Author Topic: The Official Michele Bachmann 2012 Appreciation Thread  (Read 30836 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The Official Michele Bachmann 2012 Appreciation Thread
« Reply #450 on: July 20, 2011, 04:33:04 AM »
That's what we're all DESPERATELY hoping for.  ;D

Mitt is CRUSHING the GOP field in dollars brought in...Pawlenty and Huntsman better start making hay or they're OUT. Paul Ron is a waste...the X Factor is Rick Perry, the secessionist governor from Texas and the most unpatriotic American to run for president since the Civil War. He could steal Bachmann's thunder by getting a Palin endorsement.
We'll see...I LOVE it!

Crushing in dollars.....YET, Bachmann is neck-and-neck with him.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #451 on: July 20, 2011, 06:04:30 AM »
I loaf. I am retired.
welcome aboard!
look forward to reading more of your posts;
it only gets better  ( as that saying goes ) :D
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #452 on: July 21, 2011, 01:30:57 PM »
Marcus Bachmann’s Clinic Is the Latest Target to Be ‘Glitter Bombed’
NY Magazine ^ | 7/21/11 | Noreen Malone

A group of activists — angry that Dr. Bachmann referred to gay people as "barbarians" — styled themselves in the manner of (rather delightfully campy) barbarians, then proceeded to sprinkle shiny confetti all over his clinic. Previous glitter-bomb "victims" include Newt Gingrich and Tim Pawlenty. This might not be the stateliest form of civil rights protest in recorded history, but it's probably the shiniest and most difficult to vacuum up. [Gawker]

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #453 on: July 21, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »
She is rolling.   :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: July 21, 2011, 07:42:45 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Bachmann: Everybody Should Pay Taxes
Wall Street Journal ^ | July 21, 2011 | Jonathan Weisman
Posted on July 21, 2011 7:41:02 PM EDT by ejdrapes

Bachmann: Everybody Should Pay Taxes
July 21, 2011, 3:00 PM ET.
By Jonathan Weisman

[snip]

At a town-hall meeting Tuesday given by the South Carolina Christian Chamber of Commerce in Columbia, a questioner noted that major U.S. corporations are paying “very few dollars of federal income taxes, if any.” He prefaced his point by saying the Bible advises us to render unto Caesar what Caesar is due.

Ms. Bachmann turned the conversation elsewhere: “Part of the problem is today, only 53% pay any federal income tax at all; 47% pay nothing,” the former federal tax attorney said. “We need to broaden the base so that everybody pays something, even if it’s a dollar.”

[snip]

Ms. Bachmann argued for a new tax code that is “very simple, very flat and very fair.”

“I believe every American benefits by being safe and secure, by our military,” she said in South Carolina. “We all benefit by the road system. We all benefit by the tort system. We all benefit by national parks.”

(Excerpt) Read more at blogs.wsj.com ...

Damn right. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: July 22, 2011, 06:26:19 AM »
Jennifer Rubin: As usual, Bachmann succeeds in making her critics look petty
Article by: JENNIFER RUBIN , Washington Post Updated: July 21, 2011 - 7:24 PM
Michelle Bachmann

. When it became known that U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann gets migraine headaches, the sniping by those in the press and among Democrats reached a boil. Ironically, staunch defenders of the Americans With Disabilities Act suggested that this would be a barrier to her serving as president.

But as often happens with Bachmann, she came out a winner. She released a statement, which read in part:

"I am a wife, a mother, a lawyer who worked her way through law school, a former state senator who achieved the repeal of a harmful piece of education policy in Minnesota, and a congresswoman who has worked tirelessly fighting against the expansion of government and wasteful spending.

"Since entering the campaign, I have maintained a full schedule between my duties as a congresswoman and as a presidential candidate traveling across the nation to meet with voters in the key, early primary and caucus states of Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. I have prescription medication that I take whenever symptoms arise and they keep the migraines under control. Let me be abundantly clear -- my ability to function effectively has never been impeded by migraines and will not affect my ability to serve as Commander in Chief.

