Author Topic: Fox scrambles after Paul wins CPAC poll  (Read 1243 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Fox scrambles after Paul wins CPAC poll
« on: February 21, 2010, 07:07:41 PM »
REPUBLICANS ARE READY TO TAKE THEIR PARTY - AND THE COUNTRY - BACK!

AND THEY WANT THE IDEALS OF RON PAUL FOR THIS. 

THEY DON'T WANT LIBERAL ROMNEY, FLAKY PALIN, OR RELIGIOUS NUTJOB HUCK.

Remember the big conservative conference Fox News has been hyping over the past 10 days?

The Conservative Political Action Conference's presidential straw poll, a key marker of the mood among conservative voters, apparently didn't mean anything to the network. And if it did mean something, the only real result is bragging rights for the individual candidates who were so well exposed. And hey, even Dick Cheney showed up.

Or, at least that's how Fox News characterized the poll, after it was reported that Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) had won it by a wide margin.

CPAC participants voted for Paul as their favored candidate by some 31 percent, giving him the largest margin of victory in recent years. Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, who has won the vote over the last three years, was the runner up with 22 percent. Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin was third with seven percent.

Over 10,000 people attended CPAC this year.

In 2009, CPAC was arguably the biggest event in conservative politics all year, featuring right-wing all-stars like Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin, Ann Coulter and many more. In 2008, pollsters were shocked when Romney beat Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) by just one percent of the vote, even after announcing the suspension of his presidential campaign.

That year, Paul tied for third with former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee with 12 percent of the vote. In the same poll for 2009, Ron Paul again came in third place, this time with 13 percent of the vote. He was bested by Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, at 14 percent, and Mitt Romney, with 20.

"I believe we are on the verge of something very significant," Paul told CPAC in 2010.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Fox scrambles after Paul wins CPAC poll
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 10:11:27 PM »
Here are the official results:

Texas Rep. Ron Paul - 31 percent
Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney -- 22 percent
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin -- 7 percent
Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty - 6 percent
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich - 4 percent
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee -- 4 percent
Indiana Rep. Mike Pence - 5 percent
South Dakota Sen. John Thune -- 2 percent
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels -- 2 percent
Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum -- 2 percent
Mississippi Gov. Hailey Barbour - 1 percent
Other - 5 percent
Undecided - 6 percent
!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 06:24:04 AM »
They also dont want the stupidity of Charlie Crist.Isnt it amazing that conservatives have ONE network that slants their way and 240 ALWAYS knocks it?Yet,he praises MSNBC all the time,a network that is simply an infomercial for libs.Then he has the balls to get on here and claim "Im a libertarian and a conservative".I dont get it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 06:42:09 AM »
They also dont want the stupidity of Charlie Crist.Isnt it amazing that conservatives have ONE network that slants their way and 240 ALWAYS knocks it?Yet,he praises MSNBC all the time,a network that is simply an infomercial for libs.Then he has the balls to get on here and claim "Im a libertarian and a conservative".I dont get it.

Yeah, I really dont see how someone begging for govt price controls is a libertarian. 

With regard to Ron Paul, he is too old, but his message still is the best out there by far. 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 07:46:10 AM »
  I live for the day when someone McVeighs the Fox building. Hopefully, Glenn Beck and Judge Napolitano won't be in it.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 07:51:36 AM »
  I live for the day when someone McVeighs the Fox building. Hopefully, Glenn Beck and Judge Napolitano won't be in it.

Classy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 07:52:50 AM »

Why?  You dont like Hucklebee, Whorealdo, Shep, and Greta?

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 08:20:08 AM »

You forgot Megan Kelly...hopefully she will be out.   ;D

Purge_WTF

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 08:23:19 AM »
Why?  You dont like Hucklebee, Whorealdo, Shep, and Greta?

Huck helped get cops killed, Shep and Great just kinda take up space, and Geraldo reminds me of that guy on the subway that noone wants to sit next to.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 08:46:24 AM »

Sorry the stupid ass libs are incompetent in such things.Bill Ayers and his kind end up blowing themselves up instead of a target.As with EVERYTHING else,the left are nothing but impotent idiots who fail at EVERYTHING they attempt.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 11:51:29 AM »
Sorry the stupid ass libs are incompetent in such things.Bill Ayers and his kind end up blowing themselves up instead of a target.As with EVERYTHING else,the left are nothing but impotent idiots who fail at EVERYTHING they attempt.

except for getting elected as president :-\ ...they won in that

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 12:07:10 PM »

except for getting elected as president :-\ ...they won in that

Well they defeated a lib so its a bit in the air if the libs really won.If two libs run and one wins it doesnt really count as liberal victory.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 12:08:44 PM »
Well they defeated a lib so its a bit in the air if the libs really won.If two libs run and one wins it doesnt really count as liberal victory.

