Author Topic: Glen Beck's finest moment.  (Read 5175 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Glen Beck's finest moment.
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2010, 06:08:04 AM »
While Beck may be a bit "excitable", the man has done quite a bit of good work.  Like 333 says he has done a lot to draw attention to some shady characters Obama has appointed.

The obamabots hate the fact that he is entertaining and informative at the same time.  I dont get hard news from Beck, but he does a lot of good leg work exposing corruption.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2010, 08:47:00 AM »
Im not a big Beck fan at all. At times he is whiny and annoying. However, trying to compare his education to Rachel Maddows as an explanation as to why Maddow is a better and more credible journalist is complete nonsense.

Both are pundits on cable news. Their job is not to present the news in an unbiased way. Their job is to give their opinion. Using someones educational backround as a measuring stick for credibility is as logically questionable as using ones racial background for credibility. I see a thugged out black kid walking toward me wearing baggy clothes and a bandanna. It's after midnight and the street is deserted. I get spooked because don't most thugged out looking black kids walk the streets after dark looking to rob, rape and pillage? I turn around and run-- I spot a cop and I tell him the big bad black man is after me. The cop grabs the kid and it turns out, he was trying to return my wallet which had fallen out of my pocket a few blocks earlier. Also, the wallet contains my money-- and the kid is a honor student going to graduate school walking home from doing volunteer work at a homeless shelter.  The next day I go online to check the status of my stock portfolio and guess what? My Wharton Business School educated broker cleaned out my life savings and split the country to avoid being apprehended by the authorities for perpatrating a 50 million dollar Ponzi scheme.

When you make a broadbased stereotypical judgment based on the brand name that is on someones diploma without taking the time to examine what comes out of their mouth or what is in their makeup, you are just as ignorant and out of touch with reality as the scenario I alluded to above. Do people who go to Harvard or Yale tend to tell the truth more often than people who don't? GW Bush and Obama irrefutably dispel that idiotic assumption.

Does somebody need a wall full of post graduate degrees from an ivy league school to get on television and spout off their opinion? Obviously not-- and what value would that have anyway? That's part of the problem with the liberal mindset and it explains why MSNBC and all the liberal radio stations are a disaster. Thinking your better than everyone else just because XYZ without proving it  just makes you look immature and out of touch with reality.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2010, 11:21:25 AM »
Im not a big Beck fan at all. At times he is whiny and annoying. However, trying to compare his education to Rachel Maddows as an explanation as to why Maddow is a better and more credible journalist is complete nonsense.

Both are pundits on cable news. Their job is not to present the news in an unbiased way. Their job is to give their opinion. Using someones educational backround as a measuring stick for credibility is as logically questionable as using ones racial background for credibility. I see a thugged out black kid walking toward me wearing baggy clothes and a bandanna. It's after midnight and the street is deserted. I get spooked because don't most thugged out looking black kids walk the streets after dark looking to rob, rape and pillage? I turn around and run-- I spot a cop and I tell him the big bad black man is after me. The cop grabs the kid and it turns out, he was trying to return my wallet which had fallen out of my pocket a few blocks earlier. Also, the wallet contains my money-- and the kid is a honor student going to graduate school walking home from doing volunteer work at a homeless shelter.  The next day I go online to check the status of my stock portfolio and guess what? My Wharton Business School educated broker cleaned out my life savings and split the country to avoid being apprehended by the authorities for perpatrating a 50 million dollar Ponzi scheme.

When you make a broadbased stereotypical judgment based on the brand name that is on someones diploma without taking the time to examine what comes out of their mouth or what is in their makeup, you are just as ignorant and out of touch with reality as the scenario I alluded to above. Do people who go to Harvard or Yale tend to tell the truth more often than people who don't? GW Bush and Obama irrefutably dispel that idiotic assumption.

Does somebody need a wall full of post graduate degrees from an ivy league school to get on television and spout off their opinion? Obviously not-- and what value would that have anyway? That's part of the problem with the liberal mindset and it explains why MSNBC and all the liberal radio stations are a disaster. Thinking your better than everyone else just because XYZ without proving it  just makes you look immature and out of touch with reality.

Great post GW.