"The many questions I have received on this subject have allowed me to discuss this important condition that impacts individuals in nearly one in four households. However, as a presidential candidate and office holder, I am focused on performing my job, which has never been more important given the state of our economy and the millions of Americans that are out of work. While I appreciate the concern for me and my health, the greater concern should be the debate that is occurring in Washington over whether or not we will increase our debt, spending and taxes."

That's about as pitch-perfect a response as you are going to find. She is forthright, and she makes her statement a bonding moment with ordinary Americans. Moreover, she stays on message, highlighting her battle against debt, excess spending and tax increases.

Tony Fratto, who served in the Bush administration and is now a communications consultant, told me, "Her pitch and discipline in delivering her message are equally impressive." And he cracked, "Anyway, I think having extensive experience dealing with severe headaches is probably really good practice for being president!"

So is the ability to rise above media sniping.

Perhaps the most un-Palin quality Bachmann possesses is her refusal to play the victim or to complain about her attackers. Instead, she has mastered the art of making them look petty and silly while reemphasizing the qualities she hopes will impress voters -- tenacity, strength, a sense of humor and empathy for average Americans.

As I have said many times, those expecting Bachmann to crumble under the glare of intense scrutiny are kidding themselves.

________________________ ____________

Good - Bachmann / Paul   or the other way around is fine by me.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: July 22, 2011, 06:27:25 AM »
Perhaps the most un-Palin quality Bachmann possesses is her refusal to play the victim or to complain about her attackers. Instead, she has mastered the art of making them look petty and silly while reemphasizing the qualities she hopes will impress voters -- tenacity, strength, a sense of humor and empathy for average Americans.

________________________ _____

In all fairness to my buddy 240, he is the one who picked this up first about MB

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #457 on: July 22, 2011, 06:55:57 AM »

________________________ _____

In all fairness to my buddy 240, he is the one who picked this up first about MB
Thats true she is way above Palin in this regard, well on many things actually. She is serious not like Palin driving around in her Bus acting like a reality star

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #458 on: July 22, 2011, 11:08:57 AM »
Jennifer Rubin: As usual, Bachmann succeeds in making her critics look petty
Article by: JENNIFER RUBIN , Washington Post Updated: July 21, 2011 - 7:24 PM
Michelle Bachmann

. When it became known that U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann gets migraine headaches, the sniping by those in the press and among Democrats reached a boil. Ironically, staunch defenders of the Americans With Disabilities Act suggested that this would be a barrier to her serving as president.

But as often happens with Bachmann, she came out a winner. She released a statement, which read in part:

"I am a wife, a mother, a lawyer who worked her way through law school, a former state senator who achieved the repeal of a harmful piece of education policy in Minnesota, and a congresswoman who has worked tirelessly fighting against the expansion of government and wasteful spending.

"Since entering the campaign, I have maintained a full schedule between my duties as a congresswoman and as a presidential candidate traveling across the nation to meet with voters in the key, early primary and caucus states of Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. I have prescription medication that I take whenever symptoms arise and they keep the migraines under control. Let me be abundantly clear -- my ability to function effectively has never been impeded by migraines and will not affect my ability to serve as Commander in Chief.

"The many questions I have received on this subject have allowed me to discuss this important condition that impacts individuals in nearly one in four households. However, as a presidential candidate and office holder, I am focused on performing my job, which has never been more important given the state of our economy and the millions of Americans that are out of work. While I appreciate the concern for me and my health, the greater concern should be the debate that is occurring in Washington over whether or not we will increase our debt, spending and taxes."

That's about as pitch-perfect a response as you are going to find. She is forthright, and she makes her statement a bonding moment with ordinary Americans. Moreover, she stays on message, highlighting her battle against debt, excess spending and tax increases.

Tony Fratto, who served in the Bush administration and is now a communications consultant, told me, "Her pitch and discipline in delivering her message are equally impressive." And he cracked, "Anyway, I think having extensive experience dealing with severe headaches is probably really good practice for being president!"

So is the ability to rise above media sniping.

As I have said many times, those expecting Bachmann to crumble under the glare of intense scrutiny are kidding themselves.

________________________ ____________

Good - Bachmann / Paul   or the other way around is fine by me.   

