Author Topic: R.I. Teachers Refuse To Work 25 Minutes More Per Day, So Town Fires All of Them  (Read 4094 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Unionized Rhode Island Teachers Refuse To Work 25 Minutes More Per Day, So Town Fires All Of Them
The Business Insider ^ | 2/15/10 | Henry Blodget

Posted on Monday, February 15, 2010 9:03:32 PM by FromLori

________________________ ________________________ _____________________

A school superintendent in Rhode Island is trying to fix an abysmally bad school system. Her plan calls for teachers at a local high school to work 25 minutes longer per day, each lunch with students once in a while, and help with tutoring. The teachers' union has refused to accept these apparently onerous demands.

The teachers at the high school make $70,000-$78,000, as compared to a median income in the town of $22,000. This exemplifies a nationwide trend in which public sector workers make far more than their private-sector counterparts (with better benefits).

The school superintendent has responded to the union's stubbornness by firing every teacher and administrator at the school.

A sign of things to come?

(Excerpt) Read more at businessinsider.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _________

About damn time. 

We need more of this. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
The lawsuits from this will bankrupt that entire town. Now...what happens to the children being that there are no more teachers to teach? What teacher will even think of applying for a job in that town if he or she realizes that at any moment they can all be fired? As it stands many teachers are abandoning the profession because of the laborious duties. School is not 9 to 3 as the bulk of the work goes on during the teachers personal time: grading papers, grading exams, developing lessons, dealing with parents, dealing with backwards boards of education, certifications, evaluations etc etc. The bulk of people who are in the boards of education have never taught a single class EVER!!!! and therefore lack all understanding in what is necessary to actually educate children. Sadly this looks like another way trying to lower salaries, set arduous requirements for students who are not learning at all based on teh already ridiculous requirements, break up unions and steal the monies states allocate for education.

THE DUMBING DOWN CONTINUES UNABATED.
C

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Deborah Gist, the State Superintendent who is ordering the firings is a Democrat by the way.

Just thought I would add that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Teachers are paid extremely well as it is when you consider the pension, benes, costs, etc. 

I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.  If they cant muster a 30 minutes more a day, screw em, there will be plenty of college grads with masters lined up for miles to replace these union scumbags. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Interesting Woman!

Rhode Island’s new education commissioner comes from similar post in Washington, D.C.
01:00 AM EDT on Thursday, April 2, 2009
By Jennifer D. Jordan

Journal Staff Writer
gist
PROVIDENCE — Rhode Island’s new education commissioner, who has summited Mount Kilimanjaro, now faces a steeper climb — significantly improving achievement gains for all students in the state, especially low-income and minority students stuck in low-performing urban schools.

Deborah A. Gist, 42, was the top choice, from an initial field of 35 candidates, of the Board of Regents for Elementary and Secondary Education and will be the first woman to lead the state Department of Education. She resigned Wednesday from a comparable post in Washington, D.C., to succeed Peter McWalters, who will step down June 30 after 17½ years.The Regents intend to formally vote at 3 p.m. Thursday afternoon in a ceremony at the State House. Governor Carcieri, in accordance with state law, will also cast a vote for her appointment.“She is a high-energy, passionate person who impressed us all,” said Robert G. Flanders Jr., chairman of the Board of Regents. “She combines both practical experience and a top-notch education.” Flanders said Gist was well-prepared for her private interviews with the search committee and the Regents and was knowledgeable about state laws and the powers of the education commissioner. “She’s coming from an urban background in D.C. and that’s a critical component of raising the bar here in Rhode Island.”

The Regents were also impressed with her work to improve teacher quality and make it easier for highly skilled professionals to enter the teaching ranks through alternative certification, Flanders said.

Gist says her eight years as a classroom teacher were “hands-down the most important experience I have with me every day as I serve in a leadership role.” She began her career as an elementary school teacher, twice earning Teacher of the Year awards — the first in Fort Worth, Texas, and the second in Hillsborough County, Fla.

Gist grew up in Oklahoma, a granddaughter of teachers. “I decided when I was 12 I would be a teacher,” she said by telephone Tuesday. “I just knew. But I never even thought about becoming a principal. I thought I would stay in the classroom forever.”

