Author Topic: Benchpressing 530lbs RAW! Is this years goal.  (Read 7030 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Benchpressing 530lbs RAW! Is this years goal.
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2010, 01:22:32 PM »
BLACK POWER 8)
I thought you were white.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2010, 02:33:58 PM »
I thought you were white.

Black power anyway ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2010, 02:35:05 PM »
Black power anyway ;D
Just messing with you man, keep up the good work

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 02:40:06 PM »
Very impressive lifts, adrian.  Made 450 look easy.

heretostay13

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 02:53:11 PM »
Good lifts man. Great arms too. Know how it is to try to lift heavy with everyone bailing on you around the holidays.

adrain

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 04:06:37 PM »
Very impressive lifts, adrian.  Made 450 look easy.
Thanks Hulk

adrain

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2010, 04:09:52 PM »
Good lifts man. Great arms too. Know how it is to try to lift heavy with everyone bailing on you around the holidays.
Thanks, yea u need a partner with the same hunger and drive.  It's hard to find at times

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2010, 04:57:18 PM »
Any helpful tips, techniques, work regiments, and advice towards helping me reach my goals would be appreciated.  Thanks

No joke, but I'd hit up Kevin Levrone on his blog. That man was the master of bench press. He'll give you solid advice. Thing is though, I don't think you're on here for advice. If you got to 500 pounds RAW by yourself, you obviously know what you're doing. I think you're just on here to brag, which is fine (you've earned the right to do so), but just be honest about your REAL intentions bro.

adrain

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2010, 06:31:49 PM »
No joke, but I'd hit up Kevin Levrone on his blog. That man was the master of bench press. He'll give you solid advice. Thing is though, I don't think you're on here for advice. If you got to 500 pounds RAW by yourself, you obviously know what you're doing. I think you're just on here to brag, which is fine (you've earned the right to do so), but just be honest about your REAL intentions bro.
Not bragging!  I've been pressing around this much for awhile now, I'm trying to improve, so advise is what I'm asking for.  Can always learn from others.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2010, 06:48:18 PM »
Any helpful tips, techniques, work regiments, and advice towards helping me reach my goals would be appreciated.  Thanks

Some good tips on what not to do here:

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2010, 06:56:58 PM »
500lbs raw w/ no lift off is sick!

How old are you Adrian?

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2010, 08:46:26 PM »
Not bragging!  I've been pressing around this much for awhile now, I'm trying to improve, so advise is what I'm asking for.  Can always learn from others.

If u wanna lift big, change gym, change benchpress technique and and start work out in a powerlifting club. U have to chose, powerlifting or bodybuilding. U cant have whole the cake.

adrain

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2010, 08:54:40 PM »
If u wanna lift big, change gym, change benchpress technique and and start work out in a powerlifting club. U have to chose, powerlifting or bodybuilding. U cant have whole the cake.
So I can't improve my max rep while being a bodybuilder? I can't work at getting stronger while being a bodybuilder? I can see learning new techniques, but having to change gyms?

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2010, 09:12:32 PM »
 Not bad, congratulations.
 I have a friend and he can bench 5 plates, but that was his 3th exercise for chest and he did 3 sets of 8.
 I'm not bashing you.

Gracie Rules

adrain

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2010, 11:33:24 PM »
Not bad, congratulations.
 I have a friend and he can bench 5 plates, but that was his 3th exercise for chest and he did 3 sets of 8.
 I'm not bashing you.

AWESOME!

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2010, 11:49:19 PM »
Any helpful tips, techniques, work regiments, and advice towards helping me reach my goals would be appreciated.  Thanks

you're very strong. keep filming yourself and post up the vid of 500 pounds slamming into your torso after your pec snaps.. moron  :)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2010, 12:15:22 AM »
Some good tips on what not to do here:

Thanks for the tips there  , though that guy was getting out of breath just talking , PL'S eh

adrain

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2010, 06:51:47 AM »
you're very strong. keep filming yourself and post up the vid of 500 pounds slamming into your torso after your pec snaps.. moron  :)
Lol! I'm a moron cause I max out? Ooook!  I've lifted heavy for over 8 years already, I stay within the 2-4-6 rep range on my compound lifts, so this isn't something new for me! Don't most lifters know their max on lifts?  Or do u guess what it is?

SweetGeez

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2010, 08:08:05 AM »
Tell that to J Jackson!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2010, 09:25:01 AM »
Lol! I'm a moron cause I max out? Ooook!  I've lifted heavy for over 8 years already, I stay within the 2-4-6 rep range on my compound lifts, so this isn't something new for me! Don't most lifters know their max on lifts?  Or do u guess what it is?

keep doin what your doin bro it seems to be workin....however I think most people are referring to your lack of a spotter...I did a successfull max bench of 350lbs last week with no lift & no spot,but I did it inside the squat/power rack....had the bars set to wear they were just barely below my chest but if I didn't get the lift i could have easily rolled the bar towards the neck & been fine....but worse yet is if you were to suffer an injury during a lift like that.....you may have done it a million times before but it only takes once and your life could be over..... good luck with your goals man...
DAWG

adrain

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2010, 09:38:16 AM »
keep doin what your doin bro it seems to be workin....however I think most people are referring to your lack of a spotter...I did a successfull max bench of 350lbs last week with no lift & no spot,but I did it inside the squat/power rack....had the bars set to wear they were just barely below my chest but if I didn't get the lift i could have easily rolled the bar towards the neck & been fine....but worse yet is if you were to suffer an injury during a lift like that.....you may have done it a million times before but it only takes once and your life could be over..... good luck with your goals man...
Thanks brah!  Real talk I can see the point you made, it was a bit dangerous, not something I always do with that much weight. I felt strong so I went for it.  Good luck to u and your goals aswell

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2010, 09:52:38 AM »
Great Lift.

We have those same "Epic" Bench's in our gym and they are shit. You have to roll your shoulders just to get it off the rack

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2010, 10:04:31 AM »
JOJ has the whole cake.

Adrian, i'd hit up Johnnie Jackson for advice as well.
Sick lift man, just sick...inspired me as well. Hope you SURPASSED 530 by the end of the year.

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2010, 10:07:58 AM »
strong bencher!

adrain

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2010, 04:18:37 PM »
JOJ has the whole cake.

Adrian, i'd hit up Johnnie Jackson for advice as well.
Sick lift man, just sick...inspired me as well. Hope you SURPASSED 530 by the end of the year.
Ill see if I can get a reply from him. And thanks for the kind words, I'll see how far I can go