Author Topic: Frank Mir  (Read 15422 times)

spinnis

Re: Frank Mir
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2010, 06:44:34 AM »
I believe Brock Lesnar tapped out,he essentially said please stop hurting me Frank,I am not man enough to take the pain anymore

he didn't want to ruin his career in his first ufc fight, you thought he should have let mir break his knee and have to go through years and years of rehab and probably never regain 100% strenght in his knee again?

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2010, 06:50:43 AM »

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2010, 07:58:27 AM »
he didn't want to ruin his career in his first ufc fight, you thought he should have let mir break his knee and have to go through years and years of rehab and probably never regain 100% strenght in his knee again?

Good point. Now he needs to put his muscles back on though. Mir is going to be a monster himself next time they fight. He weigh in at 264 in his last fight.

spinnis

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2010, 08:11:55 AM »
next fight

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2010, 12:35:27 PM »
go back on the ufc boards from the before 1st ufc fight,,, thought brock would be champ one day (sooner than expected,, prob by everyone)  think he'll be champ as long as he wants to be champ for... mir won that 1st when brock was green,,, we all know how the 2nd one went down,,, if theres a 3rd,,, brock may have to work harder but outcome will be the same.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2010, 01:03:23 PM »
I talked to Frank about the Brock Lesnar fight and he was quite humble about it.He said, I was to light in weight, and I thought it would be more of a stand up fight and it ended up on the ground.Frank said at 240 lbs he didn't have the strength or mass to over power Lesnar.
Now with Mark Philipi in the picture he will have speed and strength.Mark Philipi is one of the best conditioning coaches in the world.
Right now its Mir 1 win 1 loss and Lesnar 1 loss and 1 win.Frank is a better technician, Brock is more of a brawler.
I think Frank could beat Brock again, he did tap Brock out in the first round.
I think if Frank Mir builds up his strength and Brock keeps getting fatter, like he has been with every fight, Mir could beat Lesnar.
The last time I saw Lesnar he wasn't lean and muscular like he used to be.He was soft and looked flabby.This was before he had health issues.He is obviously off ALL good gear like he used to be.Brock Lesnar at one time was huge and muscular.
If you look at the Dymatise adds he looks like a fat 40 yo man,lol.His chest is even starting to sag, and his huge traps are gone.
Plus will Brock be able to make up for lost time being In the hospital and out of training for so long.Everyday he isn't training, Mir is in the gym getting bigger and stronger.If they do fight again, I don't think either man will dominate, it will probably go to the score card.
Frank Mir is a tough guy I know I been hit by him, it felt like a mule kicked me, lol

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2010, 01:28:35 PM »
I talked to Frank about the Brock Lesnar fight and he was quite humble about it.He said, I was to light in weight, and I thought it would be more of a stand up fight and it ended up on the ground.Frank said at 240 lbs he didn't have the strength or mass to over power Lesnar.
Now with Mark Philipi in the picture he will have speed and strength.Mark Philipi is one of the best conditioning coaches in the world.
Right now its Mir 1 win 1 loss and Lesnar 1 loss and 1 win.Frank is a better technician, Brock is more of a brawler.
I think if Frank Mir builds up his strength and Brock keeps getting fatter, like he has been with every fight, Mir could beat Lesnar.
The last time I saw Lesnar he wasn't lean and muscular like he used to be.He was soft and looked flabby.This was before he had health issues.He is obviously off ALL good gear like he used to be.Brock Lesnar at one time was huge and muscular.
If you look at the Dymatise adds he looks like a fat 40 yo man,lol.His chest is even starting to sag, and his huge traps are gone.
Plus will Brock be able to make up for lost time being In the hospital and out of training for so long.Everyday he isn't training, Mir is in the gym getting bigger and stronger.If they do fight again, I don't think either man will dominate, it will probably go to the score card.
Frank Mir is a tough guy I know I been hit by him, it felt like a mule kicked me, lol
If Brocked kicked you , you were dead!
S

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »
Now with Mark Philipi in the picture he will have speed and strength.