She earned a master’s degree in elementary education in 1997 and launched a family literacy program in Hillsborough County. Eventually, she became an administrator and after earning a master’s degree in public administration from Harvard, she began working as Washington, D.C.’s, “state education officer.” The position was elevated to “state superintendent,” in 2007, a job analogous to Rhode Island’s education commissioner. After her 2007 appointment, she called McWalters for advice and guidance. Both were members of the Council of Chief State School Officers.

“He’s one of the commissioners I have known the best,” she said. “I know this transition will be seamless.” McWalters said Gist’s experience in urban education and her political acumen will be assets when she comes to Rhode Island.

“Trying to move these big systems is partly about leadership, partly about the quality of the systems and partly about public policy decisions,” McWalters said. “It’s also political. You have to work with the governor, the legislature, the department itself, local school committees and labor. You need to be able to work these systems and I think she brings a freshness and experience to that process.”

Gist is married to Jock Friedly, a former investigative reporter who runs Internet-based companies that allow citizens to download information about government spending. Friedly will commute between their home in Washington and Rhode Island, Gist said.

The couple own a dog and a cat, both rescue animals. They enjoy taking on ambitious projects in their spare time — such as climbing Kilimanjaro together in 2006, a goal she said was on her “life list.”

“In addition to being very driven in my professional life, I am pretty driven in my personal life,” she said. Gist has flown in an F-18 fighter jet with the Blue Angels, and run the New York City Marathon.

Perhaps her most amusing project involved 112 kisses.

“I just thought I’d like to break a world record,” she said. Leafing through the Guinness Book of World Records, Gist dismissed several feats as “a little bit much.” But one caught her eye.

“There were 62 kisses recorded in a minute and I thought, ‘That’s not too hard,’ ” she said. “So we organized it and got friends of friends to participate and it was fun, it was great.” In the end, 112 of the 118 consecutive kisses she received on the cheek this past Valentine’s Day broke the previous record.

In 2007, Gist was accepted into a prestigious national educational leadership program run by the Los Angeles-based Broad Center, where she excelled, said Tim Quinn, managing director of the program.

Out of 500 applicants, Gist was one of a dozen selected for the 10-month program that brings together future leaders over long weekends of classes and seminars. Participants are trained to become superintendents in school districts that have large numbers of low-income and minority students. Providence Schools Supt. Tom Brady is another graduate of the Broad program.

“She distinguished herself among those in the program as someone who is extremely knowledgeable and understands issues and education reform from a state and national perspective,” Quinn said. “I think she will be very clear about vision and mission and she will definitely be results-oriented. And she has off-the-charts interpersonal skills. She will bring people along with her.”

Rhode Island was lucky to get Gist, said Regent Angus Davis, who co-chaired the search.

“We reached out to national leaders when we began our search, and asked everyone we could think of who they would recommend,” said Davis, who had invited Gist to apply. “And everyone we talked to said, ‘Deb Gist.’ Everyone said she was one of the two or three best people in the country.”Deborah A. Gist

•Marital status: Married, to Jock Friedly

•Administrative experience

2007 – present: District of Colombia’s first “State Superintendent of Education,” analogous to Rhode Island’s Education Commissioner

2004-2007: State Education Officer for DC’s education office

:D  2001-2004: Ran community service organization Serve DC, Executive Office of the Mayor

•Academic credentials

2000: Master in Public Administration, Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government. Kennedy Fellow and Littauer Fellow for academic excellence and community service.

1997: Master’s in elementary education/curriculum, University of South Florida

1988: Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, University of Oklahoma

•Classroom Experience

1994-1996: Taught second grade in Hillsborough County School District, Tampa, Fla.; won Teacher of the Year award.

1988-1994: Taught first, second and third grade in Ft. Worth Independent School District; won Teacher of the Year award

1994-1996: Taught second grade in Hillsborough County School District, Tampa, Fla.; won Teacher of the Year award.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Good for her.  She sounds like an outstanding person and probably cant stand those union cry babies.

She probably gets more done before 6:00 am than those lazy slobs do in a month. 

Good for her. 

The Regents were also impressed with her work to improve teacher quality and make it easier for highly skilled professionals to enter the teaching ranks through alternative certification, Flanders said.