This is almost as dumb as the Palin-faked-her pregnancy claims. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #459 on: July 22, 2011, 12:50:01 PM »
palin continually plays herself as the victim.

I think 33 and I are in agreement there.  yes, she is the victim of smear attacks, but she does ham up the "i'm a victim" angle.

bachmann, on the other hand, is attacked as well and just attacks back.  She's cool like that.  I'd vote for bachmann for president in a minute.  I'd vote against palin in a minute.  bachmann will stand up to world leaders - I see palin folding.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #460 on: July 24, 2011, 08:43:32 AM »
Bachmann tells Iowans she gives more headaches than she receives TONY LEYS 10:48 PM, Jul 23, 2011 Categories: Caucus Insider
Politics reporter
More posts by Tony Leys

Print Friendly
   Tags: Michele Bachmann
   Candidate Tags: Michele Bachmann

Marshalltown, Ia. - U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann made light Saturday of reports that migraines interfere with her work.

“This week, they were talking about me and headaches. All I want you to know is I’ve been giving a lot more headaches in Washington than I’ve been getting,” she joked to laughter and raucous applause from more than 100 people at the public library here. “And as president of the United States, I intend to give those big power brokers a lot more headaches, because we’re going to give the country back to you.”

The Minnesota Republican, a tough-talking supporter of the tea party movement, was the subject of a Daily Caller story in which anonymous former aides claimed she sometimes has been incapacitated by her migraines. She has denied the allegations, saying she keeps the condition under control with medication.

Bachmann hardly mentioned her Republican rivals Saturday, focusing instead on her differences with President Barack Obama. She insisted that her fellow Republicans should not cave in to Obama’s demands on raising the nation’s debt ceiling. She said the country can’t keep borrowing, or it will end up spending all of its money on interest payments on its debt instead of on needed government programs, such as Medicare and the military.

Obama portrays his offer to Republicans as mostly consisting of budget cuts. The congresswoman was skeptical. “He wants a huge tax increase on all Americans so he can keep spending,” she said.

Bachmann, who used a white board and black marker to illustrate the fiscal issues, said Americans pay $2.2 trillion per year to the government, which should be enough. “You just can’t keep spending money you don’t have,” she said. “And that’s why I went to Washington, D.C., this week. I was here in Iowa, I got on a plane, I went back to Washington, D.C., and I said, ‘Look, I want to tell you what they’re telling me in Marshalltown. I want to tell you what they’re telling me in every city I go to in Iowa. Don’t increase the debt ceiling, because we don’t want you people to keep spending money.’ ”

Later on Saturday, the candidate stopped by the Story County Fairgrounds in Nevada, where she greeted residents, admired cattle and horses and ate rhubarb and peach pie.

Dave Struthers of Collins was one of several people who enthusiastically shook her hand. He thanked her for standing up for Christian values, and he said the fact that some media outlets are running negative stories about her and her husband shows that she’s on the right track.

After Bachmann walked on, Struthers said he wasn’t troubled to hear that she suffers from migraines.

He said his ex-wife had them, and he understands that they can be serious. “But it’s nothing permanent, and it’s nothing you can’t recover from,” he said. “Everybody has ailments.”

The candidate finished her day in Oskaloosa, speaking to a few hundred people at William Penn University. She told them Obama is trying to scare people into believing that if the debt ceiling isn’t raised by early next month, the government will go into default and financial markets will crash. That isn’t true, she said, because the government could still pay interest on the debt while it looks for ways to cut long-term spending.

She told Oskaloosa Republicans that it will be important for their party not just to win the presidency next year, but to win 60 seats in the Senate to repeal the health reform law.

“We have in my estimation, one chance to kill Obamacare, and that’s in 2012,” she said. “This is not going to be easy. Even though we have the American people with us, it is not going to be easy. Why? It’s already law today. It’s already being implemented. Hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars are being shipped all over the country today to implement this very bad bill.”

To overturn it, she said, Republicans would need enough senators to stop a filibuster.

Don Arendt of Oskaloosa said afterward that he was impressed with the congresswoman’s energetic speaking abilities, and that he agreed with most of her points, but he remained undecided on which Republican to support.

