Author Topic: tanning dos and donts  (Read 5116 times)

slacker

• Getbig V
tanning dos and donts
« on: January 14, 2010, 08:31:30 PM »
I was wondering how many of you all enjoy the fake and bake. I do it from time to time and I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with skin damage or anything.  Also whats the deals with the tanning creams being so over priced.  They say you cant use regular cream because its bad for their beds but i wonder if its bad for your skin too.   

discuss
I

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
Re: tanning dos and donts
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 08:52:32 PM »
I used to buy those tanning creams.  They are gay.  Just use a regular suntan lotion you buy from CVS or something.  Its like $8.  Fuck that overpriced shit.  I have used both, its the same shit.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 08:57:26 PM »
thats what I thought. 
I

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 08:57:50 PM »
just PM johnnynoname for christs sake....

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 09:03:51 PM »
why
I

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 09:05:03 PM »

ahahahah I came in this thread to post exactly this

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 09:09:10 PM »
why
I

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »

;D

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »
i love when women tan and they privates are more light skinned than the rest of they body

i been trying to talk my wife into doing that!

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 09:19:31 PM »
no way dude then their shit glows in the dark
I

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 09:21:15 PM »
Men should not go to tanning beds.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 09:24:12 PM »
Men should not go to tanning beds.
do tell why not
I

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 10:41:21 PM »
i love when women tan and they privates are more light skinned than the rest of they body

i been trying to talk my wife into doing that!
Interesting because that annoys the fuck out of me.  She needs to be all the way tanned or natural. 

I haven't tanned for several years, but once I pissed in the little tanning room because I didn't like the employees.   ;D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 10:43:13 PM »
tanning beds are for pussies. Real men get tanned working on the yard outside.
A

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 10:51:30 PM »
tanning beds are for pussies. Real men get tanned working on the yard outside.

Real men can afford to pay other men to go "work" on their yard.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 10:54:33 PM »
No, real men live in canada and get tanned while shoveling their driveways in the winter ::) :D

lesaucer

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 11:02:51 PM »
get melanotan= only 1 session a week and dark(no red) as fuck, skin cancer risk reduced alot, impossible to burn and tan last like 3 months, all melamin baby  8)

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 11:27:41 PM »
get melanotan= only 1 session a week and dark(no red) as fuck, skin cancer risk reduced alot, impossible to burn and tan last like 3 months, all melamin baby  8)

how much is it say for a couple months?

lesaucer

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 11:55:22 PM »
here ya go best info u can get, and 10mg is like 50$

These instructions here are based on my experience using melanotan II for 3 seasons and on carefully reading the posts of this board for 3 years.  I am a skin-type 2, and this advice is specifically for type 2 people.  People with type 1 skin may not get sufficient tanning from what I recommend.  People with type 3 or 4 skin can probably use less.

Mixing:  First, don’t add bacteriostatic water to the vial before you are ready to use it because it starts to degrade when water is added.  Also, think in terms of “units” instead of milliliters (ml).  Almost all needles are marked in “units.”  The conversion is 1 ml = 100 units.   

I recommend adding 100 units of water to the vial.  This will minimize the volume that you have to inject and will simplify the arithmetic that you will have to do to calculate the dose you are delivering.  If you dilute 10 mg with 100 units of water, then 10mg/100 units = 0.1 mg/unit.

Some people prefer more water -200 or 300 units.  That will work as well but will increase the volume that you inject.   

Needles:  Use small needle.  The smaller the needle, the less the discomfort.  I suggest a 31 gauge short (5/16 inch) with a reservoir of 30 or 50 units.  That is a typical insulin needle. Once you get your technique perfected, it is almost painless.   Longer and thicker needles will  work just as well but may be less comfortable.   

Starting dose: Your first injection should be a very small dose, for example 0.1 or 0.2 mg.  That is because a few people have had very adverse reactions.  Start off with a small dose in case you are one of those people.

Loading dose: I recommend loading with 0.3 to 0.5 mg once a day.  People who have used doses in this range generally report getting excellent results.  Don’t worry if you miss occasional days.  It won’t make any difference.  Continue taking this dose until you do no longer  want to get darker.

I have not seen convincing evidence that a type 2 gets much additional benefit from doses above 0.5 mg/day or that injecting more than once a day has significant benefits.

