Author Topic: For 333 - Our Resident Commie Hunter  (Read 60935 times)

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
Re: For 333 - Our Resident Commie Hunter
« Reply #375 on: February 08, 2010, 05:48:24 PM »
i got the deffintion from the online websters  lol  so you can define it however, but i invite everyone to look it up

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #376 on: February 08, 2010, 06:13:49 PM »
i got the deffintion from the online websters  lol  so you can define it however, but i invite everyone to look it up

I am moving on to No 2 as Straw refuses to see the forest through the trees on this. 

The Progressive Income tax is no brainer so we need to move to No 3. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #377 on: February 08, 2010, 06:26:53 PM »
If you don't like eminent domain, or property taxes or zoning laws then you free to choose to not purchase property

Yeah and if you don't like your phone being tapped you can always choose not to have one.  So why not keep the Patriot Act in full force and use.  ::)

Encroachment on our liberties, freedoms, or properties can be justified by an endless litany of reasons, but we have to balance out what's reasonable and what's not.  You think the current laws on property are reasonable, they don't.  Agree to disagree and move on.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #378 on: February 08, 2010, 06:29:20 PM »

Yeah and if you don't like your phone being tapped you can always choose not to have one.  So why not keep the Patriot Act in full force and use.  ::)

Encroachment on our liberties, freedoms, or properties can be justified by an endless litany of reasons, but we have to balance out what's reasonable and what's not.  You think the current laws on property are reasonable, they don't.  Agree to disagree and move on.

I have been trying that for 13 pages now.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #379 on: February 08, 2010, 06:35:31 PM »

Uh...I think at this point it's my obligation to say, "I TOLD YOU SO".   :P

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #380 on: February 08, 2010, 06:36:57 PM »

Uh...I think at this point it's my obligation to say, "I TOLD YOU SO".   :P

Skip - No 2 is a progressive income tax.  Does anyone deny we have that one covered?  Or will it take 13 pages of stammering by Straw on that?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #381 on: February 08, 2010, 06:40:02 PM »
Skip - No 2 is a progressive income tax.  Does anyone deny we have that one covered?  Or will it take 13 pages of stammering by Straw on that?

If I have to take a guess, I'll say he's probably going to hang up on the word "Heavy" in #2.  But, I'm in agreement so feel free to go to #3!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #382 on: February 08, 2010, 06:40:25 PM »

hey 333 - you claim to be a lawyer right?

Let's pretend that someone fell through the stairs in your home and was injured (let's say they were paralyzed).

Would the court accept your argument that you were not the owner of the property and therefore not responsible?

Yes or No?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: February 08, 2010, 06:44:38 PM »

Let's pretend that someone fell through the stairs in your home and was injured (let's say they were paralyzed).

Would the court accept your argument that you were not the owner of the property and therefore not responsible?

Yes or No?

You're still just trying to confuse the issue of being a communist nation vs moving in that direction.  Do you really think you've got anybody fooled?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: February 08, 2010, 06:46:01 PM »

Yes or No?

Thats a ridiculous argument because renters can be sued by guests who slip and fall as well, 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #385 on: February 08, 2010, 06:47:47 PM »
Thats a ridiculous argument because renters can be sued by guests who slip and fall as well, 

would the court agree with your argument that,  as the "on title" owner,  that you were not responsibe because you didn't really own the property?

yes or no

simple question

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #386 on: February 08, 2010, 06:48:24 PM »

Hahahaha...now that's a punch in the fucking mouth.  Arguing legal stuff with a lawyer can be painful.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #387 on: February 08, 2010, 06:53:05 PM »
would the court agree with your argument that,  as the "on title" owner,  that you were not responsibe because you didn't really own the property?

yes or no

simple question

No, because I have possession of the same and am responsible for guests on the premises, the same as If I rented, leased, or even just assumed respnsibility for the premises as a caretaker, maintence person, or otherwise.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #388 on: February 08, 2010, 06:59:22 PM »
No, because I have possession of the same and am responsible for guests on the premises, the same as If I rented, leased, or even just assumed respnsibility for the premises as a caretaker, maintence person, or otherwise.

yeah - if you were a tenant and assumed the responsibility as caretaker, maintenance etc..then you would be responsible but that's not the example I gave you.

Let's say the person was in your home (note counselor that I phrased the question as your "home" and not your "property").

your home

someone injured

the "owner" is responsible

who is the "owner"?

isn't that the word we're all pretending to argue about

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #389 on: February 08, 2010, 07:02:14 PM »

If I have to take a guess, I'll say he's probably going to hang up on the word "Heavy" in #2.  But, I'm in agreement so feel free to go to #3!

