Author Topic: Who Needs a Job?  (Read 3197 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Who Needs a Job?
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 03:38:15 PM »
He already does Bay. He is not my friend but when i came into the store once, "He was like you like Michigan" I was like, "Yea, i was born in the dorm room on the campus of Michigan and a Alumni." So, we just chatted it up about sports and when i found out that he went to Norte Dame and graduated with honors and working at 7-11....i was just trying to sway him to a better profession. He is a friend because i would like to see him do better in life and to go to a great academic institution and not even use your degree, C'MON MAN.  8) I thought that he was comfortable but he is always complaning about money, immigration, car problems, work,...etc

If you live on Anna Marie Island then you are living the good life, and I truly envy you!  It’s nice to have a mainland retreat when the hurricanes come, but day to day, you are living in paradise!  Even I can admit that the FL Gulf Coast beaches are much nicer than the Atlantic side and ours are nothing to sneeze at.

Life is short.  If your 7-11 friend gets to live on AMI, he has every reason to want nothing more from life.

Homes Beach is even better than Lido!  :D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 03:40:03 PM »
I was at USC every Friday for better than half of last season and their weight room isn't exactely state of the art, holes in the ceiling, rain coming in like a water fall, big trash cans where the water is coming in and 10-20 year old equipment!

Michigan got a 1.5 Million dollar upgrade last year and we even have a sand pit which is phenomenal.  RR asked for 500k but he is not used to having the resources that Michigan has over WV.  ;) I would love to be able to train at their facilities.
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 03:42:53 PM »
If you live on Anna Marie Island then you are living the good life, and I truly envy you!  It’s nice to have a mainland retreat when the hurricanes come, but day to day, you are living in paradise!  Even I can admit that the FL Gulf Coast beaches are much nicer than the Atlantic side and ours are nothing to sneeze at.
Life is short.  If your 7-11 friend gets to live on AMI, he has every reason to want nothing more from life.

Homes Beach is even better than Lido!  :D

I wake up to Anna Marie Island every morning.  8) I bought my mom a house right next to mine.  ;D I work hard and want the best for myself and the people around me!  ;)

Bay is a smart man.  8)
D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 04:02:26 PM »
I wake up to Anna Marie Island every morning.  8) I bought my mom a house right next to mine.  ;D I work hard and want the best for myself and the people around me!  ;)

Bay is a smart man.  8)

Damn, you're good!  :D

Take a picture of your local beach and show these getbiggers why we love FL!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 04:03:16 PM »
Damn, you're good!  :D

Are you down here too?
D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 04:07:37 PM »
Damn, you're good!  :D

Damn BAY are you selling out San Fran?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 04:13:13 PM »

San Fran is nice but it is full of Hippies! I am sorry but everyone that i met was so smug and it reminded me of when Cartman went to San Fran to rescue Kyle from "Smug People." South Park hit the head on the nail about San Fran.  ;D
D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 04:24:24 PM »
San Fran is nice but it is full of Hippies! I am sorry but everyone that i met was so smug and it reminded me of when Cartman went to San Fran to rescue Kyle from "Smug People." South Park hit the head on the nail about San Fran.  ;D
;D I remember that nice catch

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 04:26:44 PM »
;D I remember that nice catch

Someone asked me why i was driving a SUV? They were talking about emissions and that just reminded me about Cartman.  8)
D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 04:28:21 PM »

Not at all.

That hasn't been my experience, but if you are happy where you are then it's all good.  But Michigan?  I don't know many people who consider that an ideal place to live... job or no job.  There is no job--for any amount of money--that I would move there for unless it involved telecommuting from FL 95% of the time. 8)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 04:33:46 PM »
Not at all.

That hasn't been my experience, but if you are happy where you are then it's all good.  But Michigan?  I don't know many people who consider that an ideal place to live... job or no job.  There is no job--for any amount of money--that I would move there for unless it involved telecommuting from FL 95% of the time. 8)

Yea, i have "ALOT" of friends who have their undergrads and masters in Engineering, Chemical Engineering,..etc and they are Jobless because they would rather stay in Michigan instead of moving to Houston and make a 140k a year.  ::) ::) That stuns me that they would rather stay unemployed but could move to Houston and start at 140k a year.  :-\
D