Author Topic: Red Velvet Cake  (Read 7273 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Red Velvet Cake
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 06:25:40 AM »
my mom always makes me a Baileys Irish cream cheese cake for my birthday and dammit i dont share  >:(

Nom,nom,nom!

newmom

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 06:27:11 AM »
I make great peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake, I'm glad im no cheesecake fan..Next time I make one laura, Ill overnight you one after the show when I make one

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 06:56:49 AM »
I make great peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake, I'm glad im no cheesecake fan..Next time I make one laura, Ill overnight you one after the show when I make one
You're the best!!!!   :D
:D Weee

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 07:48:51 AM »
Went to Cheesecake Factory with my work group to celebrate a co-workers new position.  I couldn't eat anything on the menu due to my prep (show is in 18 days) so I had a sugar-free iced tea BUT I ordered this and put in the freezer for the 21st!!!!  :D

Now that's discipline!
R

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 08:41:45 AM »
That looks quite tasty, but not nearly big enough! ;D

Princess, that ain't big enough for you?!

Last time I checked, a single slice of Red Velvet Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory weighed in at having 1400cals!!!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 08:58:31 AM »

Last time I checked, a single slice of Red Velvet Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory weighed in at having 1400cals!!!

:o
:D Weee

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 08:59:54 AM »

How can they cram all those calories into such a small piece  ???
:

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 11:59:58 AM »

I don't know, but it should certainly be against the law!!!
This link says 1200cals,

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/cheesecake-factory-red-velvet-cheesecake-1424669

And this link about halfway down on the Yelp! page says 1500!!!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-cheesecake-factory-santa-clara-2

To whoever posted the calorie count for the cheesecakes,
Thank you for saving me from completely destroying my health tonight. 1556 unforgiving calories for a slice of red velvet cheesecake?! Absurd.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 01:22:30 PM »
I don't know, but it should certainly be against the law!!!
This link says 1200cals,

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/cheesecake-factory-red-velvet-cheesecake-1424669

And this link about halfway down on the Yelp! page says 1500!!!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-cheesecake-factory-santa-clara-2

To whoever posted the calorie count for the cheesecakes,
Thank you for saving me from completely destroying my health tonight. 1556 unforgiving calories for a slice of red velvet cheesecake?! Absurd.

That is just not fair! A stick of butter only has 960 calories. The food police oughta investigate this  >:(  I'm writing my congressman! Bastards.
:

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 02:24:53 PM »
That is just not fair! A stick of butter only has 960 calories. The food police oughta investigate this  >:(  I'm writing my congressman! Bastards.

If it makes you feel any better Princess, one time a friend and me went to TCF, and after having lunch just before that we wanted a slice of cheesecake.
So my friend sits down and when the waitress takes our order he says "I'm going to order two because I want to out-eat this guy!"  Wrong move.
So he ordered his two, and I ordered my two. I told the waitress when he starts on his 2nd, bring out my third piece. So I ate my three pieces, and my friend only made it about 1/3 of the way through his 2nd, and I finished off the remainder of that!
I had the Choc/PB slice, the Kahlua coffee, and started with the now disco'd Coffee heath bar crunch.
I think I estimated that one meal calorie intake being about 2200+ cals in that one sitting....after we'd already eaten lunch!

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 07:26:37 PM »

butter and cream cheese baby.  It's a beautiful thing!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 08:38:01 PM »
Bump for Valentines Day  ;D
:

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 08:43:08 PM »

Since it's somewhat appropriate, a little birdie told me that Ben and Jerry's is coming out with a Red Velvet Cake ice cream. :D

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 08:21:02 AM »
such a pity I'm over here and 5 or 8 hours ahead and miss your chats of an evening...

I can't believe I missed a thread which had 1000+ hits in one day. 

I have this nice cake stand (this is a joke, okay?

madly
xxx
Linda

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2011, 08:24:46 AM »
Raining Blood Red Velvet Cake

The Bible says that when the world goes to shit, blood will rain down and fill our Six Flags slides with summer fun and excitement. Flowing down deluged sub-development streets, blood rivers will send Hummers awash over strip malls. Indeed, as Slayer reminds us in their 1986 song, Raining Blood, “the sky is turning red / return to power draws near.” [MP3] What Slayer is trying to say in this verse is that basically we are fucked. What better way to prep for blood rain than eating a Raining Blood Red Velvet Cake?

Cake Ingredients
½ cup shortening
1 ½ cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons of cocoa
Some red food coloring
1 teaspoon of salt
2 ½ cups of flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup of buttermilk
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 tablespoon of vinegar

Frosting Ingredients
1 lb. softened cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar
2 sticks softened unsalted butter
Some vanilla (or essence

Directions
Cream shortening, beat in sugar gradually. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix cocoa and red coloring, add to creamed mixture. Add salt, flour and vanilla alternately with buttermilk, beating after each addition. Sprinkle soda over vinegar, pour vinegar over batter. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Bake in 2 8-inch pans for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. After they cool, smear frosting on one of the cakes and put the other one on top of it. Then add more frosting. Eat and enjoy the pleasant weather.

For the frosting, p.s., mix the butter, powdered sugar and cream cheese until it looks like frosting. Put it all over the cake, making little craters for your pools of blood.

Ads by Google
Free cupcakes
Well, almost. Don't pay a fortune on great food. Save 70%.
www.GROUPON.co.uk/London_restaurant