Author Topic: Texas has worst-ranked food stamp program (Check out the Photo!)  (Read 1709 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: Texas has worst-ranked food stamp program (Check out the Photo!)
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 06:30:06 PM »
Personally, I found the city to be a bit too humid for my liking.
How one can endure that humidity day after day is beyond me.
it was especially bothersome because as a rule, I don't like a/c.

Nah, it's niceness has to do with it's tendency to lean left. Conservatives have been known to shit where they eat.

I thought negros liked the humidity? Aren't the jungles pretty hot and huid?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 06:58:27 PM »
perry is still talked about as a Vp or prez candidate for 2012.  it's possible.

Dems being up that seccessionist talk he made, every chance they get, to taint the voter pool for him.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 07:08:37 PM »
Actually it makes perfect sense, you want to get the non-productive out of your state, you make welfare/food stamps...... hard to get. Why should an able bodied person be leaching of the state?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 07:11:57 PM »
Actually it makes perfect sense, you want to get the non-productive out of your state, you make welfare/food stamps...... hard to get. Why should an able bodied person be leaching of the state?

We need work farms.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 07:18:51 PM »

We need work farms.

Yeah good luck with that, we can't even make prisoners work anymore, it might infringe upon their rights. Personally I have no sympathy for probabaly 90% of these people. There was a time in this country when this bullshit was looked down upon and people would only take assistance from the government as a last resort. I guess it comes down to having a little pride.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 08:15:12 PM »
perry is still talked about as a Vp or prez candidate for 2012.  it's possible.

Dems being up that seccessionist talk he made, every chance they get, to taint the voter pool for him.
wouldnt last one second, he will be out next election...alot of conservatives have turned against him due to a good number of his policy decisions and proposed plans...

you know he wants a high way from mexico to the states built by a mexican company?(something like that) coming in at neuvo laredo...the town with all the drug cartels... ::)

trying to create toll roads on already existing public roads to create revenue...etc...

he will be out next election and will never have a chance at president

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 08:18:11 PM »
what the hell do they need food stamps for... cheapest groceries ever down there.  fuckers are lucky as hell for some reason.  or they have friends in high places.  I was shocked to see the prices down there.  like going back in time to a grocery store circa 1980. lol
hey huggy how expensive is food where you live?

Ive traveled pretty extensively inside the US but have never lived anywhere other than Houston and College Station so just curious how much more expensive food is where you are.

like the staple BB foods  ;D

dozen eggs?
chicken breast?
NY strip steak...hmmmm I want a steak now...
veggies?

just curious

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 08:43:23 PM »
i used to bounce at a club in dallas years ago and once this 400 lb black woman came in and tried to pay cover with her food stamp card, when we refused she called the cops and said we were racist lol   she drove an infinity and i was told that the purse she had was about 300 dollar coach but yet she was on welfare wtf???????????????????????

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
maybe 333367 we should go on welfare so we could also have fresh 180 nike shoes, bluetooth, ipods, iphones, weaves, True religion jeans.. ;D.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 09:20:53 PM »
Do food stamps work at GNC?
((-::

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
Do food stamps work at GNC?
hahah shit they should or at least a certain amount, i mean its food supplements right why not.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 09:26:47 PM »
hahah shit they should or at least a certain amount, i mean its food supplements right why not.
Yeah     :D
((-::

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 09:59:10 PM »
I'll get the exact prices when I go to the store tomorrow.  except for the veggies, I'm not going to write all them down :D  I just bought 1 small tomatto today for 75 cents.  I know the last time I went to Texas, the prices were roughly half to 3/4 what we pay in Colorado and Wyoming.  even on name brand shit which I would have though would be the same.
thats cool, just curious mostly on the eggs and chicken breast/canned chicken thats what I eat the most of.

I love steak to but that can get expensive so I only eat that once a week or so...but its usually a good cut like strip or a filet but I do love me some skirt or chuck steak too.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2010, 01:43:50 AM »
Texas has worst-ranked food stamp program (see photo)
Houston Chronicle ^ | 01/13/2010 | GARY SCHARRER

________________________ ________________________ ___________

AUSTIN — Texas has the worst performing food stamp program in the nation, the federal director for food assistance told state officials here Tuesday.

It ranks last among the 50 states and U.S. territories in processing food stamp applications and also does a poor job getting eligible low-income people to apply, said Kevin Concannon, a U.S. Department of Agriculture undersecretary, in an earlier meeting with reporters.

And because Texas does not even come close to the national average in enrolling those eligible, grocery retailers like H-E-B and Randalls are missing out on nearly $1 billion a year in food sales, he said.

“If I were a native son sitting down here, I would be very upset that my state was not the leader that it is capable of being,” Concannon said.

(Excerpt) Read more at chron.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _________________

No wonder our country is going down the toilet.  These slobs can get hair weaves, cell phones, but want me to pay fo rtheir damn food! 

I like how the pic focuses on the two black females, when from that angle there seems to be more whites in the room (and huge ones at that--they can afford to be fat), great way to perpetuate the stereotype, yet avoiding the obvious that is in front of the photog's eye.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2010, 06:09:30 AM »
I could care less about race.  Those white pigs are probably worse and gaming the system even more blatantly. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2010, 03:14:21 PM »
I could care less about race.  Those white pigs are probably worse and gaming the system even more blatantly. 
Ive seen a Latina get into a Jaguar, right after using food stamps in front of me (I was in line), in one of the richest counties in the  nation.
And I'm talking about the  XJ8, 2007 vintage.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 06:43:39 PM »
A great rule for food stamps would be  healthy one also.    If it comes in a Bag a Box or a Can.....then its not allowed.   Its like a good clean diet....(Stick to the outside aisle of the store) for basic produce, dairy, breads.   Imagine if they had to actually put the meal together and cook it!!    OMG, that would cut down on food stamps huge!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2010, 07:52:10 PM »
A great rule for food stamps would be  healthy one also.    If it comes in a Bag a Box or a Can.....then its not allowed.   Its like a good clean diet....(Stick to the outside aisle of the store) for basic produce, dairy, breads.   Imagine if they had to actually put the meal together and cook it!!    OMG, that would cut down on food stamps huge!!!
I like this idea alot, it should be implemented immediately

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2010, 09:38:33 PM »
I like this idea alot, it should be implemented immediately

Thats it Tony.  We're running for office!  240 will be our strategist.!  8)