“I want to win,” he said, when asked what he’s looking for in a candidate. “If I become convinced that she can win, then I’ll support her".

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/07/23/bachmann-tells-iowans-she-gives-more-headaches-than-she-receives

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #461 on: July 25, 2011, 08:45:32 AM »
Mudslinging at the Bachmanns (Not now America Dear, I have a Headache)
National Review ^ | 07/25/2011 | Kathryn Jean Lopez

Michele Bachmann gives me a headache.

But it’s not the Minnesota congresswoman herself who is to blame for the pain. It’s so many of the stories about her and her husband.

See or hear her name these days and you will probably be in for some head-pounding disappointment from the story that follows. But if it was about the former governor of Minnesota worming his way out of a comment that was beneath him, at least that was an improvement over the week before and the outrageous you’re-so-gay dance led by MSNBC. (If only it were The Last Word.)

That’s right. We’re still months away from the first caucuses and primaries of the presidential nominating season, and already things have gotten way out of control. Accusations that Bachmann is heavily medicated on account of incapacitating headaches were just the latest attempts to nip her candidacy in the bud.

The attack started with a story quoting a former aide, who insisted: “The migraines are so bad and so intense, she carries and takes all sorts of pills. Prevention pills. Pills during the migraine. Pills after the migraine, to keep them under control. She has to take these pills wherever she goes.”

So — after at least one other candidate openly legitimized the issue — the candidate released a doctor’s note. The attending physician of the U.S. Congress wrote that Bachmann gets migraines but has “normal” brain scans. “It has not been necessary for [her] to take daily scheduled medications to manage this condition,” he continued.

At least the alleged pain-and-pill problem was an improvement over the previous accusation: that Bachmann’s husband, Marcus, must be a closeted gay man. Marcus Bachmann runs a counseling clinic that appears to reject the just-about-any-desire-is-good-and-right-to-pursue mindset. The evidence of his gayness was that his clinic supposedly helps people with homosexual desires to resist acting on them. “Pray the gay away,” was how media outlets put it. Marcus Bachmann’s denial that his clinic does this kind of reparative therapy inspired little but yawns from some who were already too far along in their story line. Instead they chorused: He must be gay. Haven’t you heard the way he talks?Haven’t you seen the way he dances?

He “appears to be a lying closet case,” sex columnist Dan Savage wrote.

And it was far from only Savage, who made a name for himself in 2008 by derailing any Google search for then Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum, now a rival of Bachmann’s for the 2012 nomination. It has been open season on Representative Bachmann’s spouse. Daily Show host Jon Stewart explained that Bachmann “dances and sounds not only gay, but center-square gay.” He counsels men to go straight, Stewart joked, “so he can hoard all the gayness for himself.”

Slate writer William Saletan commented: “There’s nothing new about calling somebody gay based on a lisp or a girlish gait. We all saw, did, or suffered it in grade school. What’s unusual is seeing grown-up gays and liberals do it in 2011 with such open ridicule.” And when covering campaigns, they even come armed with studies on “gaydar.” Savage seeks to justify the outing, insisting that it is what the people want: “He appears to be a lying closet case, a lying closet case who’s made convincing other gay people to join him in the closet his life’s work. And straight people don’t like being lied to. Not any more.”

It’s a curious thing that at a time when tolerance is supposedly all the rage, a man who chooses not to act on particular urges would be intolerable. How strange, how perverse: to embrace a standard and seek to live by it.

But even this insinuation game — the subject of entire segments of supposed political news shows — would be welcome compared to the dreams of violent sex with Mrs. Bachmann that former Air America comedian Marc Maron bragged about on HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher. Also on the panel, Savage said he would like to do the same to Rick Santorum. Said Maron: “I don’t want to be crass, but I just hope that Marcus Bachmann takes all that, you know, rage that comes from repression and denial and brings it into the bedroom with her. I hope he f**ks her angrily because, because that’s how I would. And I’ve thought about it.”

You can see how hard he tried to repress the crassness.

