Author Topic: WrestleMania Results & Discussion:  (Read 26717 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: WrestleMania Results & Discussion:
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2010, 03:34:02 PM »
I agree with you.
But, I also suspect that Bret wasn’t happy with either his WWF or overall career ending.

This last run may be the closest thing to the “high note” that Bret always wanted to end on.
Improved relations may also help the Dynasty.
I haven’t been keeping tabs, but I suspect that Bret may do some future work with the Fed – at least, in some capacity.

I also think he'll probably work to get Owen some commercial recognition, although the toughest battle there will likely be with Martha.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2010, 06:21:17 AM »
I've never seen anything stating that. Every source I've read about it claims that Warrior simply won the rights to the name, not that he got the money.

And, he recently lost his lawsuit against WWE for making "The Self-Destruction of The Ultimate Warrior". WWE and Warrior, however, came to an agreement and waived the court costs that Warrior had to pay.
Watch the Warrior DVD. Jim Ross stated that he was awarded 6 mil.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2010, 06:25:40 AM »
It was stupid for Hellwig to try suing over that DVD.
Yet, I knew he would.
He may own the rights to the UW name & likeness, but Vince owns all the WWF footage that UW appears on.

The footage shot before Hellwig acquired the UW rights is property of Titan.
The stuff shot after Jim’s acquisition was done in contractual agreement with WWF.
Warrior’s paycheck for that work constitutes the financial compensation WWF paid to use the UW character – a licensing fee or lease, if you will.

Essentially, any footage of UW for which WWE reimbursed him is Vince’s property.
And unless there was some kind of contractual agreement regarding future use, Vince can do whatever he wants to with that footage without having to answer to Hellwig.

Jim can do whatever he wants with the UW persona.
But he can’t stop Vince from doing whatever he wants with the material he paid for years ago.

Spot on to that post! Warrior will never be satisfied. He is constantly suing people (not just WWE) for rights to this and rights to that and other bullshit. He is a freakin tool.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2010, 06:05:25 PM »
Watch the Warrior DVD. Jim Ross stated that he was awarded 6 mil.

No he doesn't. I have the DVD and just watched it shortly after making that post, earlier.

Jim Ross: "The fact that he would file a multi-million dollar lawsuit, to acquire the rights to his name.......one would think you're doing it for business purposes.

And later, during that section regarding the lawsuit, Ross is a bit dismissive about it.

If that lawsuit allowed him to have the rights to his name, you know, good for him.

So, once again, where is the confirmation that Helwig did indeed get 6 million dollars along with the rights to the "Ultimate Warrior" name?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2010, 05:56:23 AM »
No he doesn't. I have the DVD and just watched it shortly after making that post, earlier.

Jim Ross: "The fact that he would file a multi-million dollar lawsuit, to acquire the rights to his name.......one would think you're doing it for business purposes.

And later, during that section regarding the lawsuit, Ross is a bit dismissive about it.

If that lawsuit allowed him to have the rights to his name, you know, good for him.

So, once again, where is the confirmation that Helwig did indeed get 6 million dollars along with the rights to the "Ultimate Warrior" name?

Chill. No need to be self righteous  ::) From Wrestlefest site...

The WWE and Warrior Settle Lawsuit

Published September 20th, 2009 in Headlines

Reports are indicating that the lawsuit Warrior (Ultimate Warrior) filed against WWE back in January 2006 regarding the Self Destruction of The Ultimate Warrior DVD is over. Judge Douglas L. Rayes ruled that Warrior could not sue Vince for damages over the WWE’s comments about him on the DVD. Warrior filed a claim stating that the DVD violated a March 2000 Settlement Agreement between the WWE and Ultimate Creations Inc, which is Warrior’s Arizona corporation. That agreement allowed the WWE to use footage of Warrior, but that Warrior owned the rights and trademarks to the Ultimate Warrior character and could use them in any future venue as he decreed. It was also agreed that both parties would “not disparage each other”. The WWE agreed to pay $890,000 to Warrior’s Ultimate Creations as part of the settlement agreement. This fails in comparison to Warriors past lawsuit for rights to his name when he was awarded by a New York court the sum of 6 million dollars. The case had been dragging, and during his appearances, it was found that Warrior made “publicly disparaging claims” against the WWE. It was ruled that Warrior himself breached the contract, and that he was not legally able to receive damages for the same thing he accused WWE of.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2010, 06:30:30 AM »
Chill. No need to be self righteous  ::) From Wrestlefest site...

