Author Topic: For trainers who want to 'fast track'  (Read 18367 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Vince G this is for you and all other trainer who fall into this catagory!
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 09:23:10 AM »
This should get interesting.

money talks... bullshhit runs the marathon (walks).

Which one of you made more money last year?  I remember vince mentioning it was a slow year, and that he earned $6k for his 2008 efforts.  Not a bad number for a part-time trainer in that area of the country, with a lower standard of living.  I'm in Cali like JME, and I know things cost way more here.  About how much did you pull last year, Marino?  You dont gotta be specific, but what range?  Did you make $6,000 like Goodrum, or a lot more? 

The numbers will do the talking.

Lets just say I fall into the category that Obama is going to tax the shit out of.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 09:37:41 AM »
Lets just say I fall into the category that Obama is going to tax the shit out of.

That's another thing, what is your deal on being obsessed with politics???  Who cares about McCain, Obama, and etc.  You're going to get taxed more regardless, it just depends on where they take the money from.  They lower you tax in one area and raise them in another area.  That's how its always worked whether Demo or Repub
A

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 09:42:01 AM »
Dr.,

Are you thinking Vince should harness clients to his trailer as a pulling exercise?
LOL. It's an idea. Might get him to the weigh-in on time.

It's just whenever I hear that phrase 'master my craft' I think of someone like Stella Adler, or Marc Chagall or E. L. Doctorow -ie. people who have actually mastered a craft. Nowadays, you hear people on reality tv shows averring such a notion, let alone our very own triple V!?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 09:42:16 AM »
Vince, post ONE example of a client of yours. Just one who will vouch for you being a trainer.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 10:02:40 AM »
Vince, post ONE example of a client of yours. Just one who will vouch for you being a trainer.

He can't.  I guarantee you he has not one client.  If he had ever a client they quit after the first session.  No way in hell would anyone have this moron train them.  NO WAY!.  Her can't ever prove he has trained anyone.  If he had anyopne who liked him as a trainer he could get them to type something up and sign it and post it with a photo.  But he can't.  He may train Chris the Queer Vissy though.  A couple good rams in the ass and Goodrum has done his job.  And I alway love the fact he list his bogus creditenials.  He can't afford nor get accepted into any REAL university so his claim to fame is getting an online certification.  He is dangerous as a trainer cause he has NO experience.  NONE!  He does not weight train.  How can you show someone how to train with weights if you have never done it.  He reads so he thinks he can be a trainer.  He is dangerous in the gym and I know he does not train anyone.  No real gym would allow him too.  Is Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler, Arnold, Kazmaier, or many other bodybuilders or powerlifters certified personal trainers.  Some of them are I know that, but most are not.  Would you rather get your training advice from one of these type of guys or a guy who gets all his experience from reading books.  Goodrum is moron and a menace.  Again, as I have said many times before, he should ONLY give advice on what he knows.  That is sucking pale white cock and taking it up the ass a few times a day.  That is the only thing he has experience at
No Worries 4 me

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 10:05:26 AM »
He can't.  I guarantee you he has not one client.  If he had ever a client they quit after the first session.  No way in hell would anyone have this moron train them.  NO WAY!.  Her can't ever prove he has trained anyone.  If he had anyopne who liked him as a trainer he could get them to type something up and sign it and post it with a photo.  But he can't.  He may train Chris the Queer Vissy though.  A couple good rams in the ass and Goodrum has done his job.  And I alway love the fact he list his bogus creditenials.  He can't afford nor get accepted into any REAL university so his claim to fame is getting an online certification.  He is dangerous as a trainer cause he has NO experience.  NONE!  He does not weight train.  How can you show someone how to train with weights if you have never done it.  He reads so he thinks he can be a trainer.  He is dangerous in the gym and I know he does not train anyone.  No real gym would allow him too.  Is Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler, Arnold, Kazmaier, or many other bodybuilders or powerlifters certified personal trainers.  Some of them are I know that, but most are not.  Would you rather get your training advice from one of these type of guys or a guy who gets all his experience from reading books.  Goodrum is moron and a menace.  Again, as I have said many times before, he should ONLY give advice on what he knows.  That is sucking pale white cock and taking it up the ass a few times a day.  That is the only thing he has experience at

lol brutal truth right there
Thunderdome approved

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2010, 10:09:49 AM »
http://www.melvingoodrum.com/services.htm

Services

Personal Training:  $30.00 dollars per session (Jackson County Residents Only).  Please call to schedule an appointment as available times are limited.  All sessions will be conducted at the Jackson County Recreation Center. 