I'm glad RP won. 

After reading Create from Jekylle Island, RP is the only one who really gets what is going on righ tnow.     

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 12:35:57 PM »

RP was the only one on the GOP nominee stage in 2007 that knew what was going on.  Or, he was the only one being honest about it.  While Romney, Huck and Mccain were telling people everything in the economy was good, RP was predicing a major crash - and it arrived.

Ron paul would have won against Obama - without a doubt.  People settled for mccain and he still got 47% of the vote.... all while almost 20% of repubs stayed home.  That 20% wouldn't have stayed home with RP in the race - he spoke to the base in a major way.

This CPAC tells us 2 things - Repubs would like to return to smaller govt, and less nation building.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »

RP was the only one on the GOP nominee stage in 2007 that knew what was going on.  Or, he was the only one being honest about it.  While Romney, Huck and Mccain were telling people everything in the economy was good, RP was predicing a major crash - and it arrived.

Ron paul would have won against Obama - without a doubt.  People settled for mccain and he still got 47% of the vote.... all while almost 20% of repubs stayed home.  That 20% wouldn't have stayed home with RP in the race - he spoke to the base in a major way.

This CPAC tells us 2 things - Repubs would like to return to smaller govt, and less nation building.

RP to me is one of the only ones with a clue of what is going on. 

I have been reading a lot lately on the banks, economy, etc, and he is the ONLY one speaking the truth about the Fed. Reserve, the govet, etc. 

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
Sorry, but I am greatly troubled that Ron Paul won this straw poll. I think the man is overall a fool. Yes, on economics he is almost always right, but on everything else he sucks. He does not belong in the White House. Besides, he is not conservative. He is libertarian.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 12:42:55 PM »
Sorry, but I am greatly troubled that Ron Paul won this straw poll. I think the man is overall a fool. Yes, on economics he is almost always right, but on everything else he sucks. He does not belong in the White House. Besides, he is not conservative. He is libertarian.

Like what?  Foregin policy?  Sure some of his statements are provactive, but overall to me he is an 8/10 candidate whereas everyone else in 5/10 so far. 

Obama and the dems are a 0/10 which is why I vote Repub most of the time. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 12:44:48 PM »
"RP to me is one of the only ones with a clue of what is going on.  "

I disagree.

I have a DAMN GOOD feeling someone like Romney knows what's going on, economically.  I'm sure Mccain and most people in congress know what's going on.

Now - are they HONEST about it?  Shit, no.

Why they all sat onstage at the Reagan Library and mocked Ron paul for being HONEST about the bad shape of the economy, stupid spending and tax cuts for the rich, and trouble for which we were heading - every single one of those d-bag's mocked him.  They all said we were on solid ground, that the current admin was doing a bang-up job on the economy.

They KNEW the truth - without a doubt.  They just chose to lie about it.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 12:49:11 PM »
Like what?  Foregin policy?  Sure some of his statements are provactive, but overall to me he is an 8/10 candidate whereas everyone else in 5/10 so far. 

Anyone that thinks that the US invading Iraq is morally the same as China invading the US is a fool and does not belong in the White House. I would call that just a little bit more that provacative. Guys like him think we can just hide behind our moat of two oceans and we will be ok. That is naive and dangerous.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 12:51:10 PM »
I'm not so sure 240.  McLame is claiming he was misled about the bailout, hucklbee is playing the guitar for michelle Obama, romney is playing me too, rudy is doing CYA over the kerik mess, etc.

RP has written books about the mess we are in, the others are just pretenders. 

If hucklebee is the nominee I'm staying home, maybe same with Myth.     

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 12:52:27 PM »

Anyone that thinks that the US invading Iraq is morally the same as China invading the US is a fool and does not belong in the White House. I would call that just a little bit more that provacative. Guys like him think we can just hide behind our moat of two oceans and we will be ok. That is naive and dangerous.

