Author Topic: shoulder/ pec problem  (Read 3207 times)

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
shoulder/ pec problem
« on: February 21, 2010, 08:33:46 PM »
 Okay here are the symptoms bad pain in my left shoulder when doing flat bench ( almost feels like its under the muscle of the shoulder) never felt any pull or strain when in the gym just last week i woke up feeling like i had slept on it funny but once i tried to bench i had pain so i shut it down for the week then went back today tried flat and it hurt i couldn't even unrack my working set weight. i decided to see what movements bugged it, i did incline dumbells and didn't seem to have any problem did pecdeck and still no pain. I have not had any discolor or anything like that i dont bounce the weight and thought i had pretty good form i work my way up with 2 or three warm up sets and stretching...any help is greatly appreciated
Odilly

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: shoulder/ pec problem
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 07:08:51 AM »
If you don't want to go to the doc right away I'd start w/a deep tissue massage and rest it for a couple weeks.

Also, if you can find someone that does Active Release Therapy, I'd try that too.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=267611.0

I ended up having a massage therapist who "sort of" knows ART do it to my shoulder and it really, really helped....  It was bad again recently because I spent 4 days in bed but had a massage yesterday focusing there almost the whole time and feel sooo much better.

Hope you feel better soon.
R