Author Topic: 405 X 25  (Read 8804 times)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
405 X 25
« on: December 18, 2009, 07:39:13 PM »

bar looks short though...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: 405 X 25
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 09:12:51 PM »
Hmmmm....either that is the widest human ever, or something is up with the bench/bar.

I'm not convinced, you got any more videos of that guy?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 07:00:45 AM »
well im impressed,,, thats fuckn phenominal!!!!!

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 08:20:32 AM »
I believe that is a fake weight. When he is first setting up the grip (first 2 or 3 seconds of the start) he slides the bar over a couple of inches to get ready. Not possible to slide 405 (or 135 for that matter) over that easily and with one hand.  Maybe the reason they play that crappy music extra loud is because there is not the usual clanging and rattle of the plates on the bar. Also, why a 6ft bar? Busted ...in my view.
F

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 09:40:02 AM »
there rubber coated disks......... mind i do prefer the old cast iron plates, that rattle they make when u have a few each side of the bar is music to the ears

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 11:23:54 AM »
I believe that is a fake weight. When he is first setting up the grip (first 2 or 3 seconds of the start) he slides the bar over a couple of inches to get ready. Not possible to slide 405 (or 135 for that matter) over that easily and with one hand.  Maybe the reason they play that crappy music extra loud is because there is not the usual clanging and rattle of the plates on the bar. Also, why a 6ft bar? Busted ...in my view.

sliding the bar depends on the rack and the material...and clanging of plates depends on what kind of plates etc...so you cant really call it fake by those two factors.

as for fake or not i dont know..incredibly strong if real..

the question i have is why do all these kinds of clips have the same music, in this case i think i heard this song used in like 1000 different lifting videos

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 03:22:09 PM »
Might want to look again....the plates and bar are moving a couple of inches sideways, with not much effort on his part. Sliding the bar, with 405, does not depend on the rack...WTF. There will be sound, even with bumper rubber. That jr high music covers every thing, on purpose....fake. Good Luck.
F

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 03:28:13 PM »
Might want to look again....the plates and bar are moving a couple of inches sideways, with not much effort on his part. Sliding the bar, with 405, does not depend on the rack...WTF. There will be sound, even with bumper rubber. That jr high music covers every thing, on purpose....fake. Good Luck.

i dont agree with you..i have seen several racks where the bar can move sideways..some even have rotating things which allows it. you can not tell from the factors you mention that this is fake. (which it very well might be).

as for sound from weights, same thing you cant tell. music can be only music. plates can be basically soundless or not. can not draw any kind of definitive conclusions from the info you supply.

how do you meen good luck?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 03:45:05 PM »
BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Couple of clowns. Not even worth discussing....

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 05:24:30 PM »
IMO, sliding 405lbs doesn't happen easily, no matter the rack or material, at least no 405 that I have ever moved.

Unless there are more videos of this guy doing similar weights, I'm with jpm on this, fake.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 09:48:07 PM »
There's another video of this guy easily doing 275 for 50 (half-)reps at the Arnold.

Although unless those are 100-lb plates I don't see 275 on the bar.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 10:58:24 PM »
Its hard to tell if those are wheels or not...

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 11:12:39 AM »
hahaha you guys are ridiculous.

allen baria is the real deal...and does 705 EFFORTLESSLY in a loose single ply shirt.

all the man does is bench press and yes..the videos are legit. How could you see him move the bar around effortlessly and then watch him bench 405 for 25 and not think he's strong enough to just fuck around with the bar in the rack to get it positioned the way he wants it?  all of a sudden it's fake?

getbig....buster of myth's since whenever the fuck.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 11:27:29 AM »
hahaha you guys are ridiculous.

allen baria is the real deal...and does 705 EFFORTLESSLY in a loose single ply shirt.

all the man does is bench press and yes..the videos are legit. How could you see him move the bar around effortlessly and then watch him bench 405 for 25 and not think he's strong enough to just fuck around with the bar in the rack to get it positioned the way he wants it?  all of a sudden it's fake?