The WWE and Warrior Settle Lawsuit

Published September 20th, 2009 in Headlines

Reports are indicating that the lawsuit Warrior (Ultimate Warrior) filed against WWE back in January 2006 regarding the Self Destruction of The Ultimate Warrior DVD is over. Judge Douglas L. Rayes ruled that Warrior could not sue Vince for damages over the WWE’s comments about him on the DVD. Warrior filed a claim stating that the DVD violated a March 2000 Settlement Agreement between the WWE and Ultimate Creations Inc, which is Warrior’s Arizona corporation. That agreement allowed the WWE to use footage of Warrior, but that Warrior owned the rights and trademarks to the Ultimate Warrior character and could use them in any future venue as he decreed. It was also agreed that both parties would “not disparage each other”. The WWE agreed to pay $890,000 to Warrior’s Ultimate Creations as part of the settlement agreement. This fails in comparison to Warriors past lawsuit for rights to his name when he was awarded by a New York court the sum of 6 million dollars. The case had been dragging, and during his appearances, it was found that Warrior made “publicly disparaging claims” against the WWE. It was ruled that Warrior himself breached the contract, and that he was not legally able to receive damages for the same thing he accused WWE of.

I wasn't being self-righteous. I merely pointed out that Ross does NOT confirm on the "Self-Destruction...." DVD that Helwig actually got the $6 million, just the rights to the Warrior name. And, I hadn't seen any reports that he got the money, until now. All I've seen, until now, was that he won the rights to the Ultimate Warrior name.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2010, 07:07:15 AM »
I wasn't being self-righteous. I merely pointed out that Ross does NOT confirm on the "Self-Destruction...." DVD that Helwig actually got the $6 million, just the rights to the Warrior name. And, I hadn't seen any reports that he got the money, until now. All I've seen, until now, was that he won the rights to the Ultimate Warrior name.

Now you have your answer. Cheers.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2010, 12:22:46 PM »
I think Undertaker is gonna face HHH next year. Then Cena the next for his 20th win.
Are we even gonna have a Raw show tonight? I read that the Raw oster is still stuck in Europe due to flight cancellations from that volcanic ash.  ???

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2010, 12:38:21 PM »
I think Undertaker is gonna face HHH next year. Then Cena the next for his 20th win.

I don't see that working, unless it's a title match. Besides, the streak loses a bit of its luster, if 'Taker keeps facing men he's beaten already.

Kane, twice; Michaels, twice. I'd say one match against Cena; he's really the only guy left, worth facing that the Deadman hasn't defeated at WrestleMania.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2010, 12:51:10 PM »
Vince needs to start building up some new talent QUICK!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2010, 12:53:43 PM »

He already has. The Cenas, Ortons, Batistas etc. will replace guys like Helmsley and 'Taker. Plus, you have Punk, Swagger, Kingston, Miz, Morrison, Sheamus, etc.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2010, 01:08:31 PM »
I’ll give the benefit of the doubt, but until/unless they continue to improve by leaps & bounds, I cannot consider someone like Miz or even Swagger as a suitable “replacement” for the Undertaker.
That would be like replacing filet mignon with chicken McNuggets. 
And not the good, old-fashioned McNuggets, either – I mean the newer “healthier” ones.

But, I digress...

