Author Topic: Should we accept people from Haiti as refugees and give them legal status?  (Read 3426 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Question:

Should we accept and give people from Haiti legal status as refugees and give them the right to vote?

They were just discussing this as a possibility being discussed in Washington DC.

I say hell no. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Hell No X10000000
S

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Why not just annex the country and turn it into a US territory?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
no, but it's gonna happen.

anyone who opposes it in congress will be viewed as a haitian hater, like they don't have any love for those poor victims.

imagine how quick amnesty arrives once this happens.  I posted this 2 days ago... i saw this coming a mile away.  A giftwrapped reason to pass the mccain amnesty bill part II.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

anyone who opposes it in congress will be viewed as a haitian hater, like they don't have any love for those poor victims.

imagine how quick amnesty arrives once this happens.  I posted this 2 days ago... i saw this coming a mile away.  A giftwrapped reason to pass the mccain amnesty bill part II.

Get a few more Glocks bro because they are all heading to the sunshine state. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
hahaha a glock is only what you use to get to the rifles, everyone knows that.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
no and doing so would only hurt the people left behind in a recovery from this disaster.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Question:
Should we accept and give people from Haiti legal status as refugees and give them the right to vote?
They were just discussing this as a possibility being discussed in Washington DC.
I say hell no. 

FUCK NO... America isn't the worlds orphanage.

charity starts at home...we can start helping others when we have no homeless/hungry people here in the USA
wasn't it haiti where those pirates were coming from?  pfft..if ya feel sorry for haiti i say  up your arimidex...check to see if ya mistook test depo for depo test and say a collective ...who cares :-\
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
No.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
I say annex Haiti. Turn it into a giant theme park for the obese and the religious and then nuke it.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
Re: Should we accept people from Haiti as refugees and give them legal status?
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 07:44:22 PM »
Hell No X10000000
i'm with eyeball and 3333 hell no

these people are already looking to oblamea with adoration 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 08:22:37 PM »
Ge let me think, Haiti is a fucking shit hole, lets bring that element to America ::).
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 08:24:49 PM »
I would say no.

- the US should not do anything the rest of the world won't do too
- temporary camps are OK - permanent not
- the people don't have the educational/language/social skills to blend into American culture, so it'll just build another unintegrated US sub-culture & we know how well that will turn out
- they wont get meaningful work & middle class taxpayers will end up paying for them

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 08:58:04 PM »
Damn.  This is the only thread in history where we all agree!!    Amnesty should never be an option! 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 11:37:59 PM »
kids - yes.  I heard they're adopting tens of thousands of orphans here - definitely.  they will find good homes, they will have solid futures.

Should we accept anyone over 18?  Um, no.

But, I'm sure this is the backdoor to amnesty.  I saw that shit the moment I heard about the quake... where are they gonna go?  hello, Florida!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 11:45:36 PM »
kids - yes.  I heard they're adopting tens of thousands of orphans here - definitely.  they will find good homes, they will have solid futures.

Should we accept anyone over 18?  Um, no.

But, I'm sure this is the backdoor to amnesty.  I saw that shit the moment I heard about the quake... where are they gonna go?  hello, Florida!!
kids with no other option, both parents dead, adopted by a family here or elsewhere, I don't have a problem with that.  But as you can see by this thread, some mass exodus to America is going to be out of the question.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 12:01:11 AM »
nothing is out of the quesiton these days dude.

You give us another few days of pictures of stacks of bodies in the streets... what politicians is going to risk losing the inevitable haitian vote (or the pity vote) by telling them to stay the hell home?

Obama will prob lump in the adults with the kids.  we'll take them all.  And it'll open up the door to full amnesty.  O doesn't have to push for it - he got a nice present giftwrapped on this one.  I am betting this emergenc 18-month amnesty they were granted yesterday is quietly pushed another 24 months, then changed to full maybe a week after the 2012 election ;)

Or he'll just push for it all now.  either way, if amnesty is what he wants, he'd be a fool not to use this golden opportunity.  mind ya, I'm against it, certainly not kneepadding as tony is drooling to say.  But it would be smart politics, if that is o's goal, to push for it on an emergency basis.  What are you going to say in a year or two when haiti is sitll trashed and these people have lives here?  They stay, plain and simple.  Any anyone from any country just has to take a boat to haiti and claim their way into the USA ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 12:08:44 AM »
Haitian illegals can stay in US for now

The US government on Friday granted temporary asylum to Haitians already living illegally in the United States before their homeland was struck by a devastating earthquake.