In a Tweet, Saletan hit at the heart of the ridiculousness of so much of this kind of playground politics: “Fake problem: What Michele Bachmann would do as president when she has a headache. Real problem: What she’d do as president when she doesn’t.”

Those who want to take Bachmann out as a candidate by throwing all these things at the campaign wall might want to consider what out-of-control, below-the-belt frenzied attacks have done to make a phenomenon of Sarah Palin, now the subject of a major documentary that might just be in your local theater.

That which doesn’t kill a candidate may make her stronger, however deep in mud she finds herself.

Beyond the repulsive nature of such whisper campaigns presented as legitimate news stories and campaign issues, rival candidates hoping to benefit from a heated swamp of low-brow politics ought take a cold shower. The job they’re asking for demands it — despite its current occupant, known for his patronizing slights of critics. Defaulting to China. A war or two. Serious threats. We have actual issues to debate.

This is your democracy. Pass the Advil. And insist on something more. We haven’t got time for the pain.

— Kathryn Jean Lopez is editor-at-large of National Review Online.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #462 on: July 31, 2011, 12:00:27 PM »
She has definitely shaken up the race. 

Bachmann, the Candidate the Others Fear
Saturday, 30 Jul 2011 01:32 PM
By Martin Gould

As the Republican race for the White House begins to sort itself out, one thing is becoming clear, Michele Bachmann is the candidate that all the others fear.

bachmann candidate others fearAmong the 11 declared candidates, polls are beginning to suggest that she is the one with the best chance of upsetting front-runner Mitt Romney for the GOP nomination, and that has put a target on her back for those with longer-shot hopes.

Candidate Tim Pawlenty has led the attacks on Bachmann. He likened her lack of executive experience to that of Barack Obama at the 2008 election. His campaign slogans include “Results not Rhetoric,” a thinly veiled attack on his fellow Minnesotan, and he constantly suggests that she would have no chance of beating Obama if she were to win the Republican nomination.

He claimed her “record of accomplishment in Congress is nonexistent, adding, “We're not looking for folks who just have speech capabilities, we're looking for people who can lead a large enterprise in a public setting and drive it to conclusion."

Last weekend, he renewed the attack through his campaign manager Nick Ayres who sent an email to supporters about a week-long trip through Iowa. Pawlenty, he said “successfully made the case, that in 2008, voters elected a member of Congress with no executive experience. We can’t afford the cost of inexperience any longer, and Iowans get are getting that.”

Referring to Mitt Romney and Bachmann, Ayres said Pawlenty “also made the case that we have a leading candidate for President who is running from his record and another who doesn't have a record.”

Bachmann finally hit back at Pawlenty’s continued attacks on Sunday. “Executive experience is not an asset if it simply means bigger and more intrusive government," she said. "I have demonstrated leadership and the courage of my convictions to change Washington, stop wasteful spending, lower taxes, put Americans back to work and turn our economy around.”

Her campaign then turned the tables on Pawlenty with her own reference to the president. “Governor Pawlenty would have us believe that there is 'very little difference' between his positions and those of Michele Bachmann. But in fact, there is very little difference between Governor Pawlenty’s past positions and Barack Obama’s positions on several critical issues facing Americans.

“On issues such as unconstitutional healthcare mandates, climate change regulations, and Wall Street bailouts, there’s very little daylight, indeed, between Governor Pawlenty’s record and the Obama administration’s policies.

Salon described the infighting between the two Minnesotans as “the first GOP presidential death match,” saying it is becoming more shrill as neighboring Iowa takes center stage in the race for the White House.

Ironically, the revelation nearly two weeks ago that Bachmann suffers from excruciating migraines appears to be helping her as it at least temporarily forced other candidates to lay off for fear that they would be seen to be kicking her when she is down.

“I feel the migraines could help her more than harm her,” independent pollster Matt Towery tells Newsmax. “If it was me and the worst thing they could find about me was migraines, I wouldn’t be too concerned.”

Bachmann’s adept handling of the migraine issue already makes it less likely that it will even be an issue as the race continues. The only concern for her would seem to be if she was struck down by one at a crucial moment.