Punk, on the other hand, has impressed the hell out of me.
Despite his look (or lack, thereof), he's come a long way.
I remember working indy shows with him 6 years ago.
I always smile to myself that he made it to the Fed., as I'd always pegged him as a ROH/indy worker-4-life.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2010, 04:32:45 AM »
The only way that will happen is if he signs new talant asap. Thats Vince's problem. Before he had Jim Ross, Jim Cornette, Paul Heyman & Bruce Pritchard scouting different talant across the world. Now he has nobody experienced doing that.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2010, 12:26:48 PM »
What kind of impact do you think Heyman would have on TNA?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2010, 04:12:45 AM »
What kind of impact do you think Heyman would have on TNA?
He'll be good backstage as he knows the business well. He can help the talant, sign new talant, scout, etc. From what I have heard, TNA is trying to sign Jim Ross & Heyman.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2010, 05:47:37 AM »
Supposedly, Ross & Taz keep in touch.
When is JR’s contract up?
I just could never see him leaving the Fed.

Time could prove me wrong.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2010, 09:02:06 AM »
From wrestlezone.com:

According to a high level source within TNA, Jim Ross has had a meeting with TNA officials concerning the possibility of signing with the company.

"I was informed that within the past week or so, Ross met with both TNA President Dixie Carter and Dean Broadhead, the CFO of TNA, and the two sides discussed the possibility of Jim Ross signing with TNA. I was told TNA has interest in bringing JR into the company as they are still in the process of trying to "shake things up" on TV."

It should be noted that this was just a meeting, and should not be taken to mean that Ross has signed, or is going to sign with TNA.

Currently, JR is still under contract with WWE, but the deal expires on April 30th.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2010, 05:03:22 AM »
From wrestlezone.com:

According to a high level source within TNA, Jim Ross has had a meeting with TNA officials concerning the possibility of signing with the company.

"I was informed that within the past week or so, Ross met with both TNA President Dixie Carter and Dean Broadhead, the CFO of TNA, and the two sides discussed the possibility of Jim Ross signing with TNA. I was told TNA has interest in bringing JR into the company as they are still in the process of trying to "shake things up" on TV."

It should be noted that this was just a meeting, and should not be taken to mean that Ross has signed, or is going to sign with TNA.

Currently, JR is still under contract with WWE, but the deal expires on April 30th.

WWE has treated Jim Ross like shit from day 1. Yet Jim Ross always kept coming back and has always been a company "yes" man. It would not surprise me one bit if he wound up in TNA. The same water holds for Heyman.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2010, 10:59:57 AM »
Ross strikes me as someone who’s been smart enough with his money & business affairs that he doesn’t need to rely on WWE.

He could most likely take a pay cut (if that be the case) in TNA and not have to worry about paying the bills.
And if it means he'd be happier overall, all the better.

I think the more reliant you are on Vince, the more he likes you because that translates to a form of control he has over you.

Ross is educated, had plenty of other work experience, and was “somebody” outside of WWF.
Basically, Vince didn’t “have him by the balls,” so to speak.
Less control.
Good for J.R.
Go where you’re happy!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2010, 08:44:43 PM »
I always wondered when JR got Bell's Palsy, something I got when younger (the paralysis in my left face came back after a month or so) was the firing real or just part of a story line?

seems to me that you could sue pretty successfully for being fired from a job because of an affliction that you could not prevent (they still don't know what causes Bell's Palsy) and it did not prevent you from doing your job (JR could speak fine)

if it was real, holy crap they did treat him like shit.. :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2010, 08:21:02 AM »
The first time he was fired in Feb of ‘94 was for real. That was right after his first BP attack.

He was brought back a short time later to fill in for Vince, who’d been federally indicted.
When Vince was acquitted, they let JR go again.
I’m not sure what kind of arrangement they had, but Ross was hired again just before ‘95’s Mania.

As far as I know, all of the subsequent “firings” were worked.
The one where the McMahon family fired him was a story line excuse for Ross’ absence while he had, and recovered from, colon surgery.

I honestly don’t know what kind of personal feelings JR has towards his employers, but he’s been with the company for the better part of 16 years.
“Something” there is worth him staying.
I doubt he needs WWE for anything at this point in his life.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2010, 04:36:12 AM »
Maybe not needs it so to speak? But JR definitely had one of my dream jobs. All that excitement would be hard to give up.
With regards to WWE commentators, is it just me or does Matt Striker get on your nerves?