man love for Ronnie.  Actually creepy may be a better word than pathetic.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: February 10, 2010, 12:25:04 AM »

the guy posts the subjective opinion of a handful of people and calls it "converging evidence" yet when we post a myriad of quotes from the IFBB founder, several magazine editors, bodybuilding promoters, photographers and IFBB pros, it's "ad populum." ::)

the retard can't even argue to save his life. If you back him into a corner, he starts to post irrelevant quotes from other threads to deflect attention away from him. Case in point: quoting me talking about hitting the gym or posting screen caps of your convo from another thread. I'm still waiting for him to answer what that has to do with this discussion about Dorian.

he put a lot of effort into explaining why Ronnie is missing a pair of calves. When I exposed the absurdity of his argument and showed how the same rationale can be used to argue why Dorian is missing biceps and quads, he got all butt-hurt and started to call me "stupid." ::)

arguing with ND is like arguing with a screaming child who covers his ears and stomps on the ground

Out of the two of us I know more about competitive bodybuilding than you by far and I know what verbatim means too  ;D and you're a hypocrite because every quote you post is exactly what you just claimed mine are ......subjective and I don't fear subjective opinions in the least . the difference between you and I is , I'm not hinging my opinion based on subjective opinions but on facts and knowledge

You simply do not know how contests are judged and how the criteria is applied this is a prove fact. You're so desperate to try and impress people you try and act like you know what you're talking about and get corrected all the time and instead of admitting you didn't know you try and play word games and simply stop responding

You are the guy who claimed balance & proportion were the same thing , you were the guy who claimed Ronnie carried more muscular bulk than Dorian despite being much lighter , you're the guy who didn't know all rounds are physique rounds , you're the guy who claimed to to know who is better conditioned based on inaccurate means and told the people who did they were wrong despite never once seeing other live and in person , you're the who claimed Ronnie wasn't that smart because he said Dorian would beat him , you're the one with comprehension problems who can't tell the difference between a question & a declaration. It comes down to knowledge about the sport and I have proven you have none.

I love how you start to say I can't argue to save my life with an ad hominem attack lmfao more hypocrisy from you , now all we have to do is add that to your semantics games , your comprehension problems and the simple fact you do not know how contests are judged and out of the two of us it's pretty clear which one of his can't argue  ;)

I've addressed everything you ever typed 20 times over I don't run from you on the other hand when you're hopelessly beaten down by facts you simply stop responding so more of your hypocrisy claiming you're waiting for me to answer you when in fact you're the guy who didn't respond to my long post because you were as usual in way over your head

I don't need to deflect any attention from me , I know exactly what my argument is and it's ironclad and hasn't changed and I proved my points using the IFBB judging criteria and IFBB judges . I've said many times Dorian would beat Ronnie because he has better density & dryness , better balance & proportion , depending on the year more muscular bulk and better posing & presentation . These I have proven and you dismissed the experts who all claimed the above to be true

No , no I called you stupid because you tried to claim you copied me verbatim when in fact you didn't and you changed my entire post around LMFAO that's why you're stupid ( among other reasons ) and the absurdity of my argument ? you really wanna embarrass yourself again with this one again? he's missing diamond shape , low insertion , separation , and proportionate size to his quads but somehow he's not missing two calves? everything you just about me having an absurd argument is nothing more than  projection on your behalf

You have no argument because you don't know how the game is played , you have no argument because you claimed eyewitnesses all to be wrong whilst sitting at home on your PC , you have no argument because you're in way over your head and reduced to ad hominem attacks and semantics games , Neo there is NO argument between us , just you trying hard to seem like someone who is knowledgeable and getting corrected at every turn and as usual I don't expect a reply from you because it's typical of you when you overmatched you simple run from facts.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #439 on: February 10, 2010, 06:12:03 AM »
I never said the quote claimed Dorian had the best front latspread ever but I'm pointing to examples of people raving about Dorian's front latspread and yet none of you can post quotes raving about Ronnie's because it wasn't anything special , and let me guess when they refer to his front latspread as ' stunned and revolutionized ' they don't mean it was the best , just very good  ::) I don't need to play with words that's your game , here's another.

FROM MARKUS RUHL

October 2000, FLEX page 166   (notice how it is post 1999)

"DORIAN YATES HAD THE BEST BACK IN THE HISTORY OF BODYBUILDING.  HIS LAT SPREAD WAS UNBELIEVABLE.  HIS SIZE, MASS, AND CONDITIONING WERE PERFECT,"

need anything else corrected Mr Verbatim? you're the moron who plays semantics games , you're the moron who constantly tries to connect the dots , you're the moron who doesn't and still don't know how contests are judged , you're the moron with comprehension issues you're the moron who thinks 2003 is Ronnies best hahahahaha you're the moron who thinks balance & proportion are the same thing , you're the moron who thinks Ronnie carried more muscular bulk than Dorian by being 13 pounds lighter ,  I mean I can continue if you'd like.

