Author Topic: Leg training and the "defeatist" philosophy  (Read 6877 times)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: Leg training and the "defeatist" philosophy
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2010, 08:37:13 AM »

I definitely have a better workout, especially on legs, if I push myself. I'll dread walking in the gym and knocking out what I have planned out, but if the weight is too heavy or I can't get the reps I wanted, maybe even if I do get the reps I'll decide in that set I want two more....if I push myself, I and succeed I think it's a "success breeds success" kind of thing. And that helps me have a much better workout, physically and mentally.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: Leg training and the "defeatist" philosophy
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2010, 05:57:55 PM »
Here lately I just go directly to the squat rack to get it over with. I will warmup with the bar and then just start rockin out with my co..

wait.

What I meant is, I go for the hardest part of the leg workout instantly. I try to find enjoyment in it, but I'm huffing and puffing, guzzling water and feeling light-headed. I am too distracted to enjoy it.

I continue to wobble out of the gym. My legs just kind of "give out" when I am trying to walk normally. I feel like I have accomplished something important... besides the fact that everyone else in my gym is curling and pressing..

If it werent for me, my gym wouldnt have a squat rack.