Author Topic: Anybody use Grippers  (Read 1161 times)

ronbrgundy

• Getbig II
  • You stay classy
Anybody use Grippers
« on: December 12, 2009, 11:41:22 AM »
Anybody use them?  I'm thinking about getting some off ebay.  

Thanks guys.  This vid by Lee Hayward is what made me interested in them:
&feature=related

I took the plunge and just bought all 6 of his grippers (as a bonus comes with chalk and online manual).  He says regular orders are 1 week and international are up to 3 weeks.  He has a Canadian address but i'm hoping to get them much sooner than 3 weeks.  I've been wanting some for a while and realized I had enough in my paypal to just go ahead and make the purchase. 

I am interested in a finger extension device if such a thing is available.  

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: Anybody use Grippers
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 12:43:24 PM »
If you deadlift and chin enough, your grip should be fine.

I do use wrist straps every other workout or so, but that is because I don't want my grip to be the limiting factor in how much I lift and for how long.

If I had a choice, I would rather see folks use finger extension exercises rather than flexion.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »
I keep a few heavy grips (COC knock-offs) in the car to use whenever but not a regular part of my routine.  I have short stubby fingers so I find them a bit too far apart

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 04:00:05 AM »
Bossa, i find the same. I have a couple of CoC's and small hands. Definitely doesn't make it any easier.

Ronburgundy, i'm not aware of any finger extension devices per se, but heavy duty elastic bands can do the job.

Ironmind does these http://ironmind-store.com/Expand-Your-Hand-Bands153/productinfo/1376/

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 10:26:32 AM »
I've got them. In my opinion they're a lot better then the others out there. I've only used the 100, 150, & 200's. I was think of putting the 300 & 350's on eBay.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 11:09:47 AM »
love them..

though if you get big into them the heavy grips are child's toys...

i like tetting grippers. Grippers like the grand master, elite, and super elite...all of them I use. All are VERY well made and have a smooth transition through the sweep.  I like COC stuff since it seems to be the staple but all grippers have some varying degree of difficulty even if they're both the same make and model. I can close a coc 3.5 with both hands but there are some MONSTEROUS 3.5's that I can't shut period.  Too..don't get caught up in what the "rating" is like 365lbs or whatver because that's a load of shit. The actual crushing weight needed to close a 3 for example is around 140lbs and the weight or power in ones' hand needs to be around 166lbs of crushing power to close a 3.5.

I compete in grip strength contests...love me some grippers.  check out grippersuperstore.com for all kinds of grippers. It's THE place wiht all brands, ratings, etc.