Author Topic: Thank God he's okay!  (Read 20500 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Thank God he's okay!
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2010, 08:50:10 AM »
i doubt too many people are content to stay on welfare for long
i think the problem is people have a hard time giving up their previous standard of living
its not that they abuse the system but use tax money for superfilious things they used to use their own money for
As I said in another thread, being poor in a rich country sucks. So people overcompensate.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2010, 09:01:33 AM »
As I said in another thread, being poor in a rich country sucks. So people overcompensate.

It's not like they don't have a choice. And because they made the wrong choice wealthy or people that are better off should have to pay? What kind of logic is that?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2010, 09:35:03 AM »
And why shouldn't they deny coverage? Any good business should be looking out for their profit line.

let's privatize fire houses!!!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2010, 09:39:46 AM »
Ha! Firehouses used to be private concerns back in the day. You can guess how that went -ie. 'not one of houses boys, ease back.'   ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2010, 09:59:57 AM »
It's not like they don't have a choice. And because they made the wrong choice wealthy or people that are better off should have to pay? What kind of logic is that?
much is expected from those who have been given so much. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2010, 10:21:41 AM »
Givin what? I'm pretty sure not too much was "givin" to anyone. Wealthy people in business for the most part worked their asses off to get where they are. Middle class people who own homes and have assets worked for that. The same opportunity is there for everyone.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2010, 10:25:23 AM »
Givin what? I'm pretty sure not too much was "givin" to anyone. Wealthy people in business for the most part worked their asses off to get where they are. Middle class people who own homes and have assets worked for that. The same opportunity is there for everyone.
OK  I GOT IT....you're not conservative...your CHEAP!   lol

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2010, 10:33:41 AM »
Did you write that with a straight face!? I don't doubt you've worked hard, Coach, but to not acknowledge how good you have it (and have had it) is disgraceful. The old saw 'nobody steps harder on his fellow man than self-righteousness' seems appropriate here. 

Whatever happened to goodness, civility and graciousness? How'd we lose that? 

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2010, 10:34:26 AM »

Ah, fire houses are currently government owned, last I knew most insurance companies weren't  ::)

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2010, 10:37:10 AM »
Health care is NOT a right, it's a product.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2010, 10:59:59 AM »
Did you write that with a straight face!? I don't doubt you've worked hard, Coach, but to not acknowledge how good you have it (and have had it) is disgraceful. The old saw 'nobody steps harder on his fellow man than self-righteousness' seems appropriate here.  

Whatever happened to goodness, civility and graciousness? How'd we lose that?  

Why is it so hard to take a pragmatic, (or dare I say Machiavellian), view of the world? What is ideal, is rarely what is practical or efficient, and to try and interject altruism in discussions of economics, politics, etc, is often a mistake, regardless of how well intentioned.

We as individuals, should be helping each other. We as individuals should be civil, and giving, and walk in love towards one another, but to try to leglistate, or incorporate a giving/altruistic attitude in discussions such as this, is absurd.

In other words, if we shift social responsibility to the realm of the autonomous individual, rather then try to be lazy and try to differ it as some nebulous responsibility of the "government," then we would be in much better shape.  

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2010, 11:12:04 AM »
And why shouldn't they deny coverage? Any good business should be looking out for their profit line.

maybe you're misunderstanding the concept of denying coverage.  its not you apply for insurance and they turn you down before you pay your first premium.  Its that you pay your premiums for years and years, and then they turn you away saying Hey we didn't think you were really going to get sick.  you get a serious disease and they'll do their best to find a reason to restrict or cancel your coverage.   We don't think the liver transplant your doctors recommend is the right thing to do.  or  Hey you didn't disclose that your 4th grade school nurse wrote down she thought you might have asthma.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2010, 12:09:04 PM »
maybe you're misunderstanding the concept of denying coverage.  its not you apply for insurance and they turn you down before you pay your first premium.  Its that you pay your premiums for years and years, and then they turn you away saying Hey we didn't think you were really going to get sick.   you get a serious disease and they'll do their best to find a reason to cancel your coverage.  Hey you didn't disclose that your 4th grade school nurse wrote down she thought you might have asthma.
This is after they treated you for whatever you are currently sick for yes and continue to treat you for same illness yes? I think if you failed to disclose a pre-existing illness then yes they have the right to dump you.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2010, 12:11:41 PM »
Why is it so hard to take a pragmatic, (or dare I say Machiavellian), view of the world? What is ideal, is rarely what is practical or efficient, and to try and interject altruism in discussions of economics, politics, etc, is often a mistake, regardless of how well intentioned.

We as individuals, should be helping each other. We as individuals should be civil, and giving, and walk in love towards one another, but to try to leglistate, or incorporate a giving/altruistic attitude in discussions such as this, is absurd.

In other words, if we shift social responsibility to the realm of the autonomous individual, rather then try to be lazy and try to differ it as some nebulous responsibility of the "government," then we would be in much better shape.  
concepts alien to The Coach

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2010, 12:13:55 PM »
This is after they treated you for whatever you are currently sick for yes and continue to treat you for same illness yes?

please parse that for me

I think if you failed to disclose a pre-existing illness then yes they have the right to dump you.

there are examples of insurance companies using unrelated childhood diseases to deny coverage for liver transplants and breast cancer chemo.    how can you disclose what your childhood doctor wrote in his records?

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2010, 12:17:16 PM »
there are examples of insurance companies using unrelated childhood diseases to deny coverage for liver transplants and breast cancer chemo.    how can you disclose what your childhood doctor wrote in his records?

Well if the insurance company can get that info(what your childhood doctor wrote in his records)then you should've before applying for insurance.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2010, 12:20:19 PM »
Well if the insurance company can get that info(what your childhood doctor wrote in his records)then you should've before applying for insurance.

You are a retard .

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2010, 12:23:58 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2010, 12:37:04 PM »
What happend to goodness and civility? Are you kidding? If I CHOOSE to give my money away it should me MY decision not the governments. I give a shit load (freely) to cherity every year and every chance I get. As for me not working..how in the hell do you think I support my family, make house payments, insurance, private school, etc, etc. I work damn hard to provide the luxuries I feel my family deserves. For 5 years it was just me and son before I re-married, you don't think I had to work my ass of 14hrs a day for that? That's only half, I brought my self and my son to a different level BECAUSE I worked (and still work) my ass off. Check yourself Chimps before you judge so quickly!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2010, 12:41:42 PM »
The reality is that most people aren't left or rightwing partisans. They fall somewhere in the middle and don't give a shit about Limbaugh one way or another.

Your fanboy attitude towards Limbaugh reminds me of the movie "A Bronx Tale," in which the kid was a big Yankee fan until the Chaz Palmenteri shut him down by saying, "If your father loses his job is Mickey Mantle gonna pay your rent?"
awesome

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2010, 01:20:39 PM »

Still waiting for an answer from the Good primate Dr.  :D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2010, 01:26:38 PM »
i doubt too many people are content to stay on welfare for long

I don't want to call this retarded, but I'm having trouble finding another term.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2010, 01:42:35 PM »
Good thing Rush lived in a country with private insurance or else he would still be waiting to get an appt to see the doctor. 

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2010, 01:53:35 PM »
Good thing Rush lived in a country with private insurance or else he would still be waiting to get an appt to see the doctor. 
Most countries in the world have private insurance ,and they coexist with  the goverment managed system.

Hope this helps

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2010, 01:59:50 PM »
Most countries in the world have private insurance ,and they coexist with  the goverment managed system.

Hope this helps
Oh, so the rich get good medical care and the poor have to wait in line to hopefully someday see a doctor because they are on crappy socialized healthcare?