Author Topic: A Cool Dorian Video  (Read 69707 times)

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
Re: A Cool Dorian Video
« Reply #825 on: January 29, 2010, 07:12:26 AM »
I think you already know the answer to that question, however il answer anyway, Dorian's forte was and always was his CONSISTENT conditioning...the 1 thing 98% of the others top guys back then missed (momo included) if you show up one day looking awesome with conditioning and win....obviously YOU have set the Bar not only for yourself but the others...so the next time you come in looking not as Conditioned as before and holding alittle water...the judges say "hes outta shape"

Yes Doria'ns back improved from 1990 to 1991....that was the 1 point that was raised after he lost to momo if you want to make direct comparisons between momo and Yates, yates muscular bulk and his conditioning in 1991 was on par with his 1990 NOC showing even though Dorian was several lbs heavier etc,etc

You know as well as i do your skeletal structure is there...that doesn't change, what does change is the condition of your physique from show to show....Dorian was more Consistent for the standard he set for himself and the others, he obviously did it better than the others... History shows this to be true 6 Times in a row.

Well what you're saying in this post is true. But your previous post seemed to claim that the relative sizes of different bodyparts don't matter, which is why I pointed to Momo beating Dorian on what most people agreed to be mostly back size/detail issues. I think since there are different poses which showcase particular bodyparts with competitors side by side it does become important who has the biggest most ripped whatever. Obviously flow and proportion within the physique are important too, but you still get people like Joel Stubbs winning certain back shots and losing ab and thigh shots, so it does come into play. Of course if you have amazing symmetry then smaller quads may be overlooked if they fit the physique perfectly, but in the 2004 Olympia challenge round Dexter's seemingly superior ab and thigh got beat by Ronnie because even with his distended gut Ronnie's quads were just 3 times bigger and they had to give it to Ronnie.

I suppose there's loads of examples each way, but clearly bodypart comparisons do matter. Skeleton-wise: Jay has short legs, Ronnie and Arnie had long legs, Dorian was somewhere in between. You can be Mr Olympia either way with big/conditioned enough muscles.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #826 on: January 29, 2010, 02:20:26 PM »
LOL from ND? might as well learn from a 3 year old.. :-\

ps the issue about the quote is not whether or not shawn was correct, but whether or not the quote was stated. I was accused of making it up, which obviously and as always was not true.

the nuthuggers are always trying to catch me in some sort of lie or posting some sort of fake pic, but in several years of trying, they always come up short.

and for good reason. I never do.

end of story. ::)

its just another tactic in a long futile argument to argue that dorian is better than ronnie..

You're a liar an exposed liar it's old news and if you think you can type your way out of it you can't

You stupidly claimed Dorian's conditioning when he added more weight from 1992 to 1993 suffered for it and you claimed Shawn Ray even mentioned Dorian's loss of hardness in the Flex magazine contest review , you ignorantly thinking no one would call you on your made up quote , I have the magazine and busted you

NO WHERE does he mention Dorian's ' loss of hardness ' you made that up and I busted you. Do yourself a favor stick your tail between your legs and go lick your wounds and go hi-jack another thread

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #827 on: January 29, 2010, 02:36:45 PM »
shawn said it about Yates at the 94.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #828 on: January 29, 2010, 03:41:07 PM »
There was a comment from Shawn Ray about Dorian Yates' "loss of hardness" in 93 but it didn't appear in the Olympia review. It appeared in Flex Magazine a month or two after the review. I still have the mag in my collection but can't get it to scan the article right now.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #829 on: January 29, 2010, 03:50:18 PM »
There was a comment from Shawn Ray about Dorian Yates' "loss of hardness" in 93 but it didn't appear in the Olympia review. It appeared in Flex Magazine a month or two after the review. I still have the mag in my collection but can't get it to scan the article right now.

Even entertaining he did say it he's like Hulkster out of the realm of reality , he claimed he beat Dorian in every pose except the latspread in 1996  ::)

ronman Magazine Jan 1994

I.F.B.B. judge Roger Schwab

Man-mountain Dorian Yates was certainly the top gun in the 1993 Mr Olympia shootout. He was much bigger , better and harder than ever , and while his is never the prettiest physique on stage , he's assuredly the most God-awful muscular superman this sport has yet seen. Though Yates was lighter than Lou Ferrigno or Paul Dillett , he appeared to be the biggest man on stage-by far- and the hardest , dominating from beginning to end and every step in between.

