Author Topic: The Official Michele Bachmann 2012 Appreciation Thread  (Read 31191 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The Official Michele Bachmann 2012 Appreciation Thread
« Reply #375 on: July 05, 2011, 01:39:35 PM »
Bachmann: Obama Thinks "Tea Party Made Up Of Toothless Hillbillies"

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), GOP presidential candidate, warned President Obama to "be afraid of the tea Pparty."

"They want you to think that the tea party is made up of toothless hillbillies coming down out of the hills wearing red, white and blue. But the fact is, they should be afraid of the tea party," Bachmann said at a campaign rally in Iowa.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #376 on: July 05, 2011, 08:24:24 PM »
Bachmann surges far ahead of Republican contenders
Candidate races to 19-point lead over next closest GOP hopeful
Posted: July 05, 2011
6:10 pm Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2011 WND

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann is surging far ahead of her Republican rivals in the race for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination, according to a new Zogby poll.

Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn.

The U.S. representative from Minnesota, who led among announced candidates in a June 21 poll, has now added 10 percentage points to her previous mark, and now stands at 34 percent.

That's a 19-point lead over second place Herman Cain, who stayed the same at 15 percent support.

Get ready for severe inflation that could destroy the value of the U.S. dollar! Read "Crashing the Dollar"

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney came in third place, but dropped a point to 14 percent, and U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Texas dropped two percentage points to 11 percent, coming in fourth place.

They were followed by Rick Santorum at 7 percent, Tim Pawlenty and Jon Huntsman at 4 percent, and Newt Gingrich at 2 percent.

While Bachmann's support is growing, she could face trouble if some other well-known names jump into the race.

Zogby also asked for whom would Republicans vote in a primary if Texas Gov. Rick Perry, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin were candidates.

In that hypothetical scenario, Perry finished first with 18 percent, Christie second with 17 percent, Bachmann third at 15 percent, Paul fourth at 10 percent, Palin fifth at 9 percent, and Cain and Romney tied for sixth with 8 percent each.

(Story continues below)

Four Republicans (Christie, Romney, Bachmann and Pawlenty) were each in a statistical tie with President Obama when matched up against him. All other GOP contenders trail Obama.

Zogby also asked for which candidates would you never vote, and Gingrich topped the list at 46 percent, followed by Huntsman at 43 percent and Paul at 38 percent, as voters could opt for more than one choice.

The poll also asked, "Regardless of whom you intend to vote for, who do you think will get the nomination?"

Romney led the pack at 37 percent, followed by Perry at 17 percent and Bachmann at 10 percent.

The online survey of 1,042 likely Republican primary voters was taken June 28-30, and has a margin of error of +/- 3.1 percentage points.

If you'd like to sound off on this issue, please take part in the WND poll.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #377 on: July 06, 2011, 09:13:36 AM »
Bachmann: Obama Thinks "Tea Party Made Up Of Toothless Hillbillies"

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), GOP presidential candidate, warned President Obama to "be afraid of the tea Pparty."

"They want you to think that the tea party is made up of toothless hillbillies coming down out of the hills wearing red, white and blue. But the fact is, they should be afraid of the tea party," Bachmann said at a campaign rally in Iowa.

How does she know that's what Obama thinks?

And why the photo of Michelle Obama?

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #378 on: July 06, 2011, 02:15:11 PM »
How does she know that's what Obama thinks?

And why the photo of Michelle Obama?
LOL
I was going to say, "you must be new here; 333386 is just one of the inmates with a computer"
but, you should know by now he's gone 'wheels up' and it's more than a year from the election.
There will be slobbering all over his keyboard this time next year..but, he's  basically a sweetie...we have to love him.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #379 on: July 06, 2011, 07:08:42 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Oh my: Bachmann within single digits of Romney in New Hampshire?
Hot Air ^ | July 6, 2011 | Allahpundit
Posted on July 6, 2011 10:09:49 PM EDT by ejdrapes

Oh my: Bachmann within single digits of Romney in New Hampshire?
posted at 7:12 pm on July 6, 2011 by Allahpundit

Old theory: Mitt Romney really doesn’t want to have to face Perry or Palin in this race. New theory: Mitt Romney really needs Perry and/or Palin to run to divide tea partiers and halt Bachmann’s ascent. Her net favorable rating is now +40, up 20 points in just two months. In New Hampshire.

