Author Topic: Steven Seagal Tribute Thread  (Read 10548 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Steven Seagal Tribute Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 12:31:18 AM »
BTW, it was Dan that taught Bruce Lee Escrima and Kali. He said Bruce was a natural and displayed his skills on Enter the Dragon. That's Jackie Chan getting his hair pulled and neck broken.

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 04:55:02 AM »
one of the great scenes in cinema history.

brutally beautiful

Huge Aryan bastard!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 05:56:51 AM »

I fucking love Steven Seagal!  Was an awesome action star back in the day!  You gotta wonder whats up with the drastic weight gain lol, but he's still a bad ass and his Lawman show is sweet, especially when the people they are arresting are like "WOW SHIT, you are steven seagal" -

There was one show when some drug dealer was busted and he goes "I'm sorry Mr. Stallone" everyone was like "WTF, thats not Stallone, its Steven seagal!"

Do you guys remember  :o :

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 08:53:28 AM »
 lmmfao!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 09:21:59 AM »
Ditto, have a look at my webpage apacheclips.com and see how soldiers react, sound and work under fire - and these are highly trained individuals, drop Steven in a fucked up FOB someplace in butfuck helmand and you see how much of a "hero" he is.

if we had simply dropped him and his team in iraq instead of the 'military' the mission would have already been accomplished in like 3 days.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 09:38:42 AM »
any body seen bobby lupo,i'm gonna keep coming back till somebody remembers....his hair nowadays looks like its literally painted on...

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 06:38:57 AM »

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 07:56:02 AM »
The STEVE. YEAH
MIRAGETROPIN

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2011, 09:20:55 AM »
His Aikido is really great, his films later on were not so good.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 09:25:01 AM »
Brah had front row seats at the Thrilla in Manilla naw mean?
What did the ring whores look like holding the round signs up trying to figure if they were worth the ticket price?

rachaelsnav

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »
UM Jeff Speakman what about Gymkata he was a master of karate and gymnastics.  Brian Bosworth Rowdy Roddy?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2011, 09:01:01 AM »

If we all do botox, everybody could be Steven Seagal !!!!!!

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2011, 09:07:41 AM »
Kinda makes me want to watch "Fistful of Yen", a film within the film "Kentucky Fried Movie".

whataname

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »
he runs funny.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2011, 02:29:33 PM »
how would Steven seagal do in the octagon during his prime i wonder? its all for show, he would fail miserably

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2011, 02:01:34 AM »
I liked steven seagal`s "Kote-Gaeshi"..outer wrist throw. I did Aikido and it does work. Although to be honest i would rather tell someone to learn Wing chun or jeet kune do for a bar fight.. ;D The problem with Aikido is there are too many Aikikai senseis who make it look soft and like Dancing... Yoshinkan is considerd to be a "hard school" or "Tomiki Aikido" has a strong influence from Judo Randori.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2011, 07:16:34 AM »
Aikikai style depends on the teacher how they want to teach it. Go to Chiba Sensei, Matsuoka sensei or Peter (or whis wife Penny) Bernath Sensei in Florida and tell me if they are dancing. Try to feel a few techniques form them as well

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2011, 08:22:13 AM »
Well i would love to come to the states and visit them. Donīt think iīm being negative but on the whole most Aikikai schools i have seen are "soft" and teach or emphesize too much on "KI". I did find Iwama Ryu very short and Direct and very useful. It does depend on the Teacher and when he learned Aikido, look at the latter Aikido of Ueshiba. Very heavily influenced by KI. It was not like pre 1945 Aiki Budo from which Gozo Shioda was Uchi dechi and he later formed Yoshinkan Aikido. Lets not forget Aikido comes from "Daito Ryu" Aiki Jutsu.

roccoginge

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2011, 08:39:29 AM »
I loved this scene. The guy that played sticks is Dan Inosantos, Bruce Lee's best friend. He was well into his fifties when this scene was shot. I use to see him practically every morning rolling with Roger Machado at Machado Jiu-Jitsu in Torrance, CA. Chuck Norris use to train there and when he got the Texas Ranger part he took one of the brothers, Carlos Machado, with him so he could continue to train Jiu-Jitsu. He helped Carlos set up his school in Texas and started everything there in the mid 1990s. Pretty inspiring see Guru Dan (as he was called) still on the mat well into his sixties.

When I trained at Gold's Venice Dan Inosanto was the only person I was star struck by.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2011, 09:22:37 AM »
Seagal looks like a fat version of Bela Lugosi who speaks ebonics!!

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »
Well i would love to come to the states and visit them. Donīt think iīm being negative but on the whole most Aikikai schools i have seen are "soft" and teach or emphesize too much on "KI". I did find Iwama Ryu very short and Direct and very useful. It does depend on the Teacher and when he learned Aikido, look at the latter Aikido of Ueshiba. Very heavily influenced by KI. It was not like pre 1945 Aiki Budo from which Gozo Shioda was Uchi dechi and he later formed Yoshinkan Aikido. Lets not forget Aikido comes from "Daito Ryu" Aiki Jutsu.

Where are you located? I agree with you that most teachers are soft. Personally I prefer the hard style. Maybe because I started training Aikido when I was 20 and thus looking for action and some hard stuff. Ofcourse at that age you're not joining a soft teacher to impress your friends. But at several seminars I attended throughout Europe it was disappointing soft indeed. Not many people want to train with you when you're "hard" so I had to tone it down at seminars. Matsuoka is still visiting Belgium, so if you have a chance. He is the short Japanese guy who was in the first few movies of Seagal (you can see him in the opening scene of Above the Law where they start in the dojo) He was Seagals main uke, but they seperated after Steven not keeping some promises. But Matsuoka is still hard

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2011, 11:15:11 AM »
  :D

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2011, 11:59:40 AM »

well said donny! do u train?

segal's aikido is deadly....no fukn about....snap somethin with seconds of it kicking off

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2011, 12:11:17 PM »
Matsuoka is still visiting Belgium, so if you have a chance. He is the short Japanese guy who was in the first few movies of Seagal (you can see him in the opening scene of Above the Law where they start in the dojo) He was Seagals main uke

First guy being called to the front is Matsuoka