There was NO loss of hardness even if he did say it

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #830 on: January 29, 2010, 04:59:36 PM »
Even entertaining he did say it he's like Hulkster out of the realm of reality , he claimed he beat Dorian in every pose except the latspread in 1996  ::)

ronman Magazine Jan 1994

I.F.B.B. judge Roger Schwab

Man-mountain Dorian Yates was certainly the top gun in the 1993 Mr Olympia shootout. He was much bigger , better and harder than ever , and while his is never the prettiest physique on stage , he's assuredly the most God-awful muscular superman this sport has yet seen. Though Yates was lighter than Lou Ferrigno or Paul Dillett , he appeared to be the biggest man on stage-by far- and the hardest , dominating from beginning to end and every step in between.

There was NO loss of hardness even if he did say it

Shawn Ray was a sore loser anyway. A few years later in 1997 he said that Yates' 93 form was unbeatable.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #831 on: January 30, 2010, 09:24:43 AM »
even when both are in offseason shape, its embarassing for yates:

especially considering that the nuthuggers are orgasming over pics like this of yates in the other thread LMAO:
Another typical Hulkster comparison -- the only way he can prove his point is to show an "off season" Ronnie (really close to contest condition) against a truly off-season Dorian.  Here's a much more fair comparison.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #832 on: January 30, 2010, 10:50:21 AM »
^

LOL no matter what pics you choose, dorian always gets crushed.

thanks for posting that.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #833 on: January 30, 2010, 11:26:04 AM »
^

thanks for posting that.
All I see is Dorian's superior structure, density, and balance crushings Ronnie's unbalanced mass of freaky bodyparts. ;D

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #834 on: January 30, 2010, 11:30:22 AM »
when I met Dorian he wasn't much more the 225 lbs and he looks like he was on crack.    He was very nice and took alot of pictures with me and my son.
I

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #835 on: January 30, 2010, 11:34:03 AM »
^

thanks for posting that.
Further proof of how biased you are....Dorian always gets crushed according to you regardless of how clear it is that he and Ronnie are neck-in-neck for the best ever.  Honestly, your credibility is waning by the second.  No one on here even takes you seriously anymore.

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #836 on: January 30, 2010, 01:43:51 PM »
Further proof of how biased you are....Dorian always gets crushed according to you regardless of how clear it is that he and Ronnie are neck-in-neck for the best ever.  Honestly, your credibility is waning by the second.  No one on here even takes you seriously anymore.

Hulkster will always be a total joke.  I mean he calls people nuthuggers which is very ironic seeing as how his infactuation with Ronnie far surpases anyone elses with Dorian or any other bodybuilder.  He refuses to see or acknowledge how great Dorian was despite the fact that EVERY industry insider, competitor, editor, writer and judge will consider him one of if the not the greatest of all time.  Hulkster is just a simple schmoe.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #837 on: January 30, 2010, 01:45:56 PM »
Hulkster will always be a total joke.  I mean he calls people nuthuggers which is very ironic seeing as how his infactuation with Ronnie far surpases anyone elses with Dorian or any other bodybuilder.  He refuses to see or acknowledge how great Dorian was despite the fact that EVERY industry insider, competitor, editor, writer and judge will consider him one of if the not the greatest of all time.  Hulkster is just a simple schmoe.

QFT  ;D

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #838 on: February 27, 2010, 09:35:56 AM »
Hulkster, while you are entitled to your opinion, you are such a troll.  The only way you can attempt to back up your bullshit claims is to make up what this or that magazine said, only to be proven completely wrong by  the truth.  It's fine that you obsessively hate Dorian, however, you constantly make an ass out of yourself doing so.

Was Dorian off in 94 compared to 93 and/or 95/96?  Yes, I think he was; tearing a bicep and ceasing training weeks before the contest will cause that.  Did he still deserve to win?  Absolutely--he completely outmassed Ray and was essentially equal on conditioning.  He was that good.  Face it.

1994 Dorian BUTCHERED the 1996 version of Dorian. NO CONTEST.