I'm not the one who starting parsing the word "own" or "abolition" am I?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: February 08, 2010, 07:05:47 PM »
yeah - if you were a tenant and assumed the responsibility as caretaker, maintenance etc..then you would be responsible but that's not the example I gave you.

Let's say the person was in your home (note counselor that I phrased the question as your "home" and not your "property").

your home

someone injured

the "owner" is responsible

who is the "owner"?

isn't that the word we're all pretending to argue about

Yes, the deeded owner may be responsible.  However, if I were a renter many owners have hold harmless clauses etc absolving himself of liability for guests etc.  Same thing w the govt where it absolves itself of liability in many instances unless being put on specific notice of a defect or hazardous condition.   

I am not arguing that we live in a commie nation.  I have argued that we are moving in that direction via the items we have listed and that you dont have absolute ownership of your home in the same way you do yout tv set or clothes or shoes or computer, etc.   

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #391 on: February 08, 2010, 07:09:46 PM »
I'm not the one who starting parsing the word "own" or "abolition" am I?

You're the one who's attempting to restructure the argument into us acutally being a communist nation vs moving in that direction.  In his own words...

"I have argued that we are moving in that direction..."

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #392 on: February 08, 2010, 07:10:35 PM »
Yes, the deeded owner may be responsible.  .   
in your opinion

will you be successful in arguing that you are not really the owner of the property due to the fact that you have to pay property tax, follow zoning laws, and could face the remote possibility of eminent domain?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #393 on: February 08, 2010, 07:11:18 PM »

You're the one who's attempting to restructure the argument into us acutally being a communist nation vs moving in that direction.  In his own words...

"I have argued that we are moving in that direction..."

who are you quoting?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: February 08, 2010, 07:15:18 PM »
who are you quoting?

Lol, do actually read 33's posts?

Dude, you've clearly made your point on #1, he's made his.  Why not move on?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #395 on: February 08, 2010, 07:28:27 PM »

Lol, do actually read 33's posts?

Dude, you've clearly made your point on #1, he's made his.  Why not move on?

it would be helpfull if both you and 333 would read

look at my question

on #1 we are not CLOSE and neither 333 or you can provide any evidence of his statement that  we are moving in that direction

eminent domain - part of the Constitution and the legal framework of this country since the beginning so we are no closer now than we were since the country started

property tax/zoning laws have been around for 150+ years  and also not evidence of "being close" or even "moving in that direction"

Can you show me one thing on this list that even comes close to what we have today

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: February 08, 2010, 07:34:36 PM »

look at my question

on #1 we are not CLOSE and neither 333 or you can provide any evidence of his statement that  we are moving in that direction

eminent domain - part of the Constitution and the legal framework of this country since the beginning so we are no closer now than we were since the country started

property tax/zoning laws have been around for 150+ years  and also not evidence of "being close" or even "moving in that direction"

I've read every single one of your posts in this thread and I understand your points perfectly.  That doesn't mean anybody has to agree. 

So show some maturity and move on to #2.  I'm interested in hearing your counter-arguments on the tax issue.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: February 08, 2010, 07:44:18 PM »

look at my question

You dont even read do you?

I have argued the INCREASING USE OF ZONING & the INCREASING USE AND ABUSE OF EMINENT DOMAIN are acting to dilute your property rights, not the existence of zoning and eminent domain themselves.  I cited the KELO decision to you and that is what I am arguing; that the government is increasingly regulating and controoling the terms of your ownership. 

Is this that hard for you to grasp?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #398 on: February 08, 2010, 08:09:31 PM »
You dont even read do you?

I have argued the INCREASING USE OF ZONING & the INCREASING USE AND ABUSE OF EMINENT DOMAIN are acting to dilute your property rights, not the existence of zoning and eminent domain themselves.  I cited the KELO decision to you and that is what I am arguing; that the government is increasingly regulating and controoling the terms of your ownership. 

Is this that hard for you to grasp?

in the example I gave you would you be successful in arguing that you are not the owner due to eminent domain, the requirement to pay property tax etc...

yes or no?

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #399 on: February 08, 2010, 09:03:10 PM »
OWNERSHIP is the state or fact of EXCLUSIVE rights and control over property, which may be an object, land/real estate or intellectual property

ON TO NUMBER THREE OR HELL 5 WOULD BE AWSOME