Within two days of the story running on the Daily Caller website she released a letter from Congress’ attending physician.

“Your migraines occur infrequently and have known trigger factors of which you are aware and know how to avoid,” wrote Dr. Brian Monahan. “When you do have a migraine, you are able to control it well with as-needed sumatriptan and odansetron. It has not been necessary for you to take daily scheduled medications to manage this condition.”

Bachmann’s response to the migraine story has given her some unlikely admirers. Liberal firebrand Ed Schultz said on his MSNBC show that while he does not agree with her on any political issue, his respect for her had “gone through the roof,” because of the way she dealt with the criticism.
“You were clear, concise, you stood up to it, and you weren’t bullied by these people,” Schultz said. “The Republican establishment obviously fears this candidate.”

Bachmann has hit a nerve among Republican voters which her backers hope will take her all the way to the White House. Despite being a member of Congress she is still seen as an outsider. As she told Newsmax, “It’s just that I haven’t agreed with the establishment way of doing things, because if you look around you the establishment isn’t working so well for us.”

And she said the rise of the tea party has shown that voters don’t trust politicians any more. “They actually have to get involved in their government in order to wrest it away from the politicians so those views will reflect those of the people.

“Otherwise they see we’re going to lose the nation for the next generation.”
It’s that attitude that has made many in the GOP wary of her. They have seen that as Pawlenty’s attacks on Bachmann have grown, his poll numbers among Republicans have plummeted so far that he is now battling to get out from the bottom tier of candidates.

When Party grandees worried that Romney’s stance on healthcare while governor of Massachusetts could make him vulnerable during an election race they tried to enlist other present and past state governors to run. But Mitch Daniels, Jeb Bush and Chris Christie all turned down the opportunity to join the crowded field.

And that has left Bachmann alone among the declared candidates as a constant real threat to Romney in the polls. Her numbers have risen sharply since she announced during the June 13 candidates’ debate in New Hampshire that she would definitely be running for president. Recent polls have consistently given her between 15 and 20 percent of Republican voters, still behind Romney, but well ahead of other candidates who are all now struggling to reach double figures.

A Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll among Republican primary voters put her ratings at 16 percent, up from just 3 percent a month earlier. That same poll gave Pawlenty a mere 2 percent. A Public Policy Poll on July 19 actually put her ahead of Romney by 1 percentage point.

Towery said Bachmann’s early stance that she would not vote for any debt ceiling increase that included raising taxes is standing her in good stead with GOP voters. “She has been in the eye of the storm and has staked a claim on that position which a solid core of Republican voters. What better position is there for her?”

While Bachmann is in a strong position among declared candidates, the likely entrance of Texas Gov. Rick Perry would hurt her chances, added Towery. If former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin joins the race too she would lose even more support.

But for now, less than two weeks away from the Ames straw poll in Iowa, Bachmann is in position other candidates can only envy.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Bachmann-Candidate-Others-Fear/2011/07/30/id/405397

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: August 03, 2011, 11:47:15 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #464 on: August 05, 2011, 11:04:06 AM »
Bachmann Issues Statement on Jobless Report Showing Unemployment at 9.1 Percent
Posted on August 5th, 2011

Urbandale, Iowa - Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann has issued the following statement on today's jobless report showing unemployment at 9.1 percent:

"Despite today's jobs report showing a slight improvement, with 9.1 percent unemployment, it is still evidence that the President's failed economic policies are digging us deeper into a hole. The President created twice as many donors for his campaign as he created jobs in the second quarter. This week the President was handed a $2.4 trillion blank check and in return the American people got a mere $21 billion in promised spending cuts, the erosion of their personal savings in the worst stock market drop since 2008, and the promise of higher taxes before the ink had dried on the budget deal. It's time for the President to admit what the markets, the world, and the American people already know - his trillion dollar stimulus was a failure, the government can't create jobs, and massive spending kills them.