Thats also a good thing she is doing as there are plenty of well educated qualified people who should be in the class room but dont have an education degree, which in of itself is usually nonsense. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Good for her.  She sounds like an outstanding person and probably cant stand those union cry babies.

She probably gets more done before 6:00 am than those lazy slobs do in a month. 

Good for her. 

Thats also a good thing she is doing as there are plenty of well educated qualified people who should be in the class room but dont have an education degree, which in of itself is usually nonsense. 
Agreed. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Teachers are paid extremely well as it is when you consider the pension, benes, costs, etc. 

I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.  If they cant muster a 30 minutes more a day, screw em, there will be plenty of college grads with masters lined up for miles to replace these union scumbags. 

Teachers are NOT paid very well the average salary for a teacher in New York is 48000 dollars before all the taxes (this I know because I have family members who are teachers in NY), dues and fees. Add in the monstrous headache of dealing with archaic boards of education and requirements that deal with everything other than teaching the student and even if they doubled the salary it would not be enough. Nonetheless without teachers what do you have????

Pensions, benefits are not much different than any other job...the media always makes it seem like teachers are living in mansion homes and driving Benz"s...the bulk are barely surviving, living in public housing and often are paying for the very supplies for the students out of their own paychecks that the schools system will not provide. Even the most basic things like chalk, tape, books, lesson plans, car fare for field trips etc etc is paid for by the teachers... It is ridiculous. So far as adding to their work day. Many of these teachers start the day at 7:30 AM and don't leave until 5 or 6 PM and afterward have to go home to grade papers, write up exams, deal with parents, deal with their own children/husband/wife and life. Given the boards of education DON'T listen to the recommendations of the teachers, neither is it in their interest to educate the students, why should the teachers spend any more time in school when the end result is even more trouble and lack of learning.

I sorta feel sorry for you all in america...settling for so little and caring for nothing. Your trouble is coming with a fury no gun, police, law, or government is going to be able to help you. With a severely uneducated populace, lack of jobs, care-less attitudes, selfish mindsets you are going to be the sufferers of your own wrath and making...
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Teachers are NOT paid very well the average salary for a teacher in New York is 48000 dollars before all the taxes (this I know because I have family members who are teachers in NY), dues and fees. Add in the monstrous headache of dealing with archaic boards of education and requirements that deal with everything other than teaching the student and even if they doubled the salary it would not be enough. Nonetheless without teachers what do you have????

Pensions, benefits are not much different than any other job...the media always makes it seem like teachers are living in mansion homes and driving Benz"s...the bulk are barely surviving, living in public housing and often are paying for the very supplies for the students out of their own paychecks that the schools system will not provide. Even the most basic things like chalk, tape, books, lesson plans, car fare for field trips etc etc is paid for by the teachers... It is ridiculous. So far as adding to their work day. Many of these teachers start the day at 7:30 AM and don't leave until 5 or 6 PM and afterward have to go home to grade papers, write up exams, deal with parents, deal with their own children/husband/wife and life. Given the boards of education DON'T listen to the recommendations of the teachers, neither is it in their interest to educate the students, why should the teachers spend any more time in school when the end result is even more trouble and lack of learning.

I sorta feel sorry for you all in america...settling for so little and caring for nothing. Your trouble is coming with a fury no gun, police, law, or government is going to be able to help you. With a severely uneducated populace, lack of jobs, care-less attitudes, selfish mindsets you are going to be the sufferers of your own wrath and making...

Tell you family members to move near me, every teacher I know makes over 80k a year. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Interesting Woman!

Rhode Island’s new education commissioner comes from similar post in Washington, D.C.
01:00 AM EDT on Thursday, April 2, 2009
By Jennifer D. Jordan

Journal Staff Writer
gist
PROVIDENCE — Rhode Island’s new education commissioner, who has summited Mount Kilimanjaro, now faces a steeper climb — significantly improving achievement gains for all students in the state, especially low-income and minority students stuck in low-performing urban schools.

