Author Topic: Rugby player banned after positive HGH test  (Read 3117 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Rugby player banned after positive HGH test
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 11:50:17 AM »
WANNA BET?!?!?!  ;D

both gh and anahexia is expensive as shit right now lol.

You're a resourceful dude. Sell a few boxes of each at markup and you're doing it practically for free.  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 11:55:47 AM »
You're a resourceful dude. Sell a few boxes of each at markup and you're doing it practically for free.  ;D

I know, but just landed a fulltime job, and I dont know if I dare, I have a few plans going on though. Why do anything yourself when people can do shit for you lol.

everything I just said was a total joke swedish popo

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 11:58:26 AM »
I know, but just landed a fulltime job, and I dont know if I dare, I have a few plans going on though. Why do anything yourself when people can do shit for you lol.

everything I just said was a total joke swedish popo

:D

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 01:28:28 PM »
So will this now lower the price of HGH for the average gym rat , thats all I care about  :D

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 02:40:04 PM »
There was a UCLA study that came out showing HGH did not improve strength.

My guess is the only benefit the athletes are really getting from using is faster healing from injuries...maybe some fat loss.  Besides taking the risk to speed healing from a major injury I don't know why these guys would risk getting caught or spend the money.

That's great that the anti-doping agencies have a test for HGH but the stuff doesn't help athletic performance much anyway.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 03:15:50 PM »
There was a UCLA study that came out showing HGH did not improve strength.

My guess is the only benefit the athletes are really getting from using is faster healing from injuries...maybe some fat loss.  Besides taking the risk to speed healing from a major injury I don't know why these guys would risk getting caught or spend the money.

That's great that the anti-doping agencies have a test for HGH but the stuff doesn't help athletic performance much anyway.

Do you believe that HGH improves the effectiveness of other anabolic supplements being taken at the same time? 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 03:25:41 PM »
HGH is just an expensive fat burner!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 04:46:19 PM »

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 04:52:29 PM »

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 10:38:41 PM »
I though high igf levels were an indication of gh use. On another board a fella in his fifties had his igf levels checked and it was in th 90s. After a couple of months on gh it was over 400.

I think gh does a lot more than just burn fat. It is one of the hormones that your body uses to regenerate and repairs itself. One of the definitions of aging is your body losing the ability to repair itself. When you're a kid you "over repair" and grow. When you get old your body doesn't keep up with the day to day breakdown and you slowly degenerate. I don't think Stallone would be as youthful in his sixties as he is without gh. The kind of shape he is in for his age was unheard up a couple of generations ago.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2010, 11:02:54 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4938135

LONDON -- In a major breakthrough in the fight against doping, a British rugby league player has become the first athlete to be suspended for using human growth hormone.

Terry Newton admitted taking the substance in a statement released by his attorneys on Friday. The United Kingdom Anti-Doping authority announced a two-year ban on Monday after Newton was fired by his club, Wakefield.

"It's the first time and very significant," WADA director general David Howman said. "It shows the people who say that HGH cannot be detected that it can. The sports people who said it can't be detected are fooling themselves."

HGH is banned in the major North American sports leagues, most notably by baseball since 2005. But amid the lack of an effective test, there has not been testing for the substance.

Travis Tygart, the chief executive of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, said the British finding blasts a hole in that thinking, according to the New York Daily News.

"All of us who have helped develop a test wouldn't put it in place if it wasn't forensically sound and reliable." Tygart said, according to the Daily News. "Particularly in [Newton's] case, it's proof positive the test works."

UK Anti-Doping chief executive Andy Parkinson said it was a landmark case.

"It is the world-first analytical positive for HGH, a substance that has previously gone undetected because it leaves the system fairly quickly after administration," Parkinson said.

Parkinson said this case, like the tests for the banned blood-boosting hormone EPO, sends out a message that scientists are catching up with cheats.

"There has been a feeling that you can take growth hormone with impunity, but this shows this is no longer the case," Parkinson said. "Now there is a test, so our message to athletes is to think twice about using it.

"In the 1990s, athletes thought they could get away with using EPO and now there is a test for it. And the same is now the case with human growth hormone."

UK Anti-Doping and its drug control center at King's College London worked closely with the World Anti-Doping Agency throughout the analysis process.

Howman said the HGH test has been around since the 2004 Athens Olympics, but it hasn't been available to every laboratory in the world. The testing kits weren't widely available and the process was only fully introduced at the 2008 Beijing Games.

"There's been a lot of cynicism that it's not going to work and couldn't be detected," Howman said. "Now that we have a case, I hope it delivers a message to others that are using it that it's a risk."

By acting on the liver and other tissues, HGH increases bone growth and plays a key role in muscle and organ growth. That makes it a prohibited substance under WADA's list of prohibited substances.

Professor David Cowan, director of the center at King's College London, said that Newton's ban represented a significant step in how science can catch cheats.

"This is an exciting, major breakthrough that has been the result of many years of careful research with WADA," Cowan said. "The detection of substances that are virtually identical to our natural hormones has always represented a challenge.

"This shows how science has closed an important gap and further enhances our ability to deter the cheating athlete to ensure the integrity of sport and promote healthy competition."

The 31-year-old Newton's suspension will end Nov. 23, 2011. He had recently signed a two-year deal with the Wildcats after playing for Leeds, Wigan and Bradford.
China has been giving HGH to their Basketball players for yrs. Why do  you think that almost everybody on their basketball team is 7 ft tall? Very little variation of height, like they grow them to a certain height real young.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2010, 11:19:53 PM »
China has been giving HGH to their Basketball players for yrs. Why do  you think that almost everybody on their basketball team is 7 ft tall? Very little variation of height, like they grow them to a certain height real young.

Red tops, no doubt.