"This week the President announced that he would again pivot to focus his attention on jobs. We can only hope he will pivot away from his failed economic policies that have killed growth and put millions of Americans out of work. What the markets want and what the country needs is a fundamental restructuring in the way Washington spends taxpayers dollars that reins in unprecedented spending, gets our debt under control, and encourages pro-growth economic policies. The President can attempt to blame and spin away this week's bad economic news, but you can't fool the markets. Mr. President - the only way to dig us out of this hole your administration has gotten us into is to stop digging."

Print This Post

awesome.   

Paul/Bachmann 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: August 06, 2011, 12:34:39 AM »
. The President created twice as many donors for his campaign as he created jobs in the second quarter.

Nice. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: August 09, 2011, 10:54:24 AM »
Michele Bachmann: Obama "has no clue"; refused to take questions
SFGate.com ^ | 8/9/11 | Joe Garofoli

Rockwell City, IA -- Michele Bachmann just killed here deep in the corn country of Calhoun County (two-plus hours northwest of Des Moines). Standing ovation from 80 people after about a 35-minute chat Monday. Nary a word about social issues. No questions from the audience -- BUT a hand-over-the-camera snubbing of our own Shaky Hand Productions when we tried to question her...but more on that in a minute.

No, this was a take-down of President Obama. As in "This man has no clue what the problem is." Plus more of what she'd do -- dismantle the EPA (except for "conservation" -- we'll have to see what that means,)overturn Obama care. She riffed off the news of the day -- the plunging stock market -- which she said vindicated her decision not to vote to raise the debt ceiling. (Applause line.)

Plus, as you can see in this clip - the Waterloo native and 7th generation Iowan speaks to Iowans as one of them, even though she reps Minnesota. She talks like a real person does. And even though we're a bit dubious about her "titanium spine" riff (Paging Meg Whitman: Bachmann is stealing YOUR "spine of steel" riff!), she's genuine. She speaks without notes (laugh line: says she'll outlaw TelePrompters in her Administration), and her voice careens from rah-rah outdoor rally roar to a whisper ("This is a movement.")

It was the confident voice of someone who sounded like they were going to win Saturday. Unlike Rick Santorum, who told us Monday that he hopes to finish in the "second tier." Whooo-wee!!

(Excerpt) Read more at sfgate.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good  - she is going to make that disgusting kenyan traitor and looter cry.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: August 09, 2011, 10:58:39 AM »
Michele Bachmann brushes off Newsweek cover (But Editor Tina Brown says picture is appropriate)
Hotair ^ | 08/09/2011 | Tina Korbe

The president of the National Organization of Women actually rose to Rep. Michele Bachmann’s defense yesterday (didn’t see that coming!), while Newsweek editor Tina Brown tried to justify the “Crazy Eyes” cover that inspired so much conservative commentary yesterday. But one person seem disinclined to talk about the cover one way or another and that was Bachmann herself. As of yesterday afternoon, Bachmann still hadn’t seen the picture and she didn’t seem to care too much to talk about it when she could be talking about her campaign and her ideas for the country:

Brown claims the cover is OK because “Bachmann’s intensity is galvanizing voters in Iowa right now and Newsweek’s cover captures that.” But, of course, “rage” carries rather different connotations than “intensity.”

Still, Brown certainly has the “galvanizing voters” part right. According to a Monday Rasmussen Reports poll, Bachmann still leads Iowa (over Romney). Plus, Iowa talk radio host Steve Deace predicts Bachmann will easily win the Ames straw poll this Saturday. “If she stands her ground [in the debate this week] then the mystery isn’t whether or not she’ll win, but by how much,” Deace has said.

The entire episode illustrates just how beautifully Bachmann’s campaign has grown up. After the Great Migraine Scandal of Summer 2011, Bachmann’s campaign seemed the slightest bit testy, somewhat defensive (remember the rumors that one of her staffers “roughed up” a reporter who dared to ask about her headaches?). Bachmann came out on top eventually, with a thoughtfully worded statement and the brilliant release of a note from her doctor — but, in this instance, it took Bachmann just one afternoon and a few cheerful words to teach Newsweek its relative irrelevance.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: August 11, 2011, 06:25:49 PM »
She is doing a great job tonight. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: August 12, 2011, 11:23:53 PM »
Good commentary.