Markus also said in interviews post 2003 that he wanted to be like Ronnie because he had every muscle developed to the fullest. He even supposedly announced his retirement at the same time as Ronnie out of respect.

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #440 on: February 10, 2010, 06:20:33 AM »
Of course it's becoming annoying to you because you're being corrected. And wow according to Nasser  ::) according to Nasser all pros use synthol yet he never did , he's the last person you wanna quote and let's say it's true it brings us back to the high & low scores are tossed out so he could have been in ' fourth ' and still finished first again read a book or two

You don't even know this criteria no matter what you call the ' original ' criteria and more stupidity on your behalf the criteria that is used now is NOT the same criteria used since the beginning , the criteria used to include dental examines onstage ! in Reeves day if a contest was deemed to close to call they had both contestants do gymnastics , you don't know the criteria now of before so stop embarrassing yourself trying to act knowledgeable

Dorian's calves weren't in proportion with his quads says you and we already established what you know , nothing. his proportions weren't perfect but eons better than Shawn Ray and he didn't lack separations of the Vastus in fact he tore that muscle in 1994 so it was obscured if you're claiming his quads looked like Franco's did in 1981 you're even more stupid then I thought

Hahahahaha yeah keep the better structure and balance & proportion to modeling competitions ( which FYI bodybuilding contests are ) this is the part where you're willing to overlooks Shawn's numerous flaws out of preference , he doesn't have to live up to the standards others do because his small high calves are ' genetic ' biased anyone? Shawn doesn't have to meet the criteria of clavicle width because it's genetic or height  ::) give me a break.

close to perfection? hahahahahaha more biased delusion Shawn's physique is not even close to perfect he's lacking way to much and just because you're willing to overlook doesn't mean the judges were .

Let me explain to you again how contests are judged. All rounds are physique rounds this means in every single pose all of the judging criteria is assessed at once , including muscular bulk , balance & proportion , density & dryness , posing & presentation , this applies to all rounds including the muscularity round , symmetry round and ( back then ) posing rounds

So while Shawn may meet part(s) of the criteria better than Dorian he doesn't meet the all better which is exactly how contests are judged. who satisfies the ALL of the criteria better

You can say how can Shawn Ray lose the symmetry round to Dorian Yates when clearly Shawn is more ' symmetrical ' I'll explain exactly how and why he lost. Symmetry is a broad and misleading term in this sport and means a lot of things to a lot of people. in includes having a small waist , small joints , great taper , small hips which is part of the reason Flex Wheeler is known as the Sultan of Symmetry despite not having the greatest balance and structure.

That is where the other part of the criteria comes into play , such as height ( height counts in a contest of the genetically elite ) torso length ( if one has a short torso , long torso or a medium one ) arm length ( in relation to the torso ) leg length ( compared to the torso and to others , Shawn has short legs , Ronnie has long ones ) then there is proportion between the muscles ( Shawn has short calves that insert high , Dorian has low ones ) muscle length , clavicle width ( narrow like Shawn and super wide like Wolf )

When people say Shawn has better symmetry than Dorian technically they're right if their speaking on that context alone but not right when all things are assessed. Directly compared to Dorian it's obvious Shawn has smaller waist & hips and smaller joints ( relatively speaking of course ) but he's also shorter ( height plays a role ) he also has short legs , a long torso and high insertions in his calves , along with narrow clavicles , so while he may meet part(s) of the symmetry better than Dorian he loses ground when everything is applied because All rounds are physique rounds

In the symmetry round the judges look who meets the criteria better in muscular bulk along with symmetry/balance & proportion. So while Shawn has a smaller waist & hips and smaller joints , he's down on balance & proportion and now muscular bulk. Now muscular bulk doesn't mean much if it's bulk for the sake of bulk. The judges like conditioned muscular bulk which is exactly why Shawn could beat guys who carried much more muscular bulk than him. And muscular bulk is a relative term and an absolute one as well.

