Author Topic: Pittsburgh police beat 18-year-old violinist, honor student  (Read 13657 times)

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Pittsburgh police beat 18-year-old violinist, honor student
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 04:46:05 PM »
everybody hates the police, until they need them

5 pittsburgh area police officers have been killed within the last 10 months so cop haters rejoice ::)

E

I'll bet those 5 were good, honest officers.

Too many cops are just arseholes who love the power. Give the good ones a bad rep.

I think we all know that not a damn thing is gonna be done with these cops. It would be the same even if the kid had been white. Police officers watched over by police officers are untouchable 99% of the time.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 04:52:01 PM »
Why would you run after they ID'd themselves as Police ?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 04:54:58 PM »
The police in every state are getting way too aggresive. it will be interesting to what happens being that both stories are so contrast

Hopefully they will be looking at some serious jail/prison time.

Police have really started to get out hand here in recent years.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 08:18:51 PM »
sounds like these policemen should do something else,, maybe work as bouncers or something.,,

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 08:19:44 PM »
Any guy playing a violin needs his ass beat.
((-::

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 08:23:43 PM »
Let this be a lesson to the rest of the chocolate faces.
P

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 09:54:20 PM »
Yeah but if it was a white kid that had goten beaten up big_mal would not have made this thread.
True, plus it never would have been a news story.  And who says a person who plays the violin can't be a criminal? 

big ike

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 10:18:01 PM »
I live close to the burgh. And last year some wacko ambushed 3 cops with an ak, killing them all. It just had in the paper they found some journal and he wanted to kill jews blacks ex girlfriend her parents his neighbors and their pets. I dont think any of them play the violin though

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 10:39:02 PM »
the police are only good if you white

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 10:58:33 PM »
everybody hates the police, until they need them

5 pittsburgh area police officers have been killed within the last 10 months so cop haters rejoice ::)

E

as it seems that everybody carry a gun in usa, i understand why cops can be careful.
just because he's a black and honor student doesn't mean that cop are liar.

5 cops killed in 10 month...
asstropin

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 11:00:07 PM »
the black youth in my community have so much potential.
they just need some guidance and a faithful caretaker in they life.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2010, 11:02:13 PM »
Hey big_mal is going to be an MD.  He's got his shit together.  But word of advice don't talk ebonics while on the job bro.  LOL.  

Who knows what happened with this little black kid.  It's sad actually and many of you are right...police brutality has gotten way out of hand.  But if this was a white kid it wouldn't get nearly the attention from people like big_mal or the media.  

razzle

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2010, 08:37:36 AM »
There was another black man in history who played the violin.....

He was then the Heavyweight Champion in the world for 11+ years!

Joe Louis would have smashed those idiots!   - Taser of course....

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2010, 08:42:57 AM »
Thats not Mitch Green.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2010, 09:52:17 AM »
That sucks but he shouldnt have ran they would have searched him found the bottle and he would have been on his way....his fault..
p

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2010, 09:53:38 AM »
That sucks but he shouldnt have ran they would have searched him found the bottle and he would have been on his way....his fault..

they were undercover and he said they didnt identify themselves as police...they just started chasing him

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2010, 09:54:28 AM »
Thats not Mitch Green.
he did look like that photo after Tyson got him

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2010, 09:58:56 AM »
the black youth in my community have so much potential.
they just need some guidance and a faithful caretaker in they life.

Hi typical delusional liberal.

Mjohnson81

• Getbig II
  • прощать
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 11:21:19 AM »
they were undercover and he said they didnt identify themselves as police...they just started chasing him

Ya, cause the first thing cops do when they walk up to you is start chasing you...wake up!!!  It's the damn kids fault, no one elses.   

You dont run from the cops, you don't get beat!!

END OF STORY. 