Deborah A. Gist, 42, was the top choice, from an initial field of 35 candidates, of the Board of Regents for Elementary and Secondary Education and will be the first woman to lead the state Department of Education. She resigned Wednesday from a comparable post in Washington, D.C., to succeed Peter McWalters, who will step down June 30 after 17½ years.The Regents intend to formally vote at 3 p.m. Thursday afternoon in a ceremony at the State House. Governor Carcieri, in accordance with state law, will also cast a vote for her appointment.“She is a high-energy, passionate person who impressed us all,” said Robert G. Flanders Jr., chairman of the Board of Regents. “She combines both practical experience and a top-notch education.” Flanders said Gist was well-prepared for her private interviews with the search committee and the Regents and was knowledgeable about state laws and the powers of the education commissioner. “She’s coming from an urban background in D.C. and that’s a critical component of raising the bar here in Rhode Island.”

Gist says her eight years as a classroom teacher were “hands-down the most important experience I have with me every day as I serve in a leadership role.” She began her career as an elementary school teacher, twice earning Teacher of the Year awards — the first in Fort Worth, Texas, and the second in Hillsborough County, Fla.

Gist grew up in Oklahoma, a granddaughter of teachers. “I decided when I was 12 I would be a teacher,” she said by telephone Tuesday. “I just knew. But I never even thought about becoming a principal. I thought I would stay in the classroom forever.”

She earned a master’s degree in elementary education in 1997 and launched a family literacy program in Hillsborough County. Eventually, she became an administrator and after earning a master’s degree in public administration from Harvard, she began working as Washington, D.C.’s, “state education officer.” The position was elevated to “state superintendent,” in 2007, a job analogous to Rhode Island’s education commissioner. After her 2007 appointment, she called McWalters for advice and guidance. Both were members of the Council of Chief State School Officers.

“He’s one of the commissioners I have known the best,” she said. “I know this transition will be seamless.” McWalters said Gist’s experience in urban education and her political acumen will be assets when she comes to Rhode Island.

“Trying to move these big systems is partly about leadership, partly about the quality of the systems and partly about public policy decisions,” McWalters said. “It’s also political. You have to work with the governor, the legislature, the department itself, local school committees and labor. You need to be able to work these systems and I think she brings a freshness and experience to that process.”

Gist is married to Jock Friedly, a former investigative reporter who runs Internet-based companies that allow citizens to download information about government spending. Friedly will commute between their home in Washington and Rhode Island, Gist said.

The couple own a dog and a cat, both rescue animals. They enjoy taking on ambitious projects in their spare time — such as climbing Kilimanjaro together in 2006, a goal she said was on her “life list.”

“In addition to being very driven in my professional life, I am pretty driven in my personal life,” she said. Gist has flown in an F-18 fighter jet with the Blue Angels, and run the New York City Marathon.

Perhaps her most amusing project involved 112 kisses.

“I just thought I’d like to break a world record,” she said. Leafing through the Guinness Book of World Records, Gist dismissed several feats as “a little bit much.” But one caught her eye.

“There were 62 kisses recorded in a minute and I thought, ‘That’s not too hard,’ ” she said. “So we organized it and got friends of friends to participate and it was fun, it was great.” In the end, 112 of the 118 consecutive kisses she received on the cheek this past Valentine’s Day broke the previous record.

In 2007, Gist was accepted into a prestigious national educational leadership program run by the Los Angeles-based Broad Center, where she excelled, said Tim Quinn, managing director of the program.

Out of 500 applicants, Gist was one of a dozen selected for the 10-month program that brings together future leaders over long weekends of classes and seminars. Participants are trained to become superintendents in school districts that have large numbers of low-income and minority students. Providence Schools Supt. Tom Brady is another graduate of the Broad program.

“She distinguished herself among those in the program as someone who is extremely knowledgeable and understands issues and education reform from a state and national perspective,” Quinn said. “I think she will be very clear about vision and mission and she will definitely be results-oriented. And she has off-the-charts interpersonal skills. She will bring people along with her.”

Rhode Island was lucky to get Gist, said Regent Angus Davis, who co-chaired the search.

“We reached out to national leaders when we began our search, and asked everyone we could think of who they would recommend,” said Davis, who had invited Gist to apply. “And everyone we talked to said, ‘Deb Gist.’ Everyone said she was one of the two or three best people in the country.”Deborah A. Gist

•Marital status: Married, to Jock Friedly

•Administrative experience

2007 – present: District of Colombia’s first “State Superintendent of Education,” analogous to Rhode Island’s Education Commissioner

2004-2007: State Education Officer for DC’s education office

:D  2001-2004: Ran community service organization Serve DC, Executive Office of the Mayor

•Academic credentials

2000: Master in Public Administration, Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government. Kennedy Fellow and Littauer Fellow for academic excellence and community service.