Shawn was like a mini-mass monster he carried 205 pounds on a frame around 5'7" roughly the same weight as Lee Labrada who weighed around 190 pounds in contest shape. So if it were Shawn vs Lee , Shawn would have the advantage in muscular bulk because both were usually dead on the money in terms of conditioning and Shawn weighed more and looked physically bigger. However Dorian was 3" taller and in 1994 weighed 262 pounds and was hard as nails. There is a very big difference ( no pun ) on 262 pounds and 205 pounds even on a relative scale. So ontop of having better balance & proportion , Dorian also has a clear advantage in terms of muscular bulk and remember everything is judged at once , so just because Shawn meets part(s) of symmetry better he's losing on all counts so far

Which leads us to density & dryness , Shawn was usually very well conditioned and very dense & dry for his size , it's easy to be dense & dry when you're 205 pounds and a WHOLE other story when you're 262 pounds. The heavier one becomes the harder it is to retain that density which is the absence of intramuscular fat so what you're left with is just pure muscle. There is a huge difference between two guys who are both the same height and weight and one who is dense and one who's not. Which is why the combo of density & size are highly prized in competitive bodybyuilding.

So Shawn was usually very good with density & dryness he wasn't better than Dorian in this area. Perfect example he tried to compete heavier ( 215 pounds ) at one contest and his conditioning suffered for it. Dorian wins not only muscular bulk and balance & proportion now he wins density & dryness ( remember Shawn may meet part(s) of the criteria better but he loses when ALL of it is applied )

Now we can move on to posing & presentation. A lot of people always scratched their heads wondering how Dorian could win the symmetry round and well as the posing rounds. Now you have your answer All rounds are physique rounds Shawn is a very good poser and very good at presenting his physique to it's best advantage but so is Dorian and in any posing round or symmetry round the judges are looking at muscular bulk , density & dryness , balance & proportion so Dorian wins any round and any pose simply because he satisfies ALL of the criteria better than Shawn and any of his contemporaries

So when you type Shawn should have beat Dorian in 1994 it really means you're ignorant on how contests are judged and/or you simply prefer the way Shawn looks over Dorian .

According to how contests are judged Dorian clearly beat Shawn in 1994.

Based on all your explanation on how contests are judged I can now see why Dorian beat Shawn and won the 1994 Olympia. Dorian deserved his win, its a whole different thing to like someone's physique better than it is to point out the clear winner.
Recently, I also read an article written by a bodybuilding judge and he said the same you say: All rounds are physique rounds.

One question this criteria has brought up to me is this: if every round is a physique round, meaning all criteria is assesed at once, what happened at the 1991 Olympia? Shouldn't the bodybuilder that meets all the criteria better win every round? How come Dorian won the muscularity round, but then Haney won the symmetry and posing rounds?

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #441 on: February 10, 2010, 08:14:25 AM »
Out of the two of us I know more about competitive bodybuilding than you by far

no. What's funny is you keep boasting about how you "had to correct me," then claim you know more about competitive bodybuilding. So which is it? Either you never corrected me or I know as much as you do now.

and I know what verbatim means too

LOL good, then you understand I quoted you verbatim when I hit reply with quote. ;)

and you're a hypocrite because every quote you post is exactly what you just claimed mine are ......subjective and I don't fear subjective opinions in the least . the difference between you and I is , I'm not hinging my opinion based on subjective opinions but on facts and knowledge

where do you come up with this shit? I pointed out the absurdity of relying on a handful of quotes and calling them "coverging evidence" when you dismiss the overwhelming supply of quotes in favor of Ronnie as "ad populum."

I also think it's hypocritical of you to pick which quotes you accept or ignore from the same f*cking person! It's tantamount to using witness testimony in court to argue your case and then saying he is not a reliable source. However, you're too dumb to realize this. lmao

your opinions are in fact just that - opinions. You still to this day cannot explain what objective visual criteria you are using to determine conditioning. I have provided anatomical literature, visual evidence, and proposed an objective criteria to argue why Ronnie at the 01 ASC surpassed Dorian's conditioning.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #442 on: February 10, 2010, 10:48:42 AM »
Of course it's becoming annoying to you because you're being corrected. And wow according to Nasser  ::) according to Nasser all pros use synthol yet he never did , he's the last person you wanna quote and let's say it's true it brings us back to the high & low scores are tossed out so he could have been in ' fourth ' and still finished first again read a book or two

You don't even know this criteria no matter what you call the ' original ' criteria and more stupidity on your behalf the criteria that is used now is NOT the same criteria used since the beginning , the criteria used to include dental examines onstage ! in Reeves day if a contest was deemed to close to call they had both contestants do gymnastics , you don't know the criteria now of before so stop embarrassing yourself trying to act knowledgeable

Dorian's calves weren't in proportion with his quads says you and we already established what you know , nothing. his proportions weren't perfect but eons better than Shawn Ray and he didn't lack separations of the Vastus in fact he tore that muscle in 1994 so it was obscured if you're claiming his quads looked like Franco's did in 1981 you're even more stupid then I thought

