Author Topic: Muslims in Malaysia firebombing churches because of court ruling  (Read 2656 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
(CNN) -- Two more churches in Malaysia were firebombed Sunday, bringing the total to six since a court ruled that non-Muslims can use the word "Allah" as a term for God.

No one has been hurt in the attacks, which began Friday. They follow a high court's ruling that Christians can use the word "Allah" in literature printed in the country's official language, Malay.

In Malay, the word for God is "Allah," as it is in Arabic.

But many in the predominantly Muslim country, including the government, believe the word should be exclusive to Islam.

The government has banned the use of the word in Christian literature, saying it is likely to confuse Muslims and draw them to Christianity.

It has also appealed the high court's ruling.

The bombings may be an attempt to intimidate judges to overturn the decision, said the Rev. Hermen Shastri, general secretary of the Council of Churches in Malaysia.

Political leaders from a range of parties deplored the attacks on the churches.

Prime Minister Najib Razak visited one of the targeted churches on Saturday and called for calm.

Emphasizing his resolve to maintain ethnic and racial harmony in society, Najib also said the Muslim faith prohibits insulting other religions or destroying their sanctuaries.

In recent months, authorities in Malaysia have seized more than 20,000 Bibles because they refer to God as Allah.

The seizures have fed fears among minority groups, which see signs of encroaching Islamic fundamentalism in the predominantly Muslim but multiracial country.

A Roman Catholic weekly newspaper, The Herald, challenged the ban in court after the government threatened to revoke the newspaper's license for using the word in its Malay edition.

Hearings on the case went on for two years before the high court's ruling last week.

Malaysia has some of the tightest government restrictions on religion in the world, according to a study published last month by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life. The country was among the 10 most restrictive countries out of 175 in the survey.

But it had relatively low levels of social tension between religious groups, the report found. The Pew study covered events from mid-2006 to mid-2008.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/01/10/malaysia.church.bombings/index.html

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
Re: Muslims in Malaysia firebombing churches because of court ruling
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 10:39:31 AM »
What do muslims in this forum have to say about this?
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 10:45:20 AM »
Is there one?

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 10:48:29 AM »
There are several muslims in this forum...
S

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 10:49:01 AM »

The apologists will justify it and give us some rambling, incoherent speech about Islam being a peaceful religion or some other shit like that.

If you're in the religious minority living in a predominantly Muslim country, you = fucked. And then they have the balls to cry intolerance and oppression.  ::)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 10:51:57 AM »
The apologists will justify it and give us some rambling, incoherent speech about Islam being a peaceful religion or some other shit like that.

If you're in the religious minority living in a predominantly Muslim country, you = fucked. And then they have the balls to cry intolerance and oppression.  ::)
True. They are false scum living in our countries as parasites!
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 10:52:22 AM »

Its time that people start taking the fight to these barbarians in these instances.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 11:31:26 AM »
there are crazy christians who will shoot a doctor in church in the name of god.

there are crazy muslims who will suicide bomb US soldiers in baghdad in the name of god.

crazy, fuccked up religious zealouts are the problem, not some book (bible or koran).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 11:37:42 AM »
there are crazy christians who will shoot a doctor in church in the name of god.

there are crazy muslims who will suicide bomb US soldiers in baghdad in the name of god.

crazy, fuccked up religious zealouts are the problem, not some book (bible or koran).

::)  ::)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 11:39:43 AM »
not some book (bible or koran).

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 11:40:06 AM »

how many doctors have been shot in the name of Christ?

how many ppl have blown themselves up in the name of allah?

try not to be so willingly ignorant  ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 11:40:35 AM »
There are several muslims in this forum...
there are several people who are accused of being apologists.  Who are the muslims?  I think Islam sucks and this is just yet another dumb and dumber item from them and I get accused of being an apologist and even muslim from time to time...  Seriously, I don't know who all the muslims are on this board.  I'm curious?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 11:42:28 AM »
there are several people who are accused of being apologists.  Who are the muslims?  I think Islam sucks and this is just yet another dumb and dumber item from them and I get accused of being an apologist and even muslim from time to time...  Seriously, I don't know who all the muslims are on this board.  I'm curious?
KSA triceps is a muslim if im not mistaken

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »
hahahaha dude, EVERY RELIGION DOES IT.  yes, FOX news gets us all riled up with pics of that shit today, but for many people, the elective war in iraq is nothing more than a christian conquest of an arabian state.  mind you, I dont give a shit - if it means lower gas prices and more US bases for defense against future chinese aggression, I'm okay with it - but you can't deny both sides do it.