Rights advocates and lawmakers had earlier called on the White House to grant a special shield to thousands of Haitians who have sneaked into the country over the past years.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Haitians would be granted Temporary Protected Status, or TPS, that would allow undocumented individuals living in the United States to remain for 18 months. That would allow them to renew or obtain drivers licenses, and work legally.

"Providing a temporary refuge for Haitian nationals... whose personal safety would be endangered by returning to Haiti is part of this administration's continuing efforts to support Haiti's recovery," Napolitano said.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 12:10:51 AM »
Plan To Bring Haitians To Central Fla. Not Set In Stone

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The American Red Cross says a plan to bring 45,000 evacuees from Haiti to Florida, and 4,000 of those to Orange County, is not set in stone. The Red Cross clarified Friday who could be involved in a plan to move people out of Haiti.

The Red Cross is preparing for two things: the repatriation of Americans living in Haiti and the possibility of a mass migration of Haitian nationals.

The American Red Cross has seen massive migration into the U.S. from areas like Kosovo and Bosnia in the past, but no determination has been made yet in the case of Haiti. But the repatriation of Americans has already begun. Eyewitness News was told that it includes people like missionaries who may have already been working in Haiti before the quake.

The U.S. citizens are being brought into South Florida through Miami and Homestead, where their identities can be verified. Thursday night, five flights arrived with 190 Americans on board.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 12:55:13 AM »
nothing is out of the quesiton these days dude.

eveyone here could have said that.  what is fact is nobody will like it an will consider it out of the question.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 01:49:09 AM »

imagine how quick amnesty arrives once this happens.  I posted this 2 days ago... i saw this coming a mile away.  A giftwrapped reason to pass the mccain amnesty bill part II.

Evil Scenario#1- to force amnesty on the American people, because they wouldn't just settle for it, create a situation in which a "natural even" would occur. By using HAARP technology create a earthquake in Haiti--a country where the US has had some semblance of prescence there. And a bone of contention when it comes to turning refugees away.

Evil Scenario#2-Using HAARP as a weapon, the US created the tsunami incident, being that it is near China, and that it was a  highest concentration of Muslims. The US citizens had a overwelming outpouring of money, showing the Muslim World and China that the US citizens will respond to world  disasters, unlike the Muslim countries (SA--shame on them for having all that money and giving far less than the American people). China in term used HAARP like technology to do the same to Haiti..in essence a a new chapter in war has begun...

I just happen to think this up---doubt it would happen or did happen, but what if?

TA, there will always be homeless/ hungry in this country. Some people want to be homeless, others because of pride, refuse help. Same with the Hungry. Some people due to pride refuse handouts or charity. They would rather go thru a McDonald's dumpster, knowing that at 10:30 am, they throw all their breakfast food out.

And it was Somalia that the Pirates came from...totally diff part of the world. Unless you are think the Pirates of the Caribbean--you are about 2-34 centuries late.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 08:37:34 AM »
Why not just annex the country and turn it into a US territory?

10 million increase in the welfare rolls overnight.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 08:42:42 AM »
I think that we should take a few thousand (1-5,000) as a show of good faith--people with established connections to the US through immediate family, orphans that can be immediately adopted etc.- but thats all.

The rest should immigrate to Cuba. After all,they would receive better healthcare and a better education. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 08:45:46 AM »
I think that we should take a few thousand (1-5,000) as a show of good faith--people with established connections to the US through immediate family, orphans that can be immediately adopted etc.- but thats all.

The rest should immigrate to Cuba. After all,they would receive better healthcare and a better education. 

Ha ha!!!!! 

GW - you have the best posts on this board bar none Bro! ! ! !

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 11:14:07 AM »
Question:

I say hell no. 

I think this question is judgmental and stupid to say the least... The Haitians need medical help and food as well as equipment to rebuild Port Au Prince (sic). They did not ask america for citizenship or anything of the like. If any Haitians go to america it will be for medical attention and will leave soon thereafter. They are not looking to abandon their homeland.

Truth is very few people want to go to america as they know the problems of the nation. the Mexicans were BROUGHT INTO AMERICA to undermind its labor force and industries. Now that there is not much industry/jobs left, they have been leaving in droves. Sadly many went and immediately started having children thinking everything was going to be fine and that the children would entitle them to citizenship..hahahah they got caught holding the bag.

Nonetheless I hoped you watched and noticed how many whites were in Haiti caught up in the woes as well. These are the americans who escaped america and went to Haiti/Dominican Republic/Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands etc in hopes of getting away from the problems of america... sadly for them they never thought this was going to happen.
C