Online Personal Training:  $15.00 a month. Includes customized training routine, nutritional meal plan, and journal software. 

Business Seminars:  Are you having trouble marketing a nutritional supplement for your network marketing business.  If so then pick up the phone and give me a call.  My group seminars will give you and the members of your organization all the information and instruction to sucessfully market your nutritional supplements and ultimately build your downline. 

Fee:  $3000.00 USD

Note:  A 1000.00 non-refundable retainer is required to reserve your date.  If your location is more than 50 miles away from Sylva, NC then additional travel expenses are required, either .20 per business mile or round trip business class airfare from Atlanta GA.  Hotel and food expenses are also required if an overnight stay is nessesary.  I am also available for travel to Dubai and other international countries. 

Only 3 grand plus expenses to get a real, live Melvin seminar!
O

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2010, 10:10:45 AM »
That's another thing, what is your deal on being obsessed with politics???  Who cares about McCain, Obama, and etc.  You're going to get taxed more regardless, it just depends on where they take the money from.  They lower you tax in one area and raise them in another area.  That's how its always worked whether Demo or Repub

It's not a political statement, it's a fact. I'm not going to turn this into a political thread either. Again, before you consider getting into any other facet in the fitness industry you need to train (for along time) the people you are selling your other services too.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2010, 10:14:17 AM »
http://www.melvingoodrum.com/services.htm

Services

Personal Training:  $30.00 dollars per session (Jackson County Residents Only).  Please call to schedule an appointment as available times are limited.  All sessions will be conducted at the Jackson County Recreation Center. 

Online Personal Training:  $15.00 a month. Includes customized training routine, nutritional meal plan, and journal software. 

Business Seminars:  Are you having trouble marketing a nutritional supplement for your network marketing business.  If so then pick up the phone and give me a call.  My group seminars will give you and the members of your organization all the information and instruction to sucessfully market your nutritional supplements and ultimately build your downline. 

Fee:  $3000.00 USD

Note:  A 1000.00 non-refundable retainer is required to reserve your date.  If your location is more than 50 miles away from Sylva, NC then additional travel expenses are required, either .20 per business mile or round trip business class airfare from Atlanta GA.  Hotel and food expenses are also required if an overnight stay is nessesary.  I am also available for travel to Dubai and other international countries. 

Only 3 grand plus expenses to get a real, live Melvin seminar!

How many clients do you actually have Vince? and since you said you only made 6K last year how can you call yourself or position yourself an expert in business by offering seminars?

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2010, 10:33:29 AM »

How many clients do you actually have Vince? and since you said you only made 6K last year how can you call yourself or position yourself an expert in business by offering seminars?

HE CAN'T AND HE HAS NONE!!  This is why I pick on him so much.  Nothing pisses me off more than fucking moron like Goodrum who goes around thinking he knows everything about everything yet he knows NOTHING.  If he kept it to himself and didn't try to peddle shit off to others then it would be okay but he actually tries to get people to believe in his shit and take their money.  He is dangerous.  I would never ever ever let him train anyone in a gym.  He is in his own delusional world but he tries to get others into it.  Like I said he is only an expert in cocking sucking and taking it in the ass.  THAT'S IT!  Case closed.  He can call me fat or whatever but I guarantee you I know volumes of lifting experience more than he will ever know.  I even know how to diet but it is something I am far from practicing.  I would rather train harder to lose the weight than have to diet.  Even though I have cut out quite a bit of junk food, just not all of it,
No Worries 4 me