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2010, 11:50:05 AM »
he did look like that photo after Tyson got him
Bit :Dch Green
((-::

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2010, 12:13:55 PM »
When I was 18 I was playing the cello. Even if I ran track, it would have been hard to run with one of those. In my line of work I see people who run from the police daily, yet they don't get people the hell up. And tasing should be the last resort (next to shooting). I've seen dudes who have beaten up their girlfriends brought in, and then act a fool and then get tasered.
There was a white girl who had never been arrested who was going to be stopped in her car, yet she floored it and threw out something, and crashed the car, she panicked

There is the truth between both their stories, but mostblack folk on her know, we tend to have a great distrust of the police. Period. Not saying that running is right, if they did identify themselves, but sometimes just saying "Yes Officer, no Officer." ends  it.

If they didn't identfiy themselves, who is going stand there while two people chase your ass down? Then taser you?

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2010, 12:16:23 PM »
first off...you dont know me. I dont have a white half.. Do you call me uncle mal because i graduated from college and im black/latino so i should be playing basketball baseball or slanging in your book..You think thats what blacks are piegon holed into...Na my man. Youre in idiot. And blacks cant play violin...Why? because in your book we arent supposed to...who are you..who gives a shit about you?
And where do you get your data from, Dude according to the kid (the honor Roll kid) the cops didnt identify themselves and were UNDERCOVER which is why, the ran after him and he ran...REad the story broham.

In that case it must be true  ::)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2010, 12:43:04 PM »
Why would you run after they ID'd themselves as Police ?

They were in plainsclothes so I would be very skeptical as well especially if they approached him prior to identification. 

Overall, the police officers did not have probable cause because they did not witness an act of any crime taking place and did not identify him with a having a weapon. Seeing a large object in your pocket is not good enough.  This is why I feel that plainclothes officers should only observe and report and uniformed officers should do the approach the search.  A lot of stations have changed over to this rule and this is a clear example why.

At least this guy's college education is now paid in full  because the civil lawsuit is going to be in the millions. 

A

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2010, 12:43:47 PM »
Pittsburgh police beat 18-year-old violinist, honor student

Jordan Miles' badly bruised head and face after being arrested by undercover Pittsburgh police. (Photo: Terez Miles)
On the night of January 11, Jordan Miles, an 18-year-old violinist and honor student at Pittsburgh’s prestigious Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) high school, was allegedly beaten by three undercover Pittsburgh Police officers. Miles was reportedly en route to his grandmother’s house at the time, though he never reached his destination:

According to the police criminal complaint, three officers on undercover patrol in Homewood — Richard Ewing, Michael Saldutte and David Sisak — spied Mr. Miles at 11 p.m. Jan. 11 by a house on Tioga Street. Seeing a heavy object in his coat, they identified themselves as police and ordered him to stop.

Mr. Miles ran and the officers shot him with a Taser and struck him several times during a struggle. The complaint says with “Miles’s having assaulted two police officers, believing that he was armed, unable to handcuff him, and Miles not following any commands, [Officers Saldutte and Ewing] began to deliver knee strikes to both sides of Miles’s body in an attempt to get his hands behind his back … At this point Ofc. Sisak delivered 2-3 closed fist strikes to Miles’ head/face with still no effect.”

The complaint said the heavy object in his coat turned out to be a bottle of Mountain Dew. (via Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)

Miles’ account of the event contrasts that of the three officers. In response to why he resisted, Miles stated that the men never identified themselves as police officers and he believed they were trying to abduct him. So he ran and was quickly Tasered. Then, after falling to the ground, he resisted and was kneed in the ribs and struck with multiple closed-fist punches to the head. During the struggle, Miles’ family and attorney also reported that a chunk of his hair was yanked out (see photo) and a tree branch pierced his gums. And according to news reports, Miles has no prior criminal record.

Undercover officers Ewing, Saldutte, and Sisak have been reassigned to uniformed duty pending an investigation. Kerry Lewis, Miles’ attorney, denied that the undercover officers identified themselves. Lewis also stated that he believes the family will be filing a federal civil rights lawsuit against the officers.

Given the violent nature of the case, it will be interesting to see how Pittsburgh Police handle the matter.

reminds me of hollywood nights
F

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2010, 12:46:04 PM »
I can tell you one thing...unidentified plain clothes fuzz + out of nowhere chasing after somebody where I grew up talking about they the cops, hey, come here, stop lol = they would be found dead later on with no witnesses.

those were some brave azz cops is all i'm saying.  ;)