Bachmann 'submission' question was offensive
By Roland S. Martin, CNN Contributor
August 12, 2011

(CNN) -- While a lot of the focus after Thursday's Republican debate was on Newt Gingrich snapping at Fox News Channel's Chris Wallace for asking "gotcha" and "Mickey Mouse" questions, what I found the most offensive one of the night was Byron York questioning Rep. Michelle Bachmann with regards to submission.

As someone who didn't find the sexism in the Newsweek cover photo flap, I believe there is no doubt that the reason York only questioned Bachmann on submission had everything to do with her gender.

York's question was: "In 2006, when you were running for Congress, you described a moment in your life when your husband said you should study for a degree in tax law. You said you hated the idea. And then you explained, "But the Lord said, 'Be submissive. Wives, you are to be submissive to your husbands.' "

"As president, would you be submissive to your husband?"

Bachmann answered, in part: "Marcus and I will be married for 33 years this September 10th. I'm in love with him. I'm so proud of him. And both he and I -- what submission means to us, if that's what your question is, it means respect.

"I respect my husband. He's a wonderful, godly man, and a great father. And he respects me as his wife."

Some of my Twitter and Facebook followers say the question was appropriate because Bachmann has touted her Christian faith throughout her presidential run, and has spoken publicly about submitting to her husband.

Yet former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum tried his best to imitate former GOP presidential candidate, the Rev. Pat Robertson, and no one questioned him specifically about whether he loves his wife like Christ loved the church (that's in the same section of Ephesians 5 as Scripture discussing wives submitting to their husband).

Gov. Rick Perry just held a large prayer rally. Will he be questioned specifically about tenets of his faith? Will Herman Cain be asked whether he curses (the Bible speaks to that)?

When we look at many of the vital issues facing this country -- a rough economy, massive unemployment, wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, a continuing battle against terrorism, a fierce climate change debate, and a battle to get the nation's debt under control -- who in their right mind would waste time during a nationally-televised debate asking the only female GOP candidate about whether she would submit to her husband in the White House?

From a religious standpoint, I understand and get submission, even writing about it in my book, "Listening to the Spirit Within: 50 Perspectives on Faith."

For me, submission begins with me as a husband. When my wife knows that I'm willing to seek God's direction for my life, she knows that I'm not making crazy decisions. So she is willing to trust my judgment on various matters. And in doing so, I'm willing to trust that God has put me with the right woman, and I can trust her decisions, and that she will do what's best for both of us. This has nothing to do with losing your own mind as a woman. It is about following what Ephesians 5:21 says: "Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ."
It really is an issue that has to be fully explained to people and not taken as, "I tell you what to do, and you follow what I say."

That seems to be what York was trying to insinuate. The notion of submission can be seen in many different forms. Already, Bachmann is taking heat because she sees submission as respect. One of the best books I've read on the topic is P.B. Wilson's "Liberated Through Submission: God's Design for Freedom in All Relationships." If you desire to learn more on the issue, by all means, read, study, and listen. But don't think for a second you can fully address the issue in a presidential debate with others on the stage.

But the most important thing that folks must accept is that submission is a personal part of someone's faith. If York was trying to get at whether Bachmann would follow the advice of her husband on all matters, he needs to understand that if she was president, that role is her job. And on her job, she has final say-so. The only oath that a president is sworn to uphold is the one in the U.S. Constitution.

I don't think for a second that a woman questioner would ask such a question in a presidential debate.

What York and others must understand that if you're unwilling to question a man about tenets of his faith, then don't have a different standard for a female candidate.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Roland S. Martin.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/08/12/martin.bachmann.submission/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #470 on: August 13, 2011, 12:07:20 AM »
that question is perfectly fair.

if any man in that debate said "i am submissive to my wife" and said he chose a career he didn't like because his wife made him, YES, that would be a relevant Q.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: August 13, 2011, 01:09:33 PM »
It was a dumb question and she handled it beautifully.  I doubt she is asked that question again during the debates.  It's good message board material, but it's not a blip on the radar in this campaign. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #472 on: August 13, 2011, 02:31:25 PM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #473 on: August 13, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »

Deicide

• Getbig V