Author Topic: 210 X 9  (Read 1791 times)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
210 X 9
« on: December 19, 2009, 04:31:02 PM »

may be a repost

nolotil

• Getbig III
Re: 210 X 9
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 04:35:36 PM »
very very strong..but this is ego lifting not bodybuilding training

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 05:11:50 PM »
Why is everything in that gym pink?

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 08:23:56 AM »
Considering what passes for rep's (on those failed gym video's that are posted on GB) now day's, very impressive. Even touching the DB's together at the top, which most do not do. All with out spotters and bad music in the background. Good Luck.
F

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 10:52:16 AM »
The best reps I`ve ever seen with that kind of weight.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 02:49:53 PM »
very very strong..but this is ego lifting not bodybuilding training
Ya......i hear that, but this guys a powerlifter. ALSO, ive been thinking about it, and i know ive made quite a few comments about people trying to lift real heavy weights and calling it "EGO LIFTING". BUT, What really is EGO TRAINING/LIFTING? What if someone truly has the strength to lift heavy? What about people who have been doing Bodybuilding training for years and years and years, and no longer find 3,4,5 plates a side no longer a challenge because theyve been doing it for so long?? and start to venture into powerlifting/strongman training?? Maybe the rest of us, are just intimidated/jealous that they are lifting soo dam heavy and it dont look like a challenge for them, so we label them "ego-lifters". ??? ???

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 03:02:44 PM »
Ya......i hear that, but this guys a powerlifter. ALSO, ive been thinking about it, and i know ive made quite a few comments about people trying to lift real heavy weights and calling it "EGO LIFTING". BUT, What really is EGO TRAINING/LIFTING? What if someone truly has the strength to lift heavy? What about people who have been doing Bodybuilding training for years and years and years, and no longer find 3,4,5 plates a side no longer a challenge because theyve been doing it for so long?? and start to venture into powerlifting/strongman training?? Maybe the rest of us, are just intimidated/jealous that they are lifting soo dam heavy and it dont look like a challenge for them, so we label them "ego-lifters". ??? ???

certainly there is truth in your post. for a natural i certainly think progressive strength increases are necessary (but the training should be planned and not just random heavy training). but for bodybuilders who are huge and on steroids and already lifting insane weights they have to carefully think about what their goal is. as risk of injury goes up when you liftin very very heavy weights.