Author Topic: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...  (Read 165631 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...
« Reply #475 on: February 11, 2010, 03:23:32 PM »
Brutal ownage of Ray by Yates in 1996  :o

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #476 on: February 11, 2010, 03:41:28 PM »
Dorian's conditioning was spot on during 96.  IMO he wasn't as full as 95, but his waist looked small and he was very, very dry.  ND, what was his weight in 96 compared to 95?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #477 on: February 11, 2010, 03:42:54 PM »
Dorian's conditioning was spot on during 96.  IMO he wasn't as full as 95, but his waist looked small and he was very, very dry.  ND, what was his weight in 96 compared to 95?

Depending on the source he was 260 in 95 and 255 in 1996

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #478 on: February 11, 2010, 03:54:17 PM »
For some reason I always thought we was heavier in 96, but it makes sense that he was lighter.  I know they've been posted before, but here are the 96 vids.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #479 on: February 11, 2010, 05:38:34 PM »
This video of DY's 96 posing routine is super clear and much much better than the other shitty quality clip that someone posted on Youtube a while back. How can anyone argue who deserved to win after watching this?

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #480 on: February 12, 2010, 10:20:28 AM »
I love how internet warriors such as Hulkster and Tarantula, who never saw Dorian in person, sit here and pick apart Dorian based on pics and somehow disbelieve what judges, fellow competitors, and industry experts--who actually saw Dorian--say.

Watch this video and tell me that Dorian's bicep should have kept him from winning...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5049884837576382067#

How did you figured out that I've never seen Dorian in person,did I tell you?FYI I've seen him!I've never been to the Olympia,but I've been to some European Grand Prix competitions and at various times I've seen also Ronnie,Cutler and Dexter,the last two before winning the Olympia,and many other pro's!
In 95 Dorian was in an excellent condition-he was hard,dry,his abdomen was tighter than the year prior and he had better muscle separation and more details.I'm objective and I can say than he deserved the win.But 94 and 97 were different stories and everyone who is not in a blind love with Dorian can see that.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #481 on: February 12, 2010, 10:34:42 AM »
This video of DY's 96 posing routine is super clear and much much better than the other shitty quality clip that someone posted on Youtube a while back. How can anyone argue who deserved to win after watching this?

Saw that contest live.  From the front, Nasser looked awesome.  When they turned around, it wasn't even close.
Y

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #482 on: February 12, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
Which is exactly my point you don't know the history of the sport. Again the first Olympias were NOT judged the same as the one in 1994 and the criteria has changed along with the physiques you don't know this and you don't know how contests are judged

A quote from an open letter from the IFBB Proffesional Division to All IFBB proffesional members(re:symmetry and natural aesthetics):"With a mandate from president Ben Weider,the Proffessional Committee and a team of experts advisors recently evaluated the issues associated with muscular development,such as size,shape,density,separation and definition,in relation to symmetry and natural aesthetics.
...These characteristics have been the HALLMARK OF A BODYBUILDERS PHYSIQUE FOR DECADES,and it is the intent of this Advisory Notice to reaffirm their significance.
DISTENDED ABDOMENS AND DISTORTED MUSCLES NEGATIVELY IMPACT UPON SYMMETRY AND NATURAL AESTHETICS AND,THEREFORE,DETRACT FROM THE OVERALL PHYSIQUE.ATHLETES AND JUDGES ARE ADVISED THAT MUSCLE SIZE AT THE EXPENCE OF SYMMETRY AND NATURAL AESTHETICS WILL NOT BE ASSESSED FAVOURABLY."

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #483 on: February 12, 2010, 12:30:15 PM »
A quote from an open letter from the IFBB Proffesional Division to All IFBB proffesional members(re:symmetry and natural aesthetics):"With a mandate from president Ben Weider,the Proffessional Committee and a team of experts advisors recently evaluated the issues associated with muscular development,such as size,shape,density,separation and definition,in relation to symmetry and natural aesthetics.
...These characteristics have been the HALLMARK OF A BODYBUILDERS PHYSIQUE FOR DECADES,and it is the intent of this Advisory Notice to reaffirm their significance.
DISTENDED ABDOMENS AND DISTORTED MUSCLES NEGATIVELY IMPACT UPON SYMMETRY AND NATURAL AESTHETICS AND,THEREFORE,DETRACT FROM THE OVERALL PHYSIQUE.ATHLETES AND JUDGES ARE ADVISED THAT MUSCLE SIZE AT THE EXPENCE OF SYMMETRY AND NATURAL AESTHETICS WILL NOT BE ASSESSED FAVOURABLY."

wow I never seen that before  ::) do you know when that edict was sent out?  ;) and again the first Olympia were NOT judged the same as it was in 1994 I can tell you how they were judged but seeing you know please share with me the difference

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #484 on: February 12, 2010, 02:50:02 PM »
 :o

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #485 on: February 12, 2010, 10:06:07 PM »
Depending on the source he was 260 in 95 and 255 in 1996

according to nasser:

"..Also, Dorian said he was 255LBS for the 1995 Olympia and that for the 96’ Olympia he had put on 2LBS. How is it possible to gain 2LBS more in size but look smaller at 257LBS than 255? When did he step on the scale – after breakfast, before going to the restroom?.."....