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 10:35:31 AM »
Goodrum knows everything about nothing and not too much about that
Thunderdome approved

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
lol at people arguing over "knowledge" and how it relates to personal training

NEWSFLASH- PERSONAL TRAINING IS A SALES JOB

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2010, 10:49:06 AM »
lol at people arguing over "knowledge" and how it relates to personal training

NEWSFLASH- PERSONAL TRAINING IS A SALES JOB

Thank you johnnynoname, finally someone around here gets it.  If any folks like you Coach understood "the big picture" then you would realize that your sweat and toil was a waste of your time and lives relative to actually learning how to run a business. 

A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2010, 10:49:56 AM »

HE CAN'T AND HE HAS NONE!!  This is why I pick on him so much.  Nothing pisses me off more than fucking moron like Goodrum who goes around thinking he knows everything about everything yet he knows NOTHING.  If he kept it to himself and didn't try to peddle shit off to others then it would be okay but he actually tries to get people to believe in his shit and take their money.  He is dangerous.  I would never ever ever let him train anyone in a gym.  He is in his own delusional world but he tries to get others into it.  Like I said he is only an expert in cocking sucking and taking it in the ass.  THAT'S IT!  Case closed.  He can call me fat or whatever but I guarantee you I know volumes of lifting experience more than he will ever know.  I even know how to diet but it is something I am far from practicing.  I would rather train harder to lose the weight than have to diet.  Even though I have cut out quite a bit of junk food, just not all of it,

You NEED a personal trainer.  The last thing you should be doing is criticizing one.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 10:51:18 AM »
It's not a political statement, it's a fact. I'm not going to turn this into a political thread either. Again, before you consider getting into any other facet in the fitness industry you need to train (for along time) the people you are selling your other services too.

Politics has no place in business and it only serves to interfere with obtaining new clients.  Your thread is garbage and its unprofessional to openly attack someone with no provacation.  I don't think I've said much of anything to you negatively ever and quite frankly I don't see any point in entertainment your childish behavior any further.    
A

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2010, 10:56:22 AM »
You NEED a personal trainer.  The last thing you should be doing is criticizing one.

hahahaha by the way you  are NO personal trainer.  Answer the questions.  Show us one just one client.
No Worries 4 me

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »
Thank you johnnynoname, finally someone around here gets it.  If any folks like you Coach understood "the big picture" then you would realize that your sweat and toil was a waste of your time and lives relative to actually learning how to run a business. 

Perfect example of that article.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2010, 11:07:57 AM »

whoa whoa

lets get something straight

YOU NEED TO BE CERTIFED by a legitmate certifying board (ACSM,NASM (ugh))

however, in order to be make money and be successful, you need to be a good salesman-

once you pass your certifying exam and get your CPR/AED/First Aid certs THEN you concentrate on sales

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2010, 11:08:42 AM »
Perfect example of that article.

Exactly.  It is sad when a person who has absolutely no experience in personal training other than reading a book can go out and market himself as someone who is an expert and take away clients from people who are actually versed in training and everything else that goes along with it. Sure marketing yourself is a big part of it, but at least have some experience.  You can't beat actual experience.  Still waiting for Goodrum to post up a client.  He is struggling to find some obscure photos on the internet to say they are his.
No Worries 4 me

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »
Exactly.  It is sad when a person who has absolutely no experience in personal training other than reading a book can go out and market himself as someone who is an expert and take away clients from people who are actually versed in training and everything else that goes along with it. Sure marketing yourself is a big part of it, but at least have some experience.  You can't beat actual experience.  Still waiting for Goodrum to post up a client.  He is struggling to find some obscure photos on the internet to say they are his.

exactly

remember, yes, personal training IS SALES BUT.....you need to be CERTIFIED FIRST

i have my certification from a VERY good certifying board (ACSM)

however, my certification isn't what will make me money- it will get me a job at a gym as a "Staff trainer".

