Author Topic: Pittsburgh police beat 18-year-old violinist, honor student  (Read 13656 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Pittsburgh police beat 18-year-old violinist, honor student
« on: January 26, 2010, 11:43:19 AM »

Jordan Miles' badly bruised head and face after being arrested by undercover Pittsburgh police. (Photo: Terez Miles)
On the night of January 11, Jordan Miles, an 18-year-old violinist and honor student at Pittsburgh’s prestigious Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) high school, was allegedly beaten by three undercover Pittsburgh Police officers. Miles was reportedly en route to his grandmother’s house at the time, though he never reached his destination:

According to the police criminal complaint, three officers on undercover patrol in Homewood — Richard Ewing, Michael Saldutte and David Sisak — spied Mr. Miles at 11 p.m. Jan. 11 by a house on Tioga Street. Seeing a heavy object in his coat, they identified themselves as police and ordered him to stop.

Mr. Miles ran and the officers shot him with a Taser and struck him several times during a struggle. The complaint says with “Miles’s having assaulted two police officers, believing that he was armed, unable to handcuff him, and Miles not following any commands, [Officers Saldutte and Ewing] began to deliver knee strikes to both sides of Miles’s body in an attempt to get his hands behind his back … At this point Ofc. Sisak delivered 2-3 closed fist strikes to Miles’ head/face with still no effect.”

The complaint said the heavy object in his coat turned out to be a bottle of Mountain Dew. (via Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)

Miles’ account of the event contrasts that of the three officers. In response to why he resisted, Miles stated that the men never identified themselves as police officers and he believed they were trying to abduct him. So he ran and was quickly Tasered. Then, after falling to the ground, he resisted and was kneed in the ribs and struck with multiple closed-fist punches to the head. During the struggle, Miles’ family and attorney also reported that a chunk of his hair was yanked out (see photo) and a tree branch pierced his gums. And according to news reports, Miles has no prior criminal record.

Undercover officers Ewing, Saldutte, and Sisak have been reassigned to uniformed duty pending an investigation. Kerry Lewis, Miles’ attorney, denied that the undercover officers identified themselves. Lewis also stated that he believes the family will be filing a federal civil rights lawsuit against the officers.

Given the violent nature of the case, it will be interesting to see how Pittsburgh Police handle the matter.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Pittsburgh police beat 18-year-old violinist, honor student
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 11:52:19 AM »
big mal--you know how Pittsburgh Police will handle it...they will sweep it under the rug and blame the kid for running and say the force used was justified to effect the arrest.  are you really surprised?

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 11:54:25 AM »

Jordan Miles' badly bruised head and face after being arrested by undercover Pittsburgh police. (Photo: Terez Miles)
On the night of January 11, Jordan Miles, an 18-year-old violinist and honor student at Pittsburgh’s prestigious Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) high school, was allegedly beaten by three undercover Pittsburgh Police officers. Miles was reportedly en route to his grandmother’s house at the time, though he never reached his destination:

According to the police criminal complaint, three officers on undercover patrol in Homewood — Richard Ewing, Michael Saldutte and David Sisak — spied Mr. Miles at 11 p.m. Jan. 11 by a house on Tioga Street. Seeing a heavy object in his coat, they identified themselves as police and ordered him to stop.

Mr. Miles ran and the officers shot him with a Taser and struck him several times during a struggle. The complaint says with “Miles’s having assaulted two police officers, believing that he was armed, unable to handcuff him, and Miles not following any commands, [Officers Saldutte and Ewing] began to deliver knee strikes to both sides of Miles’s body in an attempt to get his hands behind his back … At this point Ofc. Sisak delivered 2-3 closed fist strikes to Miles’ head/face with still no effect.”

The complaint said the heavy object in his coat turned out to be a bottle of Mountain Dew. (via Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)

Miles’ account of the event contrasts that of the three officers. In response to why he resisted, Miles stated that the men never identified themselves as police officers and he believed they were trying to abduct him. So he ran and was quickly Tasered. Then, after falling to the ground, he resisted and was kneed in the ribs and struck with multiple closed-fist punches to the head. During the struggle, Miles’ family and attorney also reported that a chunk of his hair was yanked out (see photo) and a tree branch pierced his gums. And according to news reports, Miles has no prior criminal record.

Undercover officers Ewing, Saldutte, and Sisak have been reassigned to uniformed duty pending an investigation. Kerry Lewis, Miles’ attorney, denied that the undercover officers identified themselves. Lewis also stated that he believes the family will be filing a federal civil rights lawsuit against the officers.

Given the violent nature of the case, it will be interesting to see how Pittsburgh Police handle the matter.

Guess they played him like a violin.

On a serious note ( ;D) it will definitely be  interesting to see how Pittsburgh Police handle this

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 11:54:45 AM »
big mal--you know how Pittsburgh Police will handle it...they will sweep it under the rug and blame the kid for running and say the force used was justified to effect the arrest.  are you really surprised?

