Author Topic: A little power building split that I came up with  (Read 2624 times)

Yev33

• Getbig III
A little power building split that I came up with
« on: December 30, 2009, 09:16:36 PM »
The temlate
workout 1               workout 2               workout 3
pull A                     Push A                   Lower A
back horizontal rows Overhead press        Quads
back vertical pulls     Chest                     Hamstrings
traps                      Tricep Compound      Abs
biceps                    Tricep Extention        Calves

workout 4                workout 5               workout 6
Pull B                      Push B                    Lower B
Back vertical pulls     Chest press              Quads
back horizontal rows  Shoulders                Hamstrings
rear delts                 Tricep Compound      abs
brachiallis                 Tricep Extention       calves

Thats one cycle

Heavy phase: 6 sets of 4-6 reps pyramiding up in weight
on the first movement of each workout
first three cycles heavy movements are for pull A
Lower A and push B
second three cycles are for push A, pull B, and Lower B
during the heavy phase all other movements are done for
4 sets of 8-12 reps pyramyding up in weight

During the first three cycles of the heavy phase Lower A template is Deadlifts
                                                                                            Quads
                                                                                            Abs
                                                                                            calves
during the second three cycles of the heavy phase use the regular template of quads
                                                                                                          hamstrings
                                                                                                          abs
                                                                                                          calves

The last three cycles                                                                             
Medium Phase
all movements are done for 4 sets of 6-9 reps once again pyramiding
up in weight, on the first movemement do about 5-6 sets of pyramiding
up in weight to warm up properly depending on how strong you are
You pyramid up the weight during the whole program for all movements
while staying in the perscribed rep range, so if yo are pyramyding up in
the 4-6 range for example you will never do more than 6 reps per set. The first sets
will feel light and on the last couple of sets you should be hitting
failure in the perscribed rep range. For example you are planning
on squatting 405 in the 4-6 rep range, it would look something like
this
135 for 6
225 for 6
315 for 6
365 for 6
385 for 4-6 this should be a challenging set
405 for 4-5   
If you plan on doing deadlifts in the 6-9 rep range just use this                    deadlifts     
template for lower A                    quads     
                          abs   
                          calves

I don't like doing deadlifts in the 8-12 rep range thats why I don't include them
in the second three cycles where you would be doing the lower A workout in the
8-12 rep range from the first to the last movement. But if you do decide to include
deadlifts put them first in the workout and then follow them up with hamstrings,
abs, and calves and always put them in the lower A, you don't wanna be doing your first
compound horizontal rowing movements the following workout after you have blasted
your lower back with deads, this goes for the 6-9 rep range as well. I don't recommend
doing deadlifts during the whole 12 week cycle because it's just too much accumulated
stress and your lower back takes longer to recover than any other bodypart

The program is designed for 4 days a week so its best to train on two consecutive
days only twice per week. The program lasts 12 weeks after which you take a full
week off. If you are supposed to train on say tuesday and you feel like shit
take that day off and come back on wednesday and just pick up right where you left
off and next week come back to your regular routine. You are basically cycling 3 days
to work your whole body during a four day training week which means that you will
be hitting each bodypart once every 5 days.
Brachiallis work is basically stuff like hammer curls, reverse curls etc., any elbow
flexion movement where your palms are NOT supinated
Tricep compound work is anything like dips, close grip benches, floor presses, etc.
Tricep extention work is stuff like skull crushers, push downs, seated tricep extentions etc.

I know that it seems complicated, I tried to lay it out the best I could you should have seen my
note pad that I was writing it up on, it was a fucking mess

Let me know what you guys think    

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: A little power building split that I came up with
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 10:55:17 PM »
Cliffs? Pics?

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 11:13:06 PM »
Cliffs? Pics?

Sorry thats about as condensed as I can make it, basic principles are cycling heavy movements, working in various rep ranges at different points of the 12 week plan and higher frequency with lower volume.  It looks like a lot of reading but it's really not, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, unless youre dyslexic  ;D

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 11:23:36 PM »
just skimmed over it but if you are suggesting working out 6 days a week for strength you are an idiot

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 11:38:02 PM »
just skimmed over it but if you are suggesting working out 6 days a week for strength you are an idiot

You must have skimmed over the part where I said its a 4 day a week split, you finish one cycle of the six workouts in roughly a week and a half.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 08:23:26 AM »
Personal view: K.I.S.S..

Periodization has been around, in many forms, for years. If this style works for Yev33, than good for him. Good Luck.
F

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 11:16:43 AM »
Yeah I know it's a clusterfuck to read, but I didn't come up with it just for the sake of complexity. I was getting stuck on plateaus and it was almost getting to the point where if I did the same workout for a bodypart more than twice in a row my performance would either drop or remain exactly the same. So I tried to take all of the concepts that I have found to work and tried to turn it into a program. Training every muscle group no less than once every 3-5 days, incuding heavy basic lifts above the 90% one rep max range, cycling heavy and lighter workouts. I was hesitant to post it but I figured if it could help out someone else why not. Also you don't have to use the pyramid scheme for the sets, you can do sets with the same weight
for all of the sets 4x10 etc.. Another thing I found to work well on the heavy lifts is pyramyding sets of 5 reps until you get to a set where u fail on rep 3 or 4 and try to beat that next workout.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 01:19:39 PM »
wow...why must people complicate training....lift with intensity...stop when you feel death approaching....and hit all the muscles....

bench

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 09:27:01 PM »
wow...why must people complicate training....lift with intensity...stop when you feel death approaching....and hit all the muscles....

bench

If that works for you then I totally agree, why complicate things. Thats what I used to do until I stalled out a couple of years ago and started to expirement with periodization. Progress picked up again, im 100% natural so if I can't add weight to the bar my body does absolutely nothing in terms of growth. I was able to put on 50lbs doing exactly what you are saying, was getting bigger and stronger. Then I hit a plateu for a whole year thinking that I can work through it.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 09:41:04 PM »
If that works for you then I totally agree, why complicate things. Thats what I used to do until I stalled out a couple of years ago and started to expirement with periodization. Progress picked up again, im 100% natural so if I can't add weight to the bar my body does absolutely nothing in terms of growth. I was able to put on 50lbs doing exactly what you are saying, was getting bigger and stronger. Then I hit a plateu for a whole year thinking that I can work through it.
when i hit a plateu i workout less...i stop growing usually because the body needs rest....still with the same intesity.and sets...but less excercises.....i always do a lot of reps...but i never count them...

bench

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 10:03:01 PM »
when i hit a plateu i workout less...i stop growing usually because the body needs rest....still with the same intesity.and sets...but less excercises.....i always do a lot of reps...but i never count them...

bench

Totally agree with this, I remember when I cut my training days form 5 days to 3 per week I was setting PR's in almost every movement for about a month, also put on 5lbs of bodyweight, probably only half of it was muscle though. Never realized how badly I was simply burnt out.