And for some interesting examples of how this shit has just gone on forever...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
The Crusades were a series of religiously-sanctioned military campaigns waged by much of Latin Christian Europe...to restore Christian control of the Holy Land

If you have some specific numbers of whether more christians or muslims have killed in the name of their holy book, then by all means share them.  But so far, I'm seeing everyone does it and they all use their God to justify killing each other.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 11:48:20 AM »
KSA triceps is a muslim if im not mistaken
ok, so we have one, with less than 400 posts.  Is there more, confirmed that we know about?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 11:49:03 AM »
hahahaha dude, EVERY RELIGION DOES IT.  yes, FOX news gets us all riled up with pics of that shit today, but for many people, the elective war in iraq is nothing more than a christian conquest of an arabian state.  mind you, I dont give a shit - if it means lower gas prices and more US bases for defense against future chinese aggression, I'm okay with it - but you can't deny both sides do it.

The Crusades were a series of religiously-sanctioned military campaigns waged by much of Latin Christian Europe...to restore Christian control of the Holy Land

If you have some specific numbers of whether more christians or muslims have killed in the name of their holy book, then by all means share them.  But so far, I'm seeing everyone does it and they all use their God to justify killing each other.
ok, 240 is a muslim, we have 2 now :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 11:52:16 AM »
hahahahahhahahahahahhaha yeah right.

I went to Catholic school for 10 years.  I grew up thinking masturbation was evil :)

Church is a business that keeps people essentially good when nobody is looking, and gives people hope facing mortality.  Personally I believe there is some energy out there which created and owns us, but our feeble brains could never define it.

People from ALL RELIGIONS love war for conquest and profit, and they use the shield of God to justify it for small minded people.  :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 11:53:13 AM »
hahahahahhahahahahahhaha yeah right.

I went to Catholic school for 10 years.  I grew up thinking masturbation was evil :)

Church is a business that keeps people essentially good when nobody is looking, and gives people hope facing mortality.  Personally I believe there is some energy out there which created and owns us, but our feeble brains could never define it.

People from ALL RELIGIONS love war for conquest and profit, and they use the shield of God to justify it for small minded people.  :)
terrorist!

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 11:56:32 AM »

Too rational, 240.... Try going on a tirade about how the whole thing is a ruse to keep us invested in the middle east forever and people will listen. :)

Ultimately.... the people killed weren't white so no one cares beyond whatever value tories like this as anti-semitic fodder.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 11:59:29 AM »
ok, so we have one, with less than 400 posts.  Is there more, confirmed that we know about?

Here's some Muslims/Apologists for you Hugo:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=312118.0

I'd add Jag and KSA even though I don't remember them in the above thread.  Although they may have posted in it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 12:05:03 PM »
Here's some Muslims/Apologists for you Hugo:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=312118.0

I'd add Jag and KSA even though I don't remember them in the above thread.  Although they may have posted in it.
not reading the whole thread.  It's in G&O too.  KSA was already mentioned.  Is Jag a muslim or just an accused apologist.  I've also been accused many times.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 12:05:28 PM »

LOL so youre pulling from the crusades to draw a moral equivalency to the muslims of today  ::)

this is why youve earned your reputation on here 240  ::)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2010, 12:07:51 PM »
Anyone know how many innocents that happened to be Muslim have accidentally been killed in our War on Terror?

I think the score is just about even...

:P
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2010, 12:08:16 PM »
just as you're somehow appointing yourself qualified to make a judgement as to which of the religion-justified homicide streaks was worse than the other - and you do so without any number to back up your argument!

I say they're both fuct up idiots using God to justify their greed and hatred.

You're saying one's a little worse than the other, mmmm okay.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2010, 12:08:43 PM »
LOL so youre pulling from the crusades to draw a moral equivalency to the muslims of today  ::)

this is why youve earned your reputation on here 240  ::)

Dead is dead, TT.