What they thought was a gun turned out to be a Mountian Dew..by the way...the kid said he didnt even have that...
This is awful...maybe they thought he was like Desperado and had a gun in the case instead of a violin

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 11:55:30 AM »
lots of similiarities to the whole Little Red Riding hood story from the past

I'm never going to Grandmas house carrying anything, its an invitation to trouble

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 12:03:55 PM »
Deserved it.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 12:05:35 PM »
A black man playing a violin....are you sure?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 12:05:43 PM »
What they thought was a gun turned out to be a Mountian Dew..by the way...the kid said he didnt even have that...
This is awful...maybe they thought he was like Desperado and had a gun in the case instead of a violin

it is awful...but this happens everyday in the city...

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 12:07:49 PM »
We all know what violinists are like.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 12:08:44 PM »
That's going too far now... f*cking pigs should die

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 12:10:07 PM »

The police in every state are getting way too aggresive. it will be interesting to what happens being that both stories are so contrast

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 12:19:08 PM »
The sad part is the cops will get administrative leave and counselling for the next three years while actually getting paid their full salaries.  It's a fucking joke.  Nothing like a few years off and getting paid for it.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 12:22:52 PM »
The sad part is the cops will get administrative leave and counselling for the next three years while actually getting paid their full salaries.  It's a fucking joke.  Nothing like a few years off and getting paid for it.

I agree these losers need to get reprimanded and charged for assault and battery...that's just wrong, these pigs are getting way too much of a powertrip these days.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 12:34:03 PM »
Like most cases like this, cops cover for cops there will be some bullshit investigation, get sent to a vacation desk job, slap on the wrist and like a criminal, they'll be back out on the streets to do it again.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 12:34:37 PM »
Hit the music.... ;)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 12:35:20 PM »
Yeah but if it was a white kid that had goten beaten up big_mal would not have made this thread.

unskinny

• Getbig II
  • Getbigtoo!
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 12:55:48 PM »
A black man carrying a violin definitely constitutes probable cause to believe a theft has occurred.  I mean, abset Carl from Fresh Prince and Jamie Foxx in the movies when has a black man ever carried a violin?

Plus if the police were really racist, they wouldve claimed it was Fanta grape and not Mountain Dew.

And who resists after being tasered and tackled. That's when an innocent person taps out.

Guilty of being black, stealing a violin from an Asian girl, and carrying a concealed grape soda.
MikeMatarazzo.com

spinnis

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 12:58:08 PM »
So he ran and we should feel sorry for him because hes black and RAN?!?!  ???

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 01:03:19 PM »
A black man carrying a violin definitely constitutes probable cause to believe a theft has occurred.  I mean, abset Carl from Fresh Prince and Jamie Foxx in the movies when has a black man ever carried a violin?

Plus if the police were really racist, they wouldve claimed it was Fanta grape and not Mountain Dew.

And who resists after being tasered and tackled. That's when an innocent person taps out.

Guilty of being black, stealing a violin from an Asian girl, and carrying a concealed grape soda.

You mean a bottle of Red Juice

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 01:12:13 PM »
Violin. Violence.  There has to be a joke in here, somewhere.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 01:20:25 PM »

You left out the guy from the Dave Mathews Band

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 01:26:10 PM »
Yeah but if it was a white kid that had goten beaten up big_mal would not have made this thread.

are you sure...do you know me bro...do you know my stance on race...dont attempt to peg me as some kind of pro black racist...did i type the word "black" in at all...yeah you just made yourself look like an ass bitch.. there aint a racist bone in my body

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 01:42:36 PM »
are you sure...do you know me bro...do you know my stance on race...dont attempt to peg me as some kind of pro black racist...did i type the word "black" in at all...yeah you just made yourself look like an ass bitch.. there aint a racist bone in my body

UNcle Mal, you are the most lop sided halfrican on GB. Show some love to your white half!

Black violinist = oxymoron

Also, why do innocent people run from the po po? Never figured this one out.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 01:48:31 PM »
UNcle Mal, you are the most lop sided halfrican on GB. Show some love to your white half!

Black violinist = oxymoron

Also, why do innocent people run from the po po? Never figured this one out.

first off...you dont know me. I dont have a white half.. Do you call me uncle mal because i graduated from college and im black/latino so i should be playing basketball baseball or slanging in your book..You think thats what blacks are piegon holed into...Na my man. Youre in idiot. And blacks cant play violin...Why? because in your book we arent supposed to...who are you..who gives a shit about you?
And where do you get your data from, Dude according to the kid (the honor Roll kid) the cops didnt identify themselves and were UNDERCOVER which is why, the ran after him and he ran...REad the story broham.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 04:36:22 PM »
everybody hates the police, until they need them

5 pittsburgh area police officers have been killed within the last 10 months so cop haters rejoice ::)

E
E