When PPP polled New Hampshire in April Michele Bachmann was stuck at 4%. She’s gained 14 points over the last three months and now finds herself within single digits of Mitt Romney. Romney continues to lead the way in the state with 25% to 18% for Bachmann, 11% for Sarah Palin, 9% for Ron Paul, 7% for Rick Perry and Herman Cain, 6% for Jon Huntsman and Tim Pawlenty, and 4% for Newt Gingrich.
Bachmann’s surge in New Hampshire is being built on the back of the Tea Party. Among voters identifying themselves as members of that movement she’s leading the way at 25% with Palin and Romney tying for second at 16%, and Cain also placing in double digits at 11%. Only 33% of Republican primary voters in the state identify themselves as Tea Partiers though and with the remaining folks Romney’s way ahead with 33% to 13% for Bachmann, and 10% for Huntsman and Paul.

Romney’s starting to show some signs of weakness in New Hampshire. His support is down 12 points from 37% on the iteration of our April poll that didn’t include Mike Huckabee or Donald Trump. His favorability numbers are headed in the wrong direction as well. He’s dropped a net 18 points from +49 at 68/19 to +31 at 60/29. He’s certainly still the front runner in the state but he’s not looking as inevitable as he did a few months ago.

Another poll from the University of New Hampshire has Romney ahead by a comfortable, more realistic 23-point margin, but even in that case, Bachmann’s crept into second place with 12 percent. I’m dying to know what she raised for the quarter to see how her haul compares to his, but her team’s holding off on releasing the numbers until July 15. His own numbers are both better and worse than they look. Better, in the sense that if you include the money raised by his super PAC, his quarterly take is closer to $30 million than it is to $18.25 million. And worse, in the sense that not long ago Team Mitt was hoping to raise — wait for it — $50 million in the first six months of 2011. No one’s going to hit him with the “underperformer” narrative until New Hampshire turns competitive, but it’s out there in the water. Lurking. With just a fin visible above the surface…

As for Pawlenty, he pulls just three percent in UNH’s poll (the same as Jon Huntsman, who’s nearly without a pulse in the new Gallup) and six percent in PPP’s poll while trailing Romney in a hypothetical head-to-head contest … by 34 points. Things suddenly look so bleak that T-Paw’s campaign co-chair has begun to lower expectations in Iowa, insisting that Bachmann will be “very hard to beat” there even though until recently the state was a cornerstone of his strategy to propel past Romney. Actual quote: “She’s got hometown appeal, she’s got ideological appeal, and, I hate to say it, but she’s got a little sex appeal too.” Ugh. Exit quotation from HuffPo’s Pawlenty premortem postmortem: “How does the sixth place candidate in the Iowa poll all of a sudden find support? Having been here so often, if folks haven’t decided to support him yet, will they now? … [It’s a] very tense and stressful situation over in Urbandale right now.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #380 on: July 06, 2011, 07:34:11 PM »
Bachmann gaining ground in N.H. poll (where she poses major threat to Romney ascendancy)
The Boston Globe ^ | 2011-07-06 | Matt Viser
Posted on July 6, 2011 10:21:42 PM EDT by rabscuttle385

WASHINGTON - Representative Michele Bachmann has rapidly gained ground in a new poll of New Hampshire voters, tapping her popularity with Tea Party activists and potentially causing problems for Republican front-runner Mitt Romney.

The former Massachusetts governor, who has long dominated polls in the Granite State, had his lead cut to single-digits in a new survey done by Public Policy Polling. Although polls taken six months before voters head to the polls can be unreliable, they can also provide a window into a volatile Republican electorate.

Bachmann, a Minnesota Republican, would get 18 percent of the vote, according to the poll. That is far higher than the 4 percent she got when the firm polled in April.

In the latest poll, she trailed 7 points behind Romney, who would get 25 percent of the vote. Former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin is the only other candidate polling in double digits, with 11 percent.

(Excerpt) Read more at boston.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #381 on: July 06, 2011, 09:45:50 PM »
if bachmann wins iowa AND NH, it might be all over.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #382 on: July 06, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »
if bachmann wins iowa AND NH, it might be all over.

That's what we're all DESPERATELY hoping for.  ;D

Mitt is CRUSHING the GOP field in dollars brought in...Pawlenty and Huntsman better start making hay or they're OUT. Paul Ron is a waste...the X Factor is Rick Perry, the secessionist governor from Texas and the most unpatriotic American to run for president since the Civil War. He could steal Bachmann's thunder by getting a Palin endorsement.
We'll see...I LOVE it!
!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: July 06, 2011, 10:40:54 PM »
If she could only get the facts straight. What a world, what a world....Sarah and Michele as presidential candidates....hope the Republicans can come up with something better soon or they are sunk for 2012.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: July 07, 2011, 03:38:03 AM »
Doesn't matter. Obama is gone no matter who runs. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #385 on: July 07, 2011, 11:00:57 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #387 on: July 07, 2011, 11:10:03 AM »
She will destroy obama if she gets the nod.