To be honest, you could always lie about your certification if you are a independent trainer...or not even have a certification

i don't know what Vince has (certification wise, that is)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »
whoa whoa

lets get something straight

YOU NEED TO BE CERTIFED by a legitmate certifying board (ACSM,NASM (ugh))

however, in order to be make money and be successful, you need to be a good salesman-

once you pass your certifying exam and get your CPR/AED/First Aid certs THEN you concentrate on sales

You have to have those, but just to be clear, all of the certs or degree's in the world still doesn't make people trainers or at least good one's.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2010, 11:18:05 AM »
You have to have those, but just to be clear, all of the certs or degree's in the world still doesn't make people trainers or at least good one's.

qft

i'm not gonna argue with you one bit on that point

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »
exactly

remember, yes, personal training IS SALES BUT.....you need to be CERTIFIED FIRST

i have my certification from a VERY good certifying board (ACSM)

however, my certification isn't what will make me money- it will get me a job at a gym as a "Staff trainer".

To be honest, you could always lie about your certification if you are a independent trainer...or not even have a certification

i don't know what Vince has (certification wise, that is)

I'm got my PT certification and sports nutrition certification from The American Muscle & Fitness Institute (AMFPT) in 2002 and their Master Fitness Trainer certification in 2005.  I'm finishing up on a Diploma in Fitness and Exercise for Ashworth University which will be completed by April and I'm also working towards a B.S in Health.  I'm only late in the game because my original job field was engineering until subsequent layoffs so I had to start all over for the most part.

However my biggest certification comes from working with normal everyday people, that's where the real experience comes from.  Quite frankly I'm moving away from the PT field and into other areas of health & fitness but I'm a competent personal trainer and I get results.  Otherwise I would have done something else a long time ago.

Coach, you have lots of people on this board talking trash about you and your business yet instead you decide to go after my business for no apparent reason without ever meeting me or watching me train a client.  In addition, who made you or anyone else king of the training industry???

Sounds to me like the economy is beating up your tire flipping business and you're lashing out at folks like me for no reason.  I don't tell you how to run your business and neither should you likewise
A

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2010, 11:29:36 AM »
I'm got my PT certification and sports nutrition certification from The American Muscle & Fitness Institute (AMFPT) in 2002 and their Master Fitness Trainer certification in 2005.  I'm finishing up on a Diploma in Fitness and Exercise for Ashworth University which will be completed by April and I'm also working towards a B.S in Health.  I'm only late in the game because my original job field was engineering until subsequent layoffs so I had to start all over for the most part.

However my biggest certification comes from working with normal everyday people, that's where the real experience comes from.  Quite frankly I'm moving away from the PT field and into other areas of health & fitness but I'm a competent personal trainer and I get results.  Otherwise I would have done something else a long time ago.

You are moving away from PT cause you had NO clients and not making a dime at it cause NO one would hire you.  Pure and simple, so quit trying to sugar-coat it.  And you are NOT competent in anything but the obvious, cock-sucking/licking and butt-fucking.  Get that straight and you may become an all-time great at it.
No Worries 4 me

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2010, 12:05:34 PM »

Coach, you have lots of people on this board talking trash about you and your business yet instead you decide to go after my business for no apparent reason without ever meeting me or watching me train a client.  In addition, who made you or anyone else king of the training industry???

Sounds to me like the economy is beating up your tire flipping business and you're lashing out at folks like me for no reason.  I don't tell you how to run your business and neither should you likewise

Vince, I pointed out you because of another thread I believe you started. It's just not aimed at you but other trainers who fall into this category of using an industry to try to capitalize on without actually being in position to talk about it. I'm saying before you come off as an expert in a particular industry you have to prove yourself FIRST. If people are talking trash about my my training protocols, business knowledge or whatever, fine because I KNOW I CAN BACK IT UP. Am I going to open my financial's on here to anyone who should ask? Hell no. But do I make more than $6k in a year...yes, as a matter of fact thats around what my house payment is per month if that is any indication.

Let me ask you Vince, what do you research more, training methods and protocols or business? Don't get me wrong, business is business, I most certainly get it.