How long to load before UV?  I recommend loading for a month before any significant UV.  I think that it takes a month for your skin to be really saturated with melanin, the substance that turns dark when UV hits it.  Since UV damages skin, you want to be able to get the most tan from the least UV.  That’s what loading before UV accomplishes.   

Need for UV:  You need UV (from sun or a tanning bed) to develop a tan.  Without UV almost nothing happens.  In other words, NO UV = NO TAN.  But if you have loaded for a full month and then start regular and substantial UV, you (and your friends) will be astounded by how fast you tan and how dark you get.

Avoid burning: You are protected from burning mostly by your tan, not the melanotan II that you have taken.  Therefore, don’t overdo UV at first.  Start with only as much UV that you could tolerate without burring before you started melanotan II.  Then gradually increase your exposure.  It shouldn’t take  many weeks before you can tolerate many hours of strong sun without burning.

When to start maintenance:  Maintenance is taking doses less frequently than daily to avoid becoming darker than you want.  Yes, that will happen.  With enough UV, you will get much darker than you have even been before.   

Continue your regular daily dose until you have reached your desired tan and do not want to become darker.  Then cut injection frequency to once every 2, 3, 4, or even 7 days.  You will have to experiment to find the frequency that gives you the tan that you want.

How long will tan last?  It is clear that a tan developed using melanotan II lasts much longer than an ordinary tan.  A well-tanned person returning from a beach holiday will lose most of the tan in a month if they stop getting sun.  But if they had been using melanotan II and continued on maintenance after returning, they would still have most of their tan 3 months later.

Winter maintenance:  Taking melanotan II once or twice a week will do wonders for maintaining a tan even if you do not get UV.     

Storage of  melanotan II: It is not as fragile as some people think.  Before it is mixed with water, melanotan II is quite stable and can last for weeks or perhaps months or longer at room temperature.  Nevertheless, freezing is recommended to minimize any degradation.   

After mixing with water, it should be refrigerated or frozen.  Evidence is that melanotan II lasts for more than a month in a refrigerator.  I have used some that was at room temperature for almost 2 weeks, and it had the same level of sexual side effects as normal.   

But from experience, I have found that you can freeze reconstituted vials or melanotan II in syringes for many months without any noticeable degradation.

Allergic-type reactions:  After using melanotan II for 2 years, I found that it gave me cold-like symptoms - nasal congestion, runny nose, coughing.  Some other people have reported similar symptoms.  I suspect this is an allergic reaction.  Possibly the reaction is due to an impurity in the melanotan II or possibly the melanotan II itself.  I suspect it is due to poor quality of some of the melanotan II recently being sold.  In any case, I can almost completely eliminate the symptoms by taking an antihistamine daily, Zyrtec in my case.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 12:07:20 AM »
Real men can afford to pay other men to go "work" on their yard.
real men do it anyway, becuase they wouldn't let anyone touch their yard.
A

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 12:22:55 AM »
here ya go best info u can get, and 10mg is like 50$

These instructions here are based on my experience using melanotan II for 3 seasons and on carefully reading the posts of this board for 3 years.  I am a skin-type 2, and this advice is specifically for type 2 people.  People with type 1 skin may not get sufficient tanning from what I recommend.  People with type 3 or 4 skin can probably use less.

Mixing:  First, don’t add bacteriostatic water to the vial before you are ready to use it because it starts to degrade when water is added.  Also, think in terms of “units” instead of milliliters (ml).  Almost all needles are marked in “units.”  The conversion is 1 ml = 100 units.   

I recommend adding 100 units of water to the vial.  This will minimize the volume that you have to inject and will simplify the arithmetic that you will have to do to calculate the dose you are delivering.  If you dilute 10 mg with 100 units of water, then 10mg/100 units = 0.1 mg/unit.

Some people prefer more water -200 or 300 units.  That will work as well but will increase the volume that you inject.   

Needles:  Use small needle.  The smaller the needle, the less the discomfort.  I suggest a 31 gauge short (5/16 inch) with a reservoir of 30 or 50 units.  That is a typical insulin needle. Once you get your technique perfected, it is almost painless.  &guy and thicker needles will  work just as well but may be less comfortable.   

Starting dose: Your first injection should be a very small dose, for example 0.1 or 0.2 mg.  That is because a few people have had very adverse reactions.  Start off with a small dose in case you are one of those people.