The 95'ers dont matter at all any more, the liberal jews and lgbt are meaningless, and she will get tons of indes and she will smach this disgusting commie obama.     

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #388 on: July 07, 2011, 11:17:14 AM »
She will destroy obama if she gets the nod.

The 95'ers dont matter at all any more, the liberal jews and lgbt are meaningless, and she will get tons of indes and she will smach this disgusting commie obama.     

!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #389 on: July 07, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »

Hey - lets take wage on the UE % tommorow obama is causing? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: July 07, 2011, 11:47:59 AM »
New Zogby Poll: Michele Bachmann Leaps to First Place At 39 Points While Romney Drops To 14
 7/7/2011 | Anthony

Zogby Poll shows obama is losing with only 38% of the people willing to vote for him and 56% wanting to throw him out of the White House. Michele Bachmann moving way ahead of everyone else in the GOP at 39 to Romney's 14, who is now also behind Herman Cain at 15.If Cain was by her side, she would already be at 56% of GOP likely voters!

(Excerpt) Read more at patriotstatesman.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #391 on: July 07, 2011, 11:58:32 AM »
New Zogby Poll: Michele Bachmann Leaps to First Place At 39 Points While Romney Drops To 14
 7/7/2011 | Anthony

Zogby Poll shows obama is losing with only 38% of the people willing to vote for him and 56% wanting to throw him out of the White House. Michele Bachmann moving way ahead of everyone else in the GOP at 39 to Romney's 14, who is now also behind Herman Cain at 15.If Cain was by her side, she would already be at 56% of GOP likely voters!

(Excerpt) Read more at patriotstatesman.com ...

She is really picking up steam.  I would love to see her debate Obama.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #392 on: July 07, 2011, 12:02:26 PM »

I would like to see this as well.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: July 07, 2011, 12:02:40 PM »

Right now - I am for either Bachmann or RP.  

Romney - no way.  
T-Paw - Pussy
Santorum - nice guy but not connecting
Cain - having trouble with employees but I still like him.
Huntsmann - flop.
Newt - go the hell away!  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: July 07, 2011, 12:35:43 PM »
I would like to see this as well.

I hope she doesn't get demonized the way so many candidates do. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: July 07, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
Right now - I am for either Bachmann or RP.  

Romney - no way.  
T-Paw - Pussy
Santorum - nice guy but not connecting
Cain - having trouble with employees but I still like him.
Huntsmann - flop.
Newt - go the hell away!  

I think Romney is probably still the front runner, but there is a long way to go.  Perry could step in and shake things up. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: July 07, 2011, 12:42:34 PM »
Bachmann gaining ground in N.H. poll (where she poses major threat to Romney ascendancy)
The Boston Globe ^ | 2011-07-06 | Matt Viser

WASHINGTON - Representative Michele Bachmann has rapidly gained ground in a new poll of New Hampshire voters, tapping her popularity with Tea Party activists and potentially causing problems for Republican front-runner Mitt Romney.

The former Massachusetts governor, who has long dominated polls in the Granite State, had his lead cut to single-digits in a new survey done by Public Policy Polling. Although polls taken six months before voters head to the polls can be unreliable, they can also provide a window into a volatile Republican electorate.

Bachmann, a Minnesota Republican, would get 18 percent of the vote, according to the poll. That is far higher than the 4 percent she got when the firm polled in April.

In the latest poll, she trailed 7 points behind Romney, who would get 25 percent of the vote. Former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin is the only other candidate polling in double digits, with 11 percent.

(Excerpt) Read more at boston.com ...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #397 on: July 07, 2011, 12:42:47 PM »
I think Romney is probably still the front runner, but there is a long way to go.  Perry could step in and shake things up.  

I don't know... I still think RP sounds good.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #398 on: July 07, 2011, 01:04:28 PM »
I don't know... I still think RP sounds good.

I agree he sounds good, but he's not getting out of the primary.  He's at 7 percent nationwide.  I doubt he gets much higher than that. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: July 07, 2011, 01:54:21 PM »
I agree he sounds good, but he's not getting out of the primary.  He's at 7 percent nationwide.  I doubt he gets much higher than that. 

Isn't it great that everyone and their bother or sister is throwing their hat in the ring for the Republican nomination. With any luck the Repulican party will pick another loser like they did last time. How about a ticket with Michele and Sarah for President and Vice President? That would be a double tea party whammy! LOL!