1997: Master’s in elementary education/curriculum, University of South Florida

1988: Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, University of Oklahoma

•Classroom Experience

1988-1994: Taught first, second and third grade in Ft. Worth Independent School District; won Teacher of the Year award

She will either be fired or resign soon after taking the post after getting caught up in the bureaucracy of the BOE. Either that or she will compound the problem and make matters even worst...then she will be congratulated by those whose goal is to dumb down the masses.
C

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
south Fl has a teacher hiring freeze.  no more subs either.  2 years running now.  All for a grand old 32k a year to start.  they peak out at 53k after 30 years of service.  Or, an aother $5k if yo have your masters.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
south Fl has a teacher hiring freeze.  no more subs either.  2 years running now.  All for a grand old 32k a year to start.  they peak out at 53k after 30 years of service.  Or, an aother $5k if yo have your masters.

They make a shit load more where I am. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

They make a shit load more where I am.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
some FL teachers are michigan or NY graduates who come down here for 3-5 year experience, only to return up north with the experience to get a job.

some seirous slackers down here teaching... I taught 7 years and was disgusted on a daily basis.  You can't fire them no matter how innefficient they become.  There are some that care, but some that just get a check.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
some FL teachers are michigan or NY graduates who come down here for 3-5 year experience, only to return up north with the experience to get a job.

some seirous slackers down here teaching... I taught 7 years and was disgusted on a daily basis.  You can't fire them no matter how innefficient they become.  There are some that care, but some that just get a check.

I could never be a teacher.  It would be like Full Metal Jacket every day.  This is what my classroom would be like.   ;D  ;D  ;D

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

I know you have the experience and know first hand. 

I have seen it myself...I know a party pig that is an "art" teacher.  She parties at least 3-5 nights a week, and just has "quiet art day" when she is hungover.  If fucking disgusts me that people like this are teaching our kids.  I know that isn't a representation of all our teachers, but it disturbs me that her superiors don't do shit to rectify the situation. 

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
I have mixed feelings on this.

On one hand, I have ALWAYS thought that teachers are way overpaid.  They got easy hours, great benefits, and get 3-4 months of vacation every year (in most schools).  Outstanding job security too.

However, it takes a very special person to put up with the shit quality of youth we have in this country today thanks to the dumbing down of America by the NWO over the past 50 years.  The poorly behaved, borderline retarded, inner city or rural trash kids, makes most teaching jobs among the most difficult things in life to do.  Not many classrooms are filled with well behaved, civil, respectful honor students that were raised by a good family.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I have mixed feelings on this.

On one hand, I have ALWAYS thought that teachers are way overpaid.  They got easy hours, great benefits, and get 3-4 months of vacation every year (in most schools).  Outstanding job security too.

However, it takes a very special person to put up with the shit quality of youth we have in this country today thanks to the dumbing down of America by the NWO over the past 50 years.  The poorly behaved, borderline retarded, inner city or rural trash kids, makes most teaching jobs among the most difficult things in life to do.  Not many classrooms are filled with well behaved, civil, respectful honor students that were raised by a good family.

In my memory, the teacher either commanded respect in the first 5 minutes or lost it forever. 

The Iron Fist approach always was the best IMHO. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
In my memory, the teacher either commanded respect in the first 5 minutes or lost it forever. 

The Iron Fist approach always was the best IMHO. 

Yeah try it 3...try IRON HAND and watch how fast one of those kids claim you hit him or her and you end up in JAIL. I have to find the articles of just such things. Where teachers attempted to discipline the students (without getting physical) the students conspired together to get rid of the teacher by making claims the teacher molested them...GUESS WHAT??? The teacher was FIRED IMMEDIATELY.This is what I was saying in regard to good teachers being hand tied or mind tied in the system. Either do what they want or your fired...

Your memory must be quite old, because there is not a single teacher that commands anything in 5 minutes. Teachers are in fear of lawsuits, fines, disciplinary action against them or even jail time upon entering any school or classroom. School IS NOT what it used to be...sadly
C

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

It's with great regret that I have to say, I both fear, and share your conclusions.

