Author Topic: Cardio  (Read 3633 times)

Big-C

• Getbig II
Cardio
« on: January 06, 2010, 04:36:46 PM »
 Sup fellas, i was wondering what the negatives would be from doing like 30 mins of cardio right after weight training... I figure i carb up for lifting and by the time cardio comes after lifting i should be able to burn fat and not carbs...make sense?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: Cardio
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 05:21:37 PM »
It's a theory that's been around for awhile.

Personally, the only thing I do after I'm done with my weight workouts is leave the gym. I'm one of those guys that can easily overtrain and under-eat, so cardio at this point would only be detrimental for me.

If you have weight (fat) issues, by all means do your cardio after weights.. and early in the AM when you get up... and maybe once before bed.

Depends on where your bodyfat levels are and what your "goals" (I hate that fucking word) are. Objectives. That's it.

Gotta be careful though, wouldn't want to get all crossed up with the forum's "perma-bulkers"

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 06:35:39 PM »
just do the cardio, better then being fat.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 08:13:58 PM »
just do the cardio, better then being fat.
agreed...hell, you might end up liking it...

bench

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 10:49:32 PM »
Cardio after weight training is a great idea. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 11:13:14 PM »
You shouldnt have to think about it, just do it, you have so many options, the treadmill, the crosstrainer, row machine, dont be scared to put some effort in you may lose weight and look better.

cardio is good for the heart, detoxed the body, keeps fat at bay..and loses it if you do it properly and consistently..why would u wanna be fat, chubby, that sign of weakness, dont let yourself go, im seeing guys in there early 20's with guts, makes me sick..and also pick one thing in your diet that u know is bad for u and quit it...i did, i quit whitebread, 2 weeks later i look leaner and the pussy magnet is on max.

moral of the story is do cardio please.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 12:43:21 AM »
I forget that most everybody drinks at one point or another, some more than others.

I am no angel, but I have never had a drop of alcohol in my life. I guess that may also be a contributing factor in why I never have gut issues.

I think the girls should think about cardio too... they may be young, but they all have those love-handles these days too.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 03:08:36 AM »
I forget that most everybody drinks at one point or another, some more than others.

I am no angel, but I have never had a drop of alcohol in my life. I guess that may also be a contributing factor in why I never have gut issues.

I think the girls should think about cardio too... they may be young, but they all have those love-handles these days too.

i think as soon as u notice them u should do cardio, not wait a few months, the longer the fat has been there the harder it is to burn off, not impossible but harder.

i have been avoiding bread and chips, do cardio daily and feel and look fine.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 03:57:55 AM »
IMO,the best time is right after training.

Go for it dude!! 

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 07:15:47 AM »
I always wonder: does cardio directly burn fat as some say? Or is just the higher calorie expenditure?

Could I get the same results with weight training alone and a calorie reduction in diet?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 08:35:34 AM »
I always wonder: does cardio directly burn fat as some say? Or is just the higher calorie expenditure?

Could I get the same results with weight training alone and a calorie reduction in diet?

Another loaded question...

Here's the thing: The body doesn't use any specific energy pathway exclusively at anytime. In other words, there are always numerous forms of energy and 'pathways' being utilized/burned/transformed/combined.

Now, if you were to ask if one form of energy might be used more than another in a specific type of exercise, the answer would have to be 'yes'--but for how long?

So many variables. Availability comes to mind. Nutrition. What will your body most likely use based on what energy it has available?

Do an exhaustive study on energy pathways and see what you come up with.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 04:44:33 PM »
IMO,the best time is right after training.

Go for it dude!! 

no you should eat right after training.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 04:47:45 PM »

yes you could,, main thing with cardio is that you burn calories. create caloric deficit and workout heavy to keep your muscles and eat alot of protein, this is how you diet,. if you wanna do cardio you can but dont do too much and be careful with high intensity cardio, i would avoid it completely and just do walking as cardio if you wanna do it

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 06:32:55 PM »
Train,cardio,eat.........in that order.  :)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 06:42:01 PM »
just did 20mins of cardio, feel so much better, my skin looks good too.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 07:22:27 PM »
Train,cardio,eat.........in that order.  :)

no 'nolotil' is correct, why would you delay eating after a workout? and so what if you burn a few extra grams of fat by doing the cardio after the workout? it will still come down to the caloric deficit you achieve. get your protein in as fast as possible after a workout and do the cardio at some other time during the day (or even another day...or no cardio at all, as you dont have to do cardio to get ripped).

another aspect is that too intensive cardio after a workout may interfere with the 'growth signal'.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 10:19:43 PM »
I am assuming your bodyfat levels are higher than you like them to be?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 03:31:25 AM »
Waiting 30 minutes before eating(after cardio) is not going to make any difference at all in your progress...........trust me on that.

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 05:10:31 AM »
yes you could,, main thing with cardio is that you burn calories. create caloric deficit and workout heavy to keep your muscles and eat alot of protein, this is how you diet,. if you wanna do cardio you can but dont do too much and be careful with high intensity cardio, i would avoid it completely and just do walking as cardio if you wanna do it

Ok, thanks a lot for your answer.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 01:36:22 AM »
im starting next week and believe me, cant wait.  8)