I have met hs grads who are far more intelligent than obama could ever possibly be while at the same time meeting phds who are dumber than rocks. 

Hiding behind paper parchments is cowardly at best. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2010, 11:24:13 AM »
Listen, you may disagree with Obama and feel he's an idiot for pushing thru a shit agenda...

but you don't get a law degree from harvard while being stupid.

Yes, you hate his policies which hand our had earned money over to lazy shits, I agree with that.  But "This person with a phd or Jd is stupid~" because you disagre with them is weak.  He's a smart guy, he's just misguided... just like Dubya.  Bush was very smart too. He just started wars cause cheney and friends told him to.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2010, 10:33:46 PM »
Listen, you may disagree with Obama and feel he's an idiot for pushing thru a shit agenda...

but you don't get a law degree from harvard while being stupid.

Yes, you hate his policies which hand our had earned money over to lazy shits, I agree with that.  But "This person with a phd or Jd is stupid~" because you disagre with them is weak.  He's a smart guy, he's just misguided... just like Dubya.  Bush was very smart too. He just started wars cause cheney and friends told him to.

boom

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2010, 12:31:02 AM »
and to be fair - I think Palin is pretty bright too.  She knows how to manipulate situations, form networks, and build some pretty powerful relationships.

She's just not well-versed in things like history or the economy - things that a president should be very good at.  Obama knows law, there is no denying that, and he did spend 5 years touring the world on the foreign relations committee in congress, so he was somewhat good there.  He had no economic skills - and we're seeing that now :(  he just kept the old money guys in charge and did whatever they said while punching thru a clinton stimulus.

So I don't want to just kneepad obama here - most people at the top level of politics are pretty bright.  Pelosi (whom I disagree with on nearly everything) is very bright.  Mitt and Rudy and yes, Mccain are very bright.  Edwards is not that bright, neither is fred thompson.

misguided and 'dumb' are tricky terms.  You can be naive to fall for a misguided political views - and be a smart person the whole time.  Hell, I tested 137 IQ through grade school and got an MBA without too much study, and I'm quite the political dumbass, right? ;)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2010, 08:37:13 AM »
The problem is that you guys are confusing intelligence with being smart.

Being book smart does not mean that you are more adept at problem solving, planning or logical reasoning than your average nobody. Getting a law degree from Harvard means that you probably had impressive grades coming out of college and possess superior study/ time management skills. However, being the president of the United States is more than passing some tests in Constitutional Law. Comparatively, being a political analyst and cable news pundit is more than having a  post graduate degree in political science.

You can't base all of your decisions on what you learned in a class room. A class room is not a substitute for real life. I don't need a JD from Harvard to be able to figure out that KSM should not be receiving a civilian trial in NYC. I don't need a degree in political science from Oxford to figure out when a politician is incompetent or corrupt.
Put it this way-- would you expect an engineer with a degree from MIT to be able to take apart and put your toaster back together with little to no effort? Maybe he could analyze the hell out of why it doesn't work and come up with all kinds of complicated mathematical equations that deduce what the problem is-- but would anyone be shocked if he couldn't take it apart and put it back together again?

You guys put way too much stock in this stuff. If Obama was a lawyer, the yes-- I am impressed he went to Harvard ( assuming he passed the bar). If I ran a political think tank , yes-- I would be impressed with Rachel Maddows education. Maybe I would hire them both. But neither position they hold now presupposes that an ivy league education is necessary or even important in determining if they possess the ability to perform their jobs in a satisfactory manner.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2010, 08:59:06 AM »
Here's one of my favorite Glenn Beck moments.

He may be confusing intelligence with being smart, too.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »
Many confuse obamas smarts with defiant, delusional, oblivious to common sense, and blind.  I know plenty of people who lied, cheated, and paid their way through college, so to say  just because he has a degree does not really mean he must be smart.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2010, 03:38:14 PM »
There have been many highly revered people in society, successful people, leaders, inventors of many things we use every day that had not even half the education obama does. Schooling does not mean everything.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2010, 08:24:53 PM »
Here's one of my favorite Glenn Beck moments.

He may be confusing intelligence with being smart, too.

woah...amazing...this is journalism huh 3333? this is whats up?....fucking sickening....