Author Topic: Off to Tx. to bury my dad.  (Read 6298 times)

regmac

• Getbig V
Off to Tx. to bury my dad.
« on: February 03, 2010, 06:07:03 PM »
Its my first time losing a parent but I am understanding to it. My dad lived a great life and we spent many great times together. My first weight set was his York Barbell set and boy did I get attached to it in the mid 80's.  His bench only had a leg extention apparatus along with an incline.    My dad was a fed cop and one of the best. He was one of the first black men to get assigned over in Frankfurt. Which got us out of the bad parts of LA. We were never rich but far from being broke and he taught us that money is hard to get and must be earned from a hard days work. I work in the same office (administrative work)  he retired from in 96. I heard many great stories about him from oldtimers who are still here.  They say he was as great a friemd as he was a cop and father.  I have yet to live up to his greatness but still strive to get there. I will be back on-line next week. Thank you all in advance...this board is great, we can be mean to one a nother (when deserved) but its all fun and games.  Take care and GOD BLESS.
((-::

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
Re: Off to Tx. to bury my dad.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 06:44:36 PM »
My condolences. Bless you and your family.
Almost always, yes.

kimura

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 06:50:41 PM »
I am sorry for your loss Regmac.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 09:27:28 PM »
I thought you were a gimmick ???

My condolences to you and your family.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:21:55 PM »
My condolences.  Be sure to take care of mother. 

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 10:32:25 PM »
My condolences. That's very sad to hear.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 01:08:06 AM »
Sorry for your loss Reg.

Stay strong.

newmom

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 04:25:50 AM »
very sorry to hear that regmac..thoughts are with you and your family

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 04:54:54 AM »
Its my first time losing a parent but I am understanding to it. My dad lived a great life and we spent many great times together. My first weight set was his York Barbell set and boy did I get attached to it in the mid 80's.  His bench only had a leg extention apparatus along with an incline.    My dad was a fed cop and one of the best. He was one of the first black men to get assigned over in Frankfurt. Which got us out of the bad parts of LA. We were never rich but far from being broke and he taught us that money is hard to get and must be earned from a hard days work. I work in the same office (administrative work)  he retired from in 96. I heard many great stories about him from oldtimers who are still here.  They say he was as great a friemd as he was a cop and father.  I have yet to live up to his greatness but still strive to get there. I will be back on-line next week. Thank you all in advance...this board is great, we can be mean to one a nother (when deserved) but its all fun and games.  Take care and GOD BLESS.
All the best to you bud, i sure know what that feels like  :( not good take care.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 12:18:20 PM »
that sucks dude, lifes a bitch sometimes.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 04:35:11 PM »
My condolences. Bless you and your family.
Thanks a lot. I just got back. The area he was buries in was so peaceful.  My only stress was at LAX and DFW.   Thanks to you all.  :)

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 04:37:21 PM »
I am sorry for your loss Regmac.
Thanks a lot.  His death really brought our family together. Some in the dfw area were p'd to find out I've been going out thgere to go to Cowboy games and not telling them but they understood and I understood why they were upset a bit.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 04:38:11 PM »
I thought you were a gimmick ???

My condolences to you and your family.
Thanks and thanks for not "outing" my post.  : ;)

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 05:09:44 PM »
All the best to you bud, i sure know what that feels like  :( not good take care.
Thanks and sorry  for your loss also.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 05:10:39 PM »
that sucks dude, lifes a bitch sometimes.
Life being a bitch is what seems to bring my family together.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »

That was my first bench too! Leg Extension was pretty much useless though...

My condolences on your loss, losing someone who meant that much to you has gotta be tough.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 07:57:49 PM »
That was my first bench too! Leg Extension was pretty much useless though...

My condolences on your loss, losing someone who meant that much to you has gotta be tough.
Thanks it was/is tough but he is no longer suffering and is laying alongside his grandparents.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 10:59:16 PM »
Life being a bitch is what seems to bring my family together.
thats too bad

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 02:30:31 AM »
Condolences bro..

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 03:10:57 PM »
Sorry to hear that.
X

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 05:25:23 PM »
thats too bad
The family is in the DFW area and were p'd to find out I fly out to Dallas 2ce a year for Cowboy games.    So I now HAVE to stay in touch.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 08:40:26 PM »
Sorry man, everybody goes but still hard to take.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 08:54:59 PM »
Sorry man, everybody goes but still hard to take.
Yep   I agree.   I got my job through my dad so a lot of the older people here knew him. So I had over a hundred inter office emails from all over the world.

Colby

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 08:26:48 AM »
So sorry for your loss.  I lost my dad Feb 18, 2009 to suicide.  It has been a tough year for me and my family.  Be thankful that your dad was a good man and spent time with you.  My dad was a good person but not much of a dad.  Cherish the good memories and be sure to carry on his good name.  God bless you and your family! 

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 12:50:44 PM »
So sorry for your loss.  I lost my dad Feb 18, 2009 to suicide.  It has been a tough year for me and my family.  Be thankful that your dad was a good man and spent time with you.  My dad was a good person but not much of a dad.  Cherish the good memories and be sure to carry on his good name.  God bless you and your family! 
Oh   man   thanks  and my sincere condolences to you too.