getbig....buster of myth's since whenever the fuck.
Pretty defensive there wicked, is he a friend of yours?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 11:38:56 AM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 01:31:06 PM »
Pretty defensive there wicked, is he a friend of yours?

lol oh no...

this is just the kinda shit you hear clowns living around the bench instead of on it at the local planet fitness gym-jawing about. If they can't do it with a half rep there's no way someone can do it full range adn 25 times.

you know what i mean?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 01:46:50 PM »
lol oh no...

this is just the kinda shit you hear clowns living around the bench instead of on it at the local planet fitness gym-jawing about. If they can't do it with a half rep there's no way someone can do it full range adn 25 times.

you know what i mean?

It's not every day you see someone manhandle 405 like that, so it's difficult to believe, until someone can back up the video. Since nobody could back it up I had to look for the info myself, now I wasted 3 minutes of my life to find out he's legit.

Best I've seen in the gym is 405 for 10.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 02:06:24 PM »
Guy`s a fucking animal!!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 08:38:16 AM »

i know its now been prooved that he is actualy a mutant and you were wrong, but i was thinking about the moving on the rack statement... ive never touched 4 plates in my life, but i could manage 3 plates when my shoulders were healthy, and i could easily move the bar around on the rack, and that was a weight i could manage for a handfull of reps, never mind 25....  food for thought for the resident 'experts'

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 09:23:46 AM »
local hero: let's not get bitter my friend. GB is just a backwater posting board on the vast internet. Nothing too important to worry about here. Just my view of the video and than you have yours.

If you, local hero, could move (he did slide 405) 3 plates when healthy, as easily as the stud in the video  than more props to you. For what's it's worth, you have my respect. 

Never applied for the "expert" job on this board. Only some experience (meager or not) with weight and sport training was offered. Never tried to whore out a personal web site or gym, sell any equipment, training course or engaged in a shameless plug for any product I just might be selling. All these things, some guy's get away with on GB. Only thing I care to offer about myself is that I live in the San Diego area of SoCal, USA. And may be of Polynesian decent. I am really a pretty private person. So Good luck to you local hero.

F

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 11:57:11 AM »
There's another video of this guy easily doing 275 for 50 (half-)reps at the Arnold.

Although unless those are 100-lb plates I don't see 275 on the bar.
Yes, those are 100lb plates.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 02:37:58 PM »
local hero: let's not get bitter my friend. GB is just a backwater posting board on the vast internet. Nothing too important to worry about here. Just my view of the video and than you have yours.

If you, local hero, could move (he did slide 405) 3 plates when healthy, as easily as the stud in the video  than more props to you. For what's it's worth, you have my respect.  

Never applied for the "expert" job on this board. Only some experience (meager or not) with weight and sport training was offered. Never tried to whore out a personal web site or gym, sell any equipment, training course or engaged in a shameless plug for any product I just might be selling. All these things, some guy's get away with on GB. Only thing I care to offer about myself is that I live in the San Diego area of SoCal, USA. And may be of Polynesian decent. I am really a pretty private person. So Good luck to you local hero.

yes but i told you; you were drawing too big conclusions from limited information. could have been fake or not. point was the information wasnt enough to draw conclusions from. almost same thing as gauging squat depth from only a picture.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 06:27:56 PM »
Another impressive vid........

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »

If you, local hero, could move (he did slide 405) 3 plates when healthy, as easily as the stud in the video  than more props to you. For what's it's worth, you have my respect.  

its ok, im just a daft shipyard fitter from newcastle england... most things said on here are tounge in cheek, can be lost in the text..

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 07:43:31 PM »

its ok, im just a daft shipyard fitter from newcastle england... most things said on here are tounge in cheek, can be lost in the text..
PM ClavinH on how to not fuck up the quote function. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!