Hahahahaha yeah keep the better structure and balance & proportion to modeling competitions ( which FYI bodybuilding contests are ) this is the part where you're willing to overlooks Shawn's numerous flaws out of preference , he doesn't have to live up to the standards others do because his small high calves are ' genetic ' biased anyone? Shawn doesn't have to meet the criteria of clavicle width because it's genetic or height  ::) give me a break.

close to perfection? hahahahahaha more biased delusion Shawn's physique is not even close to perfect he's lacking way to much and just because you're willing to overlook doesn't mean the judges were .

Let me explain to you again how contests are judged. All rounds are physique rounds this means in every single pose all of the judging criteria is assessed at once , including muscular bulk , balance & proportion , density & dryness , posing & presentation , this applies to all rounds including the muscularity round , symmetry round and ( back then ) posing rounds

So while Shawn may meet part(s) of the criteria better than Dorian he doesn't meet the all better which is exactly how contests are judged. who satisfies the ALL of the criteria better

You can say how can Shawn Ray lose the symmetry round to Dorian Yates when clearly Shawn is more ' symmetrical ' I'll explain exactly how and why he lost. Symmetry is a broad and misleading term in this sport and means a lot of things to a lot of people. in includes having a small waist , small joints , great taper , small hips which is part of the reason Flex Wheeler is known as the Sultan of Symmetry despite not having the greatest balance and structure.

That is where the other part of the criteria comes into play , such as height ( height counts in a contest of the genetically elite ) torso length ( if one has a short torso , long torso or a medium one ) arm length ( in relation to the torso ) leg length ( compared to the torso and to others , Shawn has short legs , Ronnie has long ones ) then there is proportion between the muscles ( Shawn has short calves that insert high , Dorian has low ones ) muscle length , clavicle width ( narrow like Shawn and super wide like Wolf )

When people say Shawn has better symmetry than Dorian technically they're right if their speaking on that context alone but not right when all things are assessed. Directly compared to Dorian it's obvious Shawn has smaller waist & hips and smaller joints ( relatively speaking of course ) but he's also shorter ( height plays a role ) he also has short legs , a long torso and high insertions in his calves , along with narrow clavicles , so while he may meet part(s) of the symmetry better than Dorian he loses ground when everything is applied because All rounds are physique rounds

In the symmetry round the judges look who meets the criteria better in muscular bulk along with symmetry/balance & proportion. So while Shawn has a smaller waist & hips and smaller joints , he's down on balance & proportion and now muscular bulk. Now muscular bulk doesn't mean much if it's bulk for the sake of bulk. The judges like conditioned muscular bulk which is exactly why Shawn could beat guys who carried much more muscular bulk than him. And muscular bulk is a relative term and an absolute one as well.

Shawn was like a mini-mass monster he carried 205 pounds on a frame around 5'7" roughly the same weight as Lee Labrada who weighed around 190 pounds in contest shape. So if it were Shawn vs Lee , Shawn would have the advantage in muscular bulk because both were usually dead on the money in terms of conditioning and Shawn weighed more and looked physically bigger. However Dorian was 3" taller and in 1994 weighed 262 pounds and was hard as nails. There is a very big difference ( no pun ) on 262 pounds and 205 pounds even on a relative scale. So ontop of having better balance & proportion , Dorian also has a clear advantage in terms of muscular bulk and remember everything is judged at once , so just because Shawn meets part(s) of symmetry better he's losing on all counts so far

Which leads us to density & dryness , Shawn was usually very well conditioned and very dense & dry for his size , it's easy to be dense & dry when you're 205 pounds and a WHOLE other story when you're 262 pounds. The heavier one becomes the harder it is to retain that density which is the absence of intramuscular fat so what you're left with is just pure muscle. There is a huge difference between two guys who are both the same height and weight and one who is dense and one who's not. Which is why the combo of density & size are highly prized in competitive bodybyuilding.

So Shawn was usually very good with density & dryness he wasn't better than Dorian in this area. Perfect example he tried to compete heavier ( 215 pounds ) at one contest and his conditioning suffered for it. Dorian wins not only muscular bulk and balance & proportion now he wins density & dryness ( remember Shawn may meet part(s) of the criteria better but he loses when ALL of it is applied )

Now we can move on to posing & presentation. A lot of people always scratched their heads wondering how Dorian could win the symmetry round and well as the posing rounds. Now you have your answer All rounds are physique rounds Shawn is a very good poser and very good at presenting his physique to it's best advantage but so is Dorian and in any posing round or symmetry round the judges are looking at muscular bulk , density & dryness , balance & proportion so Dorian wins any round and any pose simply because he satisfies ALL of the criteria better than Shawn and any of his contemporaries

So when you type Shawn should have beat Dorian in 1994 it really means you're ignorant on how contests are judged and/or you simply prefer the way Shawn looks over Dorian .