The selfish, punitive, and mean spiritedness that I see coming from many Americans, ...(mainly on the right) is scary
I just cannot see a society continuing on the same path without a day of reckoning, ...and when it comes, ...the karma is going to be an absolute biyotch!
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
It's with great regret that I have to say, I both fear, and share your conclusions.

The selfish, punitive, and mean spiritedness that I see coming from many Americans, ...(mainly on the right) is scary.
I just cannot see a society continuing on the same path without a day of reckoning, ...and when it comes, ...the karma is going to be an absolute biyotch!

Maybe if you saw the property taxes most of us pay that fund these schools you would be more understanding of our intolerance for people unwilling to work an added 25 minutes a day. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Maybe if you saw the property taxes most of us pay that fund these schools you would be more understanding of our intolerance for people unwilling to work an added 25 minutes a day. 

No I wouldn't be more understanding and you are not paying all of that much in property tax for school...that's BULLSHIT. You FAIL miserably in understanding what teachers go through day to day. There is no 9 to 5, the job is practically 24/7 as the bulk of work happens once the teacher gets home from school. I don't ever recall a teacher leaving school at 3 when the rest of us as students left. Many of my teachers spoke of being in school or working on papers, projects gradings, exams etc until 8 or 9 at night and this was years ago when I was a junior high and high school student. Things have not changed much, the stress is still the same, requirement s still the same and time required still the same. You are deliberately almost willfully failing to see these teachers have lives, husbands, wives, children and spend most of their time in school or working on things related to school...what happens to their family time and lives? Didn't you say before you girl friend or sister teaches just a few hours PER WEEK and was always complaining about being tired and run down? Imagine teaching 9 to 5 everyday (even though the school day starts at 7:30), trying to handle 30 to 40 students per class, then after school work and then going home to do more work and then having no weekends because the is still more work to do. These teachers need to be rewarded rather than condemned....But as I said the wrath coming your way is of your own making...
C

24KT

• Getbig V
Yeah try it 3...try IRON HAND and watch how fast one of those kids claim you hit him or her and you end up in JAIL. I have to find the articles of just such things. Where teachers attempted to discipline the students (without getting physical) the students conspired together to get rid of the teacher by making claims the teacher molested them...GUESS WHAT??? The teacher was FIRED IMMEDIATELY.This is what I was saying in regard to good teachers being hand tied or mind tied in the system. Either do what they want or your fired...

Your memory must be quite old, because there is not a single teacher that commands anything in 5 minutes. Teachers are in fear of lawsuits, fines, disciplinary action against them or even jail time upon entering any school or classroom. School IS NOT what it used to be...sadly

...not to mention the whackjob student who shows up armed to the gills.  :-\
w

24KT

• Getbig V

What I saw was the endless hours my mother put in AFTER leaving the school... that, and the many hours of physiotherapy she had to endure from wrestling an unruly 7 yr. old down to the principals office.
The little brat didn't like the fact that she confiscated his brass knuckles.
w

SAMSON123

• Getbig V

The selfish, punitive, and mean spiritedness that I see coming from many Americans, ...(mainly on the right) is scary.

YES it will be a BEYOTCH Jag

Right now just about all americans are so turned around ass backwards it is not funny. The more they are educated the dumber they seem to become and they wonder why the few intelligent are getting the hell out of america before the shoe drops. Everything in their world is money Money MONEY and doing any and everything to get it. They will undermine one another with the emotional concern of a dead person for the sake of so little...temporary happiness that goes as soon as they begin lusting after the next thing. The callousness now is overwhelming, hating because someone has a higher salary than the next, complaining bitterly if someone has so much a one more can of soup than the next, having no feelings what so ever about the unfortunate, who thanks to the Wall Street scum that walked away with TRILLIONS, are now penniless, without pension, without savings without jobs, without 401k, 403B, without homes etc etc. And since I brought up the wall sttreet scum and bankers...notice no attention is really on them! All of the contempt is on the automotive workers, unions, teachers, civil service employees etc. They are condemned for just trying to survive, yet the ones driving in Benz, Jags, fine cars eating the best of foods, wearing the best of clothes, living in LUXURY etc at the expense of the taxpayer, employee and investor are looked upon as heros....GO Figure...
C