I don't see how Mir's speed will keep up, let alone get faster, while gaining 20 lbs. Not gonna happen

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2010, 02:47:24 PM »
lesnar was a bean pole in highschool , try again

::)Not that 15 years ago is relevant anyway but here's his highschool pic. Not exactly a beanpole, but maybe you can try again  :D

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2010, 03:34:04 PM »
Swede has some pic of Lesnar at 16 years old pretty much pwning 3/4 of Getbig
Air Falcon

spinnis

« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2010, 03:37:10 PM »
Swede has some pic of Lesnar at 16 years old pretty much pwning 3/4 of Getbig

super skinny  ::) ::) ::)

beermaster  should post a photo of himself,

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2010, 03:40:16 PM »
super skinny  ::) ::) ::)

beermaster  should post a photo of himself,
Thats not Swede with bleached hair

spinnis

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2010, 03:42:09 PM »
Thats not Swede with bleached hair

all 6"3 of me ...

:D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2010, 03:48:16 PM »
all 6"3 of me ...

:D
you still growing bro

suckmymuscle

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2010, 03:54:26 PM »
  For fuck sake, what an ugly kid. Good he was a jock, otherwise I can't even fathom how much he would have been picked on in school...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2010, 03:58:36 PM »
is that pic photoshopped   :o

I'm looking forward to Mir vs. lesnar 3

my money is on MIR

;D

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2010, 04:04:53 PM »

its surprising mir thought it'd be more stand-up with brocks wrestling background,,,  true brock is a brawler but he was a wrestler for a while.
good points you made about brock not training and mir is,,,could be the difference maker and added drive for mir.  you may be right about the score cards also,,,  mir did take a beating in 2 but he did take it so. 
still leaning toward lesnar though, like honest said, its hard to train that angry into someone, although mir may have been developing his own anger since the last 2 fights, because he was taking a beating the 1st time before his superior technician skills & experience at the time kicked in and he scored the tap.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2010, 04:04:57 PM »
 For fuck sake, what an ugly kid. Good he was a jock, otherwise I can't even fathom how much he would have been picked on in school...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Regardless of him being a jock, he's a scary lookin dude. Just that big ass head head and face would probably be enough to ward off people

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2010, 04:06:55 PM »
Lets face it, they will both just up the dose, God knows Dana White will just turn his back........and probably supply them!

Isn't a post like this some of the stuff Ron was talking about? Or is Dana fair game because he isn't in the "business" ;)

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2010, 04:07:32 PM »
Who won the first fight ?

Bob Barker?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2010, 10:31:44 PM »
Tbombz, you have no clue what so ever when it comes to training athletes. Simple my ass!
oh RLY? lol shit isnt rocket science

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2010, 12:14:22 AM »
oh RLY? lol shit isnt rocket science

Yes REALLY, your dealing with athletes not bodybuilders. Don't even pretend you know the first thing about it.

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2010, 11:44:01 AM »
is that pic photoshopped   :o

I'm looking forward to Mir vs. lesnar 3

my money is on MIR

;D

Did you see the 2 previous fights?
Spirit of Truth

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2010, 12:46:11 PM »
Frank was a lil to confident before the Lesnar fight.After getting beat by Brock it gave him a wake up call.Getting your head punched against a mat, will make anybody get a reality check.Now Frank has put on size and getting stronger to be able to match Brock Lesnars power.I think the next fight will be very interesting.I don't think Brock Lesnar is as good as he thinks or anyone else thinks he is.He hasn't been i9n that many fights.If you watch his fights he starts sucking wind in the first round and the second round he is really breathing heavy.He has to much weights to carry.Also if you look at pics of Brock ,over the last 2 years, his bodyfat has went up significantly.
This could be either he isn't on any gear, or he isn't training as hard.When Brock Wrestled for the WWE he was 290-300 lbs and solid.
So either Brock has to get back on the juice or change his diet.In those Dymatise adds, he does look very flabby.
Its to bad Bill Goldberg never got into the UFC.I heard he was trying to become a fighter a few years back.Bill Goldberg is one tough, and strong SOB.I think Bill Goldberg could over power Brock Lersnar.I know Bill Goldbergs brother, and he told me so wild stories about his brother Bill.Bill Goldberg, was big, fast and strong.

spinnis

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2010, 01:30:35 PM »
If you watch his fights he starts sucking wind in the first round and the second round he is really breathing heavy

Look at the fight again Heath herring maby?

He pounded on him for 3 straight rounds and had plenty more in him, probably the best conditioned 280 pounder in the game.