According to how contests are judged Dorian clearly beat Shawn in 1994.
The competition where Grimeck beat Reeves was the NABBA mr.Universe 1948.Thay had a tie on the scoresheets,so the promoter  decided they have to do gymnastics etc.,but that contest was an exeption,that wasn't a routine to decide the contests,plus it wasn't even an IFBB contest.
Where did I said Dorian's quads looked like Franco's?Read my post again!I said that since franko no mr.O winner had lack of separation on the quads(understand Dickerson,Bannout and Haney had better thigh separation than Dorian as well as every winner after Dorian!)
The actual procedure of judging a contest and the criteria about what qualities the winners physique should include are 2 different things.Throughout the hitory IFBB changed the first many times incl.the number of judges involved,the mandatory poses included,the number of rounds etc.,etc...Yet the criteria about how the winners physique should look like remained the same until Dorian's era when the winner can have a distended stomach in a combination with torn musclegroups and still be considered as the "best built man in the world".
Shawn don't have short legs and long torso(lee priest and paco bautista have!)Shawn has the same torso and leg length as the majority of people who are 5'7''.His bone structure is very similar to that of Dexter Jackson.His legs may seem short for you of course,because his quads(in a contrast with Dorian's 94 version)were fully developed.And Ray indeed was very close to perfection,doesn't matter whether you like that fact or not.Why do you think the judges placed him in the top 5 for 12 consecutive years?It certainly wasn't because he was the biggest or they liked his personality.It's because he has great shape and structure and complete development.
When you studied how the contests are judged,you probably also discovered that how you look onstage is of much greater importance than how much is your weight.That's why Frank Zane used to beat competitors with much more muscular bulk than his(even when they were in a good condition).And that's how a 4'10'',145 lbs.Flavio Bachianini was twice runner up at the masters Olympia,beating legends like Robby Robinson,Sonny Schmidt etc in the process.
Dorian was heavier than Shawn,but he also was taller with thicker and heavier bone structure.For his frame Shawn was as you said "a little mass monster"at 205-210.

When you insist that Dorian had better balance and proportions than Shawn,please tell which year you are reffering to,because Dorian had different balance every single year!Comparing Dorian of 93 with Dorian of 97 is like comparing 2 different bodybuilders.How can someone have different balance&proportions every single year and they still be considered as the best?Dorian of 97 had much smaller arms and bigger legs(though not better)than Dorian of 93,therefore his balance&proportions were not the same.In 94 his thighs and arms(due to the injuries) were lagging in comparison to his 93 version as well as in comparison to the guys standing next to him.Shawn Ray was the one with best balance in 94.He also was the most conditioned(he was hard,dry,dense,he had full muscle bellies and great muscle separation and details.I short he was complete!
When Francis Benfatto placed 6th at the 2006 Australian GP,the judges told him that he could have placed higher if it wasn't for his torn pec.They penalized him for having a torn muscle.They also should penalize Dorian for that,but they didn't.They didn't penalize him for having a distended stomach as well.Size is important,but not at the exclusion of shape,detail,symmetry and completness.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #443 on: February 10, 2010, 12:41:18 PM »
I'm still waiting for ND to explain what the point of quoting me saying I'm going to hit the gym has to do with this discussion.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: February 10, 2010, 01:24:05 PM »
no. What's funny is you keep boasting about how you "had to correct me," then claim you know more about competitive bodybuilding. So which is it? Either you never corrected me or I know as much as you do now.

LOL good, then you understand I quoted you verbatim when I hit reply with quote. ;)

where do you come up with this shit? I pointed out the absurdity of relying on a handful of quotes and calling them "coverging evidence" when you dismiss the overwhelming supply of quotes in favor of Ronnie as "ad populum."

I also think it's hypocritical of you to pick which quotes you accept or ignore from the same f*cking person! It's tantamount to using witness testimony in court to argue your case and then saying he is not a reliable source. However, you're too dumb to realize this. lmao

your opinions are in fact just that - opinions. You still to this day cannot explain what objective visual criteria you are using to determine conditioning. I have provided anatomical literature, visual evidence, and proposed an objective criteria to argue why Ronnie at the 01 ASC surpassed Dorian's conditioning.

no. What's funny is you keep boasting about how you "had to correct me," then claim you know more about competitive bodybuilding. So which is it? Either you never corrected me or I know as much as you

You don't know as much as me and I constantly corrected you. That's the whole problem you like to act like you know what you're talking about and always end up falling flat on your face.