I dont agree with him on everything in that respect, but overall, there are far more things I agree with him than disagree, especially considering the other phonies all over the place.   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 12:55:41 PM »
"RP to me is one of the only ones with a clue of what is going on.  "

I disagree.

I have a DAMN GOOD feeling someone like Romney knows what's going on, economically.  I'm sure Mccain and most people in congress know what's going on.

Now - are they HONEST about it?  Shit, no.

Why they all sat onstage at the Reagan Library and mocked Ron paul for being HONEST about the bad shape of the economy, stupid spending and tax cuts for the rich, and trouble for which we were heading - every single one of those d-bag's mocked him.  They all said we were on solid ground, that the current admin was doing a bang-up job on the economy.

They KNEW the truth - without a doubt.  They just chose to lie about it.

The Bush administration did do a good job.It was when the dems took control of the congress and senate that it fell apart.Before that UE was never over 4.9%.Bush was ruined by democrats,who ruin everything they touch.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 01:12:34 PM »
In that case, billy, Bush failed by allowing the dems to win back the house and senate.

He campaigned for these guys - and they still lost.

if it's all the dems fault, you have to thank the guy who escroted them into office - Bush.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 01:18:04 PM »
Government Stimulus, One Year Later (Ron Paul)
U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, 14th District ^ | 2010-02-22

Posted on Monday, February 22, 2010 3:24:17 PM by rabscuttle385

Last week marked the one year anniversary of the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act, or the stimulus bill, passing into law. While the debate over its success has been focused on whether or not it is stimulating the economy and on various questionable uses of funds, in my estimation this legislation is accomplishing exactly what it was intended to accomplish – grow the government.

Those of us concerned about the ever increasing level of government debt gasped at the astonishing $787 billion cost estimates for this bill. True to form it has actually cost 10 percent more at $862 billion. We heard over and over that government could not sit around and do nothing while people lost their jobs and houses. The administration claimed that unemployment would not go above 8 percent if the stimulus bill passed. Now, a year later, the government estimates that unemployment is over 10 percent. The real number is closer to 20 percent. It appears that those promises were total fabrications in order to close the deal.

In any case, the American people know that more government spending obviously equals more government. If the goal was to strengthen the private sector, Congress would have allowed businesses and individuals to keep more of their own money through meaningful tax cuts. Outrageously, the administration claims that they did “cut taxes” by reducing withholding, and that they have stimulated the private economy by increasing the amount of money in every worker’s paycheck. What they fail to mention is they did not change the total amount of taxes due. This means that all that money not withheld from paychecks will add up to a big unpleasant surprise when returns are filed this year. Many tax preparers are already seeing shocked taxpayers having to come up with big checks to the government when they normally expect a refund. Stimulus, indeed!

The administration also claims that thousands of jobs have been created or saved by this massive spending bill, but these are just more government jobs, and counterproductive in the long run. Funding for the public sector necessarily comes at the expense of an overtaxed private economy. But, it makes sense that government would seek to expand its payroll since every new bureaucrat becomes a likely advocate for big government, when an increasing number of Americans are demanding the opposite. But the more the burden, the closer the government parasite comes to killing its host.

Rather than learning the lessons of the past year, the administration is moving full-speed ahead to do even more economic damage. With the stimulus bill set as a precedent and victory declared, another “jobs” bill is in the works. And, in order to address the unavoidable issues of our massive deficit, the administration has named a bi-partisan commission to find ways to decrease it. Tax increases on the middle class are notoriously back “on the table”, exposing that campaign promise as another instance of merely saying what the people wanted to hear. If the obvious solution to our spending problems was seriously put forth, that is, getting back to the constitutional limitations of government, I would be shocked. More likely, this will be a tactic to increase taxes and spending in a way that passes the political buck.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 01:49:18 PM »
In that case, billy, Bush failed by allowing the dems to win back the house and senate.

He campaigned for these guys - and they still lost.

if it's all the dems fault, you have to thank the guy who escroted them into office - Bush.

In that case THANK YOU BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA for getting a republican governor in New Jersey and a Republican senator in Kennedys seat!!!!!Thank you,thank you ,thank you.By the way,54 consecutive months of job growth under Bush,how many for Obama so far?