Loading dose: I recommend loading with 0.3 to 0.5 mg once a day.  People who have used doses in this range generally report getting excellent results.  Don’t worry if you miss occasional days.  It won’t make any difference.  Continue taking this dose until you do no longer  want to get darker.

I have not seen convincing evidence that a type 2 gets much additional benefit from doses above 0.5 mg/day or that injecting more than once a day has significant benefits.

How long to load before UV?  I recommend loading for a month before any significant UV.  I think that it takes a month for your skin to be really saturated with melanin, the substance that turns dark when UV hits it.  Since UV damages skin, you want to be able to get the most tan from the least UV.  That’s what loading before UV accomplishes.   

Need for UV:  You need UV (from sun or a tanning bed) to develop a tan.  Without UV almost nothing happens.  In other words, NO UV = NO TAN.  But if you have loaded for a full month and then start regular and substantial UV, you (and your friends) will be astounded by how fast you tan and how dark you get.

Avoid burning: You are protected from burning mostly by your tan, not the melanotan II that you have taken.  Therefore, don’t overdo UV at first.  Start with only as much UV that you could tolerate without burring before you started melanotan II.  Then gradually increase your exposure.  It shouldn’t take  many weeks before you can tolerate many hours of strong sun without burning.

When to start maintenance:  Maintenance is taking doses less frequently than daily to avoid becoming darker than you want.  Yes, that will happen.  With enough UV, you will get much darker than you have even been before.   

Continue your regular daily dose until you have reached your desired tan and do not want to become darker.  Then cut injection frequency to once every 2, 3, 4, or even 7 days.  You will have to experiment to find the frequency that gives you the tan that you want.

How long will tan last?  It is clear that a tan developed using melanotan II lasts much longer than an ordinary tan.  A well-tanned person returning from a beach holiday will lose most of the tan in a month if they stop getting sun.  But if they had been using melanotan II and continued on maintenance after returning, they would still have most of their tan 3 months later.

Winter maintenance:  Taking melanotan II once or twice a week will do wonders for maintaining a tan even if you do not get UV.     

Storage of  melanotan II: It is not as fragile as some people think.  Before it is mixed with water, melanotan II is quite stable and can last for weeks or perhaps months or longer at room temperature.  Nevertheless, freezing is recommended to minimize any degradation.   

After mixing with water, it should be refrigerated or frozen.  Evidence is that melanotan II lasts for more than a month in a refrigerator.  I have used some that was at room temperature for almost 2 weeks, and it had the same level of sexual side effects as normal.   

But from experience, I have found that you can freeze reconstituted vials or melanotan II in syringes for many months without any noticeable degradation.

Allergic-type reactions:  After using melanotan II for 2 years, I found that it gave me cold-like symptoms - nasal congestion, runny nose, coughing.  Some other people have reported similar symptoms.  I suspect this is an allergic reaction.  Possibly the reaction is due to an impurity in the melanotan II or possibly the melanotan II itself.  I suspect it is due to poor quality of some of the melanotan II recently being sold.  In any case, I can almost completely eliminate the symptoms by taking an antihistamine daily, Zyrtec in my case.

no thanks.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 12:42:17 AM »
Living in the Pacific Northwest, it is necessary for some of us to use tanning beds to fend off winter time depression due to the lack of light from the sun. Fortunately, I have olive skin which easily tans without burning at all. Presently, I use a highspeed tanning bed at the gym. It only takes 7 minutes of my time about once a week or so. Besides making me feel good, it makes me look better and I think healthier.

The problem with tanning while shoveling snow or otherwise working in the yard is that my neighbors might object to my tanning in the nude which is the only way to go....even for "real men".

Any lotion is fine to use, does not have to be suntan lotion and certainly not those lotions supposedly made specifically for tanning beds.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 05:38:13 AM »

Lurn to spel tha wurdz yoo uze retard

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 07:21:31 AM »
I own tanning salon above my shop and I use sunbed 2-3times per week,I use melanotan 2 also and find I never burn,am very tanned and have a nice penis

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 07:43:47 AM »
real men do it anyway, becuase they wouldn't let anyone touch their yard.

Hello Hank Hill.  :D

Use Siren by Designer Skin.  ;)
D