Oh verbatim now has a new meaning? since when did it change?  ???

the difference you still can't seem to grasp is between subjective & non-subjective quotes.

I don't accept or ignore either I take them for what they are. and what you just accused me you , yourself are very guilty of , You love to post the quote where McGough says 2001 Ronnie would be unbeatable but two seconds later claim he's crazy if he thinks Dorian was better conditioned than Ronnie. You're a hypocrite and very dumb for casting stone from your glass house.

The saying goes " you're entitled to your own opinion but you're not entitled to your own facts. " facts are just that facts. I've explained to you ad nasuem what ' objective visual criteria ' they use to determine conditioning. You didn't like the answer and in fact despite never once seeing either at any point in their careers , despite not even knowing what constitutes great conditioning , went on to tell those who were live and in person over the course of their entire careers they are wrong and you are right from inaccurate means via the internet.

You provided anatomical literature? LMFAO you're the one who claimed that a medical doctor would side with you just because he would  ::) visual evidence? different pictures , with different lighting and different quality all while omitting the fact that Dorian looks eons better in person than he does on print/film and you formed an ' objective ' opinion LMFAO I'll give you this you're certainly trying hard on this one lol

You didn't even know what density was , there is NO WAY in hell you're going to form an objective opinion without even knowing what you're looking for and then tell eyewitnesses they're wrong and you're right LMFAO your insistence to be right when clearly wrong speaks volumes about your character. an intelligent person would concede that they honestly and objectively can't determine two different bodybuilders levels of conditioning based off internet pictures and compressed video and would take what the real experts say proof and what's funny is NO ONE is contradicting the claim , there isn't anyone claiming Ronnie was better conditioned that Dorian

In fact Dorian who is an IFBB judge has said when directly when posed the question he is better conditioned than Ronnie ( and better balanced )  , and when all the other quotes say the same that's evidence converging . You have this idea of what great conditioning is and it's not what you think and to be fair and really objective I have said perhaps Ronnie did matched Dorian for that dense & dry look albeit lighter so even entertaining your point Dorian is still better conditioned because his density is unmatched at much higher body weights than Ronnie so you lose either way .  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: February 10, 2010, 01:33:07 PM »
I'm still waiting for ND to explain what the point of quoting me saying I'm going to hit the gym has to do with this discussion.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with this discussion. I just enjoy posting your monster meltdown  ;D and it was just you going to the gym? No , no my stupid little friend it was your internet-challenge where you couldn't stand toe-to-toe with me on facts so you figured you'd throw down the gauntlet and that beyond retarded challenge where you thought you'd have better luck

Internet challenge

ah well, I'm off to the gym. I'll let ND and Mr.1derful continue posting in my absence. Who knows... maybe I'll compete in the next Mr. Getbig. I've put on a lot of size and worked on my weaknesses since Mr. Getbig 2. I would encourage ND to enter since he claims he's bigger than me but I know he'll just come up with an excuse to pussy out

Oh no the whole of GetBig will view me as a ' pussy ' if I don't accept your internet-challenge LMFAO this post gave me douche chills on so many levels , you're an angry little dude  ;D but you do provide me with many laughs though

the only thing gayer than an internet-challenge is accepting one .

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #446 on: February 10, 2010, 01:45:26 PM »
You don't know as much as me and I constantly corrected you. That's the whole problem you like to act like you know what you're talking about and always end up falling flat on your face.