;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #486 on: February 12, 2010, 11:01:33 PM »
according to nasser:

"..Also, Dorian said he was 255LBS for the 1995 Olympia and that for the 96’ Olympia he had put on 2LBS. How is it possible to gain 2LBS more in size but look smaller at 257LBS than 255? When did he step on the scale – after breakfast, before going to the restroom?.."....

;D
But he looked better than Nasser. How can one be about 280 at his height and have limited back detail..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #487 on: February 12, 2010, 11:11:09 PM »
But he looked better than Nasser. How can one be about 280 at his height and have limited back detail..

from the rear only.. from the front and the side dorian was nasser's bitch ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #488 on: February 12, 2010, 11:31:43 PM »
from the rear only.. from the front and the side dorian was nasser's bitch ;D
The back is a very big body part, to neglect that shows a lack of mind-muscle concentration, and not want to be complete, a la Paul Dillett.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #489 on: February 12, 2010, 11:35:03 PM »
The back is a very big body part, to neglect that shows a lack of mind-muscle concentration, and not want to be complete, a la Paul Dillett.

biceps, shoulders, abs, quads, chest are all very important parts and many guys were better than dorian in them!..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #490 on: February 13, 2010, 02:44:04 AM »
biceps, shoulders, abs, quads, chest are all very important parts and many guys were better than dorian in them!..
Hey Sheriff we need pics inside the roof gym, I cant see a thing because your back is blocking the door. 8)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #491 on: February 13, 2010, 04:34:23 AM »
Hey Sheriff we need pics inside the roof gym, I cant see a thing because your back is blocking the door. 8)

if i move a little bit you can see your grandpa doing squats inside ;D

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #492 on: February 13, 2010, 04:42:54 AM »
Shawn was under contract with Weider for 17yrs, from around the late 80's or early 90's.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson57.htm

I'm pretty sure he was under contract in 94 (pretty downright positive actually) when he was complaining about Dorian in print, in magazines and anywhere else where someone would listen to him.

Was wondering.  If people like Sean were under contract with Weider for that long, do they receive some sort of retirement package or benefits. 
No Worries 4 me

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #493 on: February 13, 2010, 04:06:04 PM »
according to nasser:

;D

According to Nasser , everyone used snythol but he never did  ::)

According to Lee Haney

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #494 on: February 13, 2010, 04:12:06 PM »

NOT how it works on paper many should have better poses than him and they didn't

Ronnie has a super small waist & hips and a great back on paper he should have a better front latspread and he doesn't , same with the side triceps pose.

stop trying to accumulate parts because the sum doesn't always add up to the greatest whole

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #495 on: February 13, 2010, 07:50:49 PM »
Ronnie has a super small waist & hips and a great back on paper he should have a better front latspread and he doesn't

yes he does, at least in top shape in 1999: thats the point. no matter what year of dorian you care to compare it to:

::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #496 on: February 13, 2010, 07:54:01 PM »
stop trying to accumulate parts because the sum doesn't always add up to the greatest whole

but it does: thats why he won 8 Mr. O's and an AC win, neither feats of which dorian could have ever duplicated..
Flower Boy Ran Away

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #497 on: February 14, 2010, 02:25:31 AM »
but it does: thats why he won 8 Mr. O's and an AC win, neither feats of which dorian could have ever duplicated..

all that matters is that yates beat ronnie during the years DORIAN competed.

also, the arnold wasnt as quite as big back then as it is now, but besides, you can win the arnold 10 times and never an olympia and you will not be recognized as all time great.

all that matters is that yates beat better bbers in the prime than ronnie ever faced.  - thats the biggest difference.  ronnie was battling gunter and gustavo (AND LOSINGIN THE CHALLENGE ROUND), while yates faced a prime, levrone, ray, wheeler, nasser, etc.

example:  randy couture has only 18 wins as a pro fighter.  travis fulton (who?, exactly) has almost 200 wins.  most of randy's wins are against other top fighters, where as travis fulton wins are mostly against people like yourself.

the total is irrelevant - its who its against that matters.

owned.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #498 on: February 14, 2010, 05:17:07 AM »

Against who? ho-hum competition? Dorian never place below second in ANY pro contest , was only second twice in his whole pro career and just won whatever he entered Ronnie never did that , Dorian dominated in a way Ronnie never did against much better competition

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #499 on: February 14, 2010, 05:21:29 AM »
yes he does, at least in top shape in 1999: thats the point. no matter what year of dorian you care to compare it to:

::)

Sorry Dorian owns the front latspread Dorian is massive everywhere

Bigger , harder , drier and higher quality , better lat-sweep and you can see Dorian's lats Ronnie's are barely wider than Flex & Chris