<yawn> I know everything you know about competitive bodybuilding since the Truce thread began over 3 yrs ago. I know you like to pride yourself over your magazine collection and knowledge of bodybuilding statistics, but judging isn't exactly a difficult topic to grasp. The rules fit on a few pages in a pdf file and haven't changed much, if at all, in the past 60 years. So yes, I do know as much as you do. Competitive bodybuilding may seem to you like this mystical world that takes many years of jedi training to master but it's really not that hard to figure out, dumbass.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: February 10, 2010, 02:09:46 PM »
The competition where Grimeck beat Reeves was the NABBA mr.Universe 1948.Thay had a tie on the scoresheets,so the promoter  decided they have to do gymnastics etc.,but that contest was an exeption,that wasn't a routine to decide the contests,plus it wasn't even an IFBB contest.
Where did I said Dorian's quads looked like Franco's?Read my post again!I said that since franko no mr.O winner had lack of separation on the quads(understand Dickerson,Bannout and Haney had better thigh separation than Dorian as well as every winner after Dorian!)
The actual procedure of judging a contest and the criteria about what qualities the winners physique should include are 2 different things.Throughout the hitory IFBB changed the first many times incl.the number of judges involved,the mandatory poses included,the number of rounds etc.,etc...Yet the criteria about how the winners physique should look like remained the same until Dorian's era when the winner can have a distended stomach in a combination with torn musclegroups and still be considered as the "best built man in the world".
Shawn don't have short legs and long torso(lee priest and paco bautista have!)Shawn has the same torso and leg length as the majority of people who are 5'7''.His bone structure is very similar to that of Dexter Jackson.His legs may seem short for you of course,because his quads(in a contrast with Dorian's 94 version)were fully developed.And Ray indeed was very close to perfection,doesn't matter whether you like that fact or not.Why do you think the judges placed him in the top 5 for 12 consecutive years?It certainly wasn't because he was the biggest or they liked his personality.It's because he has great shape and structure and complete development.
When you studied how the contests are judged,you probably also discovered that how you look onstage is of much greater importance than how much is your weight.That's why Frank Zane used to beat competitors with much more muscular bulk than his(even when they were in a good condition).And that's how a 4'10'',145 lbs.Flavio Bachianini was twice runner up at the masters Olympia,beating legends like Robby Robinson,Sonny Schmidt etc in the process.
Dorian was heavier than Shawn,but he also was taller with thicker and heavier bone structure.For his frame Shawn was as you said "a little mass monster"at 205-210.

When you insist that Dorian had better balance and proportions than Shawn,please tell which year you are reffering to,because Dorian had different balance every single year!Comparing Dorian of 93 with Dorian of 97 is like comparing 2 different bodybuilders.How can someone have different balance&proportions every single year and they still be considered as the best?Dorian of 97 had much smaller arms and bigger legs(though not better)than Dorian of 93,therefore his balance&proportions were not the same.In 94 his thighs and arms(due to the injuries) were lagging in comparison to his 93 version as well as in comparison to the guys standing next to him.Shawn Ray was the one with best balance in 94.He also was the most conditioned(he was hard,dry,dense,he had full muscle bellies and great muscle separation and details.I short he was complete!
When Francis Benfatto placed 6th at the 2006 Australian GP,the judges told him that he could have placed higher if it wasn't for his torn pec.They penalized him for having a torn muscle.They also should penalize Dorian for that,but they didn't.They didn't penalize him for having a distended stomach as well.Size is important,but not at the exclusion of shape,detail,symmetry and completness.

Congrats you know how to use Google's search feature I know exactly what contest it was. And you didn't specify if it had to be an IFBB contest and you prove to you wrong again that the criteria even in the IFBB hasn't always existed go see how the very first Olympia were judged and it isn't the same as it was in 1994  ;) so your point that Shawn wasn't judged to the original standards that have always been is flat-out wrong and ignorant

You just did it again that's where Dorian's quads lacked separation like Franco's did in 1981 that's comparing his quads to Francos and it's absurd and flat-out wrong. they all had better rectus femoris separation than Dorian , go Google the rest of the muscles of the ' thigh ' watch the 1991 Mr Olympia where Lenda Murray comments on Dorian saying ( and I'm paraphrasing here ) " He looks like Haney with legs " implying the obvious Lee had NO legs so any advantage in rectus femoris separation is rendered moot by inferior everything else.

Here is an IFBB judge commenting on Dorian's torn muscle

Added Rockell: Dorian had a SLIGHT injury but as far as I'm concerned , it had NO bearing whatsoever. He was just so dense it made no overall difference. Paul's major deficiencies were in his back : not enough muscularity for his large frame. also basic stamina throughout was in question ; during call-outs , he was breathing heavy and bending over.

the distended abdomen ( not stomach  ;) ) wasn't visible when held tight in poses and whenever the overall package is so dominating one bicep shorter than another makes no overall impact. It may to you and point taken but we deal with what happened and not what should have happened. Dorian's torn bicep would hurt one pose only and that's the front double biceps pose

Really he doesn't?  ::) did they grow somehow? and you compared him to all other people 5'7" ?  ??? He has short legs and a long torso and no matter how much you scream the Earth is flat it's not going to change. It doesn't mean it's a bad thing persa it's all relative to who you're competing with but these things come up when directly compared to someone who doesn't have short legs. I mean if he's competing against all other guys who have short legs then it's not a flaw

And his structure is NOT the same as Dexter , Dexter has much wider clavicles and back width big difference there and Dexter's structure allows him to carry more size without ill effect to his structure. And I know exactly why they placed Shawn consistently in the top 5 because he was an excellent bodybuilder and did very well for himself despite his flaws , however when compared to guys who didn't lack as much as he did he never won the contest that matter the most to him , against Haney , Yates and Coleman .

I know exactly the point you're making about the judges not weighing contestants on stage and it's an illusion but a judge can clearly tell who is carrying more muscular bulk when Shawn is standing next to bigger guys but again that's not ALL they judge contests on , they apply all the criteria and according to that Dorian clearly beat Shawn in 1994 you can argue all you want about Shawn's aesthetic physique should more represent what the Olympia is about but I'll comment on what happened instead of what you wanted to happen and how contests are judged.

People have been screaming for years that Bob Paris' type physique should win the only against Haney , and Labrada with Haney and Ray with Yates and others with Ronnie it's nothing new but these people want to omit parts of the criteria to meet their ideal and maybe they're right but we're talking about what happened not what could have happened or should have happened.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: February 10, 2010, 02:25:43 PM »
<yawn> I know everything you know about competitive bodybuilding since the Truce thread began over 3 yrs ago. I know you like to pride yourself over your magazine collection and knowledge of bodybuilding statistics, but judging isn't exactly a difficult topic to grasp. The rules fit on a few pages in a pdf file and haven't changed much, if at all, in the past 60 years. So yes, I do know as much as you do. Competitive bodybuilding may seem to you like this mystical world that takes many years of jedi training to master but it's really not that hard to figure out, dumbass.

No you don't ! sorry kid you just don't especially considering you keep insisting the people who are experts are wrong and you are right. I just don't own magazines but a ton of books on the subject as well. And judging is extremely difficult to grasp which is exactly why 99.9% of the people on this board don't know how contests are judged and when explained they still can't grasp yourself included and many pros which I was ironically just reading about how Chris Cormier was dumbfounded he lost the symmetry round to Lee Priest despite Chris having an overwhelming advantage in ' symmetry '

And judging does take years and years of doing to master and funny you prove your ignorance on the subject even still with this take on things. Judges have to go to seminars for judging , they have to have years of amateur contests under their belt before being able to judge the pros and even then they don't get to judge the major shows like the Olympia and Arnold , judges are selected for being consistent with other judges and objective , any judge who forms a radically differing opinion from the others is removed from judging. you still don't know anything after being corrected for years on the Truce thread but hey it's not the message you don't like it's the messenger  ;)

You didn't know what density is , you though balance & proportion are the same thing , you still can't grasp that Dorian is better conditioned , you never knew all rounds were physique rounds , you still think a guy who is missing classic diamond shape , low insertions , development and separation of the inner & outer heads of the gastrocmuenous and proportion in relation to his quads is not missing calves because they appear to be big LMMFAO

stupidity prevents you from being honest or objective , you wanna fit in so bad and try and act like you know what you're talking about and you look like a complete moron trying to talk intelligently on the subject and instead of honestly trying to learn your content with your own ignorance and more power to you , God must love stupid people because he made so many of you.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #449 on: February 10, 2010, 04:15:38 PM »
No you don't ! sorry kid you just don't especially considering you keep insisting the people who are experts are wrong and you are right. I just don't own magazines but a ton of books on the subject as well. And judging is extremely difficult to grasp which is exactly why 99.9% of the people on this board don't know how contests are judged and when explained they still can't grasp yourself included and many pros which I was ironically just reading about how Chris Cormier was dumbfounded he lost the symmetry round to Lee Priest despite Chris having an overwhelming advantage in ' symmetry '

oh please! I know what the judging criteria is. I've read it before. You act like it's complicated when it's not. Perhaps the most difficult part of judging is not letting your personal bias cloud your judgment. The difference between you and me is that I apply the criteria objectively whereas you place greater importance in certain areas when it suits you.

And judging does take years and years of doing to master and funny you prove your ignorance on the subject even still with this take on things. Judges have to go to seminars for judging , they have to have years of amateur contests under their belt before being able to judge the pros and even then they don't get to judge the major shows like the Olympia and Arnold , judges are selected for being consistent with other judges and objective , any judge who forms a radically differing opinion from the others is removed from judging. you still don't know anything after being corrected for years on the Truce thread but hey it's not the message you don't like it's the messenger

I will let this comment stand on its own so others can have a laugh at your expense.

you make it sound like judges need IQs above 120 and must past rigorous tests to select only the cream of the crop ::)

anyone who has actually competed will tell you the judges (especially head judges) aren't exactly 'winners' in life.